I hate love you[ON HOLD]

By Jiya2506

A story of Mira Ahuja and Kabir Rathore. Two people who couldn't stand the presence of one another. A misunde... More

Prologue+Characters
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER-4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
Chapter 14

CHAPTER 7

497 35 6
By Jiya2506

Hey guys, hope you'll are doing fine.Dive in!

Mira's POV

'Mira are you fine?' Papa asked me as we walked away from Kabir. 

'Yes papa, all good' I replied nervously.

'Sachi?' he asked. 

'Muchi' I replied like a little baby and that got him to crack a little smile, but I knew that I was still not off the hook. 

'Betu, explain' he said simply. 

'What papa?' I replied innocently, making my innocent baby face. 

'Mira' he said with a stern voice, but I refused to give in easily if he didn't bring up the subject. 

'What is going on with Kabir?' he said. 

'Nothing papa' I replied. He gave me a look. 

'Papa we work together. We have to be polite to each other' I replied. 

'Falling in someone's arms and crying because of them is not considered being polite. Are you not over him?' he asked seriously. 

'Papa you know I am over him' 

'Beta, he still seems to affect you' 

'Nothing like that papa' 

'Mira, how long are you gonna hold onto him' he asked. 

'I can't help it, you know that too' I said. 

'Beta it's been 10 years' he said. 

'I know I know' 

'So are you're getting together again or something?' he asked. 

 'No papa, not gonna happen' I replied immediately. 

'Yet' he muttered. 

'What did you say?' I gave him a glare. 

'Nothing nothing' he said raising his hands in surrender. I gave him a look before walking away. 

The rest of the day passed by quickly as I enjoyed with my family and friends. Kabir didn't bother me again but I could see his eyes on me all night. It made me very conscious but I didn't say anything about it, just enjoyed the rest of the day. 

---Next day---

'Morning' I wished everyone as I rushed to work. It was my last day at work. I was supposed to close this case before I left for Jodhpur with my friends. Our parents were flying there in the morning and all of us were supposed to reach there the next day. 

'Morning Ahuja' Kabir said. I nodded curtly and walked away. I didn't want to get close to him again, I just couldn't. I had to fulfill my promise to papa. He looked a little surprised at my response but I masked my emotions and walked away. 

The day ended quickly as I worked hard completing most of my open pending cases. One of them was still open but that case could wait till I got back. I walked out of the room and headed home excited for the wedding and my break. 

Just as I entered the house I saw Mihir running around, obviously he hadn't packed. Well I helped him finish his packing and we rushed to the airport. We were the last ones there and got alot of annoyed looks.

'Forgot to pack again Ahuja?' Kabir taunted. I just gave him a look and walked to the check in counter. I knew he would have felt hurt but I was not going to break my resolve to ignore him. I turned back and everyone else was looking at me still in their places with their jaws dropped. I guess no one ever expected me to be rude to him. 

'What? Aren't we getting late now?' I asked annoyed at them. All of them followed still looking doubtfully at me. We checked in and finally got into the flight. And ofcourse, my luck was  horrible, Kabir and I got bumped to business class because of our flying miles. 

I closed my eyes and acted as though I had fallen asleep, but obviously that did me no good. 

'Ahuja, you don't have the crinkle you usually have when you sleep, I've known you too long to believe your world class acting' he taunted after moving closer to my face. I could feel his breath on my ear making me shiver. I moved away and opened my eyes. His eyes looked confused and hurt but I did nothing about it, just moved away and switched on my work. It would be better, atleast he wouldn't ask me anything weird or want to have a conversation. He sat quietly for a while but I could feel his gaze on me continuously making me very conscious. 

'Ahuja, I think there is a fault with the contract you're writing up' he said and I turned to look at him properly for the first time today. 

'What do you mean, how?' I asked genuinely curious. It was just for work right and I hated going wrong with it. Kabir was one of the best in our field, not that I would ever tell him that.  He went on to explain what he thought about the case and how he thought I could make changes for the loophole he found. I honestly listened to him and made the changes. 

'Just like the old times isn't it Ahuja' he said and I couldn't help but crack a smile. He smiled back seeing it. 

'Now are you going to tell me why you are behaving like this?' he asked. I turned my face away not wanting to and not knowing how to answer. He turned my chin by using his hand, god why does he behave like this. He raised an eyebrow like always and I spilled everything in my head. 

'It's nothing. Papa was asking me stuff about you and what was going on. Obviously he no longer likes you, so he was asking me to be cautious and if we were dating and all. I don't want to go back to the grade 11 me and I don't want history to repeat so honestly. I'd rather just stay away from you. I just can't behave like the incident in grade 11 didn't happen' I told him seriously. 

'Mira can we not sort it and go back to how we were?' he asked guiltily

'It's a little late for that don't you think' I asked furious now, after all these years he wants to 'sort it'. 

'Mira please' he begged, seeming desperate. 

'Kabir, if the roles would have reversed would you have forgiven me for something like this' I asked him looking him dead in the eye. He didn't have an answer. 

'I thought so' I said before turning back and finishing my work. 

'Mira, you are not me, you are so much more compassionate and forgiving. Please, just please give me a chance to correct my mistakes' he asked again. 

'Kabir please don't do this. I am really tired and I am going to sleep for a while. Since you know me so well, you know well enough the problems people who wake me face. LET ME SLEEP IN PEACE. PLEASE' I said emphasizing the last sentence like he was a little baby. He just nodded desolately. 

I immediately shut my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up only later to someone stroking my head just like dad does. I realized that papa was not on the flight, and only one other person knew about this. KABIR. I realized that I was sleeping on his shoulder. SHITTTTT. 

I immediately got up and moved away. 

'I am so sorry' I said looking away embarrassed.

'Don't worry about it, not the first time you fell asleep on me' he replied winking. I couldn't help the tinge on my cheeks. I didn't reply though. That's when I realized. 

'Why the hell did you wake me up?' I asked. 

'Did you want me to carry you to the hotel? I mean I wouldn't mind, but uncle will definitely have a cow' he said smirking. That's when I looked around to see people getting ready to get off the flight. 

'Oh shut up' I said after I got my bearings. We got off and were out of the airport in less then half an hour. If only all airports were this tiny. 

We got into separate cars and headed to the hotel. My last thought as we left the airport was 'EVENTFUL WEDDING COMING RIGHT UP' 

Hey guys bear with me, my A levels is driving me crazy. Midterms and AT's and Priliams. Plus CLAT prep. I finally got some time to write this down. Obviously its not my best work and not at all edited, but I hope you like it. 

If you do like it, vote, comment and share, it really makes my day. Oh and belated Valentine's day people. How are you'll? Anything special you did yesterday? 

Thanks for bearing with me

Love you guys!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 405 27
This story contain mature content 18+ The story of suraj rajwanshi and nandni rathore.How they are supposed to marry each other and their life.. I wi...
12.6K 1.6K 16
story about three couples and their parents... peep inside the story to know more Cover credit - alabhya
1.1M 30.1K 41
A story of an Indian girl, a pure and innocent soul, one who finds her happiness in other people's smiles. One who is selfless but fierce. One who lo...
1.5M 42.9K 82
A contractual marriage between two entirely different people could lead to an epic love story or to a chaos of emotions and misunderstandings Mira M...