𝔽𝕒𝕣𝕒 π•₯𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•Šπ•₯οΏ½...

By angelicMichiko

Fara is the eldest daughter of Tenzin and Pema, and the granddaughter of Avatar Aang and Master Katara. Fara... More

Information on Fara
Chapter 1- Backstory
Chapter 2- The Return to Republic City
Chapter 4- Executive Manager
Chapter 5- The Missing Earthbender
Chapter 6- The Surprise Visit
Chapter 7- The Spirit of CompetitionοΏΌ
Chapter 8- Double date
Chapter 9- And the winner is.....
Chapter 10- The Aftermatch
Chapter 11- When Extremes Meet
Chapter 12- The Missing Avatar
Chapter 13-Turning the Tides
Chapter 14- General Iroh
Chapter 15- Endgame
Chapter 16- The Glacier Spirits Festival
Chapter 17- Goodbye's
Chapter 18- The Southern Air Temple
Chapter 19- The Phone call
Chapter 20- Peacemaker
Chapter 21- Ash
Chapter 22- Confused Feelings
Chapter 23- The Big Finale
Chapter 24- False Accusations
Chapter 25- Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 26- Darkness Falls
Chapter 27- Light in the Dark
Chapter 28- A Breath of Fresh Air
Chapter 29- Rebirth
Chapter 30- The Earth Queen
Chapter 31- In Harms Way
Chapter 32- Zaofu
Chapter 33- Birthday Sex
Chapter 34- Old Wounds
Chapter 35- Girls Day
Chapter 36- The Terror Within
Chapter 37- The Stakeout
Chapter 38- Deserted
Chapter 39- Its too Late
Chapter 40- The Airbenders
Chapter 41- Venom of the Red Lotus
Chapter 42- Jinora's Ceremony
Chapter 43- A Visit to the Fire Nation
Chapter 44- Midnight Love
Chapter 45-Birthday Bash
Chapter 46- Engagement Party
Chapter 47- Bring Your FiancΓ©e to Work
Chapter 48- After All These Years
Chapter 49- The Coronation
Chapter 50- The Calling
Chapter 51- Enemy at the Gates
Chapter 52- The Battle of Zaofu
Chapter 53- Reunion
Chapter 54- Secrecy
Chapter 55- Kuvira's Gambit
Chapter 56- Day of The Colossus
Chapter 57- The Last Stand

Chapter 3- The Probending match

10.3K 262 167
By angelicMichiko

My eyes quickly scan through the daily newspaper. "Councilmen Tenzin's oldest daughter, Fara has returned back to republic city, after her awful incident two years ago."

Dad scoffs with a roll of his eyes. "Ignore them!"

"Yeah, they don't know what they're talking about," Korra pouts.

I huff throwing the newspaper to Korra which she catches.

She flips through the pages. "-And in the final round the buzzard-wasps won with a decisive knockout." Korra excitedly reads.

She then turns to me. "What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro bending matches?"

Dad looks away from his food. "That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending."

"Come on, Tenzin." Korra exclaims. "I've dreamed about seeing a pro bending match since I was a kid, and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena."

Dads tone gets stern. "Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So for the time being, I want you to remain on the island."

I slowly get up. "Well, I'm going to head out."

"And where do you think you're going?" Dad questions me.

"I'm going to go bother my siblings." I answer sticking my nose up in the air and walking away.

As I walk out the room, I hear my siblings fighting outside. I peer through the paifang to see them arguing at the airbending training area.

"Hey, losers, what's going on?" I ask approaching them.

"Just Ikki and Meelo arguing about who is going to be the one who gets you to participate in training with us." Jinora calmly says.

I raise an eyebrow. "But you just told me?"

"So they didn't have to." She perks.

Ikki's eyes glare to the side of me. "Korra's gonna airbend!" She cheers as Korra and dad walk from behind me.

"Yeah, I'm out."

My father firmly grabs my shoulders. "Oh no, you're not." He then motioned to Jinora.

"This is what you're going to wear for the rest of the day." Jinora said flashing an air nomad outfit in front of me.

My eyes almost bulge out. "Dad, you know I hate the colors orange and yellow."

"Oh, stop your treacherous whining and try on the outfit."

I pout my lips. "Fine." I ran up into my room and dress into the outfit.

I study myself through the mirror. I don't look to shabby.

Once I arrive, Jinora is already demonstrating the spinning gates to Korra.

Ikki gushes as she notices me, "Wow! You look beautiful, Fara."

I do a little twirl. "You think?"

Dads eyes begin to tear up.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"Here we go again." Ikki sighs.

"My little girl is growing up."

Meelo snorted. "She is not little."

Jinora had easily gone through the gates.

I blew a gust of wind, increasing the speed for Korra.

"Let's do this." She says running into the gates and ramming into every single one of them.

My father and I both wince as Korra is being knocked around.

She then fell out the gates with a thud. She huffs, running back into the spinning gates.

"Don't force your way through."

"Dance, dance like the wind." Ikki encourages.

Meelo starts moving his body around like a serpent. "Be the leaf."

Dad lets out a heavy sigh as Korra is pushed out of the gates once again.

"I think that's enough for today." I suggest.

That night, Korra and I were sitting outside, near the white lotus sentries' headquarter. Korra had the newspaper from earlier hung up across her face as she aggressively tries to airbend it.

"What's wrong with me?" Korra yells at herself. "Airbend!" She then ferociously firebends the paper in frustration.

"Hey, I was on that newspaper!" I call out a little disappointed.

Korra's ear twitches as she hears a radio broadcast of a pro bending match nearby; where the guards are excitedly listening to.

She calls me over as we jump on top of the roof and begin listening ourselves.

"Ladies and gentlemen from republics cities pro bending arena, where tonight, the best in the world continue request for a spot in the upcoming championship tournament. Grab your snacks, grab your kids because this next match is going to be a doozy."

For the next hour or so, Korra and I are just sitting on the roof top listening to the match, but the radio gets turned off.

Korra and I both look at each other in confusion.

"Fara, Korra, come down here please."

I slowly airbend off the roof. "Oh, hey, daddy."

Korra swung her arms around. "You shut it off at the best part."

"I thought I made myself clear. I don't want you listening to this distracting nonsense."

"But it's their radio," I chime in. "And technically, you said we couldn't watch a match. You never said anything about listening to one."

Dad opens his mouth as he groans. "You know what I meant." He then begins to stutter. "Anyways should- shouldn't you two be in bed now?" He walks away but not before blowing a large gust of wind at Korra and I with his robe cape.

Korra giggles as she lifts up her hand for me to give her a high five.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

The next morning, I was woken up very early for meditation.

I yawn as I head to the meditation session. "Why did you have to wake me up? I don't need this."

"Don't you want to spend quality time with your siblings and I?"

I blankly stare at my father. "What I want to do is sleep."

"You can sleep after."

I rolled my eyes, sitting next to Jinora, crossing my legs together and resting my eyes.

We sat in silence for five minutes before Korra started talking. "I think I'm doing this wrong."

"There's nothing to do." Dad responds, kind of annoyed. "Let your mind and your spirit be free, for air is the element of freedom."

Korra begins to hysterically laugh.

"Is something funny?" Dad asks.

"Yeah, you're telling me to embrace freedom, but you won't even let me or Fara listen to the radio."

I open my eyes from the mention of my name. "Can you guys be quiet." I then glance at Meelo. "Please, look at Meelo. He's even mediating peacefully."

I then examine him a little closer, snot dripping down his nose. "I take that back, I think he's actually sleeping."

"What?" Dad shouts in disbelief. "Well, at least he has the relaxing part down."

"Whatever." Korra scoffs. "None of this airbending stuff makes any sense to me."

"I know you're frustrated but these teaching will sink in over time." Dad says, trying to be optimistic. "Then one day, they'll just click."

Korra lets out a deep sigh. "Yeah, it's not sinking in yet. I'm gonna go get a glass of lychee juice."

"Korra, the meditations not over yet." Dad yells after her.

"Daddy, can I have some lychee juice too?" Ikki innocently asks.

"No." Dad quickly replies.

I purse my lips, trying to hold in my laugh.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

That night, Korra bursts into my room.

I zap a bolt of lighting at her in shock. "Have you ever heard of knocking?!" I whisper yell.

"Did you just throw a bolt at me?" Korra asks kind of offended.

"It was self defense." I shrug. "Now what's up?"

Korra crosses her arms as she comes to realization. "Where were you about to go?"

"Nowhere." I swiftly answer, throwing my cloak in my closet.

"But, you're grabbing your night cloak, you're definitely going somewhere."

I throw my hands up in surrender. "Okay, you caught me, a friend invited me to a pro bending match tonight and I was going to go."

Korra's face lights up. "That's what I was going to ask you. Since you're going, can I join you?"

"Of course." I reply covering myself with my cloak.

Korra and I exit the house as we sneak past the air acolytes, running until we find ourselves at the edge of the cliff of the island, the water moving below us.

Korra grabs my hand as she leans forward, jumping into the water, creating a water bubble around us to breathe in.

After a long swim. We emerge from the water, I use my airbending to propel myself through the window of the arena as Korra uses her waterbending.

I grab her hand, pulling her along the hallway.
"Come on!"

We continue walking and stumble upon a training room. Korra whistles in admiration as she steps in.

"Hey!" A voice calls out. "What are you doing in my gym?"

"Uh, we were just looking for the bathroom and we got lost."

The man scrunches his face. "The two of yous, in the bathroom together?"

Korra and I side eye each other.

"You know, I'm sick and tired of you kids sneaking in without paying." The man rants. "I'm taking you to security."

"No, wait-"

"There you are." A familiar voice speaks. "I've been looking for you guys everywhere."

I turn to recognize the kid from the noodle shop.

"It's alright, Toza. They're with me." Bolin says wrapping his arms around both Korra and I.

"Yeah, we're with him." Korra quickly nods her head.

"So, you see, we are all together." Bolin gestures between Korra and I.

I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"Well, not together together." Korra innocently says. "More like friends."

Bolin's confidence drops as his voice gets higher. "Right friends. No, no, I didn't mean to imply-"

"Oh, you implied it." Korra mumbles.

Toza groans in frustration. "Ugh, I don't care what the three of yous are. I got work to do." He walks away, lifting up a weight.

I blankly stare at the man in disbelief. "Is he serious?"

Bolin smirks at us. "Right this way, ladies." He says gesturing down the hall.

"Why, thank you."

"No, seriously, thanks." Korra says stepping closer to him.

We follow Bolin's direction as he opens a door to a room, which we enter into. "What do you think? Best seats in the house, huh?"

Korra and I run closer, standing in front of a balcony that faces the arena. The view is breathtaking. We were facing the red side of the ring. The bleachers were full with republicans.

"Woah. Unbelievable." Korra says in awe.

"Name's Bolin by the way."

"Korra."

Bolin blankly stares at me, waiting for me to introduce myself.

"You seriously don't recognize me?" I laugh.

"I mean you are covered head to toe in black and wearing a cloak."

I remove my hoodie just a little bit, so Bolin could see my features well. "Good point."

His mouth drops. "Fara? You came!"

"You guys know each other?" Korra asks curiously.

"Yeah, he's the friend that invited me to the match."

"Ppst, Bolin." A voice interrupts, entering the locker room with another guy next to him.

Bolin walks over to the voice, seconds later, he returns. "Come here, I want you to meet my brother Mako."

I stood where I was, watching the previous team, plunge into the water.

Korra begins to gush over how she heard Mako on the radio. He must be cute.

"Okay, I gotta go, wish me luck," Bolin calls over to me as I turn my head to face him.

"You won't need it." I give him a thumbs up.

"I love her already!" Bolin exclaims.

When I turn back to look at the arena, I am hit by a tall figure.

"My bad," the guy quickly responds, putting on his helmet. "Didn't see you there."

"Is that supposed to be a joke, because I'm shorter than you?"

He glances down at me, man he was tall. "Maybe." And with that, he brushes past me and enters the elevator that leads to the arena floor.

A platform rose out of the ring, revealing a man
with a microphone. "Introducing the Fire Ferrets!" He points to Mako, Bolin, and the waterbender named Hasook. The man steps off the ring.

The commenter takes over. "The rookie Ferrets came from out of nowhere and have made it further
than anyone expected this season. But tonight, they
face their toughest test yet, folks."

A bell rings and the match begins. "And they're off!
The two teams waste no time trying to blast each
other out of zone one."

"Hasook is the first to feel the heat of the Tiger-
Dillos." I scrunch my nose. "Boo, he sucks."

Korra giggles smacking my arm at my comment.

Suddenly, Hasook and Bolin are blasted out of zone
one. Korra gets uneasy and begins tugging on her
hair. I can't blame her, this match is intense.

Mako is now the only member on his team still standing. Mako skillfully jumps evading the opponent's attacks. However, when he lands, his foot is slightly over zone one, giving the Tiger-Dillos the green light to advance.

"Come on femurs!" I yell in frustration.

"It's ferrets," Korra corrects with a laugh.

"Same thing."

As soon as round two starts, the Fire Ferrets are
once again knocked into zone two. That doesn't
stop them though. They easily take the second
round.

It's five minute into the third round and Hasook has already managed to knock him and Bolin out of the round.

"If Mako is knocked out, the Ferret's fabulous
season is over!" The commenter announces, raising the tension.

Mako holds his ground, forcing the Tigerdillos to drain themselves out, and knock two of their players out of the ring, creating a one-on-one showdown for the firebender and earthbender.

Mako emerges from the smoke and dust of the fight and knocks his opponent out of the ring, earning a win for the Fire ferrets.

Mako takes off his helmet and looks around, taking in all of the glory. His eyes land on me as he stares for a bit, before giving me a little smirk.

I playfully roll my eyes as I watch him make his way towards the elevator.

Bolin is the first one to arrive off the elevator. "Woo yes! One more win and we're in the championship tournament. So what'd you think? Bolin's got some moves, huh?"

Korra grabs the hems of Bolin's uniform, pulling him closer to her. "What did I think? That was amazing!"

"You did more harm than good out there!" I
suddenly hear Mako's voice scold. "You almost cost
us the match!"

"We won didn't we?" Hasook resorts.

"Barley." I mumble gaining Hasook's attention.

He then tries to smoothly walk over to me. "Hey."

I plaster a fake smile. "Hi."

"I've never seen you before. You're beautiful. Mind if we hit the back, if you know what I mean?" He winks.

I sarcastically giggle. "You're so sweet, but no."

Hasook shrugs his shoulders. "Was worth a try. I'm out." He says peace signing the brothers and walking out the locker room.

"Did he just hit on you?" Mako immediately asks once Hasook leaves the room.

"I'm pretty sure." I reply sighing.

Mako rolls his eyes. "Useless."

"You guys were incredible out there!" Korra
exclaims. "Especially you, Mr. Hat tricks!" She
compliments Mako.

"Oh, you're still here." He dryly responds.

I move my lips to the side. Damn.

"Oh, you're still a jerk?" Korra shoots back.

"Ooh," Bolin hisses.

Korra turns to continue her conversation with Bolin. "I've been immersed in bending my entire life, but I
never learned how to move like that! It's like there's
a whole new style here. Think you could show me a
few tricks?"

"Absolutely." Bolin beams.

"Right now?" Mako interjects glaring at his brother. "Come on, Bolin."

Bolin ignores Mako and continues talking to Korra. "I could show you the basics. I'm just not sure how my earthbending would translate to your
waterbending. But, we'll figure it out."

"Won't be a problem." Korra smugly responds,
crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm actually an
earthbender."

Bolin is taken aback. "I'm sorry! No, no. I did not mean to assume. Cause you know, I was just figuring with your water tribe getup that you are a water tribe gal."

"Nope, you're right." Korra states. "I'm a waterbender. And a firebender."

Bolin hums. "Mhm. mhm. I'm very confused."

"You're the Avatar." Mako says in realization.
"And I'm an idiot."

"Both are true."

Bolin eyes tighten. "No...way.." he looks away from Korra and turns his head to both Mako and I. "The Avatar!"

"I know, Bolin." I sheepishly smile.

"And what about you? You've got to be someone important." Bolin smiles getting up in my face.

I slowly walk away from the arena balcony and stand next to Korra. "Nope, just an average-"

Korra then pulls off my cloak, revealing my white ash hair and airbending attire.

I shriek, grasping for my cloak.

"The hair? The clothes? Are you-"

"No, no-" I object.

"She's councilman Tenzin's daughter." Korra excitedly shakes her head.

I blow a gust of wind, knocking Korra against the lockers.

Bolin nearly faints. "So you're Avatar Aang's granddaugher?"

"Yup." I respond popping the p.

Bolin grabs my face and takes a good whiff of my scent. "I just touched and smelled Avatar Aang's granddaughter." He gawks.

"Bolin, please." Mako says embarrassed, grabbing his brother. "Meet us in the training room in 10."

Mako drags Bolin out of the room, leaving just Korra and I.

"Ima go find some snacks. I'll find you guys later."

"Get me something please."

I give Korra a solute before exiting the room.

I find a pretzel stand outside the arena and buy one for everyone. I walk back into the arena and find the training room, where Korra and Bolin are practicing with Mako closely watching.

"I got you guys pretzels!" I announce my presences.

Bolin came hurling towards me. "I feel like you're always buying me food." He then turns to his brother. "Mako, did I tell you Fara gave me some of her meal the other day because I forgot my wallet?"

Mako's arms were crossed. "About 50 times, yeah."

I hand Korra her pretzel and walk over to Mako, who was leaning on the staircase.

"Hi, um I got you a hot pretzel if you want it, If you don't that's fine too."

Mako glances at the pretzel before taking it from me. "Thanks."

"No problem." We stood there awkwardly as Bolin and Korra continue their practice.

Mako leans off the stair railing, he was now towering over me. "Sorry, by the way about Hasook. He just gets like that when he sees beautiful women."

My cheeks were naturally red, but I felt my face warm up, I probably look like a tomato right now. "You think I'm beautiful?"

"No, yes, maybe." He stutters, his head slowly falls low. "Yes, you are."

I smile. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself."

Mako and I chit chatted for a bit before he let out a long yawn. "I'm beat, I think ima head to bed. Nice to meet you, Avatar Korra. See you upstairs, Bolin."

"I'm going to leave too, see you at the island, Korra. Bye, Bolin." I smile.

"Bye, Fara." He waves.

"Following me?" Mako asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Pfft. As if, Moxy Mako." I tease.

Mako chuckles. "You've got jokes. Huh?"

"No, but seriously I have to get home, my dad will literally kill me if he sees I'm missing. I snuck out. Well, I'll see you around, bye Mako."

Mako let's out a chuckle as he slightly bites his bottom lip. "Bye, Fara."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

943K 28K 56
Lyra (LYE-RUH) is the adopted daughter of Tenzin and Pema. No one knows anything about where she came from - at least that's what she thought. Join h...
283K 7.5K 41
What if Aang and Katara had another child, a girl named Talia. Talia is a non bender... Or so they all thought. But when the time comes it is reveale...
43K 1K 23
A Young Firebending boy has floated towards the Southern Water tribe on an Ice Berg, and was taken in by the Airbending Master Tenzin as a student...
618K 15.7K 20
Iroh takes in the Ba Sing Se's army general's daughter after the death of her father. She replaces the child he has lost. She is raised in the Fire N...