Heaven In Hell (Suicide Squad...

By RorschachWhoLaughs

You know the drill convicts. A lot more obscure characters in this one but I'm sure you'll like it more than... More

Girls
Issue #0: Go to Hell
Issue #1: Welcome to My Nightmare
Issue #2: The Creepshow
Issue #3: Folsom Prison Blues
Issue #4: Ill in the Head
Issue #5: Psycho Therapy
Issue #6: I Need a Doctor
Issue #7: Clean Up Before She Comes
Issue #8: Boomerang Bang
Issue #9: So This is the Famous Suicide Squad?
Issue #10: Everybody Dies
Issue #11: Forward to Death
Issue #12: brutal
Issue #13: Cool Confusion
Issue #14: Kill All Your Friends
Issue #15: The Four of Us Are Dying
Issue #16: you should see me in a crown
Issue #17: Third Wheel
Issue #18: This Place Hotel
Issue #19: I Fell in Love with the Devil
Issue #20: Horror Business
Issue #21: Rock With You
Issue #22: I Can't Sleep
Issue #23: I'm Going Slightly Mad
Issue #24: jealousy, jealousy
Issue #25: She Wants to Play With Fire
Issue #26: I Spy
Issue #27: This is How I Disappear
Issue #28: Bad Romance
Issue #29: Return of the Rat
Issue #30: The Crimson Ghost
Issue #31: Awake and Alive
Issue #32: E.T.
Issue #33: How to Be a Heartbreaker
Issue #34: Ugly
Issue #35: Schizophrenic
Issue #36: Liar
Issue #37: Stockholm Syndrome
Issue #38: Waiting for a Friend
Issue #39: Me, Myself, & Hyde
Issue #41: I Wanna Be Well
Issue #42: It Was A Good Day
Issue #43: Days Go By
Issue #44: The Hangman's Daughter
Issue #45: I Started a Joke
Issue #46: Good L_ck (Yo_'re F_cked)
Issue #47: Roadrunner
Issue #48: Detroit and Only Halfway Thru the Tour
Issue #49: Lady Jane
Issue #50: The Batman
Issue #50.5: The Sun Always Shines On TV
Issue #51: If You Don't Laugh At My Jokes I Will Literally Kill You
Issue #52: Ballroom Blitz
Issue #53: Under My Thumb
Issue #54: Change (In the House of Flies)
Issue #55: I'll Keep Your Memory Vague
Issue #56: Forget to Remember
Issue #57: Shatter
Issue #58: All Hell Breaks Loose
Issue #59: Your Numbers Up
Issue #60: The Unforgiven

Issue #40: The Kiss

9K 413 188
By RorschachWhoLaughs

"Thank God you're alright!" Cleo said. She was standing next to me with a bunch of bloody tissues and some bandages presumably from me, but the one I was most concerned with was the bandage wrapped around her arm, with a huge patch of dry blood on it. And her hand twitched every once and a while. "I haven't seen you since-"

"That?" I pointed at her arm. She looked at it and nervously laughed.

"Yeah, that. It's not as bad as it looks. Really." She said as her hand twitched again.

"I heard you almost died of blood loss."

"...Eh." She said waving her other hand in a so-so gesture.

"What does that mean?"

"I mean I guess technically, hypothetically, I could have died. But I mean it wasn't that big of a deal. I just slept for a day."

"You were in a day long coma!?"

"I mean that's what they say but I don't think all of these doctors went to medical school and know what they're talking about. I think I was just tired, really. I always fall asleep right after a mission."

"Well whether or not it was fatal I was still the one who did it."

"Look, what happened in Russia, it wasn't you. It wasn't your fault."

"How was it not my fault? Unless it was Peacemaker who cut through your arm-"

"Well I was the one who ran in after you so I guess we both have blame in it. Now hold still I have to reapply band aids now that I cleaned you up. I think I've washed your face more than I ever saw my father was his." She went to put a band aid on and I moved away.

"Why are you doing all this? Why are you here, you shouldn't be here." I asked.
She looked at me confused.

"...Because you're bleeding?" She said like it should be obvious. Then she shrugged. "And because if I didn't I'd have just added another twenty-five years to my sentence for no reason."

"You what!?"

"Waller and the Harcourt woman were here when I got here. Waller said you wanted to be left alone but I saw you laid out on the bed and I couldn't just not do anything." As she started to describe seeing me unconscious her voice trembled a little bit like it hurt remembering to see me unconscious. She cleared her throat before continuing in a more calm manner. "She told me she'd add another 25 if I went in. I told her I don't give a fuck and pushed her out of the way. Here we are."

"Why are you doing all of this for me? I'm a monster."

"Why do you say that? You're no monster."

"How do I believe that when I've been told that for the last few years of my life almost everyday that I am one?"

"Because Sebastian sensed good in you." She said before holding my hand. "And because I know there's good in you. Because if there wasn't I'd be dead right now."

"That's two people— one of which a rat— versus the word of Batman, Elsa, Waller, Alan, The Media, My Doctors, Mother, Crane-"

"At least two of those people are insane and have any of them besides Waller met the (Y,N) (L,N) from the last month?"

"(Y,N) last month got sent to the biggest maximum security prison in America after making a therapist kill himself and the rest of his therapists go insane and proceeded to kill dozens of people in Russia!"

"They were trying to blow us up! I think you get a pass on those!"

"What about the therapists that just wanted to cure me!?"

"Well was that you or was that The Ghost thing that tried to kill me?"

"It was me... I think... I thought..." I said before thinking back. The Crimson Ghost said he experimented with taking over complete control. And I realized I don't remember much of me and Dr. Cruz's last interview. Or Dr. Long's... or...

"And what about Terra and Blackfire? Ever since we've been back they've done nothing but tell me how great of a person you are. Or Colonel Flag? He checked up on you a couple times before going on another mission, talking about how good of a teammate you were. Or Killer Frost? She hasn't been friendly to anyone since I got here and she would come in and make sure you stayed alive during your coma and was almost as upset as I was when she thought you had died at the beginning of the mission and was the one to help me the most to break out when we found out you were still alive."

"I...I... You're probably just telling me things out of context that's not what's been happening."

"Why can't you just accept you're not a bad person!?"

"Because Elsa was never wrong and there has to be a reason I don't have any friends!"

"You do have friends! I'm your friend!"

No she's not.
"No you're not."

"Yes I am! Say it!" She put her hand under my chin and made me face her with eye contact. "Say I'm your friend!"

No she's not!
"No you're not!"

"I'm your friend!"

NO SHE'S NOT!
"No you're not!"

"I'm your friend!"

"No you're not!"

"I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" She said before smashing her lips into mine. I fell back slightly before she pulled me back into the kiss by my shirt.

I felt my eyes glaze over for a second and the sound of a scream like AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhh ʰʰʰʰʰʰʰʰʰʰ ₕₕₕₕₕₕₕₕₕₕ... that soon faded away. My eyes were wide open with shock and I saw out of the corner of it a puff of smoke shaped like a skull disperse. I then focused on Cleo who's eyes were closed. She rested her arms on my shoulders before her eyes suddenly opened and she pushed herself away.

"I-I-I I'm sorry- I didn't mean t-to just- I-I don't know what came over m-" She began to stammer before I pulled her into another kiss. She melted into it almost instantly as she ran her fingers through my hair and I laid her down onto the bed. This one, a lot more passionate than the first with our mouths actually opened and our tongues exploring each other's mouths. She put her own hands under my shirt feeling up my back and I put a hand under her shirt and she let out a moan as she felt my hand against the skin on her stomach and slowly make its way up. And just as I was about to make contact-

"Oi! Do you two not have any respect for the dead!?" I jumped at the sound of Boomerang speaking. I looked behind and he was being pushed in with handcuffs on and a black eye. He was grinning and I could see one of his yellow teeth were missing but I don't remember if that was new or not. He nudged over to Peacemaker's unconscious body. "I mean, neither do I, but I just wanted ta make sure we were all on the same level of terrible. I rememba the first time I shagged next to a corpse."

"You two! If you're not hurt, get the fuck out!" A guard said.

"All of the blood on this bed is mine from the last ten minutes." I said.

"Well are you bleeding right now?"

"No, I just got him to stop bleeding around five min-"

"Then get the fuck out!" The guard interrupted Cleo.

"Oi! You were about ta do it in front ovda lil one, too!? No shame on you buggers is there!?" Boomerang said pointing at Sebastian that was sitting on the bed next to us.

"You were supposed to be outside to let me know if there were any guards to kick me out!" Cleo told Sebastian.

"Yeah, he's right here! Get a move on you fucking freaks!" Said the guard. He pushed Boomerang to a bed. "You! Wait for the nurse and shut the fuck up!"

"Nurse? It's the leggy broad, innit? Please tell me it's the leggy broad! She can't resist the natural charisma of Ole Digger!"

"I told you to shut the fuck up!"

"I think we should go." I whispered to Cleo. I helped her up and we walked out of the room, holding hands. "...So, are we gonna, y'know talk about that?"

"What is there to say? Unless this is the part where you say it was just the heat of the moment and we should just stay friends..." Cleo said before she stopped and looked at me with a horrified look.

"No, I'm not gonna say that! God no! It had nothing to do with the heat of the moment!"

"So... would you wanna do that again?"

"Maybe after I get over the thought of Boomerang almost watching me grab your boob." I said before being the one to stop this time. Was it okay for me to-

"Yes I give you consent to touch me like that I thought the moaning was an obvious I consent." She said laughing her way through the second part of the sentence like she was embarrassed to admit she moaned. "But I guess I do have to ask... am I actually... your girlfriend now? And what does dating in prison even mean?" I looked at her and kissed her one more time.  She pulled herself closer to me holding onto my shirt and I moved forward almost pinning her against the wall as I put one hand on the wall. This one wasn't as passionate as the second one on the count of the turn off being walked in on by Captain Boomerang and being reminded that we were potentially doing it next to a man I killed, but things did start to heat up just before I let go.

"Yeah, you're my girl...friend. You're my best friend. You're my closest friend. You're my friend." I admitted. Cleo had a giant smile on her face and it looked like she was about to cry.

"I'm you friend?" She asked almost happier I said that more than she was about being my girlfriend. I nodded. "I think this is the happiest moment of my life."

"(L,N)! Cazo! What are you doing out of your cells!? Back to Block A immediately!" We turned around and saw a guard with Harley. She had a straight jacket on and she looked at us like she just found out Santa wasn't real.

"Alright, alright, we're going!" I said before looking at Harley. "Hey, Harley."

"Heya." She said. Her smile looked forced but I digressed.

"What's up with the straight jacket?" I asked her.

"We found her with you unconscious earlier." The guard's partner said. The five of us were walking down to block A. "She was detained and sent to solitary, and Dent is getting back from lunch. The last thing we need is another incident between the two so we're moving her to the other side of the prison."

"Wait she wasn't the one who cut my face open." I said.

"What?" One of the guards said before they looked at Harley angrily. "Why did you say you were the one who did it!?" Harley looked at me upset for a little longer before closing her eyes for a second and putting on the signature Harley Quinn smile.

"Wait I didn't do it? Coulda swore I did. Must've gotten mixed up with one of the voices in my head! Whoopsie daisies!" She said. Now this was interesting. She talked a lot more like an airhead or "Old Harley" then she did when talking to The Ghost and I earlier. Something was up. The guards quickly ripped off her jacket.

"Careful with her. You have a tendency to hurt people when taking those things off." I said speaking from experience.

"Which one of the crazies was it!?" The guard asked me.

"I don't remember really. The last few hours are a blur but I distinctly remember it not being Harley." I lied. I didn't want Jane getting in trouble for Hammerhead's misdeeds. Besides her jail sentence could only get so long from battering the guards before they just blew her head off. We walked back to our cells in silence from then on with the guards occasionally telling us to pick up the pace. When we got to the cells, Deadshot was leaning against the wall staring coldly out at the outside world. Harley skipped into her cell and as the door closed she seemed to angrily scream.

"What's going on with her?" Cleo asked.

"I don't know. But I'll figure it out. I think I owe her." I said. After I did Cleo yawned. "You tired?"

"Yeah... I think the stress of you being immediately sent to intensive care again has worn off. And the adrenaline from the kiss is gone too. I can go back to catching up on my sleep."

"Catching up? What did you miss an hour or two?" I joked. Cleo's face became a little nervous.

"Don't be mad."

"Mad about what?"

"I... I didn't sleep once the entire time we were both in the hospital wing together."

"You what!?"

"I couldn't, I was too worried about you! I didn't sleep for those four days until I was back in my cell once they kicked me out." She explained. "I'm sorry I-" She began to say before I cupped her chin to point her head upward and kissed her again. She immediately stopped talking.

"Hey! In the cell you animals!" One of the guards yelled at us stopping it from getting too intimate.

"If sorry is your trigger word I'll apologize more often." Cleo said with a goofy smile and fanning herself with her good hand.

"You don't gotta apologize for being perfect."

"I-I-I-" She stammered. She was blushing immensely. "When did you get so romantic?"

"I think I found something I've been looking for for a long time just now. But anyways that was a good night kiss. I'll see you when you get up. I also have some things I want to tell you when you wake up too." I told her.

"Yeah, okay." She said with a faint giggle. She was totally on cloud 9. We walked into our cells and I sat in it for the first time in ages. I waited around for a few minutes waiting to hear a cackle or something about how Cleo really thinks I'm a monster but nothing came to me. In fact my mind hadn't felt clearer in years. It felt like The Ghost might actually have been gone. Which lead me to think about one thing...

Did Boomerang just admit to having sex next to a corpse?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483 13 16
This story will follow an OC through there redemption or failure inside the Suicide Squad. Future reference material for Spectre/Geist will come once...
43.3K 1.2K 61
[Book One] "I've been the Archer, I've been the prey. Who could ever leave me, darling? And who could stay?" Started Aug 23rd, 2020 Finished Oct 15th...
4K 74 20
⚠︎ Trigger Warning ⚠︎ Book contains mentions of abuse and suicide. • • • "You know I love you, right?" "Then show me." •-✽-✽-✽-• Paige Montgomery, th...
174K 4.6K 36
" We can't change the past, but there's a difference between moving on and letting go." ~Harley Quinn~ Harper Phoenix's journey continues. With new v...