Vampers: Halloween Trial

By takumi41

A young bedwetting vampire princess named Viki has longed to experience the human tradition "Halloween." Howe... More

Chapter 1: The Vampire's Lore
Chapter 2: The Vampire's Test
Chapter 3: The Vampire's Treatment
Chapter 4: The Vampire's Confession
Chapter 5: The Vampire Wears Coddlers?
Chapter 6: The Vampire's Childish Choice
Chapter 7: The Vampire's Surprise
Chapter 8: The Vampire's First Play-Date
Chapter 9: The Vampire's Jealous Friend
Chapter 10: The Vampire's Padded Pact
Chapter 11: The Vampire's Little Secret
Chapter 13: The Vampire's Servant
Chapter 14: The Vampire's Happy Halloween
Epilogue
Afterword
Further On

Chapter 12: The Vampire's Acceptance

353 11 1
By takumi41

Once we returned, mother was there to pick me up right away, alongside Miranda. They appeared very worried, most likely hearing what had happened. Following them into our dark vehicle, they told me to wait to state my side of the story when we returned home. Given father was already there, he took his leave of meetings earlier due to what transpired.

I was surprised to hear he left the board early in the evening but feared the worst.

"Viki," started my father in my quarters. I stood on my bed as the trio of vampires had their eyes on me. "I'd like to hear what transpired today."

Taking a deep breath, I began recalling the events. "Today started fun...."

Once I finished recalling the accounts of the atrocity, he began rubbing his chin. "You're certain you noticed a magical aura?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I'm fairly aware you haven't been accustomed to any spell, though."

"We did come across two mages the night prior," Miranda curtsied. "That should prove to her knowledge of their aura."

"I see. I'd say these girls were lucky you've been with them then. These cases would appear connected. I will make sure a message is sent post-haste."

"Miranda did tell you about the night prior?" I asked.

"She did. After taking those details, I sent some investigators to look into it. However, seeing how it has come to this, I need to take action sooner. That is why I will be sending a message to an old friend in the magic circle."

"Old friend?" I questioned. He has a friend in the magic circle? We were vampires; isolation was what we chose. This contradicted that very statement.

"Ahem. Now, if it all proceeds as I expect, your friend shouldn't need to worry about any future invasion. As for its cause, that remains unknown. For now, in the case of your trial, this will be my stand. I'm happy my teaching has assisted you, though I'd rather you not be in harm's way. That is why this shall be your last day traversing in the human world."

"But father! These weren't humans doing bad things. They were colliding with a team from the Madist empire." The "Madist empire" was the mages country for where they reside. "Humans from the time I've been with are not evil like we've often studied."

"I am aware of this."

"You know there are two sides to everyone. There is a good and bad side. Humans may have performed atrocities, but so have vampires! We have to look past what they have done and take in the good they attest to."

"Hmm," father stopped for a second. "You prove a valuable point, Viki. Alright, I'll leave things on a single condition."

"Oh? What would that be?" Mother spoke up in curiosity.

He gave a grin, "We'll leave it to the two girls you call friends. If they still think of you as a friend, we can continue to have this 'trial.'"

"Alright, I know they still think of me like one!" I know they will! They have to, for what we've been through. Just because I'm different doesn't change that fact! Does it...

"Keep in mind, if you have any other questions, now would be the time to ask."

"Ah, yes, I do have a couple. One I'm unsure about."

"What would that be?"

"Why did the magic disperse after I took down the first man? If it was perhaps the two mages from before, why did they run away."

"Hah, that's simple. They just realized what you were and didn't want to deal with you."

"That I was a vampire?"

"Yes. They must have concluded that Miranda's words were not meaningless and that they held merit. I think they were also scared that a vampire was out and about in a world they'd thought we'd never travel to. Haha, it is funny imagining grown, well-studied mages running at the sight of my daughter. You do your father proud!"

"Haha. Now I'm wondering why they didn't know I was one beforehand? I mean, I could tell they were nearby, but if they could tell I was a vampire, perhaps this could have been avoided?"

"That is a possibility. However, unlike several of us in Alter, mages have to use a scanning spell to identify a race."

"I see. Why didn't they scan me?"

"That's simple; they never expected anything but humans there. Given that assumption, they failed to scan beings that they already guessed who they were."

"Alright, that makes sense. Now I'm wondering why hadn't the humans questioned me? I mean, I did leave the two men for that officer to take into custody."

"Judging from your story, they realized this turned into a what they would call 'a supernatural case.' They're more than likely turning over the case to the proper authority as we speak. But worry not about having to give your case. Once I give my letter, neither you nor your friends will have to talk about this event again."

"Wow. Who's this old friend?"

"Well, now, I'd say this has been an eventful night. Do you perhaps need a change?"

"Daddy!" I stood up with my arms at my side. "Hmph!" I pouted. "Who is this person?"

"Haha, I think we'll save that for another time."

"Hmph!" I pouted once more.

I could feel Miranda's hands ruffling along my light-blue skirt. "She doesn't require a change right now."

I turned over to Miranda, "Miranda!"

"Haha," mother began to laugh.

Trying to sleep this night was rough. Thoughts and worries for this next day kept flooding my head. I have nothing to fear; my friends will accept me. Right? We have spent a couple weeks together now and helped Sharon. We've also all have gone to wear diapers, pee, and poop... Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean they will automatically reject me...right? Running on an endless loop of debating in my head, exhaustion takes over me, and I find slumber.

Waking up in the morning, my mind remained blank before I felt something odd. This odd feeling wrapped around my legs like they were glued. I hadn't experienced a bizarre feeling ever since switching to diapers at night—a wet stain.

I began blushing with worry as I felt around my waist to confirm I was wearing a diaper. Feeling the soft and soaked squishy padding, I could verify its existence. However, this leads to a different result—the diaper leaked.

"Oh great," I sighed. "First, I had a rash yesterday, now this." Was this a sign of how the day was going to go? If it was like yesterday, then the rash I woke up to was a bad sign. But this was a leaked diaper. Could it mean the same?

I guess I drank a little more than I usually did last night. Sighing to myself once more, I pulled my blanket off once again—repeating an old process I'd thought to have forgotten.

With the blanket wrapping me, I went in search of Miranda.

"Viki?" Miranda tilted her head in confusion. She caught me in the middle of the hall. "What happened? Did you take it off?"

"It" most likely meant diaper. I shook my head as that wasn't the case.

"I see," she gave a concerned look. "Well, let me help you prepare for the day."

"Thanks," I nodded. Without hesitation, Miranda picked me off the floor.

Today didn't feel any different, but the results of the day before held me in silence. I didn't feel any need to converse with Miranda, mother, or even father. In fact, my father told me to take a break from our vampire practice.

Studying felt empty as well. I wasn't sure if I was even learning the subjects I read. It was almost like I stared at a blank wall for several hours. Unsure if and how to paint it.

Despite the empty progress in my day, time continued to proceed. My worries and anxiety skyrocketed with it being two.

"Knock, knock," Sounded the door. The door opened with my mother giving a plain expression. "It is time now."

Yes, time for my friends to tell me they hate me! No! They won't hate me...Gah! Trapped in my head, I followed behind my mother. She swiftly checked under my skirt to ensure I didn't need a change before taking my hand to depart for the moment of truth—daycare.

I wasn't sure why I sat at the table again. Perhaps I had grown accustomed to sitting at this table. But I knew I wouldn't be sitting here for much longer—so why should I have sat here in the first place?

With my book open, I stared at the same page for the entirety since I arrived. Unable to focus on any task, I even ignored Teresa's hands rummaging at my waist, determining I was dry. Everything felt like a blur.

The noise level increased, and so did my heart. "Badum, badum." My heart began pounding louder and louder.

I sat here for five minutes while the noise simmered into the rest of the environment, only to be left alone. There wasn't a need for me to check the room, as the sound told me all. A tear fell down my cheeks as I started to sob silently. They aren't here...No matter how hard I listened in, there was no distinguished audio distributed. No cheerful voice of Abbey or quiet throwbacks from Sharon. Just an empty space—at least to me.

So that's how it is then...Despite being far afraid to confront my friends after the day before, I felt utterly disappointed. All of my hope shattered. I don't want to give up on humans...but...I don't want to lose my friends...Ignoring my surroundings, even to my own body, warmth spread at my waist, and tears drenched my cheeks.

Ten minutes had gone by as I continued to sit alone. Teresa had given me a change that I wasn't even aware that I needed. However, that whole process even felt blank. She gave me a smile but a sign of worry at the same time.

With a clean diaper, I began ignoring even my book. I stared at the two seats in front of me despite them being empty.

With another tear down my cheek, a new sound entered the daycare. However, this wasn't a unique sound to me.

"Sorry, we're late!" Sounded Abbey.

"It's fine," Teresa responded. "I'm glad you could make it."

"We'd been here on time if it wasn't for someone," Sharon remarked.

"I'm sorry!" Abbey chimed. "Mommy told me to make extra sure we weren't being followed."

"Yes, and we missed the bus because of it."

"You did?" Teresa questioned. "How did you make it then?"

"Our teacher took us."

"Well, that's nice of her. Now let me check how you two are."

After hearing Teresa's obvious diaper check, I held the book up to my face. Covering all that was outside of my sight. The nervousness took over me once again. But I couldn't help smiling.

The sounds grew nearby as the two empty seats filled themselves with a human presence. Most likely, Abbey and Sharon took those spots.

"Sorry, we late!" Abbey stated.

"We wouldn't be if it wasn't for you," Sharon remarked.

"Ehehe."

Despite being happy they were here, I wasn't able to face them.

"Something wrong?" Abbey questioned. "Everything's okay!"

"Mhm," Sharon murmured.

"I," I attempted to voice myself through my book. Setting my book down, my tearful face looked over to Abbey and Sharon.

Both of their expressions gasped.

"What's wrong?!" Abbey waved her arms.

"Its...yesterday...I'm a vampire...and we can't be friends, anymore right?"

Abbey rushed around the table and leaped her arms around me. "No! We are friends! Best friends!"

"!!!" Tears began falling down my cheeks once again. Sharon joined in and hugged me from the other side. "But I'm a vampire...."

"So? I don't mind that, Viki!"

"I don't either," Sharon nodded.

"But you were silent after that encounter...."

"Yeah, it was a little scary."

"I think Abbey and I were a little startled after that. I'm sorry for not saying anything. I'm really thankful for you being with us."

"Yeah!" Abbey began shadowboxing. "The way you took them down was awesome!"

I couldn't believe that my two friends had already accepted me despite not being human. "Aahhh!" I cried out. "I wasn't sure if you'd accept me or not! I'm so relieved you both have!"

The two girls started to cry as well and embraced me once more.

Regaining our seats, we smiled at each other once again. "I'm surprised you two are okay with me being a vampire, though," I stated.

"I think it's really cool!" Abbey commented. "Plus, mom always tells me something daddy would always say. 'To accept every being no matter what they are. We are all equal beings strifing for a goal.'"

"It's striving," Sharon remarked, adjusting her glasses. "But she'd tell me and our family the same. So we've grown up without judging others for being different."

"Wow!" I smiled. "That's something I try to do as well." I wonder what kind of man Abbey's father was? "What kind of job did your dad have anyways?"

"I don't know," Abbey shrugged. "Mother says he traveled a lot."

I nodded back, "I appreciate his statement. What would you call the other world then? You know, the magical side of Earth."

Both smiled as they gave their response in unison, "Alter."

My body shook for a second, hearing their response. Abbey and Sharon stated just how I'd appreciated it to be called. Nothing of the horrible names Teresa mentioned. "Thank you...Thank you for being such good friends...." We continued to smile at each other for a moment longer.

"I am okay with you being a vampire," Sharon started. "But please don't get hungry and use me as a snack."

"Ah, vampires don't suck blood. That's just folklore humans have come up with."

"Why did you bite that man then?" Abbey questioned.

"About that, we do have abilities that others don't have. To put that man to sleep, I had to inject my energy into him."

"Oh," Both of them looked amazed and clueless at the same time.

"If you're a vampire," Abbey smiled. "Does that mean Miranda's also one? You're mother too?"

I nodded, "They both are vampires."

Both girl's faces lit up with amazement.

An eternal question surfaced in my mind, "Do you think other humans would be fine with me being a vampire?"

Sharon began her answer, "I don't think there are that many who were taught things like us. But I don't think many humans would reject you. Though there are plenty, who might. I do hear some kids talking about playing monsters and such."

"I see."

"But you're super nice!" Abbey commented. "I bet if you talked to them, you could get to them!"

"Thanks!" So it will be some work to really unite vampires with humankind. Well, not like I will give up that easily! I began to blush, "I kind of want to pway with arts again."

"Okay!" Both girls smiled, giving their response.

They were officially now friends in this human-vampire relationship. I couldn't have been any happier either. As a vampire princess, I've had few friends in the past aside from Miranda and a blur that remains at the back of my mind. But these two girls were far different and gave me hope.

After our naptime and changes, Teresa began smiling as she rang her bell once more. "Okay, now that we are all rested, let us form you all into two groups for tug-of-war! We'll hand out treats afterward!"

"Yay!" cheered all the kids.

"Tug-of-war?" I questioned.

"It's a simple game in which two sides pull on a rope," Sharon began her answer. "The winner is whoever's side isn't pulled all the way in."

"I see. That seems simple enough."

Teresa finished arranging everyone to two different sides of the room. Half of the room was over by the entrance, and the other half was near our table. Thankfully, Teresa didn't split the three of us up.

Abbey's smile showed she was also quite content with this. "Tut tut, with Viki we're unstoppable!"

"Haha, I do see what you mean," Sharon chuckled.

"What?" I pouted. "I shouldn't be using all my strength here."

"Aw," Abbey whined.

"Give us a quarter, I guess?" Sharon remarked.

"Alright, if I have to."

"Yay!"

Teresa brought us a rope and marked the centerline with a glittery string substance. Abbey and Sharon held the rope in front of me as I stood in the back.

"We'll win this and eat as much candy as we can!" Abbey cheered.

"Yeah!" the other kids chimed in. With a similar resolve on the other side, we waited for Teresa's command.

"Begin in, 3. 2. 1. Pull!"

With the command given, our side began to pull. I held onto the rope but barely applied my muscle to pull back. However, the rope's tension from the other side rivaled our side. Each side took turns pulling. This game kept going back and forth. Until the front runners for each side, both were drawn into the center.

One by one, each kid on both sides crossed the center. Abbey and Sharon, despite being determined to remain, were also pulled in. They were brought in by one of the older boys on the other side. However, thanks to their efforts, that boy was also brought in. Now the only two who remained were a blonde-haired girl and me. The blonde girl looked exactly like the one we sat with the day before. Now that I had a better look at her, she appeared around Abbey and Sharon's age. Despite her shy demeanor the previous day, she seemed very determined.

"Go! Go! Go!" Everyone cheered in the back.

Now that I was the final being remaining to hold on to the rope, I had to grip onto it. Before, I didn't give much weight, but now that I couldn't hide the rope slipping through my hands, I held onto it.

The blonde girl pulled and pulled with all she could. However, I failed to budge a single millimeter. Try all she could. There was nothing she could do but reel herself in closer to the line. Seeing how futile she was to continue the impossible, I gently released the line, causing her to fall backward. Pulling forward, she was dragged into the center.

"Aww," the other side began crying out in defeat. While our side was full of cheers.

Looking at the young girl once again, I noticed the skirt of her colorful dress had flipped slightly over—revealing a damp diaper. With tears in her eyes, she swiftly pulled her skirt over her legs.

I began walking to my diapered ally, "Hey." I extended my hand out to her. "Are you okay?" She gave a slight smile before taking my hand. After helping the girl to her feet, I began brushing the side of her skirt with my finger. I whispered over into her ear, "Your diaper is wet, isn't it?" She immediately turned red and attempted to hide her face in her hands. "It's okay, I wear them too! See." I poked the side of my light pink skirt, raising it slightly to the side so she'd be the only one seeing the diaper underneath.

Her eyes went wide as she brushed my hand off my own skirt. "Um. Thanks." Looking back and forth, she eyed me once more. "I should get a change. Hehe."

Seeing her smile caused me to giggle as well, "Hehe yeah. What's your name?"

She gave a smile, "Lana."

"Well, Lana, I'm Viki," I announced with a slight curtsy. Seeing how I gave a curtsy, Lana attempted to mirror me. "Haha," I remembered how Abbey helped me when I first joined. It appeared Lana may have been new if she were alone the day prior. "I'd like to be friends if you'd like? You were alone yesterday, right?"

Lana nodded back, "Yeah." She began blushing, "I'd. Like that. I was trying really hard."

Oh, so that's why she was determined that game? Maybe seeing us, three helped her desire to have friends of her own? And if the other kids saw how well she performed or won it, they'd want to be her friend. I smiled towards her once more, taking her hand. "You certainly did your best." She's like me in a way. Too shy to make her own friends. I'm happy Abbey reached out to me that day. Now it is my turn! "I'm sure my friends will like you!" I pulled her over to the usual table. Now that the other kids have gone back to their seats with a bin of candy in the center.

"Thanks for letting me be your friend," Lana smiled.

The other two girls appeared to not mind having a fourth at our table with the introductions completed. Especially sharing the bin of treats in the center that we all picked at evenly. The seven-year-old girl found herself smiling as she took it from the container.

"Yup!" Abbey cheerfully replied. "I'm glad to be your friend, too, Lana!"

"Same," Sharon remarked.

"You did great, though, Viki!" Abbey stated. "I guess winning should be easy for a vampire, huh? ...Guh!" Abbey gasped at her own comment. We all stared at her in silence. "I shouldn't be saying that, huh? Haha...I'm so sorry!"

"Is that true?!" Lana gasped as her face exploded into mine.

"I-I...Um." I attempted to avoid eye contact. However, her determined stare was brutal for me to ignore. Thus, I gave a slight fanged smirk to prove it.

She sat down with her mouth open. "Oh. My. Gosh!" Her smile beamed out despite coming from such a shy girl. "You are!"

"Yes, but I'd like it to be a secret, okay."

"Roger that. But to think I'd meet one!"

"Are you okay with me being, you know?"

"Of course I am. I'm so happy to have you as my friend!"

"Oh..." I felt relieved, though surprised that this young girl appeared overjoyed to have discovered my secret. "Well, I don't bite people to suck blood. That's just folklore."

"I see," Lana nodded, amazed. "But. Ever since I started daycare this week. I've been worried. Nobody seemed to like me...So I'm really happy to have friends now. Even though I also um...." She turned red. "Went back to diapers too...."

"Aww," Abbey smiled. "I wear them too!"

"You do?"

"I do as well," Sharon answered.

Lana appeared speechless to know that the three of us also wore diapers.

"Are you okay with wearing them?" I asked.

"I was mad at first. Then. I kind of. Liked em. So I don't mind anymore."

"They better than the toilet, though, huh?" Abbey smirked.

Lana smiled with a nod, "I agree with that as well."

"You needed a change, right?" I questioned.

"Haha, yeah." Lana looked down with a blush before eyeing me once more. "So Viki, does that mean your family is um...." Her question was rather obvious.

"Yup!" Abbey responded for me. "Viki's family are. Though I've only met her mother and sister. But they all have to be like Viki and also be vampires."

"Shh," Lana hissed. "We promised, right?"

"Haha, sorry."

"It's fine. I can tell from the noise level no one's paying us any attention."

"Noise level?" Lana questioned.

"It is noisy in here," Sharon remarked. "Though are you able to hear things we can't?"

"Yeah, we have excellent hearing and a sense of smell. I can tell if you did your business first."

"Oh wow!" The trio looked amazed.

"Am I stinky, Viki?" Abbey smirked.

"No, but the smell in this room is hard to tell if anyone has wet or not."

"How are you able to talk with us or deal with the smell?" Sharon asked.

"Hmm, I've learned how to manage myself in different environments. I guess that's about the best I can answer." I really shouldn't tell them the terrible experiences I had growing up.

"I'd like to learn!" Abbey cheered.

"Haha, it isn't possible for you to have a capable sense as I."

"Hmph, still!"

"Viki," Lana started. "You have a sister too? What's she like?"

"Uh, yeah," I replied. Given the other girls understood Miranda as my sister, I'd have to continue giving that story. "Well, she's ten years older than me."

"She's also really pretty!" Abbey commented.

"Wow," Lana appeared amazed.

"Though she's more like an adopted sister."

"Adopted?"

"Yeah, she really isn't my sister. But she is like one."

"How was she brought to your family then?"

"I'm curious about this as well," Sharon adjusted her glasses.

"Hmm," I put a finger to my chin. You know, I don't actually know much about Miranda joining the maids. I think I'll have to ask about this myself. "I'm unaware of that myself. I'll ask about it." Though I might have to reveal that she's our maid at some point...Wait, that'd mean telling them I'm also a princess!

"Okay." Each of them nodded as we returned back to the flavorful bin of sweets at the center of the table.

With the results being exactly how I wished them to be and more, I happily relayed the details to my father, mother, and Miranda. Thus, our meeting took place in the same meeting room as before—my quarters.

"I'm impressed," Father smirked.

"I am as well," Mother stated.

"I'm just delighted!" I announced.

"And her diapers dry," Miranda revealed.

"Miranda!" I felt myself turning red. I do kind of need to go, though...

"Haha, you just got back and told that story. I thought you might've needed one."

"This room is kept rather clean," Mother started. "If our daughter had done so, you should have been able to smell it beforehand."

"You are correct, milady," Miranda bowed. "I apologize for overstepping myself."

"Nonsense, I think you've fit the role rather well myself."

"Ahem," father grabbed our attention. "As for the status of your trial." He stood there in silence for a few seconds. "I'd say you've done enough."

"What?! What does that mean? Am I not allowed to the human world anymore?"

"Calm down. I don't mean to separate you from what you've come to enjoy. In fact, I encourage you myself to go there. You may not have seen it yourself, but you've really changed Viki. My only daughter and princess, I feel ever so blessed to have you. Your results in all the subjects you've submitted are outstanding. And an interest with subjects with the other worlds, this has been taken rather positively with the board members."

"It has? But I thought."

"That they want us to remain isolated? Yeah, most of them do, unfortunately. Sigh."

"Wait, why does that pain you?"

"Huhu," Mother chuckled. "You may not believe it, but your father's been vouching for breaking isolation ages ago."

"What?!" My entire body was shaking from the shock. "Hss," I turned red as I began wetting myself. The three of them smiled at me as I released my business right there. Feeling relief as I have emptied myself, I looked to the side. "I apologize for that."

"Now she requires a change," Miranda commented.

"You can change her after this," father continued. "But it is true, though that was ages ago when I really fought for it. I stopped because I couldn't find any real proof that the cabinete kept asking for. However, Viki, you've brought us promising results. From your studies, and now solid evidence. I am sure with this, the cabinet will be willing to change even just by a little."

"Really?"

"Yes. I will make sure of it."

Despite how happy my father appeared, it confused me how he seemed to have fought me in the past. "I'm happy for that, but I'm sort of confused too. Why didn't you just let me go to see humans in the first place?"

He crossed his arms, "About that. There are two reasons. One, you are my precious daughter, and I didn't want you at risk. And two, I didn't want my foolish dreams to blind you. However, the more you brought up visiting other beings, rejoice in knowing it made your father happy. You've really come to be the most surprising vampire our land has ever been graced with."

"Oh, I see. Hehe, well, I'm glad to assist."

"Viki, your trial is a complete success. If you wish to visit with other beings, please ask us first. Your mother and I will do the best we can to help your wish come true. Not just to make you happy, but for the future of our kind." Father smiled and knelt down in front of me. Mother and Miranda followed along.

"Uwawa, I'm not the queen yet!"

"Regardless, I am proud to have you as our princess. As for this month, since we remain busy in preparations for Halloween, will you continue going to this daycare?"

Smiling at this response, I nodded. "I thought you'd never ask."

"Excellent. Now then, I believe we have no other issues at hand. Now I'm sure Miranda will be willing to assist you to that wet diaper of yours." With that stated, he walked out of the room.

Miranda smirked at me, "Yes, it'd be my pleasure to assist the princess."

"Miranda," mother called out. "I believe you have other business to attend to right now. Can you allow a mother to tend to her daughter?"

Miranda gave a curtsy, "Very well, milady. Make sure to use what we talked about prior." Smirking once more, she also walked out of the room, making sure the door was secured.

"Now, just lay back for mommy, okay?"

"Hehe, thanks, mom!" I smiled back, following her orders.

During this change, Miranda must have told my mother to use this powder substance. "Puff, puff," mother applied a lot to my skin. "Wouldn't want my baby to get a rash again!" mother smiled. With the tapes snapping in place, my change was accomplished. "And my babies all nice and clean. I suppose with you continuing with daycare, you'll be needing more changes. I think we'll have to arrange for something for you soon."

"Hehe, yeah." The mentions of daycare allowed me to remember the curious origins of Miranda. "Mommy. I have a question to ask. Where and how exactly did Miranda join us? Most maids are hand-selected to join our services, but Miranda has a different presence about her than the other maids."

"Ah, I suppose you'd be curious." She sat down on my bed and patted me next to her. "You'll want to sit for this one."

This is going to be a long story, then? Following her directions, I stood up on my bed and crawled over next to her. Once I sat on my puffy rear, I listened in.

"Miranda joined our household around seventeen years ago."

I gasped at the number. But that would be!

"I take you've figured out that coincides with our small civil skirmish. Yes, it very much deals with that."

I-I never knew. "Is Miranda a victim?"

Mother gave a wry expression, "I regret having to inform much about this battle. Though it did skirmish in a town for reasons I can't even share with you for now. This lasted for several months as we attempted to break this line. However, we kept failing to capture the town. Unable to keep the rest of our society quiet, your father, the king, gave an order he knew he'd regret. To completely wipe it clean...." A solemn look came to her face. "That is a secret we uphold, as we regret having to do such a thing. Even to this day, we wish we could have done more. But, we know that we massacred the small town that it was. There were no survivors... But one."

I looked down to the floor. My people, my family, did such a horrible thing...

"Miranda's parents died to protect her. They succeeded in doing so. When we checked on the town, we found her a small young girl just barely keeping alive. When we found she was one of the sole survivors of that town, we decided to take her in. Your father took the orphaned girl to raise as any other vampire girl."

"I-I," I began shaking. "How..." Tears started rolling down my cheeks. Why...How...Oh, Miranda...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 88 6
Corey just graduated college and has no plans for his future. He's challenged by a friend to be more spontaneous, so he goes on to a dating app. Find...
83.8K 288 14
Follow along as Justin's mother dates a witch of guy, causing Justin's bedwetting to worsen. Read to find out what happens. Comments are appreciated
729 21 2
This short fantasy is a diaper fanfic based on the series "Is the Order a Rabbit." Chino Kafuu, finds herself in a situation she never thought possib...
64.6K 3.2K 36
It's been three hundred years since the emergence of a vampire virus. A virus which only affected unborn male babies. The world has come to accept th...