The Just and the Wise

By noonereally117

ReaderXEdmund Hello friends! This is a sequel to my first Narnia FanFic "An Unexpected Romance." This story... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Thank You

Chapter 6

3.4K 72 59
By noonereally117

Edmund's POV

"Land, ho!"

I look up at the lookout and follow his gaze to the far-off island in the distance.

"Would you look at that," I mumble under my breath at the sight.

I feel Y/n shift her weight next to me and lean over the edge of the ship to get a better view.

"It's quite beautiful," she says with a crooked smile, "it's a shame there's so much of this place that I haven't seen, and I'm queen over it."

Y/n turns around and looks up at me with her big y/e/c eyes, and she puts her hands on my shoulders. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her close to me, her small frame leaning into my chest.

"You'll see much more of Narnia this time, love," I say to her, looking out over the water, "Especially since we've got so many places to travel to find the lords."

Y/n sighs and leans her head onto my chest, and I rest my chin on her head. Nothing feels better than having her in my arms. I've spent almost every second of the last three years with her, and still, she can make my heart beat fast with a single touch.

"I hope you're right," she says quietly, "I do love it here."

I lift my chin off her head and lean back. I brush Y/n's hair out of her face and look at her, my arms still hooked around her waist. The sun hangs low in the sky, casting yellow and golden rays over the ocean. Y/n looks up at me with an adorable grin, her chin resting on my chest. I feel this overwhelming feeling build up in my chest, my heart starts beating insanely fast, and without thinking the words just come out of my mouth.

"I want to marry you."

Her eyes grow what seems to be ten sizes bigger as she looks at me.

"You what?" She asks.

"I...want to marry you," I repeat, still surprised at my own words.

"Like...now?" Y/n says slowly, pulling away to get a better look at me.

"Not necessarily," I say, furrowing my brow. "Eventually though, I do want to marry you."

I knew that I wanted to marry her. I've known that since, well, since I first kissed her. I just hadn't told her that yet, and I wanted to wait until the right moment. Apparently, my mouth thinks that moment is now.

"Ok," she whispers. She looks up at me, and a huge smile grows on her face.

"Eventually, I want to marry you too."

I lean down and kiss her, her soft lips press against mine while her dainty but strong hands grab the back of my head. As our kiss deepens, a feeling of longing grows in my stomach. I disconnect our lips and hug her tightly against me, making sure I can feel every part of her pressed against me.

"Later, you're all mine," I whisper in her ear.

I pull away from her to see her giving me a look-the look, making the desire to drag her to our room almost irresistible. Her chin is tilted down and her head tilted slightly to the right. She looks up at me with slightly hooded eyelids, and she runs her tongue subtly over her bottom lip.

Fuck me.

I know she knows exactly what she's doing to me. I narrow my eyes at her and smile as I head off to find Caspian and Drinian, shaking my head trying to regain my composure.

I join them near the bow of the ship, where Caspian looks over the island with a telescope.

"The Lone Islands," Drinian states, "the port of Narrowhaven."

"Strange, not a Narnian flag in sight," Caspian hands Drinian the telescope, who hands it to me.

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's," I say, looking through the telescope at the seemingly dead island. "I say we prepare a landing party. Drinian?"

Drinian glances at Caspian.

"Forgive me, your majesty," he turns to me, "but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship."

"Right," I nod at Caspian.

Always second in command. I should've seen that coming.

"We'll use longboats," Caspian says, "Drinian, pick some men and come ashore."

Caspian and I walk back towards the cabins to prepare to go on land, and Tavros, the bull that had been so kind as to terrify my wretched cousin, commands the crew to prepare to drop anchor.

I go back to my room to get on some more protective gear and my sword. I open the door and see Y/n lying on her side on the bed reading. She looks up at me as I walk in, and an innocent smile appears on her face as she raises her eyebrows at me.

"No-no!" I laugh and point my finger at her. "Don't do that; we don't have time for that right now."

"Come on," she says teasingly, walking towards me, "just a few minutes?"

"Love, Caspian is expecting both of us to be ready to head to shore in a couple of minutes," I say, turning to grab my vest and belt from the small dresser in the wall.

"Fiiiiine," she whines, hugging me from behind.

I love when she does that.

"Do you have something relatively protective you can put on over that?" I ask her, gesturing to the blouse she's wearing. "Or a belt at least?"

"I think so," she says, rummaging through a chest in the corner.

I strap my vest on and snap the buttons closed before putting my belt on under it. Y/n tightens a hard corset around her abdomen and fastens a thin belt over it. I watch as she laces up her boots.

"What?" She asks, catching me staring.

"I'm just enjoying you," I say with a grin.

I walk over to her and push her onto the bed.

"Ah!" She laughs as she falls on her back. She stretched her arms out reaching for me. I lean over top of her and kiss her, and she runs her fingers through my hair on the back of my head.

I move my lips to Y/n's neck. I kiss lightly down her neck, and she sighs contently. She moves her hands to my back and pulls me onto her, and I press our lower bodies together. I kiss her lips again, and she shifts, wrapping her legs around me. The feeling from earlier grows in my stomach again, and I use my tongue to part her lips as we kiss.

"Mmm.." she quietly moans into my mouth, turning me on even more.

"Maybe just a couple of minutes," I mumble against her mouth as I move my hands to my belt.

BANG BANG BANG

I hold myself up on my forearms over Y/n, and Y/n turns her head towards our door as it swings open.

"Caspian, or whatever his name is, sent me to-OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!"

"Get out, Eustace!" I shout, throwing the book Y/n had been reading at the door. 

Eustace jumps as the book clatters next to him.

"Disgusting cousin... can't control ..." his nasally, obnoxious voice carries down the hall as he walks away.

I hear Y/n giggling under me as I continue looking at the doorway in disgust. Her hand turns my face back towards her, and I feel my face change from a nasty glare to a softer expression.

"I think we should meet Caspian and your sister on deck," she says with a small smile.

I hang my head and laugh, still hovering over her.

"I'm going to get him for that," I say, pushing myself off the bed and standing upright, "among other things."

"I look forward to it," Y/n grins, getting up and straightening her hair and shirt, "until then, don't be too hard on him. He did get torn away from home, you know."

"I love and hate that you're a good person," I say to her with a frown, kissing her forehead.

"Yeah, me too," she says with an eyebrow raise and nod of her head.

I laugh and grab her hand.

"Alright, let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.6K 8
When two of the Pevensie children came to stay at their cousins' house, nobody would have guessed that the visit would have them sailing the seas of...
11.2K 546 38
"How do you keep floating when you feel like sinking?" "If your heart feels heavy, you'd sink. Otherwise, you'd float." ***** [SEQUEL TO THE OFFSPRIN...
202K 4.9K 19
Jessica has never really fit into her family. Her brother Eustace, has always been the focus in the family. Her father and mother don't really like h...
117K 3.4K 21
You loved reading books, they transported you to a world in which you wished to belong, filled with adventures and interesting people. But what happe...