The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
AU - Hot Chocolate at the park
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

My Brain Hurts

895 52 3
By Mama_Kas

We decided to stay in bed, cuddling. Alexander needed to be comforted and at the same time, I wanted him to know I was there for him. The distance was the hardest part. We've been able to see each whenever before but now it was different. Everything kept turning out wrong.

"When were you going to tell me you had siblings?" I casually asked.

If anything, I wanted to keep him distracted. Keep him talking.

"The King has ten wives," he said. "Do you seriously believe he wouldn't have more than one child?"

Okay. Fair. I rested my cheek on his head. "I never paid attention," I admitted. "Maybe deep down I didn't want to know anything about vampires." I shrugged. "I know it's not an excuse."

"It's somewhat our fault," Alexander said. "We don't publicize a lot of information and my siblings aren't talked about. Plus, I've been hogging all the attention."

"I'm going to need a family tree to study," I said. "Maybe get some tutors."

"I can arrange that," he said. "But I would suggest to wait until the summer. I'm sure graduating and having an internship is more than enough right now."

"Can you read my mind?"

He chuckled. "No, I'm feeling it too."

I squeezed him.

"So, what do you want to know about them?"

"Where do they live? How many are there?"

Alexander snuggled closer. "That's a lot of questions."

"I need answers."

He chuckled and his breath tickled my ear.

"Second wife had two kids. The next four had one each. The other three had two. Violet has one. You met him, Noah. Oh, and my mother only had me."

"You didn't say their names."

"Privacy," he explained. "All of them had their time in the spotlight and they withdrew at their own free will."

"No one else wanted the throne?"

"They did. I just beat them. A few of them didn't want this sort of lives so they're living with their families." He shrugged. "We don't talk much."

"But the others?"

"Dad granted them positions of power and they seem happy with that. They're in other countries from what I heard."

"How didn't they dethrone you with an the stuff you did?"

"Honestly? I have no clue. I think they probably didn't want the stress."

"And Noah?"

"He's young," Alexander confessed. "Used to follow Dad around a lot. He was at school but he got called home." He sh­rugged. "I don't know all the details. They didn't tell me."

"I can't believe Violet has a kid. When you think about it, it's obvious but then it's not? She didn't say anything."

"We like to keep our lives private."

I bit my lip. "What exactly did Dr. Daniels say?"

Alexander sighed and rolled away. I sat up.

"Rin," he began.

"What did he say?"

"My abilities are being suppressed. He's hoping to use my dad's blood to wake them up again."

"See? That doesn't sound bad."

"Rin, we've been over this. I don't want to have the same conversation over and over again."

I made a mental note to talk to Violet about keeping Alexander on the project. If he was completely cut off, it would continue to make him feel powerless. Plus, I needed to get in contact with Dr. Daniels.

One way or another, I was going to help Alexander get part of his normally back.

Later that afternoon, we had a study date. Trevor brought in snacks and I caught up on my school work. Alexander read the passages to me as I typed my answers to the discussion boards.

When Alexander wasn't looking, I messaged Violet. If I could get him to work with me at my internship, he could still work indirectly with the project. Plus, he'd be perfect as a liaison.

'I'll think about it,' she sent.

When I asked her for Dr. Daniels's information she gave it to me without question.

"Perfume?" Alexander asked, reading over my shoulder.

I yelped and jumped. Only to smack Alexander in the face. We yelled and fell back. I clutched my head.

Alexander groaned behind me.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I don't like this," he whimpered.

I turned over and grabbed his face. No injury.

"Sorry," I said and kissed his forehead.

"You want me to wear perfume?"

"Well, if it's all about scent, we just got to dose you with it."

"It could work."

"Then, we can go to school together. You won't have to do online."

"You've been on a roll. I honestly don't know what I would do without you."

I smiled, feeling proud. "Like I said, I want to help and my brain is using so much energy right now."

He pecked my lips. "Let's hope this works."

#

Monday morning. I asked Dad to drop me off early. Sure, I dragged myself out of bed and fought to stay awake on the ride over.

"Why you going in so early?" he asked.

"I know you've been working early," I said. "I don't want to take the bus. So, if I get up earlier then you won't have to worry about me."

"Rin," he began.

"Dad, I wanted a ride," I said. "Plus, I can nap later."

"I hope you've been taking breaks."

I looked away. "Yeah."

With everything going on, sleep was the last thing on my mind. However, it wasn't work that kept me occupied at night. I've been searching the forums - Carlos had sent me the link and helped me set up a VPN - but so far, had found nothing. I searched for anything related to the Purists, rumors about the assassination attempt, and people who claimed they were vampires once.

It made sense though. How did they know it would work? The people who shot Alexander must have tested it on others. Sure there was the morbid idea that all those victims were dead but I didn't want to focus on that.

I groaned and rubbed my temple. My brain hurt.

We arrived at school way too soon. I kissed Dad before hurrying inside the building. The icy wind caught me. I shivered in my turtleneck and thick coat. At least the building was opened.

I made my way to one of the benches. The hallway was bright and it hurt my eyes. There was some movement in the office. Once settled, I texted Alexander.

'When are you arriving?' I asked.

'Soon.'

Ten minutes later, Alexander rushed in, shivering. His nose was red. In his hands, he had two Styrofoam cups.

"Was that Joseph?" I asked.

"Yeah." He handed me a cup. "Here, hot chocolate. Joseph said it would do us good."

"Does he know?"

He shook his head. "I don't know but he's under NDA so, he shouldn't talk."

"It's so cold," he continued. "I don't like it."

"Me either. Did you eat?"

"Yeah," he said. "Trevor served a huge bre­akfast."

"And your dad?"

"He was there. Told me to have a great day."

"Really? After not going home, he comes back like nothing happened?"

Alexander shrugged. "I'm used to it."

We huddled together, on the bench, trying to get warm. Tentatively, I sipped on my drink. It brought some warmth back.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"My stomach is in knots. What if the perfume doesn't work? Every vampire will know by the end of the day."

"Didn't you say Dr. Daniels tested it? What about your dad? Could he tell the difference?"

"Not entirely."

"See? You'll be fine."

"At least it's only 'till lunch, right?"

I smiled. "Yep."

Unfortunately, our schedule didn't align. As soon as everyone learned Prince Rothchester had returned to school, they crowded around him. I stuck close to him. It was probably the only way I kept the fans off of him. I would go as far as to say that I perfected by death glare in a few minutes. That didn't stop them though.

"Sorry," he muttered, as I dropped him off at his classroom.

"No worries. Have fun."

I kissed him for good measure and shoved him inside. I turned, gave the fans a glare, and hurried to my next class. Hopefully, none of the teachers would send me to detention for PDA. My parents would continue to ground me.

"I didn't think he liked the attention anymore," Lisa said beside me.

I jumped.

"Sorry."

"Hey," I said, hand on my chest.

"Does it bother you?" she asked.

We walked into class. Carlos wasn't here yet so Lisa sat at his desk.

"He'll have fans anywhere," I said. "Can't be upset about it."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Hmm? Oh, no. It doesn't bother me."

After all, he couldn't make people go away anymore.

"He's different," she suddenly said.

I froze. "Yeah?" I squeaked.

"Softer," she said. "Cassidy told me he used to be so distant but now, it's like he melted?"

I frowned. As long as she didn't mention how he didn't smell correctly or whatever, I could keep my panic under control.

"Cassidy reached out by the way. Make some time, okay?"

"Oh, sure. I'll text you."

By the time lunch rolled around, I was running on fumes. I escorted Alexander to the lunchroom where we grabbed our lunch and found a qui­et space in one of the classrooms; it was a science lab. Together, we sat wearily on the chairs.

"How do you do this?" he asked, putt­ing his head down. "It's so exhausting. I really miss having Allure."

"It's over," I said. "We have our internship now."

Alexander groaned. "I forgot about that."

"Don't you have that conference tonig­ht though?"

"I've already recorded my bit," he said.

"Recorded?"

"Yeah, I asked them to," he said. "Easier."

As we ate, I mulled that over. Sounded like he was purposefully hiding himself.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Isn't this conference a huge thing?"

"Nothing too big," he said. "A handful of reporters, Violet, Noah, and -"

"You."

He sighed. "Let's finish eating. We're going to be late."

I rubbed my temples. Yeah, my brain was really hurting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1.8K 32
She's one of the richest people in the kingdom. He isn't. She was born into a royal family. He wasn't. She's a vampire. He's a human. What happens w...
84 24 21
{Completed} "I want a relationship where people know of us. But know nothing about us." Kaden Brookson is a King of one of the various kingdoms in Ro...
1.7K 195 30
Eleanor is 18 years old and is the crown princess and her parents chose the prince of England called Alexander the second but the day they were gonn...
20.5K 760 12
Life is all about making sacrifices.Werewolves are living with Anastasia Roberts right under nose. When she learns the shocking secret, her life take...