The shadows' treasures [SL ×...

By Angy_Biyoo

What will happen if three powerful but annoying beings appear out of nowhere? Will they help Jinwoo? Will the... More

prologue
Mall
Meeting
Family
Training
Information
Unknown
Appearance

Dinner

517 32 0
By Angy_Biyoo

V

Sung Jinah's pov

Walking home is tiring, but the scenery you get is refreshing. Alongside the city air that greets you.

The elevator's still broken. Can't they just fix it? It's been three days already. Well, guess I'll take the stairs. I regret walking home, I should've taken a taxi or something.

Once I reached my floor, I walked my way to our apartment door. Once I was about to twist the doorknob open, Oppa was calling me.

I answered the call while putting my shoes away, and putting them at the sides. I noticed that there were three tiny shoes besides oppa's shoes.

I got suspicious. I heard oppa's voice through the phone.

"I'm already home oppa-" - SJA

Before I could even finish my sentence. The words that I was about to say were stuck in my throat, because of the scene I saw. I saw two children using our tv, while the other one was busy helping eomeoni cook dinner.

So those three were the owners of the tiny shoes I saw earlier. But hold on— they look familiar. 'WAIT ISN'T THOSE THE CHILDREN THAT WERE TRENDING!!?' So are those oppa's secret love children?

"Oppa, are those your child—" - SJA

"No they are not" - SJW

That is what he said, but I don't believe it. I walked up to the couch and sat there. The porcelain doll looked at me. Sweat beads were rolling down my face. The awkward silence is killing me. I need a way to relieve this awkward tension.

"JINAH! GO TAKE A BATH" - PKH

Eomeoni nice one! I got up from my seat and dashed straight away to the bathroom.

-A few minutes later-

After I was done taking my bath, I immediately started dressing myself up. I wore a white plain t-shirt and black shorts.

Once I exited my bedroom. An amazing aroma slapped me in the face. 'I didn't know my mother could cook like that??!' But then I remembered the kid that was helping mother cook.

I'm not comparing he's cooking to mother's but. . .

HOW COULD A HUMAN RESIST SUCH BEAUTIFUL AROMAS!!?

I could see all of them (asides from me) sitting at the dinner table. I walked up to them and took a seat beside oppa.

The boy helping eomeoni earlier was sitting right beside her, while the other two were sitting at each end of the table.

Once we were settled down. We began eating, and the dish they cooked was Japchae. I took one chicken from the bowl and ate it. A flavorful taste soon flooded my taste buds. I began stuffing my face with noodles.

"Jinah, eat slowly" - SJW

"BwAt I CwAnt HeLP iT-" - SJA

"And don't talk with your mouth full" - SJW

I nodded my head. I cried from the bliss I felt with every bite I took. The same goes for the two children watching TV earlier. While eating, oppa introduced me to them.

-After eating-

Oppa and eomeoni are washing the dishes, While I'm stuck with my soon-to-be nephews and niece. They just blankly stared at me, and in return, I just stared at them too.

I decided to break this awkward tension. I came out with hundreds of ideas, and I opened my mouth.

"So...Do you read webnovels?" - SJA

'OH, MY GO- WHY DID I SAY THAT??!' Sweat beads then began to fall down my chin. I'm so stupid for asking if a kid reads web novels. . . I looked at them with hopes that they wouldn't find me weird.

But the look I got was a beaming shining look. The only one who did it was none other than Dokja. I should've guessed, his name means 'reader', 'alone' or 'only child'.

"Sooyoung-ya! do you also read novels as dokja-ya do?" - SJA

"Well about that. . .She's actually a writer, so you could guess that she reads other novels to get inspirations" - KDJ

Oho? I wonder what her pen name is and how many stories she has created so far. I took out my phone and went to the famous 'Star_Stream' website, where millions of authors come and post their stories.

"So how many novels have you written so far? More importantly, what's your pen name?" - SJA

"..." - HSY

"..." - SJA

"The reason why she became silent is that her pen name is very chuuni like" - KDJ

"*GASPS IN BETRAYAL* HOW COULD YOU!!! oh and btw my pen name's 'BF_Empress'" - HSY

Wait a minute, I've seen that name somewhere. I quickly searched her pen name. I gasped out of shock. 'SHE WAS THE AUTHOR OF 'SSSSS-GRADE INFINITE REGRESSOR' !!! How could a mere 12 yr old girl possibly write that amazing novel???

Kim Dokja's pov

Judging by her looks she already figured out Sooyoung's novel. WOS was much better than that 'SSSSS something something regressor' thing. Of course, I knew she was the one who wrote WOS but...It was her 1863rd self.

Anyways...Jonghyuk was not listening to our rumblings about novels and stuffs, so our dear sunfish bastard is currently watching a boxing show. He's judging their stances and stuff.

"So what kind of genre do you usually read?" - SJA

"Oh! I usually read sci-fi and apocalypse novels. Sometimes I just read shittly novels and stuff'' - KDJ

"He has bad tastes. He's lucky that I let him be my editor" - HSY

"HUH??! I DON'T HAVE BAD TASTES! and please, I became your editor, since I'm afraid what people would think that your novel's trash" - KDJ

I could see a vein popping out of her forehead. I don't clearly remember when we started bickering but I could clearly remember hyung stopping us. We didn't notice that it was almost midnight. Noona hurriedly went to her room since she has school tomorrow.

We drank water before sleeping. Hyung slept on the floor, we don't mind sleeping on the floor tho, we've once slept in dirty places. This must be what they call 'Children's privilege'. The children in this world have it easy. Shin Yoonsung and Lee Gilyoung must've been pure and innocent children if they didn't live in such a world.

Morning came. We ate our breakfast, took a bath, and went to the hunter association. Before we ate our breakfast, Noona had already left for school, and Eomeoni was at the store buying groceries.

The ride to the association was peaceful. People flooded the streets, vehicles filling the road, the sun shining at the world, birds flying, and the skies were clear. We arrived at the parking lot of the association. Woo Jinchul was at the entrance waiting for us. After hyung left to raid some gates, Jinchul-ssi was guiding us where S-class hunters were training.

They're spreading their aura everywhere. Maybe because they were wary, afraid, or excited about who's gonna train them. Sooyoung was practically grinning menacingly while Jonghyuk was suppressing his smile. Those two were sadists, well so am I.

We three were really excited about 'training' them. The man in front of us was suppressing his trembling, I think he was terrified about the two.

After walking in a dark hallway, we finally saw light and the hunters 'menacingly' spreading their aura. Once we were in the middle of the stadium, they looked quite baffled. Can't blame them tho. Who would want to be trained by a child?

Jinchul-ssi introduced us to them. One of them said, "ARE YOU JOKING WITH US RIGHT NOW!?" Their reactions were normal. Jinchul-ssi was trying his best to calm them.

Sooyoung was already unwrapping the bandages around her arm. Jonghyuk went to grab his most used sword. While I, also grabbed my most precious sword.

They thought it was cute that a child was trying to grab a sword. Sooyoung was now annoyed 'cause she had enough of them underestimating us. To prove that they were not facing 'mere' children. She began to create black flames in her palms.

They were struck dumbfounded. And she began to show off. I think she forgot that we need to 'train' them, not show off. I sighed to relieve the headache I received. This is gonna be a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 5.8K 52
Park Jisoo, cousin of the former Weakest Hunter to the S-Ranked Hunter Sung Jin-Woo and also, one of the Shadow Monarch and successor of the King of...
Scared By fei

Fanfiction

5.6K 264 19
Everyone has typical fears. Spiders, dark, night skys, death... Haechan has the fear of darkness, while Mark? He was scared of his loved ones getting...
24.1K 1.5K 20
In a world where mysterious portals known as Gates have sprung up around the globe, connecting the human world to alternate dimensions. Simultaneousl...
22.6K 1.1K 10
Destruction. That was the first thing he saw the moment he saw after being attacked by a group who called themselves a 'Monarch' causing a mass genoc...