Hold Me Tight | Taejin

By ruchi_BTS

Jin is a carefree, fun loving and confident cop. He is one of the aces of his station. His life basically rev... More

Chapter 1
Character Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 25

1.8K 153 83
By ruchi_BTS

A/N: Hello my loves, I am finally back with another chapter. I took a little break from writing to take some time out for myself. Thanks for patiently waiting for me during this break. I am really sorry that I didn't inform you earlier. But now that I am finally back, I don't plan on taking break anytime soon. Also a very warm welcome to all my new readers and my new followers. Welcome to the family.

I missed you guys and your sweet comments a lot. I am so glad to be back.

Love ya xx
Ruchi 💜

============================

Author's POV:

Taehyung parked the car at station, then both of them got out.

Jin held Taehyung's hand, Taehyung looked at him in confusion, "Is it okay if we enter together or will they suspect that we are together or something like that?", Jin asked.

Taehyung smiled, "I honestly think they don't care if we enter together or separately. Also Yoongi already knows about us".

Jin's eyes went wide, "What?! Why did you tell him?!".

"Yah! It's okay for you to tell your best friend but I can't do the same with mine?!", Taehyung said.

"It's fine if he knows but what if he tells Hoseok, then the whole station will know for sure. We decided to keep it under wraps, right?", Jin said.

"Yeah I know. Don't worry he won't tell Hoseok. Even though he loves that guy, he still knows Hoseok can be a big blabbermouth", Taehyung said while laughing.

"Alright then, I guess we should enter separately, in order to avoid any suspicion. You go first, I will enter after 2-3 minutes", Jin said while cautiously looking around.

"Alright see you then", Taehyung said as he ruffled Jin's hair. Jin blushed.

After waiting for five minutes, Jin decide to go inside.

"Hey guys!", Jin said while waving at his teammates.

"Hey?", Jungkook responded confusingly.

"I came on time today! Totally alone! But on time!", Jin announced.

"Okay good for you, I guess?", Hoseok said while laughing at Jin's antics.

Taehyung was watching the scene from his cabin, he shook his head and thought, 'Way to make it less obvious'.

Yoongi knocked on Taehyung's door and came inside.

"Why do you even bother to knock, if you are going to come in anyway without my permission", Taehyung said.

"Whatever. Anyways so Jin just announced that he came 'alone', is that right?", Yoongi asked.

"Yeah right, not so great at hiding things", Taehyung said while smiling.

"Anyways don't you dare to tell Hoseok about us yet, okay", Taehyung said.

"Of course not. But now you owe me one", Yoongi said while smirking.

"Yeah whatever", Taehyung said.

"Captain!", Jin said while barging in.

"Well well well, it's Jin. Is that my cue to leave?", Yoongi asked with raised eyebrow.

"No. It's okay. We got a problem", Jin said.

"What problem?", Taehyung asked.

"There's one homicide in our pricinct", Jin said.

"We don't get to have quite morning, do we?", Yoongi said while heading out.

"Let's get going", Taehyung said to Jin, as they went out.

*****
(At the murder location)

There were many people gathered outside the apartment. Taehyung and his team reached inside the apartment while making their way through the crowd.

"The forensics are already here", Jin informed.

One forensic officer named Lee Heechul came to them, "The body has multiple stab wounds, looks like someone desperately wanted a revenge. The body is not really in great condition officers, must have been like this for at least 24 hours", he informed.

"So that means that the murder must have happened yesterday, maybe in morning or afternoon, am I right officer?", Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, that's the possibility. But we can provide the actual time of death only after the autopsy", Heechul replied.

"Alright can we see the body now?", Taehyung asked.

Heechul guided them to the bedroom where the body was found. Taehyung and others followed him there.

Taehyung was the first one to see the body, he saw that body was drenched with blood. He shielded Jin from seeing it. But Jin went forward and examined the body.

Jin was never affected by bloody muder sites, what affected him more was the pain in eyes of people who were left behind, who loved the victim.

"That's not great sight", Yoongi said while looking away.

"You three go talk to the neighbors and to the person who found him first. Jin and I will scan this room for a moment, see if we are able to find anything useful", Taehyung instructed.

Jin carefully scanned the room. He opened the desk drawers to check for some evidence. He found few packets of tablets.

"Captain look at this", Jin said while showing the tablets packets in his hands.

"He was taking anti-anxiety pills", Taehyung said.

"This guy was already anxious about something. I am getting a feeling that the reason of his anxiety is also the reason for his death", Jin said.

"Well then we have to find the reason", Taehyung said. Jin nodded.

"Is there anyone from his family that we can contact?", Taehyung asked.

"No from what I heard, guy had no family, he lived alone", Jin answered.

"So there's no one we can give custody of his body after the autopsy?", Taehyung asked. Jin shook his head.

"That's- that's just unfortunate", Taehyung said.

"Yeah, but we have to find what a guy like him who stayed alone did, that someone had to kill him", Jin said.

"We are gonna find that out soon", Taehyung said while leaving the room.

"Forensics have found nothing with him, neither his phone nor his laptop. Looks like killer deliberately took it with him", Jin said.

"I guess so. What did the neighbours have to say?", Taehyung asked other three standing in front of him.

"Neighbours didn't have much information about this guy. They said he used to go out apparently to his office early and used to come home late. He wasn't really into interacting much with other people", Jungkook replied.

"Alright any information on where he might be working?", Taehyung asked.

"Not yet. We haven't found a single ID in this place", Jin replied.

"So how are we supposed to identify him properly?", Hoseok asked.

"The owner! The owner might be having some ID that he shared when this guy came to live here", Jin said.

"Excellent! Inform the owner and call him to the station with his ID", Taehyung said while smiling at Jin.

Jin smiled back, "Right sir".

"What's with their smiley faces", Hoseok whispered to Yoongi.

"God knows", Yoongi said while smirking.

Jin turned to Jungkook, "Talk to forensics and see if we have any foreign fingerprints in this apartment". Jungkook nodded and left.

"So what now?", Yoongi asked.

"Now we discover his identity and the place where he used to work", Taehyung replied.

"But captain how did he manage to remain mysterious for so long while living here? Literally his neighbours know absolutely nothing about him", Jin asked.

"Some people are just reserved Jin. They tend to keep their lives to themselves. Looks like he was one of them", Taehyung replied.

"Ah! Such people make it so much harder for us", Jin said.

"True. But we have to bring him to justice anyways", Taehyung said.

"Right", Jin said while wrapping his arm around Taehyung's arm without realising. But Taehyung froze, making him snap back to reality. He immediately released the arm.

"I-I will be Hoseok's car", Jin said while quickly trying to escape.

"Why are they separating us?", Yoongi said in annoyed voice.

"Yoongi, just come here already", Taehyung said while glaring at him.

"See you", Hoseok said while getting in his car.

(In Hoseok's car)

"What's up with you two?", Hoseok asked as soon as he got in the car.

"What are you talking about?", Jin asked trying to control his expressions.

"You know, you and captain, both of you are acting a little freaky. Few moments ago, you were all smiley with each other and now you are not ready to sit in the same car?", Hoseok asked with his eyebrow raised.

"You are reading too much into this. I was just bored, that's why I got into your car so that we can talk", Jin said.

"Alright if you say so", Hoseok said.

*****

(At station)

Taehyung was going through some files, when Jin barged inside his cabin.

"What happened?", Taehyung asked while getting up.

"Captain, I think Hoseok might be onto us. He's been staring at me ever since we got back from the crime scene. I barely escaped to come and find you", Jin said while tiredly learning on the table.

"You are saying that Hoseok keeps staring at my boyfriend. I don't think I can approve that", Taehyung said while leaning towards Jin.

"That's not the issue, what if he finds out?", Jin said.

"Well what's the worst thing that can happen if he finds out?", Taehyung asked.

"If he finds out, the whole station will find out! That's the worst thing!", Jin said.

Taehyung placed his hand on Jin's waist and said, "First of all, you need to slow down. I will make sure Hoseok won't have time to investigate about our little secret. Then secondly, I want to have dinner with you today".

"But captain, we have a homicide in our hands, do you think we will get time for dinner?", Jin asked.

"Well we will take some time out for that, don't worry", Taehyung said while pressing a kiss on Jin's forehead, making him blush.

"Stop, it's inappropriate. We are still working", Jin said.

"And do you think it's appropriate to barge into your captain's cabin without his permission and casually leaning against his table? No, right? But we are breaking the rules anyway, so why don't we go all the way", Taehyung said while caressing Jin's cheek.

Jin slightly pushed him away and walking towards the door, "I don't have time, I have to go discover a dead guy's identity as soon as possible. So that I can have a peaceful dinner with my boyfriend". Taehyung smirked as he saw other leaving after whining.

*****

Jungkook knocked on the door, "Captain, guy's landlord is here".

"Alright coming", Taehyung said while getting up.

An old aged man was sitting in the chair at Jin's desk.

"So you are Mr. Park Young-chul, victim's landlord?", Taehyung asked.

"Yes I am. Haein was such a nice boy. Why would someone do such thing to him?", Young-chul said in shaky voice.

"Sir can you please tell us more about him?", Jin asked.

"Yes of course. Jung Haein was a decent boy, who was new here in Seoul. He told me that his hometown was Busan, but he came here for the job. He wasn't a particularly talkative person so I can't tell you much about him. But he was a kind and nice boy, he always paid his rent on time. He never created any problems in my apartment", Young-chul replied.

"Can you please show us the ID card that he provided? Also do you have any idea where he used to work?", Jin asked.

"Here you go", Young-chul said while handing the ID card copy to Jin.

"He didn't really mention the name of the place where he used to work. But he did say that it was a big company, poor guy was really excited when he got the job", Young-chul explained.

"Did he mention anything about his family? Someone we can contact?", Jin asked.

"No he never did. I think he didn't have anyone here in Seoul. Poor guy was always alone", Young-chul replied.

"Alright thanks Young-chul shi, you can go now. We will call you if we need anymore information", Taehyung said.

After Young-chul left, Jin turned to Taehyung, "That wasn't very helpful either. How are we supposed to find more about this guy, just on the basis of his name?".

Taehyung's eyes lit up, "Social media! Check if this guy had an account on any social media platform. If he does then we can get a great lead on the basis of the photos he posted or was tagged in".

"Right sir! I will go and check immediately!", Hoseok said while leaving.

Jin sighed as he sat back down on his seat, Taehyung went to him and placed his hand on Jin's, "What's the matter?".

"The matter is that I don't know why a nice young middle class guy had to die such a painful death. I mean who even can be his enemy? This just doesn't makes sense", Jin said.

"Jin"

"Yes?", Jin looked up at Taehyung.

"You need to stop getting emotionally involved in every case we get. Our part of job is to bring justice to the victims. If we get too much involved, we will be taking important decisions based on emotions which can be dangerous, okay?", Taehyung said while patting Jin's hand.

Jin nodded hesitantly, "Okay".

Then Taehyung left to his cabin, "I am not gonna forgive that person who did this", Jin said to himself.

*****

"Sir, I found one social media account matching Jung Haein's details. It's not a private account but as you can see there aren't many posts on this page. This guy mustn't be a big fan of social media", Hoseok said as he entered in Taehyung's cabin.

"Great. At least we found something. Is there any hint about where his workplace might be?", Taehyung asked.

"Yes. It was really hard to notice but there was one picture that he was tagged in a few months ago, by someone who is supposedly his colleague. In that if we zoom in on their IDs, it says SHINHWA corporations", Hoseok answered.

"Isn't that one of the big organizations  in Korea?", Taehyung asked.

"Yes sir, it is. Young chul-shi did say that it was a big company where Haein was working", Hoseok said.

Taehyung nodded, "You are right, we need to go check this organisation and see if we can get anything useful for our case. Convey this information to Jin, Yoongi and Jungkook, tell them that we are leaving in 10 minutes. Let's go visit SHINHWA corporations".

Hoseok nodded and left.

*****

Taehyung went outside the station to his car, where he saw Jin standing in front of the car waiting for him.

"Hey, you need to slow down. Didn't I just send Hoseok with the information?", Taehyung asked.

"I came out as soon as I heard. I figured we have to hurry if we want to catch up with the employees before their working hours are over", Jin said.

"Yes we do. But we also need time to breathe, so slow down", Taehyung said while looking at his currently hyper boyfriend.

"Really? Are you sure you want to slow down? I mean the faster we solve this case the faster we will get to spend some quality time together", Jin said with not so innocent smile plastered on his face.

Taehyung cleared his throat, "Yeah I think we should speed things up. Yoongi! Hoseok! Let's get going".

Jin shook his head while smiling. Jungkook walked towards them. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, "What?".

"What? I am coming with you guys. I can't stay in Yoongi's car. Those two are always casually flirting, it makes me want to throw myself out of the car", Jungkook answered.

"But-", Taehyung was about to protest when Jin said while ruffling Jungkook's hair, "Alright Jk, you are riding with us then". Taehyung silently went inside the car and slammed the door shut behind him.

After sometime in the car with no one uttering a word, Jungkook decided to break the silence, "So homicide huh? Our job is never going to let us rest, right?".

"Jungkook, you don't need to feel the awkward silence with more awkward conversation", Taehyung said.

"It's not awkward when it's just me and Jin. It's you we are awkward around", Jungkook mumbled slowly.

"What did you just say?!", Taehyung said while looking behind at Jungkook as he was shooting glares in his direction.

"Hey! Eyes on the road!", Jin said as he moved Taehyung's face back to the front and caressed his hair. Taehyung stifled a smile and kept driving.

'Since when captain started listening so much to Jin', Jungkook thought as he leaned back in his seat. The rest of the ride went silently with some stolen glances and secret touches when Jungkook was not looking.

*****

(At SHINHWA CORPORATIONS)

After entering inside the company, a receptionist stopped them, "How can I help you sir?".

"We are here to talk to your CEO about something important", Jungkook said.

"Have you scheduled an appointment to meet the CEO? If not then I am afraid I will have to ask you to leave. Come again with an appointment", receptionist answered.

"Is this enough?", Jungkook showed her the police badge.

"Oh sir, I am really sorry. Currently our CEO is in a meeting, he will be done shortly. Until then can you please wait?", Receptionist asked.

Jungkook turned to Taehyung, "Captain, she is saying that he is in a meeting right now. He will be done soon, then we can talk to him".

"Alright then, until then we can talk to her and other employees if they know anything about Haein", Taehyung said.

"Excuse me, can you please check if this person named Jung Haein used to work here or not?", Jungkook asked the receptionist while showing her Haein's picture. She paused for a second after looking at his picture. But then she immediately regained her composure, "Uh- yes sir, he looks familiar. Let me check in my records", she said as she buried her face in the computer screen.

"Yes sir, he used to work here", she said.

"What do you mean used to?", Taehyung asked while stepping forward.

"I meant, he was fired last month", receptionist replied.

"For what reason?", Taehyung asked.

"I am sorry sir, I have no idea about the details", she replied hesitantly.

"Alright then, we will ask his colleagues", Taehyung said while stepping away from the desk.

Receptionist just slowly nodded her head and went back to her work.

"Jungkook and Yoongi, we have to talk to as many employees as we can. There has to be someone who can tell us the exact reason why Haein was fired. Jin and I will have a chat with their CEO", Taehyung said.

"Hoseok, you should try to find out how this company is performing in market, and if there are any controversies out in the market regarding this company. I just feel that something's not right here", Jin said while looking around. Hoseok nodded in agreement.

Jungkook and Yoongi left to check with employees.

"How long will we have to wait for this CEO to be done with the meeting?", Jin asked.

"Not long", Taehyung said while pointing at the conference room door opening in front of them.

Bunch of people came out of that meeting room, followed by an older looking guy who was being greeted by everyone before they left.

"I guess that's our CEO", Jin said.

Taehyung and Jin went straight towards him, "Mr. Kang Ji-suk, can we have some of your time to talk? ", Taehyung asked.

"May I ask who are you two gentlemen?", Ji-Suk asked.

"We are from Seoul Metropolitan police agency. This is Lieutenant Kim Seokjin and I am captain Kim Taehyung", Taehyung introduced them.

"Oh welcome officer. Please tell me how can I help you?", Ji-Suk asked.

"We wanted to talk about one of your ex-employees named Jung Haein", Jin explained.

"Jung Haein? I don't really recollect him much, if it's possible can you please show me his picture?", Ji-Suk asked.

Jin controlled himself from rolling eyes and then extended his mobile containing the picture.

"Oh yes I remember this young man", Ji-Suk said.

"You do?", Jin asked.

"Yes-"

"Sir I am sorry to interrupt but you have an important conference call in few minutes", one girl said as she came towards the CEO.

Jin's eyes went wide as he saw the girl. He looked at Taehyung, who nodded.

"I am sorry dear, first I will finish my conversation with these officers and then I will join you", Ji-Suk said.

"Alright sir", girl bowed at the CEO and was about to leave.

"Excuse me miss-?", Jin stopped her.

"Hyeri", the girl answered.

"Ms. Hyeri can you please wait for us outside, I might have a few questions for you too", Jin said.

Hyeri immediately looked at the CEO, as if she was seeking his approval. Ji-Suk nodded in her direction and said, "Hyeri tell them each and everything in detail, okay?". Hyeri nodded slightly before leaving.

"So where was I? Yes. I know this boy. He used to work here, but was fired because of his inappropriate behaviour", Ji-Suk continued.

"What kind of inappropriate behaviour?", Jin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He wasn't behaving appropriately with female staff members in my organization. One day he tried to take advantage of one female employee, later when it was revealed. We fired him immediately. We always prioritise our employee's safety and comfort", Ji-Suk answered.

"Can you please reveal which staff member he tried to take advantage of?" Taehyung asked.

"I am sorry, I have to keep it private for that employee's sake. Now if all your questions are answered, I will take my leave", with that Ji-Suk left.

"Do you really think Haein must have done something like that?", Jin asked while looking at Taehyung.

"We never know Jin. Right now we can't guarantee anything, we can't guarantee that Haein was the kind of guy he told us but neither can we guarantee that he was not that kind of guy. So let's base our opinions on facts instead of what we hear from people", Taehyung said. Jin nodded, "You are right".

"I will go talk to Hyeri. I think we might get something from her", Jin said.

"Alright go ahead. I will go talk to Jungkook and Yoongi", Taehyung said.

Jin went outside where he saw Hyeri was sitting on a bench, probably waiting for him. Her body language was tense.

"Hey, Hyeri right? I am Kim Seokjin. We spoke earlier", Jin introduced himself.

"Y-yes sir. How can I help you?", Hyeri asked.

"I wanted to talk about Jung Haein", Jin said.

"What about him?", She asked.

"How was he as a person and if he was suffering through any problems", Jin asked.

"Why are you asking me about him? He was fired from our company because he tried to take advantage of a female employee, doesn't that explain almost everything about him?", Hyeri answered.

"No it doesn't. Just because everyone thinks he was like that, doesn't mean he really was that kind of person. At least you should really know that", Jin said.

"What- do you mean?", She asked.

"What I mean is that I know you two were friends. I saw your picture together, where you tagged him. So Hyeri why do you think that your friend might have actually done something like that?", Jin asked.

"He was NOT my friend. I don't know what picture you are talking about, it might be taken when I didn't know how he was as a person in reality", Hyeri said.

"Are you sure about that? Because later even if you want to take those words back you won't be able to. Because Haein is dead", Jin said.

Hyeri's expressions changed, now she was in shock. She tightly squeezed on the side of her skirt as if she was trying to hold lot emotions within her.

"Why? If he was not your friend and he was such a disgusting person, why do you care if he is alive or dead?", Jin ask coldly.

"I-I don't care. I have to go sorry", with that she stormed away from Jin.

Jin sighed, "I think you do".

*****

Jin went back to where Taehyung was standing with others.

"Hey did you get anything useful from her?", Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, I am almost certain that CEO was lying about what he told to us about Haein. Hyeri said the same thing but I could see that she was hesitant and when I told her that Haein is no longer with us, I could see that she cared", Jin replied.

"But even if CEO is lying, then is every other employee in company also lying?", Jungkook asked.

"What do you mean?", Jin asked.

"Every single person had a look of hatred while talking about Haein. All of them said the same thing as the Kang Ji-Suk. But other than hatred there were other two emotions that I noticed among them, they were either fear or guilt. Whenever we asked them, who was the girl that Haein tried to take advantage of, they kept quiet", Jungkook explained.

"I don't think these people are going to talk to us freely about Haein or that girl. We have to plant an insider in this company, who can actually get some things out of these people", Taehyung said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Hoseok came towards the group, Taehyung turned to him, "Ah yes Hoseok. What did you find?".

"Nothing"

"What?", Taehyung asked.

"I found nothing. This company's reputation is totally clean in market. Even it's competitors respect it. There's not a single scandle or whatsoever about this company. It's records are totally clean. I don't know on what basis can we even doubt this company", Hoseok explained.

"Great! Just great", Taehyung said while rubbing the bridge of his nose tiredly. Jin slowly rubbed his arm on Taehyung's back without anyone noticing. Taehyung gave him a small smile.

*****

(Back at station)

"Captain we have planted one of our men in that company. He will be back with information by tomorrow", Jungkook said.

"Alright. Good. Until then try to find if there's anything suspicious in call records of Haein's contact number that his landlord provided us", Taehyung instructed.

"We also need to monitor the CCTV footage of that day from cameras located near Haein's building as his building doesn't have one", Jin added.

"Right", Hoseok said.

"That's all for now", Taehyung said as he dismissed everyone.

*****

"Captain"

"Captain?"

"Taehyung!"

"Yes! What?", Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts as Jin called him.

"Let's go have dinner, it's late", Jin said.

"Dinner? Really? Do I have to get up and go out?", Taehyung asked tiredly.

"No", Jin answered.

"What? Seriously?", Taehyung asked with wide eyes.

"Yes. I saw that you looked tired, more mentally than physically. So I figured since everyone's already left, why not have our dinner here instead of going out. So I ordered our food here", Jin said while sitting down beside Taehyung.

Taehyung placed his head on Jin's shoulder, "You really have your way to make me fall for you more and more".

Jin blushed, "See there are so many perks of having me as a boyfriend".

"Trust me you don't have to convince me about that", Taehyung said as he pulled Jin's face towards him and placed his lips on Jin's.

Jin pulled back in panick, "We are still in station! What if someone sees us?!".

"At this point, I honestly don't care", Taehyung said while pulling other back in their kiss. Jin giggled through the kiss as Taehyung slipped a hand underneath his shirt.

Both of them realised, how much they needed each other and these small small moments to cheer up at the end of their very tiring to day.

=============================
A/N: Here you go! I hope you liked it. Sorry for making you all wait for so long. But now I am here, thanks for waiting for me and giving my stories so much support. I couldn't wish for more understanding set readers than you guys. I love you guys so much. Stay tuned for next updates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 10.4K 68
Seokjin is a new exchange student and Taehyung is the most popular guy in the school. Both of their lives are very different from each other so let's...
3.6K 460 13
*For TaeJincember 2021 collection* The story of a young retired army officer Seokjin, who joins his father's school as a teacher to save it from clos...
225K 10.5K 50
(Completed) Kim Taehyung and Jeon jungkook both college students have a small crush on each other from the very first time they met but just love bic...
131K 7.5K 53
Min Yoongi the infamous mafia boss, ruthless, with a life-threatening secret. Jimin, the undercover cop, who doesn't know how similar their fates are...