Raiders of the Land and Sea

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Henrietta Wilma "Indiana" (Indy) Jones craves adventure and seeks it out as often as she can. But one advent... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Before the Curse
1: 01
1: 02
1: 04
1: 05
1: 06
1: 07
1: 08
1: 09
1: 10
1: 11
1: 12
1: 13
1: 14
1: 15
1: 16
1: 17
1: 18
1: 19
1: 20
1: 21
1: 22
2: 01
2: 02
2: 03
2: 04
2: 05
2: 06
2: 07
2: 08
2: 09
2: 10
2: 11
2: 12
2: 13
2: 14
2: 15
2: 16
2: 17
2: 18
2: 19
2: 20
2: 21
2: 22
Book Two

1: 03

677 15 2
By TheQuietHufflepuff

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST - FOREST

A lone stag roamed on the forest road, tending to a patch of grass. A coachman's voice was heard in the distance. Startled, the stag turned its head up and turned to leave hastily. Carriage horses stomped forward pulling a carriage on the road. Inside the carriage, Prince Charming looked out the window.

"What do you think of the view, my dear?" Prince Charming asked.

Princess Abigail, sitting across from him as she held a fan, rapidly fanned herself before letting out a sigh and said, "I've seen better. This is taking forever. I told you the Troll Bridge would've been quicker." The carriage bounced. "And far less bumpy." Prince Charming took a bag of jewelry in his lap and gazed at it; Abigail gazed at the box, then at him. "Are you even listening to me?"

Prince Charming distractedly looked away from the bag. "Yes, of course I am."

"Whoa, whoa!" the coachman cried and the carriage horses neighed as they drew to a halt.

Prince Charming said to Abigail, "Worry not -- it's but a fallen tree. Fellas? Shall we?" He got out to examine the end of the tree. A cloaked figure landed on top of the carriage, startling Abigail inside.

Prince Charming continued assessing the marks on the tree and a guard asked, "M'lord? What is it?"

"These markings. This tree didn't fall -- it's been cut. It's an ambush." The cloaked figure reached into the open carriage door and grabbed the bag on the seat. Abigail screamed at the intrusion and Prince Charming rushed back.

"Sir!"

"Guards!" Abigail yelled. "Stop, thief! Help me!"

The thief mounted a horse and made a getaway. Prince Charming mounted a horse as well and chased after the thief and the pirate. As he passed the carriage, Abigail looked out the carriage door at the commotion. Prince Charming managed to catch up to the thief, and when his horse sped up to align with the other horse, he forced the thief to the ground.

Prince Charming fell and got up to stand over the thief as he ordered, "Show your face, you coward!" He flipped the thief over, preparing a fist to punch. He stopped and the anger dissipated to a dazed surprise. The thief was a fair-faced woman. "You're... a girl."

"Woman," the thief corrected. Grabbing a rock, she hit Prince Charming in the face with it and he sprawled to the side in pain. She got back onto her horse and rode off.

Prince Charming got up, his chin bloodstained, and yelled, "You can't hide from me! Wherever you are, I will find you!" The thief turned to flash him a satisfied smirk as she got away. Prince Charming shot her an irritated look.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT DAY - GRANNY'S DINER

Dr. Whale and Mary Margaret were on a date. She looked at him and sipped her drink.

"Um, where were we?" Dr. Whale asked. "Something about you wanting fifteen kids?"

Mary Margaret, shocked, cried, "No! Good lord, no. I meant in my class, where I teach. You'll meet them tomorrow." Dr. Whale nodded in understanding, and then as she continued to speak, his gaze drifted to the person behind her. Ruby was clearing tables in the background, and was scantily clad in a white shirt showing her midriff with a red mini-skirt and high heels. He glanced to Indiana, who was sipping her drink as she looked over some papers. "They're coming to the hospital as part of the Volunteer Outreach Program.

Ruby moved to another table almost directly behind Mary Margaret. He quickly shifted his eyes back in time to respond. "Oh, yeah. That is a great program."

Dr. Whale tried to remain focused as she spoke, but kept quickly glancing back at Ruby. "I mean, obviously I don't want fifteen kids of my own. I-I mean, not that I don't want kids. I do." He lost interest in the conversation, and his gaze was fixed on what was behind Mary Margaret. "I want kids, marriage, true love—I want it all. But that of course is... " She noticed Dr. Whale was not paying attention to her. Slowly, she turned her head to see him ogling Ruby, who had finished cleaning the table and carried a tray as she passed them.

"...wildly inappropriate for me to discuss on a first date," she finished.

"Hmm?" Dr. Whale hummed.

"Ruby?"

Ruby stopped and turned back while holding the tray in the air with one hand as she said, "Yes, Mary Margaret?"

Mary Margaret sadly replied, "Check, please."

Indiana gathered her papers and left a tip for Ruby. As she passed Dr. Whale, she said, "How dare you treat a lady like so." She turned to Mary Margaret. "Would you like me to walk out with you?"

Mary Margaret nodded. "Please."

Mary Margaret and Indiana were walking down the street after the former's failed date and came across Emma, who was reading in her car.

"Hey. You okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Oh, in the world of tight spots I've been in, crashing in my car doesn't even rank in the top ten," Emma replied.

"You're sleeping here?"

"Til I find a place."

"You decided to stay. For Henry."

Indiana smiled. "This is the happiest I've seen him in awhile, and it's thanks to you."

"Yeah, I guess," Emma replied. "This town doesn't seem to have any vacancies. None, actually. Is that normal?"

"Must be the curse," Mary Margaret guessed.

"Why are you two out so late?"

"Well, I'm a teacher, not a nun. I had a date."

Indiana shrugged. "The night offers unexpected adventures."

"From the looks of things, it went well," Emma noted. "Adventures can be fun."

"As well as they ever do," Mary Margaret said.

"Tell me he at least paid."

"Mm-mm."

"Ew."

"Well, I guess if true love was easy, we'd all have it. You know, if things get cramped, I do have a spare room."

"Thanks. I'm not really the roommate type. It's just not my thing. I do better on my own."

"Well, goodnight. Good luck with Henry."

"Yeah..."

HOSPITAL

The other kids were running around. Henry was in John Doe's room, about to touch his face when Mary Margaret walked in.

"Henry," Mary Margaret called. "We could really use your help with the decorations."

"Is Mr. Doe going to be okay, Miss Blanchard?" Henry asked.

"His name's not John Doe, honey. That's just what they call people when they don't know who they are."

"Do you know who he is?"

"Nope. Just bring him flowers on my rounds."

"What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know. He's been like this as long as I've been volunteering."

"Does he have any family or friends?"

"No one's claimed him."

"So, he's all alone."

"Yeah... It's quite sad."

"You sure you don't know him?"

"'Course I'm sure. Come on. You shouldn't be in here."

PLAYGROUND

Emma met Henry and Indiana at his castle.

"I found your father -- Prince Charming," Henry told Emma.

Emma frowned. "Henry..."

"He's in the hospital, in a coma." He pointed to Prince Charming's picture. "See the scar? He has one, too."

"So? Lots of people have scars."

"In the same place? Don't you see what this means? The curse is keeping them apart with the coma. Now they're stuck without each other. We have to tell Miss Blanchard we found her Prince Charming."

"Okay, kid. Telling someone their soulmate is still in a coma is probably not helpful. Not having a happy ending is painful enough, but giving someone unrealistic hope is far worse."

"But what if I'm right? We know who they are. Now they need to know."

Indiana raises a brow and asked, "And how do you intend to make that happen?"

"By reminding him. We have to get her to read their story to John Doe. Then, maybe, he'll remember who he is."

"Okay," Emma agreed.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, we'll do it. But we'll do it my way. Let me and Indy ask her."

MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Mary Margaret made cocoa for herself, Indiana and Emma as they sat and talked.

"You two want me to read to a coma patient?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"Henry thinks it will help him remember who he was," Emma explained.

"And, who does he think he was?"

"Prince Charming," Indiana replied. Under her breath, she added, "And he'd be right."

"And if I'm Snow White, he thinks me... and him..."

"He has a very active imagination, which is the point," Emma said. "I can't talk him out of his belief, so I need to show him. Play along, do what he says and maybe, just maybe."

Indiana narrowed her eyes. "Wait a minute. This sounds wrong. This could hurt Henry, more than you know."

Mary Margaret glanced at Indiana before looking back at Emma and saying, "He'll see that fairy tales are just that. That there's no such thing as love at first sight or first kiss. He'll see reality."

"Something like that," Emma replied.

"Well, sadly, this plan is rather genius. We get him to the truth without hurting him."

"I told him that we will all meet tomorrow for breakfast at Granny's. And you will give a full report."

"Well, I suppose I'll get ready for my date. I guess I'll have to do all the talking."

HOSPITAL

Mary Margaret and sat with John Doe in his room. She had Henry's book.

"Look, I know this is odd, but I'm doing it for a friend. So please, just bear with me."

Mary Margaret began reading to John Doe. She read the story about Snow White and Prince Charming. Towards the end of the story, John Doe reached out and grabbed her hand.

Mary Margaret looked down at her hand and ran to get the doctor.

Dr. Whale and Mary Margaret walked back into John Doe's room as Mary Margaret said, "No, I'm sure he's waking up. He... He grabbed my hand."

"Everything's steady," Dr. Whale replied. "The same as it's always bee. What were you doing in here?"

"Oh, I was just reading h-him a story."

"Oh. Well perhaps you, um, dozed off. Perhaps you imagined it."

"No, I didn't imagine anything."

"Miss Blanchard, I can only tell you what I see, which is nothing. Sometimes there are minor fluctuations in readings. Perhaps you heard the machine register something and misunderstood? Look, why don't you go home, get some rest. If anything changes, I'll call you, okay?"

Mary Margaret left and Dr. Whale called someone.

"Yes?" Regina asked.

"It's Dr. Whale. You told me to call you if there was ever a change in John Doe. Something's happened."

"What?"

"One of our volunteers said he grabbed her. And there was a slight fluctuation in brain activity."

"And who was this volunteer?"

"Mary Margaret Blanchard."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The thief who had previously stolen Prince Charming's jewels gathered various things and put them into a bag. She put a necklace with a bottle around her neck. The thief slung the bag over her shoulder and headed outside and walked a short distance before being caught in a net.

Prince Charming came out of hiding, laughing, before he said, "I told you I'd find you. No matter what you do, I will always find you?"

"Is this the only way you can catch a woman?" the thief retorted. "By entrapping her?"

"It's the only way to catch a thieving scum."

"Aren't you a real "Prince Charming"."

"I have a name, you know."

"Don't care. Charming suits you. Now cut me down, Charming."

"I'll release you, when you return the leather pouch you stole with my jewels."

"Not the jewelry type."

"Indeed. I noticed."

"What is that supposed to mean? Are you insulting me?"

"No, quite right. My apologies. How dare I cast aspersions at the person who robbed me? Where are my jewels?"

"I sold them."

"What?"

"What do you care? Don't you have a palace full of treasures somewhere?"

"These were special. Among them was a ring that belonged to my mother. A ring I was about to give-"

"The nag with the bad attitude? That's what this is about?"

"She's my fiancée."

"Good luck with that. You must be getting something impressive to have agreed to that union."

"Excuse me?"

"I know how this works. True love? It doesn't exist. It's all arranged marriages and business transactions. There's no such thing as love at first sight or first kiss. Let me guess -- her kingdom wants to take over yours and this is, what, a last ditch effort to avoid war?"

"This is not a takeover. It's a merger, and quite frankly, it's none of your business. Now, this is what's going to happen."

"Mmhmm?"

"I'm going to cut you down and you will take me to whoever has my jewels, and then, you're going to get my ring back."

"Mm-mm. Why would I do that?"

"Because you don't want me to tell anyone who you really are." He took out a piece of paper; a Wanted poster for Snow White. "Snow White. Help me get my ring back, or I turn you over to the Queen's forces. And I have a feeling the Queen's not as "charming" as I am."

"Well, I wouldn't want to stand in the way of your getting true love," Snow White shot back as Prince Charming cut her down from the net.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT DAY - GRANNY'S DINER

Henry, Emma and Indiana were sitting in Granny's diner. Henry had given Emma one of Regina's shirts.

"Thanks for the shirt," Emma said, looking at it closer. "Hey, is this your mother's?"

"She'll never notice," Henry replied.

"Where does she think you are, anyway?"

"Playing Whack-A-Mole."

"And she bought that?"

"She wants to believe it, so she chooses to."

"Oh, imagine that."

Indiana smiled lightly. "He's learned quite a few sly tricks in his time."

Mary Margaret entered the diner and Henry said, "She's here."

"Hey don't get your hopes up," Emma told him. "We're just getting started, okay?"

"He woke up," Mary Margaret told them.

"What?"

"I knew it," Henry said.

"I mean, he didn't 'wake up' wake up, but he grabbed my hand," Mary Margaret explained.

"He's remembering!"

"What did the doctor say?" Emma and Indiana questioned.

"That I imagined it, but I'm not crazy," Mary Margaret replied. "I know it happened."

Henry looked at her. "We have to go back. You have to read to him again."

"Let's go."

Emma stopped him. "Wait, wait what?"

"If I got through to him, if we made a connection-"

"You don't believe..."

"That he's Prince Charming? Of course not. Somehow, some way, I touched him."

HOSPITAL

Henry stretched to peek into John Doe's room. "You're right -- he's waking up."

"Henry, you should stay back," Sheriff Graham told the boy.

"What's going on?" Mary Margaret asked. "Is it John Doe? Is he okay?"

"He's missing."

Henry noticed Regina in John Doe's room. She saw him and walked over to them.

Regina glared at Emma, Indiana and Mary Margaret. "What the hell are you doing here?" She turned to Henry. "And you -- I thought you were at the arcade. Now you're lying to me?"

"What happened to John Doe?" Mary Margaret questioned.

Sheriff Graham turned to her. "We don't know yet. His IVs were ripped out but there's no sign for sure there's a struggle."

Henry glared at Regina as he asked, "What did you do?"

Regina frowned at him. "You think I had something to do with this?"

"It is curious that the Mayor is here," Emma commented.

"I'm here because I'm his emergency contact."

"You know him?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I found him. On the side of the road years ago with no ID. I brought him here."

"Mayor Mills saved his life," Dr. Whale told them.

"Will he be okay?" Mary Margaret wondered.

"Okay? The man's been on feeding tubes for years on constant supervision. He needs to get back here right away or, quite honestly, 'okay' might be a pipe dream."

"Well then, let's quit yapping and start looking," Emma said.

Regina frowned at her. "That's what we're doing? Just stay out of this, dear. And since I clearly can't keep you away from my son, I guess I'm just going to have to keep my son away from you. And you as well, Miss Jones. You seem to have a poor influence on my son. Enjoy my shirt, because that's all you're getting. Sheriff, find John Doe. You heard Dr. Whale. Time is precious."

Regina and Henry left.

"Doctor, how long between your rounds since you last saw him?" Sheriff Graham questioned.

"Twelve hours or so," Dr. Whale replied.

"Then that's what we need to account for." They made their way to the security room. Walter, the hospital security guard, and Leroy, the hospital janitor, were both there.

"You two were the only employees on the floor last night," Sheriff Graham said. "And you saw nothing."

"Not a thing," Walter replied.

"Did anyone walk by?" Emma asked.

"I didn't see nothin'," Leroy answered.

Sheriff Graham turned to the raven-haired woman and asked, "Miss Blanchard, was there anything unusual you saw during your trip with your class?"

"I don't think so," Mary Margaret replied.

"We're looking at the wrong tape," Indiana realized.

Emma nodded. "She's right. This is the ward where Henry's class put up decorations. If this was really the tape from last night, we'd see the banners the kids hung."

"Tch, you fell asleep again," Leroy said.

"You selling me out?" Walter shot back.

"I ain't getting fired for this."

"At least I don't drink on the job."

"Gentlemen, enough," Sheriff Graham told them. "Where's the real tape?" The tape was switched. They saw John Doe get up and walk out the door.

"He walked out alone," Mary Margaret noted. "He's okay."

"Four hours ago," Emma pointed out. "Where does this door lead?"

"The woods," Leroy and Indiana answered.

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White and Prince Charming were traveling through.

Prince Charming noticed a necklace around her neck with a substance in a glass pouch and said, "I thought you wren't the jewelry type. What's that around your neck?"

"Don't worry about it," Snow White replied as Prince Charming took the necklace from her neck. "Careful! It's a weapon."

"Dust? What kind of weapon is dust?"

"Fairy dust."

"I thought that was a good thing?"

"When it comes from a good fairy. This stuff? Is deadly. It transforms the most fearsome of adversaries into a form that's easily squashed."

"Then why didn't you use it on me?"

"'Cause you're not worthy. It's very hard to come by. I'm saving it for a special someone."

"Ah, the Queen. You got a lot of anger, don't you there, Snow?"

"The charges on her posters are lies. It didn't stop her from sending her huntsman to rip out my heart."

"What happened?"

"Well, not everyone is a soulless royal. He took pity on me and let me go. I've been hiding in the forest ever since. Trying to amass enough fortune to leave this place. Escape to another realm. Somewhere isolated. Where I can never be hurt."

"Sounds lonely."

"No lonelier than an arranged marriage."

"At least I don't prey on the innocent."

"Up until now, I've only ever stolen from the Queen. I thought your carriage was one of hers. No one else - ever uses that road."

"I took the scenic route."

"Well, lucky for me. All I'm doing, Charming, is what it takes to survive. She wants me dead."

"So, what did you do to incur that much wrath?"

"She blames me for ruining her life."

"Did you?"

"Yes." They continued on until they came to a river. "I'm thirsty. May I?"

"Sure. Make it quick." They both took a drink from the river. While Prince Charming had his back turned, Snow White hit him and pushed him into the river. She dug through the bag to find the pouch. Snow White ran back into the forest until she got to the road. There, she encountered the Evil Queen's guards who surrounded her.

"Huh," a guard said. "Look who we found. There's nowhere else to hide. The Queen wants your heart." He pulled out a dagger. "And we're not going to disappoint her."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - WOODS

Emma, Graham, Indiana and Mary Margaret were in the woods searching for John Doe.

"What is it?" Emma asked.

"The trail runs cold here," Sheriff Graham replied.

"You sure? Because I thought tracking was one of your skills."

"Just give me a second. This is my world. I got it."

"Right. Sorry."

"What does he mean, "His world"?" Mary Margaret asked. "Isn't finding people your thing, too?"

"Sure. Just, people I find usually run places like Vegas. Not a lot hit the woods."

"That's an interesting job -- finding people. How'd you fall into it?"

"Looking for people is just what I've done. As long as I can remember."

"What made you start? Your parents? Henry told me that you... Th-that you were from a similar situation to his own. Did you ever find them?"

Indiana smirked and replied slyly, "Well, that depends on who you ask."

They heard a crack behind them and turned as Henry ran down a bit.

"Henry!" Mary Margaret called.

"Did you find him yet?" Henry asked.

Emma shook her head. "No, not yet. You shouldn't be here."

"I can help. I know where he's going."

"And where's that?" Mary Margaret asked.

He looked at her. "He's looking for you."

Indiana nodded. True love knew no bounds. If there was a way she could get back to the man she loved, she would. But that all seemed impossible.

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Prince Charming and Snow White came to a bridge on horseback. They got off and Snow White sent the horse away.

"Trolls don't like horses," Snow White said. "We walk from here. Follow me and keep quiet."

"Where are they?" Prince Charming asked.

"Oh, they're here." She left a pile of gold coins on the edge of the bridge. Several trolls climbed up the side of the bridge. "It's fine. I know them."

"Why're you here?" a troll questioned. "I thought we were done."

"I want to make another trade."

"I'm not talking in front of him. Who is this guy?"

"No, he's with me."

"Oh, that's good. With you. That makes it all fine."

"He's no one. Look, I want to buy back the jewels I sold you."

"Who is he?"

"I said don't worry about it. Look, I'll give you back all your money. Just give me the ring. You can keep everything else." Another troll took out the pouch and went to give it to Prince Charming.

"Thank you," Prince Charming said. "We appreciate the help."

"He's too eager," a troll noted. "This is a setup."

"It's not!" Snow White cried.

"He's a royal!" The troll grabbed Snow White.

Prince Charming drew his sword and yelled, "Let her go!"

"No!" Snow White argued. "You can trust me. Look, you can trust me. If I wanted to set you up, I would have done it the first time."

"The time for dealing is done," the troll retorted. "Seize him!" The trolls checked Prince Charming's bag and patted him down. They took the necklace of fairy dust and threw it aside. They found the Wanted poster for Snow White.

"Snow White," another troll said. "Quite a reward. Take her." The prince picked his sword off the ground and attacked the trolls. Snow White got away.

"Go!" Prince Charming told her. "I'm right behind you." Snow White ran, but grabbed the fairy dust on the way. Prince Charming fought off the trolls and managed to kick one off the bridge. A troll tripped Prince Charming and the others dragged him back. Snow White didn't notice and continued to flee to a safe distance.

Snow White said to Prince Charming, "Follow me! They don't know the forest like I do." She turned to look around and realized the trolls still had the prince and were about to kill him.

She ran back towards Prince Charming.

"Royal blood is the sweetest of all," a troll said before Snow White used the fairy dust to transform the trolls into bugs.

"You... You saved me," Prince Charming realized.

"It's the honorable thing to do," Snow White replied.

"What about your special someone?" Prince Charming asked, looking at Snow White.

"I'll think of something else."

"Thank you."

"Anyway, how could I let Prince Charming die?"

"I told you -- I have a name. It's James."

"It's nice to meet you, James. We should go. There may be more of them coming."

STORYBROOKE - WOODS

As the group walked through the woods, they came up to the Toll Bridge and Henry explained the situation to Mary Margaret. "You're the one who woke him up. You're the last one he saw. He wants to find you!"

"Henry, it's not about me," Mary Margaret replied. "I just... I think he's lost and confused. He's been in a coma a long time."

"But he loves you! You need to stop chasing him, and let him find you."

Emma looked at Henry. "Kid. You need to go home. Where's your mom? She's going to kill me, maybe Indy, and then you... and then me, and maybe Indy, again."

"She dropped me off at the house. Then, when right out."

"Well, we need to get you back immediately."

"No!"

"Guys!" Sheriff Graham called.

John Doe's bloody hospital bracelet was on the ground.

"Is that..." Mary Margaret began.

"Blood," Emma and Indiana confirmed.

"Where is he? Can you see him?"

"The trail dies at the water line," Sheriff Graham informed.

The group found John Doe lying in the water.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" Mary Margaret cried.

"I need an ambulance!" Sheriff Graham demanded. "At the old Toll Bridge, as soon as possible."

Emma, Sheriff Graham and Mary Margaret dragged John Doe to the shore. Indiana stayed back with Henry.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Mary Margaret yelled. "No, no, no! I found you!"

"It's going to be okay," Emma reassured.

"Help's coming," Sheriff Graham told her.

"Is he okay?" Henry asked softly.

"Henry..." Emma called.

"Is he going to be okay?"

Indiana nodded. "He'll be okay, Henry. They'll save him."

Emma stepped in front of Henry, next to Indiana. "Henry, don't look. Okay? Don't look."

"Come back to me," Mary Margaret whispered. "Come back to me."

Mary Margaret started CPR and as soon as she put her mouth on his, he started breathing and coughed up water.

John Doe looked at her. "You saved me."

Henry smiled widely. "She did it. She did it! She woke him up."

Emma nodded. "Yeah, kid. She did."

"Thank you," John Doe said.

"Who are you?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I don't know."

"It's okay. You're going to be okay."

HOSPITAL

John Doe was treated by doctors. Kathryn burst into John Doe's room and rushed to his side.

"David! David, is that you?" Kathryn asked.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Dr. Whale called.

"Oh, my God..."

"Ma'am, you can't be in here. Please, you can't be in here right now."

"David..."

"You can't be in here, ma'am. Can you wait over her for a second, okay?"

"Who is that?" Mary Margaret wondered.

Regina walked up behind them. "His wife."

THE ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Prince Charming and Snow White walked through the forest.

"So... well, you probably want this," Prince Charming said.

"Right, the gold," Snow White replied. "Thank you. And, um, you can't get married without this." She gave him back the pouch with his jewels and the ring. He took out the ring.

"Ah. I know -- not your style."

"Well, there's only one way to find out." She tried on the ring.

"Yeah, not me at all. I'm sure your fiancée will love it." She gave the ring back.

"Yeah. Yeah, if you need more, you can have the rest. The ring is all I require."

"Oh, no. I'm good, thanks. We both got what we wanted."

"Well, wherever you're going, be careful. If... if you need anything-"

"You'll find me."

"Always."

"I almost believe that."

"Well, goodbye, Snow White."

"Goodbye, Prince Charming."

"I told you -- it's James."

"Nah, still like Charming better." Snow White and Prince Charming parted ways.

STORYBROOKE - HOSPITAL

Kathryn and David were in the room together.

Emma, Regina, Henry, Mary Margaret and Indiana stood outside David's room.

"His name is David Nolan," Regina said. "And that's his wife, Kathryn. And the joy on her face, well, it's put me in quite the forgiving mood." She looked to Henry. "We'll talk about your insubordination later. Do you know what insubordination means? It means you're grounded."

Kathryn came out of David's room and walked up to Regina. "Thank you. Thank you for finding my David."

"Um, I-I don't understand," Mary Margaret said. "You didn't... You didn't know that he was here in a coma?"

Kathryn turned to Mary Margaret. "A few years ago, David and I were not getting along. It was my fault, I know that now. I was difficult and unsupportive. I told him if he didn't like things, he could could leave. And he did. And I didn't stop him. It was the worst mistake I ever made."

"You didn't go look for him?" Emma asked.

"I assumed he'd left town all this time. And now I know why I never heard from him. Now I get to do what I've wanted to do forever -- say I'm sorry. Now we get a second chance."

"That's wonderful," Mary Margaret said sadly.

Dr. Whale entered. "Well, it's something of a miracle."

"He's okay?" Kathryn questioned.

"Ah, physically, he's on the mend, um, his memory is another issue. It may take time, if at all."

"What brought him back?" Mary Margaret asked.

"That's the thing. There's no explanation. Something just clicked in him."

Emma frowned. "He just got up and decided to go for a stroll?"

"He woke up and he was delirious and his first instinct was to go find something, I guess."

"Someone," Henry corrected.

"Can I see him?" Kathryn asked.

Dr. Whale nodded. "Yeah, of course."

Kathryn walked back into David's room.

Regina turned to her son. "Henry, let's go."

"Wait, my backpack," Henry said.

Henry went to grab his backpack and whispered to Mary Margaret, "Don't believe them. You're the one he was looking for."

"Henry..." Mary Margaret warned.

"He was going to the Toll Bridge. It's like the end of the story."

"Henry, he was going there because it's the last thing I read to him."

"No, it's because you belong together."

"Henry," Regina called.

Henry walked towards Regina and the two of them left.

Emma and Indiana caught up with them as the former called, "Madam Mayor!"

"Wait by the car," Regina told Henry.

Henry walked to the car.

"Miss Swan, I let you off the hook back there," Regina said. "Don't press it. You too, Miss Jones."

"I'm sorry, but Mrs. Nolan?" Emma replied. "Kind of feels like her story could be a load of crap. All this time, there's a John Doe lying around in a coma and nobody puts it in the news, nobody goes looking. Something's not right here."

"Well, what else would make sense to you? Why would Miss Nolan lie? Do you think I cast a spell on her?"

"I think it's rather strange you've been his emergency contact all these years and you only found her now."

"Well this town is bigger than you know. Something Miss Jones knows. It's entirely possible to get lost here. It's entirely possible for bad things to happen."

Indiana crossed her arms and asked, "And just as it's convenient you managed to solve the mystery?"

"Thanks to you and Miss Swan. That tape you two found was a stroke of genius. So, we went back and looked at past tapes. Turns out Mr. Doe's been talking in his sleep. He's been calling out for a Kathryn. After that, it wasn't so hard to put the pieces together. And here I thought you two and Mary Margaret would be pleased. True love won out. So bask in the moment, dears. Were it not for you three, they would have lived their lives completely alone. That's why I'm willing to forgive both your incessant rudeness. Because all this has reminded me of something oh-so very important. How grateful I am to have Henry. Because not having someone? Well, that's the worst curse imaginable."

Indiana scoffed. "That is not true love. You just want to separate the two."

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

HOSPITAL

Mary Margaret watched David and Kathryn hug in his room. She looked down at her hand and distractedly fiddled with her ring.

BLANCHARD APARTMENT

After saying goodbye to Indiana, Emma made her way to Mary Margaret's apartment and knocked on the door.

Mary Margaret opened the door. "Emma."

"Sorry to bother you so late. Is that spare room still available?" Emma asked.

Mary Margaret nodded and let Emma in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 1.2K 20
Book 1 of the One of You series (Y/n) Adler and her twin sister Emma Swan never thought that fairy tales were a thing to take seriously. Abandoned as...
487 41 6
Once upon a time... there was a town, full of all childhood fantasies and stories. It is not until the great Chosen One comes to save them, that Scyl...
2.3K 45 26
What if Emma sacrificed herself rather than Killian? What if they had to go to underworld to save her? What if a villian comes to Storybrooke? Will t...
124K 4.1K 104
***The sequel to Dreams Comes True*** This book occurs after Regina confesses to Gold that she will get revenge for Cora's death. While trying to st...