A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!šŸ™„
Chapter 8. Party?!
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'
Chapter 82. *Ping.*

Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'

283 31 15
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

Continuing from where we left.

Thank you!
Happy reading!
:)

• • •

At Vihaan's House 🏘 :
(In ths Study Room)

"Oh हाँ! अच्छा याद दिलाया। I'm sure you already know that the teams have come back with the CCTV footages and whatever they have found from New York.-"

[ Translation : "Oh yes! Nice reminder." ]

"Just New York?" Tej interrupts.

"The teams have come with only New York data. The other teams who went to places where she has lived other than New York said that it will take another 1 or 2 months to collect all the data from those places for which we are sending more teams to make sure the work is done as soon as possible. But! We won't focus on that for now." Vineet informs them.

The trio frowns hearing his last words. Vihaan opens his mouth but Vineet shows his finger,

"Listen to me first. We will focus on the investigation only ones the kids' exams are over because I want everything to settle down before we start to sort out the mess. Otherwise it will only raise questions and tension everywhere. Also, Krish has no idea about Nishi's situation. And I don't want to create misunderstandings in hurry like that day earlier." Vineet says calmly.

"I'm sorry, Dad." Comes Vihaan's low apology.

Vineet sighs saying, "It's okay, Champ. I'm no longer upset with you. So, stop apologizing. But please, have a little more patience. Please? For your Mini? You don't want her to be more stressed when she already has a lot to cover and then her exams, right?"

"Right. And till then, Krish and Nishu both will be able to spend some time together, to get to know each other." Kirti says with a smile.

Vihaan still sulks silently while Tej comes and pats his back. He puts his arm around his brother's neck saying, "I'll take care of this cry baby, Dad. Don't worry." Vihaan elbows him earning a chuckle from Kirti and Vineet while Tej smirks and winks at Vihaan.

"Now that you know everything, I'm sure you know we need to be very very careful. So, from now onwards I don't want you to take any action without my or any of your elders' knowledge. Okay?" Vineet asks sternly earning nods. If only he knew how far they have come already. . .

*

Morning comes with a bright smile on it's face bringing a big smile on Karuna's face who was serving breakfast to her husband and kids while humming happily. Vihaan and Vineet exchange happy smiles while Nishi was sulking in her seat narrowing her eyes at her mother.

Tej, Vihaan and Kirti decided to first tell Mrityunjay about Krish and the mess after their meeting with their father last night. They know, only he can handle the situation better. Mrityunjay was beyond shocked when he got to know about Krish. He was upset about the situation with the elders now. But right now, he knows he needs to take care of the mess wisely.

So, Mrityunjay decided to call for an emergency family meeting at Tej's house after dropping the kids for the college and all were hell confused at his message about the meeting and kept asking what happened. But Mrityunjay just ordered to get on time. They were scared and worried if Mrityunjay found something new now and right now all are waiting for the school to start so that they can commence the meeting.

"I just began attending school and you told me to not to go today and help you to see the preparations just because some guests are coming. That's not fair, Mom!" Nishi whines complaining. Vineet bites his smile seeing this scene for the first time in his life. He missed this.

"एक दिन की तो बात है। वैसे भी, खास लोग हैं।" Karuna says smiling brightly while humming and pulls her daughter's cheeks with happiness and goes back in the kitchen to bring the juice jar.

[ Translation : "It's just a matter of one day. Anyway, they are special people." ]

Vihaan and Vineet were unable to stop their smiles seeing her so happy. Nishi was staring at her mother dumbly while rubbing her cheeks and comments helping herself with some juice just as Karuna comes back, "Is there any alliance for Bhai?"

Vihaan's smile drops and the mother laughs seeing her son's face while Vineet chuckles. He naarows his eyes at his sister who asks confusedly, "What? A mother gets this much happier only two times in life, one when her son falls in love and two when he leaves his love . . . .for her."

Vihaan laughs with his father at her words while her mother hits her head lightly with a glare and the daughter winks at her.

"Come on, now tell me who is coming?" She asks looking at her mother who sits down.

"No." The mother shakes her head and starts humming again.

"Someone is so happy today but is denying to tell me the वजह (reason), I see. What's the वजह (reason), Mom?" Nishi whines again.

Karuna grins widely and says patting her cheek playfully, "You will know the वजह (reason) in today's afternoon, my baby."

Nishi sighs and yawns nodding, tired of asking the same thing.

"Looks like you didn't get good sleep last night." Karuna comments serving breakfast.

"I fell on the floor in midnight in sleep. So, feeling tired." Nishi says yawning.

"What?" Karuna asks while Vihaan frowns hearing that and the father stops in mid way of taking his first bite of his breakfast and frowns at his daughter's words.

"Why you didn't tell me earlier? Did you get hurt?" Vihaan asks with the frown.

"Yeah. My eyes are hurting because I saw you proposing Avni in the nightmare." Nishi says pouting.

He rolls his eyes while Karuna laughs again but Vineet was staring at his daughter in silence.

"I'm serious, Mini." Vihaan says sternly.

"Chill! Unlike you, I exercise. So, I'm good." She says picking uo her juice glass and smirks at him while he gives her a sarcastic smile and replies, "Unlike you, I go to gym in the early morning."

They continue having their breakfast.

"You should do Yoga more instead of joining Gym. Gym makes muscles but Yoga not just makes you biologically healthier but also mentally and emotionally healthy." Nishi taunts and suggests at the same time.

"हैं ना (Right)? I told him the same thing but he is like, "Mom, you know nothing."" Karuna says looking at her daughter while mimicking her son. Vihaan looks at his mother copying him while Karuna says, "Listen to your sister. She is right."

"And that's why," Nishi pauses and says looking at her brother, "Let's have a healthy morning tomorrow, together on the roof."

"Can't or the girls in our neighborhood will fall for me." He says with a wink.

"So full of yourself." Nishi comments rolling her eyes and goes back to her breakfast while Karuna chuckles.

Vihaan smiles having his breakfast thinking how his siblings will react when they will meet each other? He was so excited and Vineet chuckles seeing his son's smile never vanishing his face but the fear of her reaction did not leave Vineet and he steals a glance of his silently eating daughter. The father takes a deep breath nodding at himself, 'It will be alright.'

* * *

At the College 🏫 :

"Why is Nishu absent today? All okay?" Vaani asks Varun who shrugs not knowing.

Garima thinks saying, "It's games day and she never takes leave during games days."

"She never misses school except for health issues." Antrika reminds.

Shanaya was going to ask something but then their teacher, Mitesh Sir comes in with two students who come and stand near the teacher's table quietly while the class stands up and wishes them staring at the two students. The teacher commands the class to sit down and says just as they sit exchanging looks, "So, students! I know you all must be surprised to see these two new students. Let me tell you that this year we have some late new admissions not only in our school but also in the college and it's not something new you should be surprised at because it happens in every two to three years."

"How the hell did they get admission at this time?" Antrika whispers bewildered.

"Money and contacts make things easier." Garima mutters earning nods.

The class nods in understanding making their homeroom teacher say further while looking at the two students, "Kids, please introduce yourselves."

The two new students nod. The new teenage boy gestures the teenage girl to go first. The girl comes forward and says standing attentively with a polite smile, "Good morning, everyone! Myself Kavya Khurrana. I just got a transfer from my school to here due to my father's sudden transfer to this town. My father, Mr. Jagdish Khurrana is a Civil engineer and my mother, Mrs. Kanika Khurrana runs a pickle shop because she loves pickle more than food." The class chuckles with the teacher. "My brother Krish Khurrana is in the commerce section in this school. I like to read books, spending time with my friends. But I also love to go out often with my friends. I love to play Tennis and watching sports and movies. I like Scrapbooking in my me time and Cycling with my friends. I hope we get along well. Thank you."

They clap ones she finishes earning smiles.

"She seems nice." Shanaya comments smiling at the girl while clapping and Vaani nods looking at the new students.

Then comes the teenage boy who stands straight and says introducing himself, "Good morning, everyone! I am Sumit Ratnakar. I am a single child in my small family. My father, Mr. Anup Ratnakar is also a civil engineer. And my mother, Mrs. Vaishnavi Ratnakar works with Kavya's mother in making pickle. I'm an extrovert. I love going on trips with my friends and love cricket the most. Chemistry is my favourite subject. Hiking, Baking and Fishing are the only things I wait for after a long week. I hope we all get along well. Thank you. And yeah, I hate doing assignments but I guess we can't help it." He shrugs.

The students giggle hearing his words and Varun chuckles with Chaitanya while the teacher comments, "This one quality matches well with the class."

The class laughs along with the new students.

"He is handsome!" Garima and Vaani shake their heads at Shanaya's words.

"Alright! So, Varun and Garima will help you around the college. It's big and you both are new here. So, don't go anywhere or you may get lost. There are some places which are only for the staff and the teachers but are restricted for the students." The teacher guides.

Kavya and Sumit nod in understanding.

"So, welcome to the class." The two new students smile gratefully which the teacher returns. Then Mitesh Sir looks around for any empty seats. "Nishi didn't come today?" He asks frowning slightly.

"No, Sir." Antrika answers.

"She doesn't get absent specially on games days." The teacher mutters to himself earning nods. Then he looks up at Antrika and says, "Anyways. Antrika, beta for today be Kavya's partner and help her out throughout the day with Garima. Raise your hand." Antrika nods raising her hand and Kavya leaves to sit with her sharing a smile and earning an excited 'Hi!' from Antrika which she returns politely.

"And, Sumit, you will sit with Chaitanya today because his partner is also absent today." Sumit nods. Then he turns to Chaitanya who raises his hand making Sumit come and sit with him sharing a professional smile and Mr. Mitesh says, "Chaitanya and Varun will help you today. And Varun, make sure to tell Babu bhaiya to bring an extra bench to our class." Both students nod in understanding and offer a welcoming smile to Sumit.

"Where are you from?" Varun asks opening his book.

"Si-" Sumit shakes his head realising what he was about to say and says taking out his book, "Shillong."

"Whoa! Nice." Advik says from behind.

"Trust me, it's not that nice." Sumit says opening his book.

"Why?" Rishi asks from beside Chaitanya.

"You can't predict when it will rain." Sumit says and earning chuckles.

"I love rain." Advik says smiling to himself.

"You will start hating at the uncertainty of rain." Sumit says and Advik chuckles while Mitesh Sir starts the lesson.

* * *

In The Commerce Class 📕 :

"I can't believe we have three new students at this time." Emelia whispers to her friends from the back seat while taking notes.

"What's there to not believe? They are late students. It's not a big deal. When we were in 9th, we had 8 late admissions. It happens." Akriti mutters writing.

"Yeah." Nia nods.

"I feel bad for this guy. I hope his allergy gets better soon, so that we can see his handsome face. His friend is so handsome, no?" Emelia says smiling at Krish dreamily who was taking notes wearing black goggles, a cap and a face mask just like his father told him. Shivika and Anjali facepalm at her words while others sigh.

"Idiot! You should say it's too hot! How is he bearing this hot weather under that mask? I still remember quarantine days. Ugh!" Mia says fanning herself earning horrified nods.

"Did Nish got late today or what? I didn't see her in the assembly hall." Arika says copying Nikki's notes due to her beautiful hand writing because she doesn't understand her teacher's hand writing.
[ Author : 🥹 I can feel her pain. ]

"She must have gotten late. It's games day. And we know she is crazy for that." Anjali chirps earning silent chuckles.

"That new girl was asking about her." Mia says writing.

"Who? Piyali?" Nikita whispers while looking at the board straight.

"Yup. I doubt if she is interested in our Nish." Mia says earning silent laughs.

"Who is laughing?" The teacher asks shutting their mouths. "Please, work quietly guys." The teacher says coolly writing on the board.

"If that's the case then I guess Nish is going to be mingle soon." Nia whispers snickering silently and high fives with Akriti without making any sound.

"And we are getting a Bhabhi (Sister-in-law) instead of Jiju (Brother-im-law)." They cover their mouths and down their heads laughing silently at Nikita's words.

'Wow! These girls are having so much fun! I miss you Kavi!' Ananya thinks pouting as she takes notes looking at Nikki and her friends who were having fun while copying the notes.

Ayaan raises his brows seeing Ananya pout who shakes her head and goes back to her work making him shake his head. He knows well she is missing Kavya.

* * *

At Anshuman's House 🏡 :

Everything was ready. The house was cleaned completely in time in the morning already under Karuna and Anuradha's guidance. The decorations were done too with Nishi's help who did not even know who is all this for. The kitchen is also ready to be used. The staff also left with only Raghav and his team behind in the guest house outside the house.

Right now, Nishi is trying to decorate the living room's left wall with balloons with the help of a tape when she hears a chirpy female voice, "May I help you, Miss?"

The teenager turns back only to find Kaira standing with a bright smile making Nishi ask as she jumps down from the wooden table, "Oh! You are here? Suddenly?"

Kaira says pouting at her, "Looks like you are not happy seeing me here."

"Oh, stop this drama! Off course, that's not the thing. I mean, that was unexpected." Nishi says resting her hands on her waist while turning back to look at the just dressed wall full of colourful clusters of three balloons of blue, pink and white colors. She looks at the spots where else the clusters of balloons are needed.

"Actually, Aunty invited me and your ice-cream man also told me to come here and help you with the remaining preparations." Nishi nods at her with a smile hearing ice-cream man. "Where is everyone?" She asks looking around the empty house.

"I don't know. मुझे कहा कि preparations देखो till then we will come back soon and तब से एक घंटा हो गया एंड किसी का कोई अता-पता नहीं है। सब लापता हैं। मुझे चूना लगाकर चले गए।" Nishi says walking towards the only remaining wall near the kitchen to paste the clusters of 3 balloons while pulling the small table earning a chuckle from Kaira who helps her pulling the table and Nishi says, "Anyways, now that you are here. Help me with the adhesive dots. Cut them and hand them to me one by one when I ask." Kaira nods taking the scissor and adhesive dots from her while Nishi stands on the wooden table.

[ Translation : "I don't know. Told me to look at the preparations till then we will come back soon and an hour has passed since then and there is no trace of anyone. Everyone is missing. They defrauded me and left." ]

"Why don't you use the stair ladder?" Kaira asks.

"Who will move it again and again? That will take a lot of time." Nishi says, then says looking down at her, "Not much space on a stair ladder." Kaira nods in understanding.

They both were working when they hear a manly yet moody voice, "Done with the decorations?"

The girls look back and Kaira freezes and her heart starts thumping in her chest loudly seeing Abhishek out of nowhere there. Abhishek stops dead in his tracks finding her there which was unexpected for him too. He couldn't look away as he looks into the same beautiful eyes which he has been waiting for from last few days to come into view again. His sulky mood automatically turns back to normal for a few seconds when his heart smiles beating fastly matching Kaira's heart's pace.

A smile was knocking on their lips but then they hear a voice, "What a pleasant surprise वकील साहब (Advocate Sir)?"

The teenager's voice make them aware that they are not alone. Kaira turns back and cuts a sticky dot when Nishi speaks up looking around the wall to find a perfect spot to paste a cluster of three balloons, "You are also here? क्या हुआ? Half day था या दुकान बंद हो गई?"

[ Translation : "You are also here? What happened? Was it a half day or your shop closed?" ]

He pokes his inner left cheek with his tongue at her words while Kaira wanted to laugh. He hates it when someone calls his work as a shop. "For your kind information, I'm an advocate, not a drug smuggler, okay? And you better don't call my work place a दुकान (shop) ever again." Abhishek says with a serious face while walking towards them looking at the balloons in Nishi's hands.

"Okay." Nishi says seriously looking around the wall as she takes the adhesive dot from Kaira's hands and asks, "मॉल बंद हो गया तुम्हारा?"

[ Translation : "Is your mall closed?" ]

Kaira almost laughed but she tries not to, hiding her face. Just as she looks back, she finds Abhishek with folded hands looking at her with blaming eyes making her break into laughter. Nishi looks down at the duo trying to understand the reason of her sudden crazy laugh and his burning gaze at her but she goes back to her work not caring.

Abhishek would have gotten angry if it was someone else but it's Kaira who is laughing which only makes him smile. She was giggling when suddenly he comes closer and kisses her forehead making her stop her giggle feeling homely all of a sudden. She missed this, she can't lie. He comes near her ear and whispers, "I missed your smile, my Clumsy Girl."

Her heart tingles hearing 'My Clumsy Girl' from him after years. Abhishek smiles softly going back on his spot. Before she could react, she hears a voice, "वो ब्लू वाला देना?"

[ Translation : "Give me that blue one." ]

Kaira looks up dumbly at Nishi who repeats her words gesturing towards a blue balloon on the floor near her feet, "Blue balloon."

But Kaira doesn't reply. She looks back at Abhishek and blinks dumbly with her racing heart. Nishi makes a face but before she could repeat her words, Abhishek hands her the blue balloon as he picks it up from the floor hiding his smile and stands back innocently on his spot looking up at Nishi who was engrossed in her work.

Kaira was still looking at him. When he looks at her, she looks away with crimson cheeks and stands near the wooden table a bit far away from him for safe side. Abhishek smiles trying not to laugh and looks at Nishi asking, "Do you need help?"

"No. I'm almost done. Dots?" She asks stretching out her hand towards Kaira. This breaks Kaira's blushing chain and she hands her three sticky dots.
"What's with you, today? So distracted I see." Nishi asks Kaira taking the dots.

"No. It's your imagination." Kaira says lowly and Nishi stares at her while Abhishek laughs.

Nishi sighs going back to her work while shaking her head not understanding the duo. Abhishek winks at Kaira who looks away with a flushed face. "What's with your friends? Did something happen?" Abhishek looks up at the teenager who clears his confusion asking for another cluster of balloons, "K, Ro, Ariv and Vihaan Bhai, they all are behaving weirdly these days too. Most of the times silent. कुछ हुआ है?"

[Translation : "Did something happen?" ]

Abhishek looks at the cluster as he picks it up but the pink and white balloons burst in his hands making the ramining blue one to fall on the floor. He does not look up muttering, "Sorry. I'll get another one."

Nishi gives him a look while he takes out a white and pink balloon from the packet kept on the edge of the table and starts filling air in the white one and Kaira helps with the pink one. She could see through him and her face falls seeing his sudden upset eyes knowing the reason well.

"So?" Nishi asks again waiting for them to fill the balloons.

"Nothing. The officers are after a murderer who is challenging them and about your brother, you know his mood swings. Hard to understand." The advocate says in a monotonous tone and fills the balloon without looking at the teenager. Only he knows how he is controlling his anger remembering Bhishma's words.

Nishi chuckles. "और तुम्हे क्या हुआ अचानक? आवाज़ कहाँ चली गई तुम्हारी?" She asks when he starts knotting the balloon while Kaira looks between the duo tying her pink balloon with the blue one.

[ Translation : "And what happened to you suddenly? Where has your voice gone?" ]

Abhishek hands her the balloon. Kaira takes it and binds the three balloons together while he mutters staring at the balloons in her hands, "Tired."

Nishi stares at the advocate who was laughing seconds ago and now he is claiming he is tired. She does not say anything but takes the cluster from Kaira's hands quietly and then the adhesive dots.

"खुश रहा करो। ये सड़ी-सी स्माइल face पर मत रखा करो। नेगेटिव vibes pass होती हैं दूसरों को।" Nishi says sticking the sticky dots on the wall to paste the balloons on them.

[ Translation : "Be happy. Don't put that rotten smile on your face. Negative vibes are passed on to others." ]

'Is that why you keep that ugly smile on your face 24/7?' He thinks staring at her back wanting to snap at her. Kaira nudges him and he stands straight changing his expressions to dead. Kaira knows everything. Her brother (Ishaan) told her last night. And all she could do was trying to understand this kids' patience level with life.

"Wow! No taunt my way today? Baby Brother is learning to behave?" Nishi asks in amusement taking another cluster of balloons from Kaira's hands.

"Off course, Baby. After all, you're teaching me." Nishi stops in the middle of her work and looks down at him. He was giving her a flirty smile while she gives him a blank look. Kaira laughs seeing Nishi's face.

"Don't Baby me, Advocate! I'm not your girlfriend!" She snaps going back to her work.

"So what? We can date. I'm sure your brothers will not mind. They know me since childhood." Abhishek suggests playfully, his mood turning light and winks at a smiling Kaira whose smile vanishes getting the double meaning.

'My brother might kick your a** if he found out.' Kaira thinks and shakes her head thinking, 'What am I thinking?'

"Date? और तुम्हे? तुम्हारा तो पड़ा अचार भी सड़ जाये ऐसी तो शक्ल बनाए घूमते हो।" Nishi comments and Kaira laughs loudly while Abhishek takes the news paper from the dinning table, rolls it and hits Nishi's bum.

[ Translation : "Date? And you? You keep walking around with such a look that even pickle made up of you might rot." ]

Nishi chuckles saying, "सच्चाई अक्सर कड़वी होती है। हैं ना, Kaira?"

[ Translation : "The truth is often bitter. Isn't it, Kaira?" ]

"I guess so." Kaira says earning an amused look from Abhishek and she giggles. He smirks out of the blue and steals a kiss from her cheek. Kaira looks at Nishi with wide eyes whose back was facing them and then glares at the Advocate with a dark glow.

The work gets done within ten minutes with their help. The entire time, Abhishek would wink at Kaira who would look away angrily but he only smiles finding it cute. He missed her like hell. Only he knows how he controlled himself from not crushing her into his warm hug which is her favorite.

Nishi jumps down getting their attention and sighs with relief. "I guess, my doctor brother said something." Nishi looks at him confusedly just like Kaira. "Didn't he say, no jumping at all?" Abhishek asks raising an eyebrow at him.

Nishi rolls her eyes saying, "Whatever! I'm getting the refreshments. Till then, sit and please have fun in our hospitality and stop baby sitting me."

She leaves them alone as she goes to wash her face and hands. Just as she leaves, Abhishek pulls Kaira holding her hand making her gasp. She hits his chest directly and looks up only to find him smiling softly at her like old times. "Are you still mad at me?" He asks softly pushing her hair away from her face gently.

She looks away saying lowly with a frown trying to control her running heart, "You could have done better. But you didn't. You didn't try enough and bhaiya and I had to pay the price."

The Advocate's heart sinks hearing her words. "You know, he planned it. We were kids, Kaira. I was clueless about what I should do. And it's not like I never tried." His last words make her look at him. He caresses her cheek with his thumb softly and says looking into her eyes directly, "Like I said earlier in the party, I tried to talk to them many times but they were never ready to listen to me. And the way your brother left, that surely made me more angry. It upset me. I was disappointed in him because he just left. I wanted to talk to him after we found Nikki. But then, we got the news that he already left. What could I do? What would you do? You tell."

She looks into his eyes only to find honesty. She knows well that this man is everything but not a liar. She sighs creating distance between them which makes him sad. He missed her to the Saturn and back. "Why didn't you tell me earlier when we were talking about this four years ago?" She asks frowning.

"Because you called me a liar. And you know that I may be an angry Hulk but not a liar. But I regret that I didn't control my anger that day and let you go away so easily." He says with honesty.

She frowns and asks angrily, "Oh really? Then what was that in the market when we met?" He remembers what he said and his gaze softens at her seeing her eyes turning moist. Her voice cracks up saying, "You said, you made a mistake by helping me that day to catch that thief who snatched my purse and ran away. You regret our first meeting?!" She asks with hurt only to make him look at her softly with guilt filled eyes. She gulps hardly and looks away.

After few minutes of disturbing silence, they hear a soft feminine voice. "Juice is ready, Guys! Where are you two?" Kaira wipes her face and corrects her hair on hearing Nishi's voice and leaves to help her with the snacks leaving him standing there balling his hands with regression while he clenches his jaw being mad at himself.

"Oh, वकील साहब (Advocate Sir)!" He takes deep breaths to control his temper, goes and sits on the sofas but Nishi says, "The मौसम ( weather ) is so awesome today! Let's sit in the garden!"

"इस दोपहर में?" Kaira asks trying to be normal but Abhishek's sudden fallen face was churning her heart too even if she was mad at him.

[ Translation : "In this afternoon?" ]

"It's breezy, Sissy! Come on!" She says and leaves with Kaira with the juice tray. Abhishek sighs but follows them quietly.

*

Nishi sits on one of the stairs on the door which were leading to the garden. Kaira sits on her left and Abhishek on her right. Nishi hands them their juice glasses and sits silently drinking and enjoying the cool breeze.

The wooden weatherboard was providing shade to hide them from the bright sunlight. The cool breeze hits their skin, eyes, hair trying to sooth their tensions.

Two hearts were in pain for each other and one heart was restless like always.

"Why so silent?" Nishi's sudden question makes the duo look at her but they look away when their gazes clash while Nishi was looking ahead at the mango tree and adds, "All of a sudden?"

"Nothing. Just-" They both start at the same time which makes them look at each other again while Nishi chuckles without even looking at the duo making them look away again. They fall silent not knowing what to say.

"What about you? Why are you so quiet today?" Abhishek asks looking ahead at the plants as he takes a sip from his juice glass trying to change the topic, hoping that the tension between the duo doesn't show that much. But somewhere he knows that she noticed the tension hanging between them.

"Quiet?" Nishi repeats his word and drinks the juice.

"Stay quiet and I won't hurt you. Okay, Baby?"

The teenager coughs as a memory flashes in her mind making Kaira put down her glass and caress her back immediately while Abhishek looks at the the teenager frowning slightly.

"You, okay?" He asks and she nods asking another question out of nowhere while looking at the grass, "Who is coming? Do you know the guests?" Her sudden question and urge to not make eyecontact, sweating forehead make the duo look at each other while Nishi looks down at the glass trying to distract herself from one of the worst memories.

Abhishek held a concerning look seeing the teenager.

"Not really. We are told that they are special guests." Kaira lies. Nishi looks at Abhishek who composes himself in the reflexes and shrugs coolly.

"कमाल है। किसी को नहीं पता कौन आ रहा है? इतना कौन खास मेहमान है?" Nishi mutters drinking the juice while Abhishek looks at Kaira. She could see the anger rising in his eyes at the situation. Kaira shakes her head slightly and he looks away balling his one hand as Nishi puts down her empty glass in the tray.

[ Translation : "Wonderful. No one knows who is coming? Who is such a special guest?" ]

"The way you are still holding your glasses taking sips one by one in every few minutes, it's shouting loudly the tension between you two." Nishi's words make them look at her and she rolls her eyes and says, "It's chilled juice, not hot tea. And I know you guys love each other since the party night."

The Advocate stares at his clumsy girl who was looking at Nishi with wide eyes, shocked to know that this kid knows. Kaira then looks at him but then looks away feeling upset making him look away sulkily.

"Anyone can tell the way you look at each other." She says getting up and sitting in front of them on the grass. The cool yet warm breeze hugs her making her smile inwardly, she feels better from the incident few seconds ago. Nishi looks at Kaira as Abhishek looks at the teenager who knew everything since the beginning but she didn't utter a word. Why? He wanted to know.

"It's your personal matter for sure and I shouldn't interfere. That's why I didn't say anything." She answers his questioning gaze but why she is interfering now? They wanted to ask.

"I still shouldn't but then again I have to say it because the tension between you two can be seen clearly by others too." Her words make the duo look at her in surprise. "So. . .I'm sure you guys don't want others to find out about the reason behind your tension. I would suggest to sort it out before they interfere which will not result on good terms if they found out the reason behind your fight."

"You know the reason?" They ask in unison seriously looking at her and exchange looks at their matching timing.

Nishi chuckles at that and says, "Off course. When I found out that Viren did all of this then I guess it's not that tough to notice that tension between you two the way you steal glances at each other then look away."

They look away at her words quietly.

"The way Mr. Advocate is trying to talk to this beautiful young Interior Designer but she looks away angrily? Makes sense."

They fall silent looking here and there.

"Look. I don't know why you are being stubborn but I know one thing." They look at her as she looks at the advocate and speaks further, "Ish is not only the brother of the girl you love, he is your best friend. And she is in pain because of you. She must be depressed without you all this time. Do you think he would not have noticed? If he gets to know that you're the reason behind his sister's depressed state, her gloominess these past years then? What will Ish do? What it will result into? How will your doctor brother react to it? And what about the elders if they found out about your fight? Because this is not foreign, this is India? You know, breaking the bro code to not to fall for your best friend's sister is a big deal here even if it's not wrong and Ish let's it go, but hurting her? Your best friend's sister? Your a** is gonna be whooped."

Abhishek looks at her gravely, his lips apart.

"Sorry for my language but can you see the depth of the situation, Advocate?" Her words make him realise how tough the situation is. Ishaan will not leave him if he found out. He cares for his sister a lot even if he does not express it with his words but his actions speak louder than his words. And he knows Ishaan hates only one thing in him, his temper. He is sure Ishaan will never give Kaira's hand in his. Who would knowing well that the guy has temper issues? No brother will. He himself will never let any of his sisters date a guy who has temper issues.

"I know you want us to sort it out." Kaira says getting their attention and licks her lips looking at her hands while playing with her fingers. She continues as they look at her, "Nishi, you understood Bhaiya and his friends' situation well for which I appreciate you but you will not understand how does it feel like when the only person whom you fell for says that he regrets meeting you." Kaira says wiping the corner of her eye looking away.

Abhishek sighs frustratedly at her words as he looks at her and finds only pain in her words, eyes and body language. He is mad at himself because he is the sole reason behind it.

Nishi smiles at her apologetically and says, "No one knows him more than you. It's so odd that you can see the love for you in his eyes clearly but still you believed his stupid words."

Kaira looks at her asking with teary eyes which begin to turn red as she gets emotional, "Do you know what he said to me?"

Nishi nods as Abhishek looks at Kaira softly with regression. "Sorry. I mistakenly overheard your few words." The Advocate looks at her with the Interior Designer in shock.

*End of the chapter.*

Author :

How was the chapter?

Thanks for reading!
Smile please!
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 2.7K 44
"š“š‘š”š„ š‹šŽš•š„??" Love was never in his wish list, Never in his life he wanted to be someone else's, who doesn't worth his love, never again. Aft...
373K 34.6K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
665K 36.8K 83
Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories are related to a good person, it breaks...
1.8M 75.3K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...