After All (Kaoru Seta x Male...

By eirhonjanpalugod

"I guess it's meant to be... Forever you and me, After all." A princess and an outcast. Each one longed for s... More

Prologue : The Tragedy of The Princess and The Outcast
Chapter 1 : Y/N L/N
Chapter 3 : The Princely Princess
Chapter 4 : Rubies for Eyes.
Chapter 5 : The "Squire" in Shining Armor
Chapter 6 : Hii-chan's Dilemma
Chapter 7: Kao-chan (Part One)

Chapter 2 : Kaoru Seta

342 17 6
By eirhonjanpalugod

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Kaoru's POV:

Fleeting.

It's been the word that I've been using ever since. The word that continued to spark the hearts of my little kittens.

A word that I continued to hold onto, and the very essence of my existence. A word that I solely resonate and embrace with my very own.

...

What does Fleeting, truly mean...?

...

...

...

...

It... is but that.

...

It was thanks to this word, I've had the time of my life. Fleeting has been my super power, and the very air that I breathe.

...

Fleeting, is who I am.

...

"WE LOVE YOU KAORU-SAN!!!"

I snap out of my thoughts, as I passed by the halls, passing by my beloved kittens with their beautiful smiles.

I immediately stopped walking and turned to them, with a smile.

"And I love you too... My Little Kittens~..."

I winked at them, before going back to my business of making my way to the Drama club.

While doing so, I could hear loud squeals back from the spot where I greeted them, and having this much support from the whole place just puts a smile on your face.

Oh, Heavens... I really love my life.

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

It was quite surprising that Haneoka has converted into a co-ed. There's this feeling within me that things could get way more interesting this year.

But for this first day, everything was just all the same.

I enjoyed doing another episode of Shakespeare with Kaoru, and everything else was just the usual stuff that happens to me.

Right now, I'm currently sitting along with my dearest little kittens, and talk to them about our lives. Well, most of them actually just asking me to share some more quotes from Shakespeare.

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite."

"She's so dreamy..." A bunch of the little kittens said in unison, making me chuckle slightly and mutter out my signature line.

"Kaoru-san, can I ask a question?" One of them called to me.

"Ah, of course you can... Ask ahead, my sweet~!" I immediately replied.

"You are the coolest, kindest, and most fleeting person! You look like you have every fleeting thing the world can offer, But..."

...

"...Have you ever wanted something...?"

...

Have I... ever wanted something...?

That's one pretty vague question. So many ways to answer it, and yet... I don't know what to say to her.

The question continued to ring around my mind, but I just can't seem to find the right thing to say to her.

But perhaps, a little being flamboyant would do the trick.

"Of course, My little kitten~..." I turned to her with a charming smile.

"All I've ever wanted, was to see your fleeting smiles~!"

Squeals can be heard once again from the others. I've always loved seeing people happy from what I do. At least, with this princely act of mine... I could actually make a change.

I look up at the sky, with a smile plastered on my face, truly savoring every moment. I close my eyes, and slowly try to remember from where I came from, and how I became, like this.

...

...

Back then, I wasn't that much of a fleeting person. I used to be shy, and real bad at communicating with others. I didn't really have that much friends and people adoring me at that time. Well, except for the one and only, Chisato Shirasagi.

Or should I say... Chii-chan.

It was thanks to her, I finally found such a confident person within me. I even found a friend to finally feel comfortable with. It was all thanks to her, for being such an amazing person to me, and to many others. She knew the struggles she was in very well, balancing her acting career and daily life.

And despite people trying to call her evil, because of a role she played, she continued to stay professional, even if it hurt her. She was the one, who helped me at that time. And because of that, I wanted to help her too. I can't stand people taking her the wrong way, and back then I even lamented that I couldn't do anything to help her. I wasn't strong enough to defend her, from my classmates who thought the other way.

I've always hated the feeling, of not being able to do anything.

...And so the time came. The moment I've stepped inside the premises of Haneoka, I made a vow to myself. In order for other girls, not to feel the same I did before, I must step out of my own zone, and become someone else.

...To become something else.

...

Suddenly, the bell rang, making me stand up and bid my farewell to the little kittens.

"Alas, I must depart..." I turned to them and winked one more time.

"See ya', My little kittens~..."

And with that, I went on my way to wherever I was going next, while faintly hearing the squeals and cheers from behind. I chuckle slightly before continuing on my way.

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

A few hours had finally passed, and the first day had finally ended. I was walking home, reflecting on everything that happened.

It was... Fleeting.

To sum it all up, that's all I could say about the first day. It was truly a new and exciting experience to see boys in the school, since the conversion of Haneoka.

I had tons of fun seeing my little kittens, and practicing at the drama club once again. Things were the same as always, and I totally love it.

However...

...

That little kitten's question from earlier, just continued to repeat inside my head.

"Have I ever... Wanted something...?" I said to myself as I continued to walk.

Later on, I ended up sitting at a park, where I saw a certain jellyfish-loving drummer.

"Kaoru-san!" Kanon waved as we met up at the bench.

"Ah~! If it isn't my dearest Kanon..." I smiled at her. "How's your first day?"

"Oh, the usual... It was really fun!" She beamed a bright smile while saying so.

It was evident on her face that she had enjoyed this day.

We sat down, and talked about our first days, while enjoying the view of the sunset at the park. However, I still couldn't get to shake off my thoughts about that question earlier. It continued to ring around my mind.

Wanting to move on, I immediately brought out a book from my bag. A book that I so loved and cherished ever since I was a kid.

My mother told me this story every night before I go to bed. And having grown into this story, I decided to have it everyday.

I was told it was a book to have sold only two copies, and with different endings at that.

It was a tale that truly struck me, and also helped shape me into who I am today. A story that had a very special place in my heart.

"What are you reading, Kaoru-san...?"

I turned to see Kanon, seemingly paying attention to what I was reading as well.

"Ah, I see... It has peaked your interest as well..." I smiled.

"It's a story. A really fleeting story... That really made an impact on me."

"Really? What's it about...?" Kanon asked.

"It's premise was, about how a princess, and an outcast, fell in love. It was a story about how two people, living different lives, living in totally different worlds, found each other."

"Wow, that's so... Fleeting." Kanon replied.

"Really fleeting, Indeed." I smiled. I looked at the book once again, with a genuine smile.

No matter, how many times I read it, I'm glad that I got to see the outcast keep his promise, to come back to the princess, no matter how impossible the situation he was in.

No matter how much, the world tried to separate the two of them, they always found a way back to each other.

"In the end, The princess and the outcast, got what they wanted for each other, a true happily ever after." I smiled, while talking about this to Kanon.

"That's sounds like such a sweet ending, Kaoru-san..." She started.

"It was truly a fleeting one..."

I looked back at the book with a melancholic smile, as a small realization comes to me.

...

"An ending... That I, myself would want to experience..."

...

It was truly different for me, a princely character, resonating with such a princess in the story.

We both have everything. We have our dearest friends and loved ones, and we seem to be having the time of our lives.

But deep inside, we all have that one thing, that we want to fill that empty space in my heart.

"It must be nice... To be in the shoes of the princess, in that story..." Kanon stated.

Yes... It does indeed, feel that way.

I looked around our area, seeing couples holding hands with one another and enjoying each other's company.

But what truly, hit me the most, was the smiles plastered on their faces. They seem so genuinely happy with one another.

It was truly a fleeting sight.

And in my mind... Those words from the little kitten back in school circled around my mind.

But, I seem to have found that certain empty spot in my heart and life, that I hope someday would be filled.

...

I wanted someone to hold hands with, someone that I can truly confide in and find comfort in...

I wanted someone who would stay beside me, and always try to come back to me, no matter how much the world would separate us...

I wanted someone to laugh with, to cry with... Someone who could fill that empty space in my heart...

And if it were to base it from the book I have...

...

...

...

I wanted... My very own outcast...

...

...

...

"My own, happily ever after..." I smiled at the thought.

"Whoa..." Kanon them muttered out.

"Is there something wrong...?" I asked.

"A-Ah! No, of course not!" She immediately replied.

"It's just that... It feels so different seeing you like this, Kaoru-san..."

"You've always been this princely figure... A Romeo... A Prince Charming in the eyes of many..."

She then turned to me with a genuine smile, seemingly surprised from what I just said earlier.

"But when you speak of this book... You sound more like a princess..."

... She's right.

"I-Is that so...?" I chuckled and slightly looked away, embarrassed from what I said earlier.

"Yeah! It's a totally different version of you, Kaoru-san..."

"I-I see..." I replied.

I haven't really shown this side, to anyone. Nor, do I even plan to show it, but...

Behind the mask, of the fleeting prince... Lies a princess, that yearns for that one true happy ending.

A small smile crept up my face. A small smile of hope, hoping that someday my very own prince would come.

...

"I hope that one day... You'll find your Happily Ever After, Kaoru-san..." Kanon them beamed a smile.

All I could reply was a nod and smile from her statement. It was nice to somehow, vent out my desires partially to someone else.

I look up at the pink sky, with the sun finally setting.

With a yearning expression plastered on my face, and a smile...

I close my eyes and silently hope and ask...

...

...

"When will I find... My own Happily Ever After?"

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Ah... Hakanai.

And that's it for this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!

In this one, it's basically Haneoka's first day, but in the point of view of our beloved and fleeting nonsensical one-man show, Kaoru Seta.

Here we saw how life was and usually is for her, and some of her parallels to the princess in her book.

That deep inside our beloved prince, there's still a princess.

Now, we know what Y/N and Kaoru's desires are... The question is... What happens when the two have a... Fleeting Encounter?

Find out in the next chapter! Once again, Thanks and I hope you liked this one!

- Eirhon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

868K 40.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
471K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
329K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...