An Unexpected Turn Of Events...

By SaLlyStArZ

This is the most original Chaos story that you'll ever read Everyone is tired of the usual plot in which a de... More

Chapter 1: The Breakup
Chapter 2: My Power
Chapter 3: True Friends
Chapter 4: My Mother
Chapter 5: Into The Wilderness
Chapter 6: An Intergalactic Offer
Chapter 7: The Army Of Stars
Chapter 8: Domino Effect Part I
Chapter 8: Domino Effect Part II
Chapter 8: Domino Effect Part III
The Truth II

Chapter 9: The Truth I

915 25 14
By SaLlyStArZ

<Percy>

The first thing I do when I wake up is assess my surroundings. I cannot see anything since my eyes are closed, but I can definitely feel that I am on a bed. Back in the medical cabin perhaps? The first thing I see when I open my eyes is a monochrome room. The walls are black while the furniture and carpet is white.

Turning my head, I see two people, a man and a woman sitting in chairs beside the bed I'm in. They are whispering to each other and seem to be having a very deep conversation given the fact that they have not noticed that I am awake.

The man has long dark purple hair with stripes of gold, silver and white in them. His skin is extremely pale, and his eyes are -oh my gods is that King Chaos! Why would he be on Earth? Is he the man I bumped into? Oh gods, don't tell me it was him.

Tearing my eyes away from him I focus on seeing whether I will recognize the woman as well. She definitely looks like someone I know but I am only sure once I see her eyes.

'Mama!' I exclaim before jumping straight off the bed and into her arms. Unfortunately, I miscalculated just how far the chairs were from the bed and almost plunge headfirst towards the floor if not for my gravity powers which immediately activated and saw me floating into my mother's arms. Not allowing my almost concussion-inducing accident to deter me, I snuggle into her chest and let out a content sigh. I've missed her.

Mum is frozen for a moment, probably shocked at either my sudden hug or at the fact that I almost fell to the floor headfirst, before her arms wrap around me. She rubs her cheeks against mine as if indulging my childishness and I giggle at the ticklish feeling.

It takes a while before my actions catch up to me and my eyes widen. I try to pull away from my mum, but she holds me to her, smirking mischievously at me. I turn red as I realise that my childish mind had completely taken over with my influx of feelings.

Right in front of King Chaos.

I am going to die of embarrassment.

I turn even redder when my mom kisses both my cheeks and then drops me on the bed. I immediately turn to King Chaos my face becoming even redder (which I previously did not think possible). How could I forget that he was here? Why is my mom here and sitting next to him? I feel like I am missing something. Like my mom and King Chaos have a secret and refuse to tell me about it.

'King Chaos,' I say, bowing my head almost to my thighs. I would get off the bed but to bow but that might not be the best idea as I do not really know the state of my legs and it would be extremely embarrassing to get off the bed to kneel only for my legs to crumple underneath me and for me to fall to the floor. 'It is an honour to be in your presence, a mere demigod like me would never even dream of being graced by your company, and that is even without your attention. I-' I would have gone on and on with a monologue of King Chaos' greatness in order to divert what has to be anger from me if not for him interrupting me. That is honestly the whole point of the monologue.

I realised that I seem to always find a way to anger some god, titan, or primordial. Not that I didn't notice before, it is just that I did it on purpose then, now it's by accident. I've tried to stop doing it but it just doesn't work so I decided that instead of trying to stop the inevitable, I try and reduce the amount of trouble I would get into by soothing their anger with an unending monologue of their greatness and how it is even greater when compared to my 'useless achievements'. I spent weeks coming up with a monologue for every titan, god, and primordial I have ever met (except the Olympians of course, I want to annoy them) and some that I may meet in the future so that I am prepared. It was extremely tedious coming up with them all and then memorising the main points so that I can twist them to fit the situation, but I think it would be worth it. Like right now.

I only came up with one for King Chaos because you never know what may happen. There is also the fact that I was given a chance to join the Army of Stars by one of his commanders, accosted by his commanders and am fighting in a war with his brother. Everything seems to be revolving around him. I'm kind of scared for what the fates may have in store for me next.

Back to King Chaos' interruption, 'Enough.' I immediately close my mouth at his strict tone, feeling a bit embarrassed at almost rambling on and on. 'C-Percy, there is no need for you to refer to me by my titles, just call me Chaos.' He takes a breath and opens his mouth to speak again when I interrupt him, which in hindsight was not a good idea.

'Why would there be no need for me to call you by your title? You're the king of the universe, as someone under your rule I am supposed to refer to you with the proper title to show my respect.' I ask confused, repeating almost word for word the reason that Hestia and the book I read gave me when I questioned the point of calling immortals by titles other than to give them a big head and avoid being killed. What is going on?

'That is one of the many things we need to discuss.' I am just about to ask whether this has anything to do with the fact that I refused to join the Army. That should have been the first time I met King Chaos after all. But before I can do that I am barrelled into by a black blur.

Blackjack.

He starts to lick my face excitedly leaving slobber all over it. I laugh trying to push him away.

'Blackjack!' I giggle in my head. Once he finally stops, he steps back and we both grin widely at each other. 'Missed me?' I ask teasingly. He huffs and glares at me, but it loses effect as soon as our eyes meet. I feel a rush of emotions that aren't mine. Excitement, relief, fatigue, joy, happiness, nervousness, anxiety, anticipation. . .

'Woah,' I think.

'Yeah, this is pretty cool.'

'Blackjack?' I ask though there is really no need, I know it is him it's just that our communication feels different from what it was before. Our bond has been getting stronger but now it feels like we are the same person, or at least our minds are so entwined that I can barely differentiate my thoughts from his. 'This feels different from the way we usually communicate,' I point out, even though I know that we can both feel it.

'It is.' He says unhelpfully. 'Chaos is going to explain everything. I know you, let him talk before you ask any questions.'

'Explain everything? About what-'

'Percy,' Blackjack says exasperated in my mind.

'Sorry,' I reply sheepishly, before turning my head to Chaos who has been watching us with a fond look. 'Blackjack said that you have something to tell me?'

'Yes.' Chaos replies simply.

'Does it have anything to do with our strengthened bond?' I ask. I have a feeling it does.

'Yes, the connection you share with Alexus does have to do with what I need to tell you.' He answers, nodding in agreement to his words.

'Alexus?' I ask confused. Is he talking about Blackjack?

Chaos sighs. 'That is part of what we need to talk about.' My mom stands up to sit on the edge of my bed, patting the seat next to her in invitation to me. I immediately move over to sit next to her, and that is when I notice it.

'AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!'

Chaos immediately bolts upright; my mom turns her head towards me so fast that it looked like she would get whiplash. Chaos is already in front of me, checking me over for injuries and asking me what is wrong. My mom is as well, both are searching desperately for what has upset me. My heart warms at how much they obviously care. My mom, I understand but Chaos confuses me. Why does he care so much about me?

Back to what disturbed me in the first place I look at my tiny chubby legs. My feet can't even reach the ground on the bed. I look at the rest of my body. Everything is smaller. I jump off the bed stumbling a little before running towards the large full body mirror that is at a corner of the room. It is beside a dressing table, but I don't pay attention to that, my focus is entirely on my reflection.

I look like an 8-year-old kid.

I stare at my reflection in silence. Chaos and mom hold their breaths waiting for my reaction. My eyes begin to fill with water. I sniffle a bit, becoming increasingly louder until I am full out bawling. I turn and rush into my mother's arms crying my heart out.

Act like one too apparently.

I am crying in my mom's arms for a few more minutes before I turn around in her hold to face Chaos who is sitting beside us looking at my mom with envy. I tilt my head in confusion for a second before shaking it off and tapping Chaos on the knee.

'Yes?' He asks.

'Does what you want to tell me explain why I look like I'm eight again?' He nods. 'Okay then, I'm all ears,' I say, still quietly sniffling. Blackjack is in the center of the bed, gazing at us all with interest and amusement. Kind of hard to see on the face of a wolf, the bond is what allows me to make sense of-, wait. A wolf. Instead of asking I just shake my head, everything will probably be explained in what Chaos wants to tell me.

I turn my head to face Chaos once I hear him begin talking. 'I am Chaos, as you already know. I have a brother called Order, and my father is Chronos, Lord of Time. Your mother, who you have known as Sally Jackson all your life is actually Elpis, Primordial of Hope.' I am shocked and it is obvious with how wide my eyes are. I turn to look at my mom, betrayal and hurt shining in my eyes. Why didn't she tell me? I turn away from her not letting her speak, instead focusing on Chaos' next words. He doesn't seem to have noticed the exchange between mom and I.

'We both met in disguises, pretending to be people we weren't. I went as CJ while she was Esperanza. We became friends, started dating, until I asked her to marry me and told her the Truth about who I was. She, likewise, told me about her being Elpis and a primordial. I was quite shocked by that but the reason behind that can be discussed another time.' He looks at me a bit sternly as if he can sense that I was just about to open my mouth.

He takes a breath, recollecting his thoughts before he continues. 'We married in secret, not wanting anyone to know about our relationship so as to not plant a target on Elpis' back. We were just getting ready to announce our relationship and have an official marriage when Elpis got pregnant. That of course set things back a bit. We wouldn't want a child of ours to become a target of assassins, so we kept everything under wraps for a bit longer. The only person who knew about everything was my brother, Order.'

'I trusted him,' Chaos rasps out, his voice laden with grief, 'He betrayed us.' Chaos' voice cracks at that as if he is about to cry. 'I left you in the nursery with your mother and him. I don't know exactly what conspired while I was gone, but by the time I came back, you were all gone. The nursery was destroyed.'

'I thought you were dead,' He bites out. 'I am so happy that you aren't, I would never be able to forgive myself.'

I nod to show that I listened to his words, I am about to stand up when he continues, 'He came back a month later, my brother. I was drowning in grief and guilt, I thought he had killed you. That I had killed you by my blind trust.' He swallows, thinking over his next words before he resumes speaking, 'He appeared in the nursery. I was there trying to find any clue that could point to you and El being alive when he appears in front of me and gloats about killed you both. How El had begged and begged for him to spare you and kill her instead.'

My mum squeezes me tighter at these words, as if checking to make sure I am still there. Her eyes have a glassy look as if she's lost in thought. I can't bring myself to still be angry at her after hearing how she begged for me to live, instead my heart warms at the fact my mum loved me enough to die in my place. It's clear that I'm the child he is speaking about.

'I didn't believe him.' Chaos states, sounding aloof and distant as if separating himself from the memory. 'Didn't want to believe him. It's not in Order's nature to gloat or brag about what he does. He plots and plans so that when he does something it will be recognized and praised without him having to tell anyone. Or if he does tell someone, it would be like it was a slip of the tongue and so he would still appear humble. Makes everyone around him think he is a humble saint.' I think I hear chaos mumble 'Bullshit' under his breath, but I can't be sure.

'He is still my brother and I love him, it is just in his nature,' I nod to that only because Chaos looks like he needs someone's agreement. He looks like he is about to break down from all the different emotions he must be going through. Chaos was not able to tell anyone about all that happened and come to terms with it because the three people who did know, two were supposedly dead and the other killed them. It is quite ironic thinking about it.

It must be so painful for him to finally be able to tell people about it more than a decade after it happened, especially since the people who he is speaking to are the victims who he thought he failed. Not even talking about the trauma of facing his brother and his forces in battle throughout that time. The brother whom he trusted.

'I spent 5 years searching for you. I don't have much time as you know. Having to run the universe all by yourself is quite taxing. Any free time I have is usually spent sleeping or trying to finish up work that I left the day before to tend to other things. I have my advisors, followers and employees, but I am still the one ordering them about and telling them what they need to do.' Chaos shakes his head and for a second his tiredness and weariness are clearly displayed in his eyes. One of my mum's hands temporarily let go of me only to be placed upon one of Chaos'. He smiles at her, and in that moment, I know that Chaos really loves my mom. I feel relieved at that, if Chaos didn't really love my mum, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Even if we ran, he can just send someone after us.

'Hope was slowly dwindling down, and the war with my brother did nothing to help. I started to lose hope that I would ever find you, the number of times I searched for you decreased until I stopped trying. I believed you were dead. Imagine my shock when I hear from one of my contacts on Earth that a mortal demigod son of Poseidon was spreading hope around the planet that they would win the next war. I thought nothing of it at first, thinking that the hope would diminish in some time but it didn't. It just kept getting stronger and stronger.

'I honestly thought that the war with Kronos that came up (the second titan war is what you call it) was going to be the end of Olympus. Earth was created for my primordial children to keep them safe, away from my creations around the universe. I was quite shocked when I found out that they had procreated and that as a result of Prometheus moulding humans out of clay, Earth is as populated as it is. It was quite unexpected. My children and grandchildren fought two wars against the Olympians each. The Olympians only won the first two by luck, and the last two thanks to you.'

I nod my head agreeing with that statement. Without me the Olympians would have fallen, a fact. It doesn't even need to be said everyone who was there knows it, especially the gods themselves. The prophecy was quite clear about the fact that I would play a very important role in the prophecy. Going as far as to protect me till I was sixteen.

'You intrigued me. A mortal carrying the powers of my wife Elpis, though of course not as powerful. She is able to give hope to the universe by her mere presence while you were only able to give hope to the gods and demigods and that was through speeches. Even so, I was interested. With your influence an entire war had been turned around. I watched you for a while through my spy, heard about your fatal flaw of loyalty and skill with a sword. I had been wanting to invite you to the army for a long while, but you were happy with life on Earth and it would be very wrong of me to take you from that. You also had a girlfriend,' he adds the last line as an afterthought. 'When I heard about how you had been betrayed, I thought that I might as well just ask you to join the Army instead of just stalking you. I usually recruit new members by myself but on the day when I was able to finally track you down to a specific place, I had a meeting with the royal family of a planet and so had to ask Elina to meet with you in my stead. Evidently, that was not a good idea, I was regaled with tales of your rudeness and disrespect when I have known you to be kind, loyal and caring.'

I blush a little at that.

'I'm sure that you have ascertained from all I have said that you are the child I am speaking about.' I nod, it was obvious. 'So, though it's a little late. Perseus, you are my son.'

I breathe in shakily. Everything seems more real now that Chaos has said it outright. I am the son of the King of the Universe. I am now The Prince, and it's terrifying.

I attempt to act light hearted and unbothered by his words, jokingly saying, 'Imagine the faces of the gods and demigods when they find out that Perseus Jackson is the Son of Chaos.'

'Actually, your name isn't Perseus,' Chaos states offhandedly but with a slight hesitance that shows that he is slightly unsure about how I will react to the news. 'Your actual name is Cosmo. Harmony.'

'Beauty,' I mumble the only meaning of the name that I know.

'Order.' Chaos finishes. The last meaning of the name makes me look up at him.

'Am I named after my uncle?' He nods and that tells me just how much Chaos trusted his brother. My mom, meanwhile, has just been running her hands through my hair and humming a lullaby under her breath. Feeling that the conversation is over, I close my eyes and relax back into my mom's familiar warmth. We all sit in silence, Blackjack's head coming to rest on my lap as he sleeps.

-

Chaos has to leave after some time to attend to some things and so leaves me with my mom who clearly wants to talk to me. I don't let her speak first though, I want answers and I want them now.

'Mom why didn't you tell me that you were Elpis? Have you been lying to me about every single thing all my life? Do you really even love me?' Ok the last thing was a bit of a stretch. I know my mom loves me, and she knows I know it too, I just want to communicate how hurt I am to her.

'Cosmo please, just let me explain. Everything will make sense when I'm done,' She looks pleadingly at me. I sigh, nodding my head in acquiescence. 'It all started when I met your father. I am one of the very few primordials who were not created by him and I think the only one who did not go to him to gain recognition. That is why he did not recognize me when we met. That is not to say that I recognized him, he was in a disguise though I was not. There was no need for me to disguise myself seeing as no one would recognize me anyways, all I needed to do was hide my aura and power. We became friends after we kept bumping into each other, soon hanging out turned into dates and then he proposed.' Mom lets out a dreamy sigh, 'That was the best moment of my life. I agreed immediately but there was still the problem of our identities. He told me that he needed to reveal something about himself that was extremely important and that if my decision to marry him changes he won't hold it against me.

'He led me to a secluded are and erected a silencing barrier. Basically, it causes a wave absorbing barrier to surround us so that any sound waves we produce by speaking cannot be picked up by the ears of those around us.' I nod to her explanation, happy to learn more. 'Well, he revealed to me that he was Chaos the King of the Universe and that if I am to marry him, I would need to become immortal. He explained that I would become the Queen of the universe and so would have multiple duties that come with the title. I of course, didn't know about him being Chaos and so was quite shocked by the revolution, but mainly I felt guilty. You see I had not been planning to ever tell Chaos of my identity as a primordial. I would have just lived with him until he grew old and died, adjusting my looks accordingly as he ages, then I would move on to another plant and start a new life. That is how I had been surviving for centuries. The war against the primordials hadn't been kind to the universe and I didn't want to cause problems for no reason. Nobody knew where the primordials were taken and I definitely did not fancy getting locked away somewhere or being forced to fade.'

She takes a breath, adjusting me in her arms, 'Finding out Chaos was immortal changed everything. I could stay with him for all eternity, all I had to do was own up to the fact that I am a primordial. You can imagine how hard that was for me, I had kept my divinity a secret for centuries and I was terrified of what he would say when I told him of it, but I did. I loved him and wanted to be with him, I didn't want to deal with the chance that our marriage may fall apart as a result of me keeping secrets from him. There is also the chance that he wouldn't want to be with a primordial because my aura is similar to that of his children and so left me anyways. It was a risky gamble but it paid off in the end, we got married and had a beautiful child.'

She smiles at me, and for a second, I could pretend that nothing was wrong. That nothing had changed. That we were at our old apartment; I was just returning from school and we were talking about how my grades had improved. She would tell me how proud she was and smile at me with this exact smile, and I would fill up with warmth and pride. Pride that I had put that look there.

But it's not. I became a demigod, went on life-endangering quests that I only just barely survived. Went through war, twice, and after all that was shunned by my peers for something I have no control over. I travelled for three years before returning to fight in yet another war only to get the shock of my life after almost dying by arrow. I am the son of the queen and king of the universe.

Thinking about just how messed up my life has been up to this point and will probably continue to be makes it so much sadder.

I quickly turn my attention back to my mum as she speaks again, 'Your father has already told you about how your uncle claimed to kill us both. That is only partly true, he only killed me. When your father left us in the nursery with him, I had felt nothing amiss until I heard all exits lock and Order's magic encase us in a silencing barrier. I had immediately shot up with you in my arms and asked him what was going on. He had turned to me with a pitying look and asked me to give you to him. I refused asking him again what was going on. He just shakes his head and tells me 'My dear Elpis, I very much hoped it would not come to this.' I took a step back, wary of what he wanted to do. As soon as his fingers twitched, I turned around to shield you with my body as he stabbed me in the back. Fitting hm? I fell onto the floor, weak, as my body shut down and I died. He takes you from my hands. My baby!' She practically growls the last line and I warm a bit at her protectiveness.

'He was already so familiar to you that you didn't even fuss when you opened your eyes and saw you were no longer in my arms. You just went back to sleep. I begged him not to hurt you, to kill me instead, tried to guilt trip him by reminding him of the fact that you are his nephew. His only nephew. He wasn't swayed by my pleading. He told me that he is sorry for what he has to do before whispering some words that I could not hear and then speaking the incantation for a teleportation spell. You disappeared from his arms. Seeing that I knew you were still alive which I was extremely thankful for. Him killing me was not so bad as I would have been reincarnated as someone else and gained my memory and powers back when my reincarnation either reached their majority or if before that, when they felt the most hope. But if he had killed you, as a child below the age of 18 you would have died like a mortal as your immortality was not fully developed yet. We would never have been able to get you back. As you were a child when you died, you would remain as such no matter what we did.' I remember the timeless face of Luke Castellan, looking just like he did as he plunged a dagger into his Achille's heel. 'With the last of my magic I cast a spell that would direct my reincarnation to someone close to you. Whether an aunt, sister, even your best friend my reincarnation would have a close relationship with you. I was extremely lucky to get your mother,' she adds the last line smiling at me.

'I had laid down on the floor content to wait until I died to be united with you again. Calling for Chaos would have been fruitless with the silencing barrier, and I was too far gone to be healed. Anyways, dying and reincarnating close to you was the best way for me to find you again after I died, I was quite sure that Order's magic had messed with your aura, and I was right. Well, right before I died Order came up to me and laid his hands on my back. I was so weak that all I could do was squint and try and look behind me to see what he was doing. He chants some words but with my sluggish mind I couldn't make any out. Though I don't know what the spell was I know what it does. It restricted me from being able to gain my powers back at my reincarnation's majority. In fact, it practically trapped my spirit inside of the body of Sally Jackson. I could remember everything that happened but was unable to use my powers or escape, I watched the world through her eyes. The only good thing was being able to see you again.

I awoke in Sally Jackson's body and the first thing I saw was you. Though your appearance was altered I knew it was you. As time passed my powers returned to me, though I couldn't escape from Sally Jackson's body. All that my presence was able to change was the nature of Sally Jackson. The kind, caring and motherly nature of hope was able to alter Sally Jackson and make her almost exactly like me in personality. If you were to look for Sally Jackson now, she would not be the woman that you have known.'

'I thought that she was your reincarnation,' I ask confused. 'Why does she still exist if you are here?'

'She wasn't my reincarnation,' she explains. 'She was merely a prison to hold my spirit.'

I nod in understanding before asking another question about something that has confused me for a while. 'I was given Pandora's pithos by Prometheus to break when we lost all hope. I was told by Hestia that it contained the spirit of Hope. How is that?'

Elpis takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly as she ponders how to answer. 'I actually do not know. I, like others in the universe did not know about the existence of Earth. But it is possible that my power was sent here to help them in the many years in the form of the hope at the bottom of the pithos. Of course, there is also the chance that the Olympians lied and hope is not actually contained in the pithos' I nod to that. I am still a bit confused but mom seems just as confused as I am when trying to explain.

'As you grew older,' my mom says, continuing the past conversation, 'Your power and aura grew as well. The more powerful you became, the more your father's magic shined through. Your power over water is actually the elemental power over water rather than the powers of a child of Poseidon, that is why your control over water is so much more powerful than the average son of Poseidon. Order couldn't have completely blocked your powers or they would have exploded at some point and destroyed any other spells and blocks he may have placed on you, so, he left you with one of your elements and only let out a trickle of the others. But as you grew older your powers became stronger and strayed from the normal power levels and abilities of a child of Poseidon. What really broke the block that was on your powers was when you used blood bending. Blood bending is a power specific to only water elementals, children of Poseidon are not able to use such a power. Using it had not only broken the block that was placed on your water elemental powers to limit how much of it and its abilities you could, but had also begun the slow deteriorating of the other blocks that Order placed on you.

'To be able to break from Order's bonds I needed enough of Chaos' aura and magic to properly combat it and cancel it out. My own power was not strong enough to do so on its own, especially in its weakened state. As you grew more and more powerful, your father's aura is mixed with yours and so it increased which allowed me to slowly escape. The outburst of your aura when you came in contact with your father and all of Order's magic was cancelled out, was enough to properly free me and allow me to escape. It is the fact that the auras of immortals or at least the children of immortals, always contains their parents' aura that allows mythological creatures and other immortals to know what god is your sire must of the times. It is something that is true for every being that has divine blood. As soon as the bonds broke, I immediately flashed out of there. The mist would have taken care of their memories.'

I nod in understanding to her words. Then, 'What do you mean by 'taken care of their memories'?' I say cautiously.

She looks hesitant at first, as if she doesn't want to tell me, but she seems to decide to as she starts talking, 'Immediately I flashed out of there the mist would have instantly cleared them of all memories of the mythological world and replaced them with years of normal, mundane lives. They won't remember you.' It was only on hearing her last words that I realised what she was saying. They don't remember me. They don't remember all the time we have spent as a family. They don't remember the laughter, tears, joy that we have shared. And oh Estelle, my little sister. Gone.

Tears well up in my eyes, I try to stop them but they fall anyway. My mom pulls me to my chest and holds me there, letting me cry into her shirt. She rubs my back soothingly and whispers words of comfort until I stop. I rub my red eyes as I move away from her. 'Thank you for telling me,' I tell her truthfully. 'It would have been much more painful if I had gone to visit them and they hadn't recognized me.'

She nods to my words but doesn't say anything. Instead, she pulls me into her arms and then settles me back onto the bed. She tucks the blankets around me, moving Blackjack -or is he Alexus now- to be beside me. 'Sleep well,' she says softly, kissing my forehead.

She puts off the lights by the door and is about to walk out when I break out from the haze of sleep surrounding me to whisper, 'Wait, why do you call Blackjack Alexus? Why am I so small? Does it have something to do with being Chaos' son?'

My mother turns back to me, I am able to see her clearly even though there is only soft glow from the stars on the walls. I startle a little bit about just noticing that but quickly shift my attention back to my mom once she starts to speak. 'Everything will be explained soon my dear, but first you need sleep. Tomorrow your father will speak to you about everything else and answer any questions you have.'

Feeling unease at her referring to Chaos as my father I ask quietly, 'Will he be like Poseidon? Chaos I mean.'

She shakes her head firmly, 'No. My opinion is a little biased but I can confidently tell you that your father -Chaos- loves you very much. He will do anything for you.' I nod to that, not saying anything. If that's true then he already has something over Poseidon. Poseidon never loved me, just saw me as a means to an end. An opportunity to gain more respect and to make himself look good. If Chaos actually loves me, then maybe I can finally have a father.

Mom smiles at me before leaving the room, quietly closing the door. I turn my head to face Blackjack's sleeping face beside me. His presence makes me feel comforted and stable. It always has, more so now. I close my eyes and hold the blanket tighter to me. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but hopefully, it would have more answers. In a cocoon of warmth and a feeling of safety, I let myself be guided into Morpheus' realm.

Wait a minute. Chaos never told me why I am an 8-year-old kid.

                                                                                                                                                            Words: 6253

~Hey guys, I am so so sorry for the long wait. So many things are going on in my life and this just wasn't top priority. I have so many things pending that I feel like my life has a due date. I can't promise regular updates but I will at least try to write more in my free time.

Hope that you at least enjoyed the chapter, the next one is going to be my favorite so far.

Did anyone guess that CJ and Esperanza were Chaos and Elpis? I doubt it.

Comment and Vote!

SaLlyStArZ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2K 33
(A/N: I do not own any of the pictures or characters used in this fanfic.) You all know Perseus Jackson, the great hero son of Poseidon. We know his...
1.2M 23.5K 35
A/N: I do not own anything except for the things I made, all belongs to Rick Riordan. I know, I know. It's not the most original story. But...You kn...
1.4K 85 35
{ after Blood of Olympus, Jason is still alive, Leo might be in this story, IDk how this will go, SOLANGEO OFFICIAL!!!} So this is my first PJO fanf...
10.1K 230 17
This is not your normal Chaos story. No one gets betrayed and runs away. No one gets killed. But there is one person who gets kidnapped. One person w...