Mine

By kend4ll

WARNING: THIS STORY IS, FOR THE MOST PART, UNEDITED (ESPECIALLY IN THE BEGINNING). I BEGAN WRITING THIS STORY... More

Mine
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20/Epilogue

Chapter 14

19.2K 490 34
By kend4ll

I'm sorry it's so late and short.

I've had the biggest case of writers block ever. It's never been this bad and I apologize for the delay. It's even worse that I've left you with an unfair cliffhanger. :/

***

"What do you mean by time?" I asked, nervously crossing my arms over my chest.

I wasn't about to wait around on the sidelines while he still played the perfect husband role. I refused to be taken advantage of again; even his he was my mate.

"I just need a little time to break the news to my wife and explain to her why we need a divorce." Adrian said, taking a few steps towards me.

"How long would that be?" I pressed, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"As soon as possible," he said with a grin on his face. "Because I just met you and both my wolf and I are already crazy about you."

I stood there, mouth wide open. I'm pretty sure that if I opened my eyes any wider, they'd fall out of my head. 

"R-Really?" I asked, shaking my head as I stuttered like a fool

"Yes, really," he said, chuckling lowly.

It took me a little while to register what was happening. He really accepted me. He's actually breaking things off with Adrianna in order to be with me.

A large grin broke out on my face as I laughed out of pure joy. Running the short distance that separated us, I launched myself off the ground and into his arms.

With a free-spirited laugh, he hiked my legs up to wrap around his waist. Using his hand to burry my face in his chest, he pressed kisses to the crown of my head as I smiled and inhaled his scent of mint and chocolate.

Lifting my head to look into his eyes, I pressed a kiss to his cheek. Or, at least that was in my intentions; Adrian moved his head last minute to where my lips landed on his full lips.

Deepening our lip locking, Adrian moved us to the flowered forest floor. Hovering over me, he rested the majority of his weight on his elbows that were on either side of my head. 

Suddenly, I was flipped over. Straddling him, I fluttered kisses all over his face, avoiding his lips. Eventually, I had lightly pressed my lips to every single place of his face, but his lips. 

Deciding to tease him a bit more, my lips pressed on the corner of Adrian's plump lips. A growl rumbled deep in his chest as he quickly sat up to where I was sitting on his lap.

"Teasing isn't very nice, Lana," he said softly, nuzzling my neck.

Not knowing what to say, I closed my eyes. Swallowing a whimper, I struggled to remain in control of my own body.

"In fact," Adrian started. "I think that you need to be punished."

Feeling myself being lifted, my eyes shot open. I was in Adrian's arms bridal style and being carried towards the lake. 

Letting out a little yelp, I struggled to get out of his arms. Laughing at my attempt to flee, he tightened his grip on me and quickens his walk towards the lake. 

With a splash, I'm engulfed in water. My hair and my clothes are drenched and I am only thinking about one thing: Revenge.  So, I let myself sink. Down to the bottom of the lake I sat, motionless. He'd have to crack soon; he'd either be lusting after me so hard that he'd jump in or he'd be so worried that I was hurt that he would jump in.

Either way, I win.

My eyes trailing around the sandy floor, I waited him out. My hair flew up around me, swaying gently like the seaweed that I was currently sitting beside. As for my clothing, my shorts sat on my thighs like bags of sand and my shirt was practically flying off of my body. 

I was pissed off to say the least. When I get my hands on my doe eyed mate I will shove my boot so far up his ass that he will be able to taste leather. 

When I was just about to give up, I felt a disturbance in the still lake. The water moved around me in a frantic rush and groups of fish scattered to swim to more stable waters.

Adrian had finally cracked.

A grin broke out of my face and I moved from my sitting position to a floating one. 

I felt him coming closer and telling by the tingling feeling in my stomach, he was nervous. We had already formed a slight bond with the amount of time that we had already spent together, letting me slightly feel his emotions and whether or not he's in pain. Once he marks me, we'll be able to communicate with each other via our minds.

Deciding to mess with him just a bit more, I swam around, causing him to lose my trail. Sharp turns and curves caused him to lose my trail.

After swerving throughout the lake for a short amount of time, I eventually came across a cave. It was a dark hole in the wall of the lake and as horribly cliché as it sounds, it had a certain magical aura to it. 

Swimming through the dark passageway, I was blind. The placement of the cave caused a dark shadow to cast over all of it, leaving it a dark abyss. Yet, soon enough a light at the end of the tunnel appeared.

Rising out of the water, I drank in the scenery. A hole in the wall was letting a ray of sunlight into the quite small interior of the cave. Long strands of seaweed weaved around and coated the rock walls of the cave. Puddles of lake water sat sat idly by.

It wasn't long before I felt the presence of another behind me. It was most likely Adrian due to the purring that was being done by my awkward wolf.

We couldn't exactly have a conversation with our wolves, considering they were animals. Yet, they always managed to get their opinion and feelings across by using their natural animalistic behavior. Hence, the major purring that was going on inside my head.

Confirming my suspicions, a blanket of comfortable sparks was wrapped around me as my mate took me into his arms. Relaxing into his embrace, I laid my head on his wet, yet warm chest. It was then that I realized that he was shirtless, only wearing a pair of lowly hanging jeans.

"You scared me," Adrian whimpered, breaking my heart.

As long as I have a say in it, Adrian Carding will never make that sound ever again.

"I'm sorry," I murmured, turning to bury my head in his incredibly comfortable chest.

Adrian sighed and pressed his lips to my head. Slightly rocking on his two feet, he began to hum the tune to a song I didn't know.

"Do you know how to dance?" he asked, pulling away a bit to lock his eyes with mine.

Shaking my head no, I began to feel my cheeks heat up and an extremely unattractive rosy read color paint them.

This man was turning me into straight up mush. I never blush! Yet, right now you might as well consider my face a tomato.

With a heartbreaking smile stretching to reach his cheeks, Adrian raised his hand to cup my face. A light purple bruise from my run in with the rogues was still present right on my left cheekbone. Using his thumb, he lightly brushed over the injury, causing me to slightly flinch. Growling slightly, he frowned and pressed a feather light kiss over the nasty bruise.

"Then I'll teach you," Adrian said lightly, referring to his earlier question.

Instinctively, my arms wrapped around his neck to pull him closer to me. Lowering his hands to rest on my hips, Adrian made sure that he and I were completely molded together.

He began to hum the tune again as we rocked back and forth. Warmth radiated off of his body, warming my figure and took my mind off of the discomfort my soaking clothing was causing me to feel.

Adrian Carding was really something.

***

Skipping through the halls of the castle to reach my room, I was in a state of bliss. For me, nothing could get better at the moment. Adrian was breaking things off with Adriana, I was free of that scumbag Blaze, and I could really be myself.

Prancing throughout my room, I ran a bath. After pouring a crap load of bubble formula into the warm water, I stripped out of my damp clothing and tiptoed into the large bathtub.

Letting out a sigh of pleasure, I let the jet work out the knots that had twisted themselves into my back. Hot water was lightly beating all over my body and a few scented candles burned.

Using this time to evaluate my feelings for Adrian, I decided that I was already completely in love with him. Despite my previous rules as to what to do and not what to do with a man, I had a feeling that I could trust him. After all, he was mate so he'd never hurt me.

My thought process was interrupted by an obnoxiously loud recording of 'Barbie Girl' blaring through the speakers of my phone.

Groaning, I flopped out of the tub like a fish out of water. Quickly wrapping the pure white towel around my body, I scrambled to answer my phone. Not even bothering to check the number, I whipped it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, panting heavily.

"Why so breathless, kitten?" a deep, familiar voice came from the other end.

I knew that voice from anywhere.

Blaze.

I could have been smart. I could have hung up the phone right then and there. I could have told Adrian, my mom, my dad, or one of my brothers that he called me.

Unfortunately, I wasn't being very smart that day.

"Why so arrogant, asshole?" was my not-so-smart reply.

A deep chuckle rang around my ear. Even from the phone, I could hear the difference in him. A previously laid back noise had turned into an incredibly sinister cackle that was sent from the pits of hell.

"You were always the spitfire. That's one of the things I love about you so much," came the easygoing voice of Blaze.

"What do you want?" I quickly questioned, holding the towel tighter to my shivering body.

"You know what I want." He said, husky and dangerous.

"No, I can't say that I do," I replied, circling to cautiously look all around the room.

"Perhaps I should fill you in then," I could hear rustling in the background and a door close. "You see, my mate's dead. She died in my arms after a rogue attack when I was just seventeen. I was broken until I found you. You were my resurrection and I won't stop until I have you. So, to answer your question, I want you."

That was all I heard before the line went dead and I was left listening to the quiet sloshing of the still full bathtub.

The phone dropped from my now limp hand and landed on the floor with a clatter. My face went blank and I felt myself slipping away into something unknown.  The walls got tighter around me, suffocating me until I dropped to my knees on the bold, tile floor.

I guess even the strongest can break.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 16.2K 38
Andrea Cruz has the perfect life but it shatters in front of her when she watches everyone that she loves perish in a fire. She is taken against her...
99.7K 3.2K 67
~A Royal Werewolf Princess ~ My name Selena my parents are alphas of our pack which makes me the princess. Soon I will find my mate, someone to love...
569K 13.3K 18
Kira awakens one night to find her pack house is under attack by Dark Moon pack. After she escapes she finds herself alone, the soul survivor of the...
3K 428 50
An entanglement of betrayal, revenge, love, and supernatural war: Mirajane; the dusk princess and sole white wolf of the werewolf world. ...... When...