The Killer or The Detective (...

By FreeFlyer68

Kira was a very intelligent killer in Japan. L was the best detective the world has ever known. But did anyon... More

It All Starts Here
The Nations Meet
The Chess Game Begins
Late Nights and New Assignments
Sweet Gestures
Are You Kira
New Information and Confusion
A Traumatic Bus Ride
The Meaning of Justice
To Trust
The Real L
A Red Tint
The Envelope of Names
Feeling Tired and Stressed
Which Side is the Pawn on
Forehead Kiss
A Detainment Plan
The Hard Part
The Points Make it Clear
The Entrance Exams
The Differences Between L and Kira
Tennis with Sickness
Sick or Flustered
A Simple Walk Home
Something Unseeable
A Copycat
Caring For You
Kira Joins the Kira Task Force
The Response
'Shinigami'
A Plan
Light's Girlfriend
Heartache and Healing
Donuts
Physical Evidence Discovered
Taking a Break
The Original Confession
Wait For Me to Come Back
To Tell or Not
Going Back to Work
An Awful Date
Losing and Gaining
The Original Light Yagami
Concern
A Night with Yotsuba
The Great Divide
A Plan of Her Own
The Girl Team
The Last Component
You Are the Fourth Kira
Do Kiss and Tell
The How and Who
Kira Investigation: Closed
Ending: Light Yagami
Ending: L Lawliet

It Is Time to Rest

1.7K 86 49
By FreeFlyer68

You felt your body slowly start to wake up, and you blinked your eyes until you sat up.

   ' What time is it? '

You looked over to the clock on the nightstand and saw it was two in the morning. You ran your hands through your tangled hair and stood up from your bed. You stretched and decided to get ready and have a very early start to the morning.

   ' There's a lot of work to be done. I'm starting to sound like Ryuzaki. '

You walked into the bathroom and changed into some comfy clothes before combing your hair and getting ready. You left your room soon after and walked to the elevator. You let the elevator carry you to the usual meeting spot for the Task Force, but you saw one of the small laptop screens on when the doors opened. The big monitor was turned on, and Misa was sleeping peacefully on the other side of the screen.

   ' Oh, yeah. He doesn't sleep barely. This piece of chalk '

You walked into the room and towards Ryuzaki. He was still awake with his laptop turned on and a cup of coffee sitting on the table. Light was asleep beside him, on the desk, and you felt terrible for the guy.

   " Did, you even try to get sleep? " You asked.

    " What are you doing awake at this hour? "

   " I asked first. "

You took a seat beside Ryuzaki, faced him, and laid your head on the desk.

   " I wanted to look into the members of Yotsuba, and I'm not finished yet. "

   " That's a lot of people Ryuzaki. "

   " It is, but I want to mak more progress. "

You felt a yawn climb up your throat, and you let it exit your mouth. You felt exhausted, but you didn't want to leave Ryuzaki alone now.

   " Now, answer my question. "

   " I just woke up, and decided to get an early start, but I'm still tired. "

   " Go, back to your room and sleep. You need to rest. "

   " So do you. Ryuzaki, you more than anyone else here needs to sleep. "

   " I can't. "

   " Why? "

   " Because there is too-"

   " Too much work to be done, I know. But there's something else isn't there? Tell em what it is "

Ryuzaki stopped typing and let his hands rest against the keyboard. He felt a smirk form on his lips, but his natural frown soon replaced it. He looked towards you and spoke. 

   " I'm awake working late because I want to be able to get on the same level as you. "

   " Same level? Ryuzaki you said before, that I am not behind you nor ahead of you. What makes you think I'm ahead? "

   " You've already been able to narrow the list of possible suspects to one, and that is Yotsuba. You could even bring statistics into it, and you could confidently say Kira is in the Yotsuba Group when we had very little to go off of. You even compared the original Kira with this new one. I had not even thought of a new possibility of a new Kira, or even the research behind your theory. I've gotten behind. "

You looked in his eyes, and even though they were blank, you found yourself gazing into them.

   " Well, I appreciate the world's greatest detective telling me that. Looks like I've surpassed you, huh? "

   " Yes, but not for long. I don't like to lose, so expect me to be back on the same level, and higher after today. "

   " Right now, I'm worried about you getting some sleep. Why don't you go to your room and sleep. Take a break. "

   " I said that I can't, as well as Light is attached to me. "

   " And he is on a chair with wheels that can be pushed to the elevator. There's a solution. "

   " No. "

   " What if we do what we did last time? When we were in the hotel, that night, we made a deal. I would sleep if you would too. "

   " It sounds nice, but-"

   " Come one then. "

You grabbed the back of Light's chair and started to pull it towards the elevator. As a result, Ryuzaki's chair was being dragged along with Light's due to their hands still being connected by the long cuffs. Ryuzaki didn't do anything but place his hands on his knees as the chair dragged into the elevator. Once Light's chair was in the elevator, you pulled the chain to drag Ryuzaki into the elevator. You closed the elevator doors and pressed the button to go to your floor. 

   " Your floor? "

   " I don't know which floor your room is on. "

   " This isn't necessary. "

   " It is. Now are you going to get off of that chair and walk, or will I drag you? "

   " The chair ride is fun. I will stay in the chair. "

That small comment made you smile a little. The elevators opened, allowing you to step into your living room. You pulled on Light's chair and looked down at him, glad he was a heavy sleeper. You opened your room door and dragged the two in. 

   " Alright now, get in the bed. "

Ryuzaki stood from his chair and sat down on your bed, and you looked towards LIght, wondering what to do with him. But, lucky for you, Ryuzaki had a solution already. First, he took Light out of the chair and laid him on the floor. Then, he pushed both chairs out of your room and shut the door.

   " Problem solved. The chain is long enough, so he can sleep on the floor, and I on the bed. "

   " How kind of you. "

You went to your closet, took a spare blanket and pillow, and let Light use them. You placed Light's head on the pillow and covered him with the blanket. After Light was taken care of, you walked to the other side of your bed and got comfortable underneath the sheets. Ryuzaki joined you on the other side, but he was facing you.

   " This does remind me of that night we stayed in the hotel room together. That bed was so comfortable. "

   " Is this one not up to your standards? "

   " No, it is. It just brings back memories. "

   " I do have a question I want to ask you. "

   " I do have an answer for you. "

   " How, has your relationship with Light been since that night? "

   " Fine, I suppose. Plus after our talk before and after his containment, I understand now. "

   " Understand what exactly? "

   " Emotional things. He had told me Misa was obsessed with him, and I didn't believe him until I saw him after he got out of his containment. "

   " Has Light changed to you? Does he seem different in any way possible? "

   " Yeah, he does. "

   ' And he is different. Because he doesn't have any memories of the Death Note, but I do. '

   " I'm glad you think so as well. I thought it was my depression getting to me, convincing me that I was wrong and it's the same Light Yagami as before. "

   " No, he's changed. Trust me I've known him for too long. "

   " I do trust you. But I am also curious why you are lying to me "

   " What? "

Ryuzaki's eyes continued to stare into yours, but his hand reached for yours, and he held your hands together.

   " When I bring up the topic of you and Light's conversation before his containment, you either dodge the question or lie to me. I understand some romance did happen that day, but there is still something else. Somehting you are not telling me. Something that Light has forgotten. Something that is important for you to keep a secret. What is it? "

You had not decided if you should tell Ryuzaki or not. You couldn't determine the best course of action in your head. You're glad Light was back to his usual self, but at the same time, it still felt off. You knew his entire plan, but you didn't understand why you didn't tell Ryuzaki. You knew you shared feelings for both of them, and you picked that as the reason, but you knew you couldn't stay between them forever. That at some point, you had to go to one side. You wanted to protect Light and keep his secret, but the other wanted to spill everything to Ryuzaki. You were lost in your thoughts, but soon you were brought back to reality when Ryuzaki raised his free hand and poked your cheek.

   " Are you not in a position to tell me? "

    ". . .Correct. "

    " I do not wish to drag the truth out of you. Please tell me or I will have to consider you, withholding information crucial to the investigation. Which will lead to finding out what it is by any means possible. You were the last person Light Yagami saw before his detainment, and he said something to you, that has kept your lips sealed. Leading me to think that Light told you something crucial before he entered isolation. "

   " I. . .This is not a good time. . .to tell you. "

   " Because Light is in the room. "

   " Right. "

   " I will kick him out. "

   " No. Just. . .Just be patient. I still need to figure some things out before I tell you. "

   " I do not like that you are keeping secrets from me, but I will be patient. "

   " Thanks. " You said in relief.

   " However-"

   ' What!? So close! '

Ryuzaki had shifted closer to you, and your faces were inches from each other. Your noses barely touched, and you could feel his body heat.

   " I will keep a close eye on you from now on. "

   " Gotcha. " You said, feeling your face turn red. 

Ryuzaki loved seeing your red face, and he smiled slightly. Then, he pulled you closer to him and wrapped his arms around your waist, pressing you against his chest.

   " You're warm. "

Ryuzaki felt his body relax while you were wondering how the chain was so long that Light was still sleeping undisturbed. You felt awkward, and you didn't know where to put your hands. You wrapped them around Ryuzaki and rested your head on his chest. Your legs were tangled together underneath the sheets.

   " This is very comfortable. I've found that I relax around you easier than trying to relax on my own. I suppose it is some stipulation but, you help me relax. "

   " I'm glad? "

   " Goodnight, Y/n. "

Ryuzaki kissed the top of your head and let himself doze into a dreamless sleep. You laid against Ryuzaki, feeling the blush cover your face. You couldn't go to sleep until a few minutes later, and your body relaxed against Ryuzkai's own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 215 6
After agreeing to join the Task Force in an investigation for the "Kira case", Y/n meets Misa Amane, a girl who just so happens to be one of the susp...
1.6K 56 18
Is everything that we do our fate ? Or is it our choices ? What are bonds ? How deep do they go ? It may seem like everything that we do is our fate...
758K 23.9K 41
What happens when Kira falls for you? What happens when he might actually have a softer side to him. But what if you like him back? From a shy girl t...
599K 21K 81
Y/n didn't expect her life to take a turn for the weird. She along with her best friend Light Yagami join L on the Kira case. Y/n was smart and a gre...