Thor: Ragnarok(Book 8)

By ScarletWitch19

Two years have passed since eighteen-year-old Kaitlyn Summers has last seen Thor. After testing out her new p... More

Cast
Chapter 1- Return to Asgard
Chapter 3- Hela
Chapter 4- Sakaar
Chapter 5- The Grandmaster
Chapter 6- Arena Fight
Chapter 7- The Hulk
Chapter 8- What Heroes Do
Chapter 9- Revengers
Chapter 10- Sakaar Chase
Chapter 11- Brother vs. Sister
Chapter 12- Asgard is a People
Chapter 13- Where To?

Chapter 2- Doctor Strange

230 6 10
By ScarletWitch19

"You put the king of Asgard in a nursing home?" I asked as Thor, Loki and I stood outside of an old folks home that was currently being demolished. I was standing in the middle between Thor and Loki.

"I swear, I left him right here." Loki says, ignoring my question. We were in New York. I was looking around the street nervously and was ducking my head a little hoping that no one would see me. It's been almost a year since the Accords took place and most of the Avengers, including me are fugitives. Thor and Loki give me strange looks but asked no questions.

The two brothers were no longer in their Asgardian armor. Loki was dressed in an all black suit while Thor had a ripped denim jacket, a black hoodie underneath, an olive colored shirt and jeans. His hammer was disguised as an umbrella. I was wearing a black leather jacket, a dark green shirt, black ripped jeans and black boots. I was wearing my arrowhead necklace and on my right hand I noticed a dainty silver snake ring that had emerald eyes resting on my index finger.

"Right here on the sidewalk, or right there where the building is being demolished? Great planning." Thor says.

"How was I supposed to know? Can't see into the future. I'm not a witch." Loki says.

"No? Then why are you dressed like one?" Thor asks, making me smile.

"Hey." Loki says, looking offended by what his brother said to him.

"I can't believe you're alive. I saw you die." Thor says, then he points to me and him. "We saw you die. I mourned for you, I cried for you."

"I'm honored." Loki says.

"Ask him." We hear a girl say. Two girls walk up to Thor with their phones. I quickly turned around and stood behind Loki covering the side of my face with my hand.

"Hi. Would you mind taking a picture with us?" The girl asks Thor.

"Oh, sure." Thor says. The two girls giggled and take their picture with Thor while Loki rolled his eyes. He turns to me.

"What are you doing? Why do you look all nervous?" He asks me.

"What makes you think I'm nervous?" I ask.

"Well, you're hiding behind me and avoiding anyone who walks past you." Loki says. "You act as if something is about to happen to you."

"It's kind of a long story, I really don't want to talk about it and I don't have to answer to you." I say.

"All right. I was just asking." Loki says.

"Well, don't." I say.

"Fine." Loki says.

"Fine." I say back.

"Start figuring out where he is." Thor says to Loki.

"Sorry to hear that Jane dumped you." One of the girls says as they walk away.

"What?! Jane dumped you? I thought you guys really liked each other." I ask, shocked.

"She didn't dump me. I dumped her. It was a mutual dumping." Thor says. Loki pats Thor on the back. We hear a noise coming from the ground and looked down to see a glowing circle forming underneath Loki.

"What's this? What are you doing?" Thor asks.

"This isn't me." Loki says. Then suddenly, Loki disappears into the sidewalk and a card was left in his place. Thor and I look down at the card and Thor pokes it with his umbrella.

"Loki." Thor whispers, thinking that Loki turned into the card. I rolled my eyes and picked up the card. It had an address written on it.

177A Bleecker Street

We arrived at the address and walked up to the front door. Thor knocks on the door and without it opening, we were suddenly inside.

"Thor Odinson and Kaitlyn Summers." We hear a voice say. We turn around to see a man dressed as a wizard levitating in the air. Thor holds out the umbrella and my hands begin to glow blue as the man floats towards us.

"God of Thunder. Miss Summers. You can put down the umbrella, and you can power down." The man says to us. I lower my hands while Thor puts his umbrella down and we were suddenly transported to another room. We turn around to see the man standing behind us. Thor walks up to a table and picks up something.

"So, Earth has, uh, wizards now? What are you Gandalf?" I asked the man. I turned around to hear a crashing sound and looked to see Thor was trying to put back the object he picked up, making the structure fall apart. I sigh and shake my head.

"The preferred term is 'Master of the Mystic Arts.' You can leave that now." The man says to Thor.

"All right, wizard. Who are you? Why should we care?" Thor asks.

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange, and I have some questions for you. Take a seat." Doctor Strange says to us. Before we could find some seats, we were already sitting on cushioned chairs. Thor and I look around in surprise.

"Tea?" Doctor Strange asks. Thor and I look down to see a warm cup of tea in our hands.

"Uh, I don't really like tea. I prefer water." I say. Before I could even blink, a glass of water was in my hands. I looked down at it in shock.

"Wow. Thanks." I say.

"I don't drink tea." Thor says.

"What do you drink?" Doctor Strange asks.

"Not tea." Thor says.

Then the teacup that was in Thor's hand changes into a pint of beer. "So, I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Miss Summers, unfortunately you're on that list." I looked down sadly understanding why. It's probably because of what happened in New York and my powers. Over the years, I've tried so hard to keep my powers under control and if I make one mistake, bad things could happen. Doctor Strange looks at Thor. "And so is your adopted brother, Loki."

As he spoke, Thor takes a long drink and when the glass was half empty, it refills itself. I noticed that my glass was doing the same thing. I looked back and forth, with wide eyes, at our drinks.

"Cool." I say.

"He's a worthy inclusion." Thor says.

"Then why bring him here?" Doctor Strange asks.

"We're looking for my father." Thor says.

Doctor Strange looks at me. "I just happened to run into him after I created a portal." I say.

"So, if I were to tell you where Odin was all parties concerned would promptly return to Asgard?" Doctor Strange asks.

"Promptly." Thor says.

"Great! Then I'll help you." Doctor Strange says.

"If you knew where he was, why didn't you call me?" Thor asks.

"I have to tell you, he was adamant that he not be disturbed. Your father said he had chosen to remain in exile." Doctor Strange says.

"Plus, they don't have phones in Asgard." I pointed out.

"No, I don't have a phone but you could have sent an electronic letter." Thor says. "It's called an email."

"Do you have a computer?" I ask.

"No. What for?" Thor asks. I shake my head and roll my eyes. "Anyway, my father is no longer in exile. So if you could tell me where he is, I can take him home."

"Gladly. He's in Norway." Doctor Strange says. We were suddenly transported into another room standing next to a bookcase. A book was in Doctor Strange's hands and he flips through it. "I'm just seeing whether this incantation requires any Asgardian modifications." He says. I started to feel a little dizzy after being constantly transported from one room to another and held onto the bookcase to steady myself. Thor looks at me with concern and I give him a small nod letting him know that I'll be fine.

"Nope." Doctor Strange says. He closes the book and we were once again transported into a different room. Since I was holding onto the bookcase, it magically brought it along as well.

"Oh, we don't need that." Doctor Strange says. A shelf of the bookcase falls off, causing me to lose my balance a little and spill my drink. I start to feel an unsettling feeling in my stomach and rest my hand on a nearby table while putting my cup down.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." I say. Thor also puts his cup down on the table.

"Will you stop doing that?" He asks.

"I need just one strand of your hair." Doctor Strange says, turning to Thor.

"Let me explain something. My hair is not to be meddled with." Thor says. He winces when Doctor Strange walks behind him and plucks a strand of hair which made me laugh. He extends it out, infuses it with magic, does a few hand movements that creates a bright light and Thor and I were suddenly tumbling down some stairs.

"I think I'm done with magic for today." I mutter to myself as Thor and I get up from the ground.

"We could have just walked." Thor says just as Doctor Strange opens up a portal that leads to a peaceful meadow.

"He's waiting for you." Doctor Strange says.

"All right." Thor says, nodding his head.

"Don't forget your umbrella." Doctor Strange says.

"Oh, yes." Thor says. He extends out his hands and for a moment, we hear crashing noises and things breaking in the distance. "Sorry." Thor says. The umbrella then flies into his hand. "I suppose I'll need my brother back."

"Oh, yeah. Right." Doctor Strange says. He points his hands up to the ceiling and opens up a portal that Loki drops through.

"I have been falling...for 30 minutes!" Loki yells, making me chuckle a little.

"You can handle him from here." Doctor Strange says.

"Yes. Of course." Thor says as he and Doctor Strange shake hands. "Thank you very much for your help."

"Good luck." Doctor Strange says, shaking my hand.

"Handle me? Who are you?" Loki asks, taking out his two blades.

"Loki." Thor says.

"You think you're some kind of sorcerer? Don't think for one minute, you second-rate..."

"Alright, bye-bye." Doctor Strange says, moving the portal towards us and we were transported into a beautiful, empty grassy landscape. I laugh when Loki falls face first into the grass and the portal disappears. We all look ahead to see a lone figure standing at the cliff's edge overlooking the ocean. He was dressed in simple human clothes.

It was their father. Odin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Kaitlyn finally meets Doctor Strange! Yay! This part was especially funny because it has one of my favorite Loki lines! In the next chapter, Kaitlyn will come face to face with Thor's sister, Hela. How do you think it's going to go down?

In case anyone was wondering, here is what I had in mind when describing Kaitlyn's outfit in the beginning of the chapter.

It was said that when the movie came out, Loki probably conjured Thor's clothes when they came to New York so I figured he would conjure up something for Kaitlyn.

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420 37 25
In a world where superheroes and villains collide, Elizabeth Stark, the daughter of the renowned Tony Stark, finds herself thrust into an unexpected...
27.8K 898 25
*Completed* Loki several chapter fanfiction. Rated: Mature (Ragnorok Spoilers) Blake was an ordinary 22 year girl living in New York with her older b...
28.9K 787 44
Amelia Artemis: Agent of SHIELD, Avenger, Friend, superhero. one vacation to London, it was all it took for her to rethink almost everything, given...
15K 378 25
COMPLETED Aspen grew up with Thor and Loki after she was taken from her home as a child. Her and Loki's undying attachment became much of a problem f...