Abyssal (ManxMan)

By FeastOfNoise

The day that Kai learns that he's half-human, half-merman and that he's the key to ending a 100-year-old war... More

Abyssal
Prologue
Kai
Golden Hallucination
King Marius the Conquerer
Clash
Master's Chain
Fish Out of Water
Shark Bait
Sunken Ship
False Reflection
Patreon Exclusive NSFW Chapter: Crystal Pearl
Swirling Silvers
Circus Animal
Public Humiliation
Triple Threat
The Baths Part 1
The Baths Part 2
Condition
Royal Concubine
True Danger
Spirit of the Sea
The Amphitheater
For What Price?
To Spurn a King
The Queen's Pet Part 1
The Queen's Pet Part 2
King's Gambit
Abyssal is Now Live on Radish!
Wet Dream Part 1 (Explicit)
Crimson Tide
Rising Dust
Damaged Vessel
Get Out
The Kingdom of Astria Part 1
The Kingdom of Astria Part 2
The Tour
Wet Dream Part 2 - NSFW/Patreon Exclusive
The King's Orders
East Wing
🚨🚨Abyssal Comic is Finally Out!!!🚨🚨
Under His Nose
Abyssal is now on Tapas and Webtoon!
Pawn
Audience
Two Birds, One Stone
Punishment
Cave of Wonders
Laboratory
Silent Treatment
Fight or Flight
Others
Change of Tactics
Catch-22
Dark Zone
Suicide Attempt
At What Cost?
Royal Invitation
Don't Call Me a Halfbreed
King's Jewels
Whip. Cough. Splash.
Getting Ready
Torn Harness
The Devil You Know
Impulsive Act
Royal Dinner
The Kings' Attentions
A Merman of His Word
Superpowers
Teleporting Mermen
Abyssal is now on Ritoria!
Back! :)
New Chapter up on Ritoria!
The Reunion
Culinary Lesson
The King Could Cook
Businessman
Tucked In
Erasmus the Fabled
First Visit
Bringing an Army
Oath
True Form
Sea Monster
Crack
The Attacker Pt 1
The Attacker Pt 2
Jealousy and Envy
Inner Pool
The Catalyst
Distraction
In the Blink of an Eye
Incompatible
Breeding Program
Father's Tale
Save Them
The Fool
Time is of the Essence
Energy Pulse
Momma's Boy
A King's Lament
Ready
Book 2 Synopsis
Coming Soon

King Trigon the White

4.5K 326 30
By FeastOfNoise

King Trigon the White

As always, the Royal Tailor had excelled at the task of outfitting even a half-breed. The half-breed was handsome in the ceremonial outfit. He had his father' kingly bearing and his mother's human softness that, despite its numerous faults, made for quite a striking, captivating combination. Were his eyelashes always that long and feminine? And were his hips so-

Marius turned away from the boy. What were these strange, wayward thoughts he was abruptly having?

It had to be his grandfather's influence working its wretched sorcery on him, making his thoughts stray. He'd wanted to delay or stall this meeting for as long as possible, but even he knew that his grandfather would have his way, sooner or later.

And now the time had come, and his grandfather would see the half-breed born with the power to rule the Seven Seas.

Marius would let his grandfather lay eyes on the half-breed, but he would never allow him to lay hands on him.

They exited the King's chambers and headed for his grandfather's on the other side of the Palace.

Six guards accompanied them as they walked the Palace's vast transparent corridors, two in front of him and four behind him. The half-breed walked by his side, much to the silent astonishment of his royal guard. Normally, a pet walked behind its master. Only a king's peer walked by their side.

The half-breed looked confused and a little alarmed by the entourage.

"You said we were going to see your grandfather," he accused.

"We are."

"Then why are all these guards here?"

"Pay them no heed; it's just a formality. Just keep your mouth closed and follow everything I tell you to do to the letter. Obey only me, understand?"

"Yes, master," Kai said with heavy sarcasm lacing his voice.

His guard simultaneously flinched and tensed. They expected him to punish the pet for his insolence, as he would have strictly punished anyone who'd dared to mock the King.

He would have laughed if his mood wasn't so soured by the invitation he could no longer ignore or deny.

He didn't need to glance over his shoulder to see the guarded annoyance in the half-breed's face at being left in the dark.

Marius hesitated, surprising himself. He rarely hesitated -his mind was too sharp and decisive for its own good. But he hesitated now, unsure whether to bother explaining to the half-breed his concerns. Then he remembered his plan and decided to stick with it. "He's not to be trusted. Everything he says is a lie meant to serve only himself. He cares only for his own gain. Never trust him."

"Your... grandfather?" He heard the doubt and concern in his voice.

How amusing. The young half-breed, no older than his newest fingernail, failed to understand the intricacies of court life -and deceit. And who could blame him? His father had chosen to send him to live with his human, lowborn mother.

How sinfully unprepared his father had left him.

"And my mother, and my sister, and my cousins, and even those who call themselves my friends and allies. They all have their own kingdoms and ambitions in their hearts. Only the King has all their kingdoms and ambitions combined in his heart."

"I... think I understand."

Marius smiled. "Do you?"

After a moment's hesitation, he said, "Let's hope I do. Your grandfather sounds like a nightmare."

Marius laughed then, long and heartily. "You have no idea."

"Tell me his name."

"Trigon. King Trigon the White."

****

Kai was pissed at Marius -more so than usual- because the King had failed to warn him enough. He should have said;

"My grandfather is powerful, cruel and dangerous man. I take after him, by the way."

"My grandfather has his own household with his own army because he was the previous king."

"My grandfather wears his own colors -pearl white and sun-gold."

"My grandfather has his own wing in the Palace, separate from the rest."

"My grandfather has a million pets and he's rich enough to own and run a household, but can't afford to dress any of his pets. They're always naked and languishing about, even during formal dinners and visits.."

"My grandfather is a perverted demon -much like myself- hiding behind a Mona Lisa smile."

Kai stared at that very smile in horror. "What did he just ask me to do?" he hissed to Marius in indignation. He was already regretting coming here -not that he'd been given much of a choice.

Kai's eyes quickly swept over King Trigon's household. There were six guards positioned at strategic points in the chamber (mostly near doorways and the dinner table), and a lot of naked pets.

Marius's face hardened and Kai felt the shadow of a chill trail down his spine. In a deceptively-silken voice that belied steel, Marius said to his grandfather, "He will not undress." The King's tone brooked no argument.

Yet his grandfather, probably because he was his grandfather, argued without a hint of fear or self-awareness. "My household does not permit slaves and pets any articles of clothing."

Kai turned his repulsed gaze to Marius's grandfather. Much like his grandson, King Trigon was a handsome merman. And much like his grandson, he didn't look a day over thirty, which made it hard to think of him as anyone's grandfather. Kai had expected someone with a beer belly and graying hair, but was instead faced with an Apollo.

Another version of Marius. He had the same midnight-black hair and cerulean blue eyes, the same high cheekbones that looked like they could cut paper and the same imposing aura that dwarfed all others.

With the two of them standing facing each other, it was like they were two opposing magnets repelling each other, one in black, the other in white.

Merely being in their presence was overwhelming, as if he was standing in an over-pressurized cabin. He almost imagined his ears popping.

The only noticeable difference between the two was that Marius was the taller of the two by a full head. Marius seemed to be taller than a lot of merpeople -and people.

"He is not here as a pet, but as my... guest."

Kai looked at Marius. He couldn't conceal his surprise even if he had tried. Marius looked entirely serious.

Well, well, well. It looked like the Conqueror was serious about the two of them being partners, defending him in front of his grandfather and all. The keyword there was looked.

This could very well be a charade of his to deceive him.

"Is he not your pet?"

Marius's iron mask fell. The dark ugliness within showed itself, twisting the lines of his face. "What do you want, old man? You know very well who he is. You invited him."

How remarkable. Trigon hadn't said much, but he'd pressed Marius's button enough to anger him.

He figured it wouldn't be too much of an assumption to think that there was history between the two of them, considering that Marius had usurped the throne from his grandfather. In fact, it was a wonder how the two of them were still living in the same Palace.

Trigon said, "Yes, I know who he is. Does he?"

And then every single pair of eyes in the chamber was on Kai.

Trigon looked at me expectantly.

Kai opened his mouth to ask, "Do I what?" but then he remembered Marius's warning and clamped his mouth shut. He looked to Marius for, well, instructions. Marius hadn't told him that he'd be asked questions -how was he supposed to keep his mouth shut?!

"How peculiar. It looks like your guest is waiting for your permission to speak." Trigon smiled that terrible Mona Lisa smile that belied -for a lack of better description- sinister intent.

"I warned him that you're a lying snake and not to respond to any of your taunts."

Kai gaped at Marius. If Kai had living grandparents, he'd never dream of speaking to them this way. But then this was the merworld and everything here was different, upside-down. He honestly shouldn't be so surprised.

Trigon grinned, flashing his vampire-looking canines. "I would expect no less of you." And then, as if his grandson hadn't called him a liar to his face, he said, "Come, grandson. Dinner awaits." 

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Clearly this is a healthy family dynamic. 

Thanks for reading, guys! If you'd like to read further, consider joining my Patreon/Ko-fi for exclusive NSFW short stories, side stories and NSFW art, as well as being the first to access the latest chapters, in addition to access to all my other stories! If you like gay mature romances, give my story The Prison a try!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 1.6K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
413K 21.9K 77
"Who are we? Well for starters, this is my prince, my heart, the love of my undead life." "And this is Kai, my guard." ** Despite their lethal bites...
3.6K 505 26
Miles Hoàng's life is perfect. He has the perfect best-friend-slash-boyfriend-slash-bane-of-his-existence, Ziri Meziani. They live in a perfect (if a...
58.6K 2.8K 21
Disclaimer: this is the third instalment of a three part book series. Therefore to get the full story you should read the first two instalments, name...