The Legendary Spider-Man (Mal...

Par StardustMaster

Alright, Let's do this one last time. My name is Y/n Parker, got bit by a magical spider and for the last fou... Plus

The Legendary Spider-Man
Tombstone Arc, Chapter 1: It's Always Oscorp
Tombstone Arc, Chapter 2: A Responsibility
Tombstone Arc, Chapter 3: A Date and A Deal
Tombstone Arc, Chapter 4: Tragedy Leads To Conviction
Tombstone Arc, Chapter 5: What Else Would You Call A Tombstone?
Tombstone Arc, Chapter Finale; I Am...Spider-Man
Full Tombstone Arc
Angel's Sin Arc, Chapter 1: Back To Formula
Angel's Sin Arc, Chapter 2: It'll Make You Feel Stong
Angel's Sin Arc, Chapter 3: Not Like This
Angel's Sin Arc, Chapter Finale: I Know...
Full Angel's Sin Arc
The Cat and The Spider Arc #2: Bad Luck With Blackwing
The Cat and The Spider Arc #3: Violently Attractive
The Cat and The Spider Arc #4: Not So Different
The Cat and The Spider Arc #5: A Lifetime Ago
The Cat and The Spider Arc #Finale: Accepting Grace
Full The Cat And The Spider Arc

The Cat and The Spider Arc #1: We All Wear Masks, Spider

1.8K 42 16
Par StardustMaster

(A/n; Which of the established Spider-Man themes do you think fit Y/n the best? I bet as we go on with the story, your opinion will change. And another note, I decided this would be the last arc of this volume.)

"A hero could be anyone, even a person doing something as simple as helping an old lady cross the street or helping someone with direction."

A large museum like building is seen in the distance, at least, that's what we will open this arc on. A shadowy figure quickly sees the building from a nearby perch way, smirking under their all black outfit. As if swifter than the wind, the figure dodged the lasers guarding the main entrance, rolling off the ground. The figure then aimed a device at a rooftop inside the facility and snuck in through the vent. "Although I'm not going to miss this place, I am gonna miss these remarkably clean air vents."

As the figure crawled through the vents, they passed by several rooms. In the cracks of one vent, a pile of counterfeit money is seen on the table with mobsters all over. It seemed they were playing blackjack, "actually wholesome in a way. If this whole place wasn't filled with illegal substances. Oh well, hasn't stopped me from having fun before."

The person continued to crawl through the vent, slicing any minor inconvenience in their path. They keep going and see below a ventway that reveals the people below, "oi, boss. You wanna in on a game?"

A old man with silver hair is seen patting a group of men on the back, "no, not today. It's an important night after all!"

"Ah, that's right. That shipment came in." one of the men stated with a smile.

"Ya know it was a pain in the ass to deal with all of that." one man cracked his back, with a satisfied smile, "but Imma be pissed if that Angel's Sin doesn't deliver."

"Cool your jets. That place is all locked up. Ain't a crook in sight." the silver haired man said.

"I don't got any time to waste. 'He's' going to eventually find the body. I gotta get to the vault room." the figure rushed through the vent, traveling to each overhead room that the center had offered. They soon came across a room with green vials, "bingo."

A sharp high pitched noise is heard before the vent falls down. The figure quickly but gracefully lands down in front of the vials. Picking one up, the reflection is shown on the vial. The figure appeared to be a female. "Idiots should know not to place a vent in the area their guarding."

Suddenly the room started to flash red, the woman seemed to know exactly what that meant. She immediately opened her small bag and stuffed as many vials as she could inside. Once secured, she leaped back into the vent and popped out the way she came. The sounds of water crashing into each other was heard, just as the night sky shined down a mighty ray of moonlight. The lake was so close to her reach, but a spotlight came down on her. Then another from the west, one more from the east, they had the figure surrounded. 8 men armed with guns walked out into the night, aimed their weapons at the woman. Nervous and shaken, the figure gave an weird chuckle before inhaling and taking a cure out. "Fellas, Silvermane, Joe.."

"YOU BITCH-! LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Joe shouted at the enemy, he seemed to have long creature-like ears with his teeth being longer and sharper.

"Well, what can I say? I thought it would kill ya, not turn ya into some freak." the lady snickered. She had a sleek black catsuit with a ring zipper, and fur on the gloves, waist, nape area, and boots. A Black mask with black lipstick on. Finally a black collar with a bell.

"That's a lot of nerve coming from a copycat." one of the men said as their gun clicked.

"Awww, now that's just hurtful." the person looked at the Angel's sin, "either you give me powers, or you make sure I don't give them the satisfaction of killing me."

The figure stabbed the cure into their arms, "GRGH-!!"

"OPEN-!"

"WAIT! I wanna watch her slowly crumble!" Her veins turned green before a brief moment before turning black. Her pupils became vertical in her eyes, the night sky was much more clear to her now. Silvermane glared, "well I'll be damned. Ain't that good, Black Cat? You're...alive... through some dumb luck."

The man raised their guns, "well, let's see what you've got. Ready to test your moves out?"

"Sorry boys, can't stay and chat. Got a friend to meet." a sudden smoke bomb came from above as the floor beneath the gunmen cracked. A small case of bad luck...it allowed Black Cat to escape.

"Damn it! Fire in the lake!" the men rushed to the side and launched countless bullets into the lake, however, the fate was uncertain.

"No one could've survived that." Silvermane smirked, "no one even with good luck."
———————
"Hm..." we cut to our protagonist. He is seen lovely sleeping like always, stirring in his sleep, a Spidey sense went off. Y/n slowly opened his eyes to see the world was upside down. "Must've fell out of bed again."

Y/n went to flip himself up, but nothing happened. Y/n waved and flapped his hands to the side, but nothing happened. Y/n started to get worried as he fully opened his eyes, he looked down to see...."another me...?"

Y/n's body was seen on the bed as Y/n's...Spirit is seen floating upside down in the air. Y/n panicked, "OH MY GOD!? AM I DEAD?!"

"Quiet down, you're not dead." an old woman appeared next to Y/n, she had a blindfold on but pushed on Y/n, making him spin upright, "this is simply Astral Projection: an ability to project your consciousness outside your body and travel."

"What?! How'd you do that?! Who are you?" Y/n asked as he tried to swim into his body.

"Well, I'm Madame Web of course. You have been calling me by my name this whole time, haven't you?"

Y/n was confused...before he realized, "Wait! You're Webb! That...makes so much more sense now."

"Your class is about to start, L/n-Parker. I suggest you hurry." Madame Webb said as Y/n felt all over his body in a defensive way.

"Wait, if you're then..." Y/n's face went quickly to show despair. "you saw me during...my...my.."

"If your talking about your 'intimate moments'...then do not worry about it. You are a teenager, after all." Madame Webb said as Y/n was hugely flustered.

"Hold on! We aren't gonna just brush by that!" Y/n tried to say.

Miles walked out the bathroom fully dressed. He had a different haircut from the last time we saw him, indicating that time has passed. He had his Afro with a High Fade with Volume on Top, "yo, Y/n. Wake up. Time to get to livin'."

Madame Webb grabbed Y/n's hair, "honestly, I've dealt with all types of Spider-Man but you..."

"What are you-?!" Madame Webb shoved Y/n's astral form back into his body.

Y/n suddenly sprung up in his bed, with a large gasp, Miles stepped back a bit, "whoa! Dude, chill out! You're okay, man."

Y/n glared at Cassandra, "hey, a little warning would be great!"

"Get your stuff and keep on moving." Cassandra says as her astral form hovers out the door. "We will chat again."

"Uh, dude are you..is this like a...Spidey thing?" Miles asked, awkwardly holding his bag. To him, Y/n was just shouting at air.

"Yeah, sorry." Y/n grabbed his back and looked at Miles, "did you get any sleep?"

"Besides you coming in around Midnight? Yeah, I'm fine." Miles says as he winds up his arm, "I did talk to that Kamala girl though."

Y/n smiled bright, "hey! Right on! How'd it go?"

"It went fine, we're starting to talk more now." Miles gave a warm smile. Y/n elbows Miles' side as he opens the dorm door.

"Baby steps, Morales. Baby steps." Y/n chuckled before looking at Miles. "You know your shoes are untied, right?"

"Yeah, I know. It's a choice." Miles closed the door behind them, the two then began to trail down, "it's hard to believe it's been a couple months now. I feel like I haven't been doing much to help you."

"It's not your responsibility to do so. Just when you see something wrong, just tell me." Y/n quickly and justly stated.

"Okay, you mind doing my homework then?" Miles asked.

"That's an injustice of you sleeping in class." Y/n teased but as they walked, many people looked at the duo, and then make good efforts to separate themselves.

"Do you think the rumors are true?" a student asked another.

"I think so, they said he solved the formula that turned Connors into that killer."

"You think he's been planning something?"

"I mean, I heard that the two were close."

"Wasn't that Allison girl also close to him?"

"Totally, she keeps to herself so much, it's like , total, super villain vibes."

Miles patted Y/n on the back, "hey man,"

Y/n scoffed with a depressed look, "don't remind me, please."

"You got it..." Miles sadly says as the scene cuts to Gwen and Alison eating in the lunch room. Gwen had an undercut with pink highlights at the end of her hair. Allison's hair was also different. She had a tiny bit of messiness, which made her side-swept bangs look edgy without completely erasing a polished feel.

"Are you sure you don't want me to web her to the wall?" Gwen teased, Allison smirked.

"I mean, I won't stop you if you want to. But you didn't hear that from me." Allison took a sip of her water, but she only took small sips. "Ugh, so boring."

"Oh yeah, you don't like water." Gwen says.

Allison moved the glass away, "it's just too plain for me. No Pazzaz!"

"Speaking of Pazzaz, I've been working on something!" Miles entered the scene, plopping the tray of food on the table next to Allison.

"Morning, you two." Gwen's eyes darted over to Y/n, who was inhaling the breakfast burritos and pancakes. "..."

"What? Cough! Cough!" Y/n started to choke on the pancakes.

"Dude, gross." Allison chuckled as did the rest.

"But anyway, like you were saying, Miles?" Y/n asked.

"Oh yeah," Miles pulled out his computer, he looked at his desktop before clicking on some audio files. "So, I was working on this Spider-man, er, Spider-People song, and I was wondering if..."

"No." Y/n and Gwen immediately say.

Gwen folds her arms, "you know we can't sing on a song, especially not one that has to do with the Spider Gang."

"I mean, maybe they won't know it's us. I meant plenty of people make Spidey songs." Y/n sheepishly added with a smile. Gwen gave him an unamused look with a slight glare in her eyes. Y/n sunk in his seat, "okay, yeah, never mind. Well, Miles. If you post that on YouTube...prepare for a heavy amount of dislikes, oh yeah, that's right."

The sounds of people muttering at the gang and then laughing is heard. Meanwhile some people were worried, "monster creator."

"Dude, I know it's a secret but man...Shouldn't the people know who saved them?" Allison said as she looked at Y/n and Gwen.

"No, it's like you said." Gwen stated, picking up a juice. "It's a secret for a reason. No matter how bad it gets, if we fight back too hard, then we'll end up causing more damage."

"I get that but, I mean, I'm on the side of Allison on this one." Miles held his hands up with a smile, he pointed his drink slightly at the heroes, with the straw following with a small delay. "You guys should at least feel safe in this kind of environment. Fighting back against this could make it even."

"Yeah, but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. It's not about getting even." Y/n remembered Peter's words, "while I'm not gonna lay down and take it, I'm letting this happen for a reason. I can take it, all the anger and frustration. I get it. And the school year's almost over. But...When they target others..." Y/n raises his pancake sandwich and bites into it. "That's when we start having an issue, you know what I'm saying?"

"Yes, I'm sure they do." Olivia slid in with a tray of her own.

"Mrs. Octavius, what are you doing here?" Gwen asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, isn't there a whole staff lunchroom dedicated...to well you know... staff?" Y/n asked.

"Sometimes it's hard to forget you guys don't know much about school." Miles looked towards Allison and Y/n, who both shrugged.

"Well, the staff all have their groups. And in this case, this is my group." Olivia stated with an energetic smile. 

"Yeah, but they don't know you help us out.." Y/n and Gwen both thought.

"Plus, they didn't find my Bat information interesting." Olivia tosses a carrot as Alison, who opened her mouth to catch it.

"WHAA-? Ewww.." Alison tried to eat the vegetables quickly.

"Hehehe," Olivia chuckled.

"Bat information?" Miles brought the zippy teacher's attention back.

"Bats are more active in the Early Fall, but for some reason, numerous reports of bats in groups have been reported all around the city." Olivia looks at Y/n and Gwen, with the two heroes sharing a look, the two give Olivia a subtle nod.

"I'll look into it if I have time." Gwen thinks her herself, taking a bite of her salad.

"So, anyone wanna learn how to make a laser?" Olivia started to bring out some tools, everyone started to slowly scoot to the other side of the table.
——-
"Yuri Watanabe. Speaking." Yuri is seen in her office, placing down some paperwork and answering the phone.

"Cap'N. How's the city looking?" Y/n's voice is heard through the phone. Yuri puts the phone on hold, before slowly rising from the black chair. Traveling to the office door, passing bookshelves of files, chairs, and water jugs. She closed the door and went back to the seat, "hello?"

"I'm back. What were you saying?" Yuri questioned. The camera flips to show Y/n webbing a building corner and free falling into the street before using the momentum to climb the web and shoot off again into the sky.

"I asked how the city was looking. Any traces of Angel's Sin?" Y/n wondered as he saw some people trying to break into a building.

"More like where can't we find this stuff. Spidey, this stuff.. it's unlike anything anyone has ever seen." Yuri claims and sounded distress. Gwen is seen dealing with the criminals with ease before Y/n even landed. Y/n slowly backed up, "many people have gotten their hands on the 'prototype', criminals included. But countless people have died..."

"Right, people died when Connors tested it on people. It's a 50-50 chance of working." Y/n webbed to a rooftop, with Gwen following suit.

"The government is trying to find a cure, to finish what Conners wanted in a way. I doubt they're gonna pull him from jail to ask him for help, but this is as hard as finding a cure to even the deadliest cancers and illness." Yuri sighed, placing a hand on her forehead.

"Don't talk like that, Yuri. We can't give up hope yet." Gwen joins the call, "and Connors said that they would turn into Lizards, right? But we haven't ran into anybody with scales everywhere. Nor where the light doesn't shine."

"That's what is gonna make the polices' job much harder." Yuri stated firmly.

But Gwen and Y/n were confused, "what do you mean?"

"Angel's Sin is reacts to everyone's DNA differently. The higher ups believe this to be the cause of the unknown element inside the cure. Through all the doses of Angel's Sin, some sort of black goo rests inside." Yuri informs, "but this has been giving those that survive the shot, with superhuman powers and abilities."

"Wait, so you're saying..." Y/n started to get nervous.

"If Connors was able to go through with us plan, it wouldn't have turned everyone into Lizards. It would have killed half of us and leave the other half with uncontrollable powers that would be spiraling all over New York and nearby states." Yuri gave a shocking news, the heroes' hearts' dropped.

"Thank god we stopped him, yet, it's still my mess." Y/n swung another web and slingshotted himself away, "if it works, it stops cancer. If not, it leads to death."

"I can't imagine how many innocent people were forced to take it from criminals." Gwen says before the door knocks in Yuri's office, "sorry, we'll let you go. Thanks for the update, Yuri."

"Stay safe out there." they all hung up as Gwen webbed after Y/n. She noticed he was swinging like her, but it definitely wasn't his forte. Nor was swinging like Peter. He hasn't quite found his own thing yet.

"Gwen, you know. You should be enjoying those connections with your friends." Y/n brings up the topic once again.

"Again? Spidey, we've already.." Gwen was about to say, before remembering how Y/n's been performing, "you know what? Okay."

"Wait, really?" Y/n nearly slammed into a building before Webb shot a web to a nearby building. The two landed on a balcony. "You're not just saying that and then gonna sike me out, right?"

"No, I mean it...this time." Gwen snickered, "there's something I've been meaning to try out. Try to get that live you've been bugging me about."

Y/n smiled, the mask showed a joyful expression, "sweet! That's great! And if you need any help, just let me know."

Gwen aims a web to go her separate way, "will do. Good luck, Spider-Man."

"You too, Spider-Man...Wait that doesn't work here. Or does it?" Y/n ran off the rooftop and dived towards the ground, Webb shot a web before Y/n decided he needed to talk. "Madame Webb, we need to talk."

"What do you want to talk about, L/n?" Cassandra suddenly appeared in front of Y/n.

"AHHHH!!" Y/n stopped his swinging for a moment before catching up to the astral ghost. "Could you STOP doing that!?"

"You're the one that wanted to chat." Madame Webb says as she started to zoom ahead in the sky, "try and catch up."

"Hang on!" Y/n soared towards the ground before flipping in the air. He attached the web to the streetlamp and latched onto a building surface, before running up it. He then webbed the corner of the building to zoom ahead, Y/n ran on the edges of a crane before webbing  a nearby one to carry his momentum forward. He entered Central Park, he started zipping to trees, increasing his speed like crazy. "listen, the other Madame Webb said something about the pet being connected to you. I'm guessing that's what this force ghost stuff is about, right?"

"If that makes this easier, then yes. Y/n L/n-Parker, your universe has been invaded by A Green Goblin from a different dimension." Madame Webb explained.

"Wait, so you're saying that Green Goblin at Oscorp isn't just an experiment gone wrong?" Y/n asked as he had nowhere to swing to, and so he was forced to run. "Oh come on!"

"Someone or something used Dark Magic in order to open a gateway into Goblin's Dimension. With it, my pet which was trapped in the realm with it, snuck into the summoning circle as well." Madame Webb continued her exposition.

"Well, if your pet, came from the same realm as Gobiln, does that mean that unknown element came from Goblin?" Y/n asked while he finally found a baseball field, leading him to latch onto it.

"Yes, the same unknown element that is implanted into them, was also inside my pet, my back up plan, the spider that bit you." Madame Webb says as Y/n latches onto the building.

"So basically I'm like the rest of these guys, the ones going crazy through New York." Y/n seemed more annoyed than anything.

"You're different. You didn't have a choice." Madame Webb stops and faces Y/n.

"Wow, thanks..." Y/n's confusion quickly became annoyance.

"I wasn't finished. You didn't have a choice and yet, you took the most responsibility for the others." Madame Webb stated, "that will have to be all for now in this form. We will chat again."

Y/n looked at the sky, the dark was already darkened and the street lights illuminated the city, "yeah, better call it a night. Well, maybe I should look into that Bat issue...huh?"

Y/n sees a figure on top of a museum rooftop. Through the glass, the figure flicks their wrist, claws start to come out of the fingernails before they trace a circle and break in. "Yeah. That's not good."

Black Cat slips down and lands on the ground, on her feet, "wow, these new abilities are really helping a girl out. Cats always do land on their feet after all."

Her pupils became vertical and she could suddenly see in the dark. She started to get down the hall and found a pink gem, "ooo~ hello pretty~"

"You know, after seeing the hole in the glass, I don't think that's yours." Y/n appeared behind her. Black Cat quickly turned around.

"Spidey? I'll have to admit, I wasn't expecting to see this one." Black Cat says as she smirked.

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave, while I'm still being polite. Since you didn't take anything yet." Y/n got into his Spidey stance.

"Such a gentleman, however, after my recent encounter, I have to start from scratch." Black Cat bowed before making a dash for the exit after taking a gem and replacing it with something of the same weight.

"Was that a cat pun?" Y/n says as he webbed after her, "man I wish you were a good guy."

Y/n raised his hand while in the air, aiming at Black Cat, but she looked into his eyes. A shock went through Y/n's body as the web shot out at a different artifact. The artifact was pulled into Y/n's face, knocking him down. "Wha?! Oof!" Y/n held his head as he lifted himself back up, "I was aiming right at her, what just happen?"

Y/n rushes after her on foot and leaped for her, but Black Cat looked at him again.  One of the flag banners started to randomly crack, came down and collided with Y/n's side. Y/n held the flag and leapt back onto the ground, "WHAT IS HAPPENING?!"

"I don't really understand it either," Black Cat says as Y/n noticed a rug under the two, he used his foot to stick the rug to the bottom of his foot, sliding it underneath him, making Cat drop her bag. "No!"

"There we go, back to normal." Y/n webbed the bag to the ceiling above. "Now it's just me and you."

Black Cat got out her claws, "I can't complain, Spidey~"

Y/n goes for the first strike with a quickly punch, Black Cat weaves out of it and goes for a swipe across the face, which misses. Y/n webs her leg to the floor before he gets on his hands and preforms a donkey kick, sending Black Cat backwards, "if your mother ever told you you could be whatever you wanted when you grew up, she was lying to you."

A bunch of daggers flew out at Y/n, who quickly saw it with his Spidey sense. He dodged all of them with ease before webbing one and flinging it back at Cat. Cat caught it as she snickered, zooming to Y/n and giving some swipes at his chest, which knocked him back. "Aggh!"

"I'm sorry, did Kitty forget to retract her claws~?" Cat spoke in a seductive and mature manner, taunting Y/n by curling her finger.

"Cute. Real cute." Y/n webs two sides of the wall to make him fly towards her, and giving a diving kick to her stomach. "Though, I think ya may have any to hold this!"

"Huh?" Cat looked up to see Webb trying to capture her, "aww, your friend here's kinda cute. Is it alive?"

"Yes she is. And she's a feisty one." Y/n as Black Cat sliced the webs coming at her before Y/n coats his fists with webs and performs a double-handed strike on the burglar.

Y/n tried to web away but Cat grabs the leg and slams Y/n against a wall. She then puts her hand next to his head, "you're very amusing, Spidey~"

"I bet you tell that to all your guy pals~" Y/n flirted back before he kicked Cat away and then swung on the ceiling to do a swing kick. Cat got out her claws and span into the air, knocking Y/n through a glass case holding a knighty axe. The axe came down and Y/n flipped onto the statue in order to avoid getting diced.

"Only the ones I really like~" Cat teases as she smiled. Something about this...the thrill, the chase...it's addicting. They both were feeling it. And in the midst of it, they we're having fun.

"Aww, you're gonna make me blush," Y/n webbed Cat's arm and pulled her close, "but y'know, there are plenty of ways to skin a cat."

Cat chuckled and span vertically, delivering a strong axe kick to Y/n's dome before crashing her elbows onto Y/n's back, she then flipped him over and pinned him to the ground. Y/n tried to web the bag in the ceiling up again but Cat caught it as fell down, "and Kitty puns. Maybe you're a dream after all~"

"Some kinda dream. I don't know whether I'm lucky or unlucky to be in this kinda position." Y/n retorted.

"Now where'd you go, to get this kinda power? Was it the Angel's Sin? No, you already were here before that~" Black Cat smirked with an eyebrow raised.

"Her voice sounds familiar, but where have I heard it before?" Y/n tried to lift himself up, but Black Cat was holding his arms down, as she straddled his waist. "It's not about the power, it's the responsibility that comes with it. Like beating the shit out of criminals like you."

Black Cat leaned down to get to face level, "aww, stop it~ I bet you say that to all the girls ~"

"Only the ones I really think...could have the potential to do some good." Y/n says as he now straddled her waist, holding her arms down. Black Cat started to get red in the face and look away a little bit, unable to make eye contact, "now, tell me. What did you mean when you said start from scratch? What happened to you which makes you have to gain wealth back?"

But before he could get an answer, the alarms went off. Men with flashlights and weapons came storming closer to the two, "nice work, Spider-Man!"

"Unfortunately, I can't stay to chat! Maybe next time, Spider. If you catch me~" Y/n looked back at Cat, to see a grenade in her hand. Webb immediately came out of Y/n's wrist and wacked it away as far as he could, but it was a flash bang, and way too close to Y/n. "GAAAAH!!"

Y/n fell to the ground holding his ears, and trying to see. All he saw was Black Cat's figure leaving before the surge of pain ended, "ugh. Just my luck. Not only do I have explain what happened to the guards, I'll have to be home before ten before the security does roll call."

Y/n looked at the ceiling to notice the bag was gone. Y/n groaned as he held his face, "she got away guys. But keep an eye out for any clues."
—————
"And so...what your saying is...there might be a bunch of people getting powers?" Miles leaned over from his desk at Y/n's, which the boy was trying to recover from the adventure of last night.

"The Dam's water actually helps power all of New York. Thanks to our buddies at Hammer industries-" the video stated, but most of the class was bored out of their mind.

"The prototype is basically like drugs, Miles. How many people in high school take drugs? It's like that." Y/n holds his head, "I can only hope that I don't have to take down anyone in this class."

"Well...look at the bright side, you're still attending school." Miles tried to cheer the boy up.

...who seemed very unamused, "but I'm failing everything besides science."

"That's why you need so much help doing your other job." Allison walked in the classroom with a lollipop on her mouth. The lights slightly flickered, "nothing wrong with asking for help."

"Especially since you handled Tombstone all by yourself...kinda. And dealt with Kraven and Shriek." Miles added as his eyes darted to the clock, hoping the class would get out faster.

"Well Tombstone's absence opened up a vacuum of power. The likes of Fisk and the Maggia trying to take it for themselves." Y/n started to doze off before Allison shook his shoulder a little, "uwah...? And also, yawn, someone sent Kraven and Shriek after us, and I don't think that's gonna end anytime soon."

The bell finally rang as the three gathered their stuff and headed towards the theatre room, Allison held up her phone, "are you sure Gwen should be trying out for this band then? It sounds like you really need help."

"Psssh, yeah, I'll be able to handle my messes. Besides, I said I'd be there for Gwen when she needed me." Y/n smiled as the scene cuts to Gwen behind stage.

"Gwen Stacy! Your equipment is on stage! You got 5 min!"

"Okay, deep breaths. You got this, you're okay." Gwen says as she paces back and forth.

Betty Ross looked at Gwen. Betty had blue eyes with brown hair, but in the style of a Mohawk cut. She was raising an eyebrow, "listen Gwen, you're gonna be okay."

"But how do we know that?!" Gwen stopped and turned towards Betty, arms extended outward, "we haven't talked in forever, I brush them off, and now, here I am trying out for their band."

Betty grabbed her shoulder with a smile, "hey, listen. They aren't here for you, they're here for what you have to offer. Just go out there and do what you do best."

"Give sarcastic comments?" Gwen asked while holding her band sticks.

"Being passionate about music." Betty says as she takes Gwen's hands, "now come on."

"Wait! Wait!" Gwen exclaimed, but Betty pushed her on stage, in front of her equipment. The theatre was lined up with kids and students alike.

"Ah, Gwen. Nice to see you again. It seems you're trying out for the drum part?" Glory looked at her papers, with a bright and carefree smile.

"Uh, yeah, that's right..." Gwen tried to relax and say in her seat in front of the drums.

"Alright here's how this is gonna work, we're gonna give you six minutes max to impress us. If we decided you've got the part, we'll let you know." Gloria explained.

"But since you're the last one, ya better make it good." Ronnie says as she takes a sip of her cola. She pressed the timer.

"Wait, right now?!" Gwen started to freeze up, her palms were sweaty and she was losing grip of the sticks. Gwen closed her eyes with frustration. "I can't..."

"HEY!!! YOU GOT THIS!!" a voice shouted as everyone looked at the corner of the seating. Gwen opened her eyes and looked at Y/n standing up with a smile, Allison gave a thumbs up with a lollipop in her mouth, her feet were kicked up on the seat in front of her. Miles was trying to hide his face to save the embarrassment, but held up a 'Go Get 'Em, Tiger!' Sign.

Gwen chuckled before she span her drum sticks.

Everyone stood in silence before....
————
"Cheers to Gwen!" Miles says as he holds a drink in the air. The five are seen at some sort of diner. Y/n, Gwen, Miles,
Allison, and Betty all clink their drinks together.

Betty looked at the gang, "it's kind of weird that we're doing this with pop."

"I think you mean Soda." Y/n laughed as Betty shook her head.

"Pop." Betty glared.

"Soda."

"Let's not do this right now." Allison says, munching on a fry.

"Yeah, just enjoy, Spideys."Miles says as he takes a huge bite of his cheeseburger.

"It's just a rip off of 'Fridays'," Y/n took a drink of his...Soda.

"Don't you work here? Should you really be saying that stuff?" Gwen asked as she slurped a milkshake right up.

"The only real reason I have a job is so I can pay Olivia and Yumiko for more and better equipment." Y/n thinks to himself.

"How come you don't just work at FEAST?" Miles crunched on some ice.

"You're an ice cruncher. You monster." Y/n gave a fake disgusted look, "plus, I'd just feel guilty getting money from that place. I know it's silly, but Aunt May's holding the fort well."

"Speaking of holding down the fort, how's your love life going, DJ?" Allison teases Miles, who started to shrink in his seat.

"Could we not?" Miles tried to deflect.

Y/n got a bright smile, "oh no no no, you're not getting out of this one."

"Hmm~? What's this?" Betty used her index finger to spin the straw in her...pop, "Morales has a love life...?"

"It's nothing, it's nothing. We've just talked. That's all." Miles says while waving his hands in the air.

"I'm sorry, what?! You said that same thing last time!"

"That's because nothing changed. Okay!" Miles quickly finished his drink. "Okay, I'm done."

"Yeah, I'm just about done too." Gwen got up as well, tray in hand.

"Ditto." Allison added.

"Then let's head on out." after Y/n's words, everyone threw away their trash and walked out. On the table, a 20 bill was given as the tip.

"Crunch..." Miles made a sound as Y/n looked at him. "Crunch..." Y/n grew with fear. "Crunchcrunchcrunchcrunch."

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" Y/n held his ears as Miles crunched his ice loudly.

"Will you two knock it off!? You're so embarrassing!" Betty shouted at the two.

Gwen laughed while Allison just smirked with the lolipop in her mouth. Y/n notices Gwen start to slow down as she ends up next to Y/n, behind the group. "Hey, I just wanted to thank you for coming."

"I'm a man of my word." Y/n winked, "plus, I've never seen a tryout before, it's interesting."

"I keep forgetting you were homeless. It's kinda hard to imagine." Gwen waved her hands, "uh, no offense or anything..! I just meant like..."

"It's fine, I gotcha. I can't wait for your guy's band to hit the big leagues though." Y/n did some air guitars in the air.

"How come you didn't want to join?" Gwen pondered, "you are a great player. I figured it would be a good chance for you as well."

Y/n looked as everyone started to say good night, after all, Betty doesn't go to Vision's. "Well, I simply have a different dream. That's all."

Gwen chuckled, "you built that up so much, I was waiting for a real answer."

"That's the realist you're gonna get from me." Y/n smiled, Miles was putting his fingers together. "What do you want now...?"

"Since Betty's gone, can we go through the window?" Miles couldn't finish before Webb latched onto him and Y/n swung around, "AAAAAAAAAAHHHH—-!"

Gwen looked at Allison, "you wanna?"

"Hard pass!" Allison walked away as the two snickered.

Y/n put Miles in the window but heard some sirens in the distance. "Well, duty calls."

"Here!" Miles passed the costume to Y/n, who then smirked and caught it. He leaped onto a dark rooftop. He slid on his mask before he put on his boots in the air. Webb started to make Y/n climb into the air. Y/n made it to the Empire State building, as a cocoon formed at the top. It suddenly broke as Spidey leaped out fully dressed in his costume and swung towards the sirens.

"Ahaha! Would you look at that? Two nights in a row." Black Cat says as she uses her grappling hook to leap from rooftop and rooftop. She went to shoot another one before a web came and knocked it towards a building. "WHOA!" Cat used her claws to stay on top building surface.

"Great, another round of Beat the Spider." Y/n landed on the surface of the skyscraper. Y/n webbed next to her before Cat swiped the web, making Y/n do flips in order to get close.

"Come on, Spidey. You know you love this as much as I do~" Cat tackled Y/n and swiped at his face, as Y/n tried to block all swipes but he did have some claw marks on his mask. Spidey gets on his back and spins, sticking his feet out, kicking Cat back, then hops back to his feet. He followed up by performing a cartwheel towards Black Cat and stomping on the thief's stomach hard at the end of it.

"I've had my fill of claws for one night. Or make that two nights in a row." Black Cat threw Y/n off the building again as she used the grappling hook to get away again.

"You never know where this may lead~" Black Cat flirted as she waved goodbye.

"Yeah no, you definitely love this more than I do~" Y/n responded and quickly webbed after her. He ran on the rooftops before doing a backflip into a dive, pushing off a street light and a billboard to catch up.

"You may never find out." Black Cat threw some daggers at Y/n, before Y/n webbed some up and tossed them at Cat's line, causing it to malfunction. She landed on a rooftop and rolled to a halt, Y/n soon followed up.

"Gotcha." Y/n says as Cat's pupils become vertical again. She suddenly sends Y/n back by attacking something at the end of her grabbing hook, "she turned her malfunctioning hook into a weapon, smart kitty."

"On your feet, Sugar. I'm just getting into this." Cat went for a downward strike before Y/n rolled out the way, before going for a web strike, however the two locked eyes again, and the ground where Y/n landed becomes soft. The small distraction caused Y/n to look away, and Cat, the perfect time to attack. She knocked him down; but he latched into the side of the wall.

"I'm not sure you know what you're getting into, Cat." Y/n says as he tried to pulled himself up.

"On the contrary, I know exactly what I'm getting into~." Black Cat locked eyes again as the part of the wall Y/n was latched too came down.

Y/n falls from the building, "whoa! Whoa!!" he quickly webbed up the wall back together.

Webb quickly shoots out of Y/n's wrists and attach themselves to a pole. Y/n swings on it and lands on top. Black Cat calls down from the top of a rooftop, "tag Spider, you're it~!"

"What the heck? My spider sense didn't go off?" Y/n wondered as Black Cat shot a line to get away. "Hey, Cat! Get back here!"

Y/n shoots a web to reach the rooftop but Cat was moving fast with a smirk, "come on, is this the best you can do?"

Y/n shoots a web to try and get her feet, but she swiftly dodged it. "Boring."

"I should be catching villains, but I've never had this much fun getting a villain." Spidey thought as he swung to catch up with her.

"You're starting to keep up, how cute~" Cat teased.

He leaped off the side of the building before diving down to the street level to try and follow Black Cat with her grapple gun hidden in her sleeve. She eventually reached the end of the rooftop, Y/n smirked, "well, end of the line, lady."

"Is that so?" Black Cat leaped into the distance and grabbed a ledge of the building, however it broke and Y/n quickly swooped in and caught her, "you know I could've saved myself."

"Force of habit." Y/n held her tight, there was no getting out.

"I guess I should feel safe with you around, huh?" Black Cat sighed.

"That may be comforting, but I need answers." Spidey turned to Cat, "what did you mean before and why are the police after you this time?"

"I..." Black Cat looked away. However, from her bag, a vial of Angel's Sin slips out of her bag.

Y/n's mask immediately scrunched up with anger, Y/n webbed the vial and held it, "Angel's Sin?! Are you insane?! Do you know how danger this stuff is?"

"Calm down, Spider, you don't want to make a sense." Black Cat actually said with genuine worry. Y/n looked to see people filming the two, Y/n webbed away with a deep sigh.

"Explain now." Y/n demands, in an angry tone.

"I told it from Silvermane. Let's just say, a deal went south." Cat explained but Y/n grumbled.

"I've never heard of that name. Who's that? Another imaginary friend to bust you out?" Y/n accused, with Cat looking offended.

"You can trust me! You've already beat me." Black Cat shouts as Y/n rolled his eyes, "how can you call me a liar because you don't know something?"

"Oh yeah sure, the criminal can be trusted after stealing a highly dangerous serum." Y/n sarcastically says.

Cat shoved his shoulder a bit, "oh yeah, Spider-Man? What makes you so trust worthy? You wear a mask to hide your crimes you commit when fighting criminals and villains."

"I'm Spider-Man, and for your information it's to save the people closest to me. That's why I wear a mask." Y/n glared, "I don't use it to hide my real self, I use it as a symbol!"

"We all wear masks, Spider. But which one is real, the one that hides our face or the one that is our face? I can tell that you're trying too hard to become someone you're not. You swing around like Ghost Spider but fail at it terrible, try to joke like Spider-Man, but suck at that too. Your not original in the slightest." Black Cat says as Y/n scoffed.

"Like I'm gonna trust someone who was stealing things when we first met." Spidey says as he started swinging towards the sirens. It was quiet at first, the two started to calm down. Black Cat didn't try to escape or nothing, it was rather surreal. "Maybe think about a career change...but...I, uh, like the costume."

"You don't need to carry me, I have feet, Spider." Cat says as Y/n started swinging away.

"Good, then walking into the police car should be a breeze then." Y/n says as he took a sharp right turn, "then what? Maybe you could walk the ground of Beloit."

"Maybe, but I don't think I belong down there." Cat says softly.

"That's what they all say at first. And besides...Usually, as long as you don't hurt anyone or steal from those in need, I don't have a problem with crime." Y/n admits, "I've been arrested before too. I stole from some higher ups at the orphanage I was staying at. I learned my lesson the hard way."

"So why are you so insistent on bringing me to the police?" Black Cat looked up.

"No one should break a rule if they don't understand why it's there in the first place. Maybe after spending some time reflecting, you'll learn what I did." Y/n chuckled, Black Cat blushed a bit. "What? You get moved by my life lessons?"

"And you ruined it." Cat says, before she sprouts cat ears from the top of her head. They twitch, "uh, somethings not right."

"Hmm? ——!?!" Y/n's Spidey sense went off. In a blue outline, Y/n heard a violent roar as a wave of bats swarmed the two, leading for them to go crashing into the ground.

The vision ended as Cat heard a bunch of wings flapping, "Spider, something's coming!"

"I know!" Y/n immediately went the opposite way, "WEBB! Take one arm over."

Webb shot out from Y/n's left arm, while Y/n wrapped Cat's arm with his. A wave of huge bats started to approach. "Well, now I know about the Bat Problem."

"What?" Cat asked before throwing some daggers at the bats, "Spidey, they're after me! Because of Silvermane, we'll meet again."

"Um, where do you think you're going? We're still?" Y/n didn't get the chance to finish because Cat just smirked with her claws out. "I don't like you."

"We both know that's a lie." Cat leaped into the distance before using a smoke bomb, "hopefully we can team up."

The giant bats lost Cat, they took flight once again towards Y/n but he appeared to be gone. A voice rang out in their heads, "come back to me, we'll find them again."

Y/n is seen out of costume and walking the streets of New York, looking at the Bats soaring into the clouds, "maybe Cat's telling the truth. Either way, this is the duty of Spider-Man. Should I tell Gwen?"

Y/n looked at the mask in his coat pocket. Webb nodded her head yes, but Y/n walked away. "I handled Tombstone...I'm sure I can handle Cat and this Silvermane..."

(Fun fact: out of all the names, I'm the most inconsistent with Allison's name. Sometimes it's "Alison" because for some reason, Auto Correct wants to tell me that "Allison" is not how you spell it. But it is. That's how the comics spell it XD)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

42.1K 899 13
All right lets do this one more time. Hi my name is Y/n Parker I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for 1 year I've been the one and only Spider...
25.8K 1K 86
PLEASE READ. So, I got the idea for this story after watching a what if scenario along with watching the Spider-Verse movies back-to-back. Let me a...
97.1K 2.4K 26
Okay, let's start this from the top one last time. My name is (y/n) (l/n), and I am, the one and only Spider Woman. Or so I thought. #1 in #peterbpa...
19.8K 412 11
"Let's do this one more time. My name is Y/N L/N and I was bitten by a radioactive spider.... in the eye for the past 2 years I have been the one and...