FAVOURITE IDIOT || P.J

By -sagemilkk

❝ ππ„π‹πˆπ„π•π„ πˆπ“ πŽπ‘ ππŽπ“ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐘 π…π€π•πŽπ”π‘πˆπ“π„ πˆπƒπˆπŽπ“. ❞ or sarcastic plus... More

favourite idiot
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
BOOK 2

25

2.3K 84 96
By -sagemilkk

❛ siren's song ❜

"NO!" Y/N SCREAMED.

She jolts up with sweat, covering her like a blanket. She sighed as her hands twitches, "It was a dream. It's just a dream, you're okay. He's gone. You're far away." She stood up and looked to where Annabeth slept peacefully, "So far away." She sighed.

Memories rushed to when her father threatened to kill her if she hadn't stopped crying. He was drunk and had yelled at her multiple times for no reason. He gripped her wrists tight and at that moment, she knew she's dead.

He threw her into a darkened room with nothing to sleep on, and nothing to eat.

"No! Please! Father, I'll behave! I'm sorry!" Young Y/n begged.

"You are not my daughter." He spat angrily, throwing glass on the floor as a piece flew across Y/n's face, scarring her cheek.

As he locked the door, the only thing she could hear were the cries of her own voice as darkness began to surround her once again.

Y/n went up the deck to find Percy, steering the wheel. The three had made a schedule. Percy takes first watch, then Y/n, and lastly, Annabeth.

"Hey," Percy smiled as he saw the brunette. She was still in her silk white dress, though her hair was a little messy.

"Hey. I think we should switch now, my turn to watch." Y/n walked over but he hesitated. He looks at her cautiously before grabbing something to ensure the wheel to stay put.

"You okay?" He asked as they walked toward the railing of the Queen Anne's Revenge. It was Blackbeard's ship they stole.

Out of all the yacht and modernized ships there were at the port, Percy chose this. A seventeenth century pirate ship who was under his command.

She forced a smile, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You have that look. The one where you force yourself to smile and pretend everything's okay. The one where your smile isn't real. You have something on your mind.—And because you're sweating."

Y/n looked at him and shot a grateful smile, "How'd you figure me out so fast?"

A light blush covered his face. He didn't want to say 'You have this kind of charm where i can never find myself to look away.'

So instead he said, "I guess I'm good like that."

She let out a soft laugh before sighing, "Just nightmares, I guess."

"Wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head, dejà vu hitting her, "No, I'm okay. Thanks."

Percy sighed, "Well, I'm always here if you need."

His words struck Y/n. Suddenly, everything ached. There was a huge lump in her throat as those words replayed in her mind, 'I'm always here if you need, I promise. Im always here. Always here. I promise.'

Luke.

"Thanks." She mumbled. She knew he was worried for her but she ignored it. She hated talking about her feelings. She learnt to keep it to herself and hide them, bottle them up.

Percy cleared his throat, hoping to cheer the air up a bit, "Thanks for saving me back there."

"All good. I kinda like you as a human."

Percy snorted, "Yeah, well me too. If it wasn't for the both of you, my sorry ass would've been shipped to a kindergarten place. Gods, imagine them petting me."

"What? Like this?" Y/n ruffled up his hair as he glared at her. She laughed as he cleans up his hair.

"Exactly like that." He grumbled

The brunette sighed as monsters pass under the sea, "Yeah, well I sort of liked it there. I get Circe's idea—a place where women could do the things they want, be their own true self, and although seeing men as guinea pigs is hilarious, I'd miss a few guys."

"Just say my name, we all know I'm 'a few guys'." The boy said with sass.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Oh, please. As if."

But Percy was stubborn. He smirked at her and kept eye contact, causing a light blush across her cheeks, "Fine." She admitted, "I'd miss you."

"Ha! Knew it!" Percy did a little victory danced to which Y/n shoved off.

Comfortable silence surrounded them. The sounds of waves filled the air. Percy's breath hitched as he saw her under the pale moonlight. Her hair seemed to shine a little brighter, the gold weaves standing out against her soft brown hair. Her nose was pink which he thought was cute. The wind blew softly, causing strands of hair to fly behind her. She looked like a goddess.

a/n: lana del ray fans did you get my reference 😋

"Staring are we?" Y/n raised a brow.

Percy cleared his throat and looked down, "Sorry."

She chuckled, "It's alright. So, a pirate ship huh?"

The boy shrugged, "Yeah, I think it suits me, don't you? Captain Jackson. I like the sound of that."

"Mmm, yeah..no."

Percy gasped, placing a hand on his heart, "Oh yeah? And what are you then?"

"Small reminder that a cab driver called me a Princess. You're just my sidekick. Maybe a jester."

"A jester? You wound me Y/n Evans."

"I packed ambrosia and nectar if you want."

"Asshole."

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

ANNABETH WAS ALREADY AWAKE WHEN THEY PASSED A SMOKING VOLCANO ISLAND.

"One of the forges of Hephaestus." Annabeth said, "Where he makes metal monsters."

"Like the bronze bulls?" Percy asked.

She nodded, "Go around. Far around."

Percy steered them around the island, a patch of bronze and red covered the distance. The boy looked at Y/n and Annabeth, "The reason you hate Cyclopes so much..the story about how Thalia really died. What happened?"

It was hard to see their expressions in the dark but Percy could see them both talk with their faces once more.

"He deserves to know, Annie." The brunette spoke.

Annabeth let out a sad sigh, "The night Grover was escorting us to camp, he got confused, took some wrong turns. You remember he told you that once?"

Percy nodded, listening intensively.

"Well, the worst wrong turn was into a Cyclops' lair in Brooklyn."

"They've got Cyclopes in Brooklyn?"

Y/n let out a dry laugh, "You wouldn't believe how many, but that's not the point. This Cyclops, he tricked us."

Annabeth shivered, "He managed to split us up inside this mace of corridors in an old house in Flatbush. And he could sound like anyone, Percy. Just the way Tyson did aboard Princess Andromeda. He lured us, one at a time. Thalia thought she was running to save Luke. Luke thought he heard me scream for help. Y/n thought Thalia called her. And me..i was alone in the dark. I couldn't even find the exit."

"I remember finding the main room. There were bones all over the floor. Thalia, Luke, Y/n and Grover were tied up and gagged, hanging from the ceiling like smoked ham. The Cyclops was starting a fire in the middle of the floor. I drew my knife but he heard me. He turned and smiled. He spoke, and somehow, he knew my dad's voice. He said, 'Now, Annabeth, don't you worry. I love you. You can stay here with me. You can stay forever.'"

"What did you do?"

"I stabbed him in the foot."

"Are you kidding? You were seven years old and you stabbed a grown Cyclops in the foot?"

"Oh he would've killed me. But I surprised him. It gave me just enough time to run to Thalia and cut the ropes on her hands. She took it from there."

"Yeah, but still. That was brave of you Annie." Y/n smiled.

But she shook her head, "We barely got out alive. I still have nightmares. The way that Cyclops talked in my father's voice. It was his fault we took so long getting to camp. All the monsters who'd been chasing us had time to catch up. That's really why Thalia died. If it hadn't been for this Cyclops, she'd still be alive today."

They sat on the deck, watching the Hercules constellation above.

"Thalia would be really proud of you, Annie. I know I would." Y/n smiled.

Annabeth had glassy eyes and hugged the brunette, "I don't know what I'd do without you by my side."

"I'll never leave you. You know that. No matter what, I'll never let anything ruin my friendship with you." The brunette turned to Percy, "And you, I guess."

"You guess?" He scoffed, yet a smile was pasted on his lips. He was still grateful Y/n included him. But watching Y/n and Annabeth having each other made him miss his own best friend, Grover.

He hoped to find him soon. Along with saving camp and Thalia's tree. He knows how important Thalia was to his friends and if it meant making them feel better and happier, he'd do anything.

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

"WE'RE APPROACHING THE ISLAND OF THE SIRENS." ANNABETH TOLD THEM

She let out a shaky breath, "I need you to do me a favour. The Sirens..they'll be singing."

"No problem," Percy assured, "We can just block our ears. Or go around."

"I want to hear them."

Y/n froze, "What."

Annabeth looked at her, "They say the Sirens song will show the truth about what you desire. They tell you things about yourself you don't even realize. That's what's so enchanting. If you survive, you become wiser. And I want to hear them. How often will I get that chance?"

Percy looked at her and nodded, "Alright, but be careful."

But Y/n wasn't having it, "No. I'm not letting you, and you're an idiot if you think I will."

"Y/n, please! This is probably my only chance." The blonde plead.

The girl hesitated. She didn't want to stop Annabeth from taking a one-in-a-lifetime chance, but she also didn't want Annabeth to risk her life for some stupid song.

"Fine." She said, "But I'm doing it too."

"What!" Percy shrieked, "No! Y/n you are not listening to the sirens song. I'm not letting you."

"You're letting Annie! What makes me any different?" The brunette pestered.

Percy was taken aback. Honestly, he didn't know why he was mad. "I-you-because letting one person is dangerous enough! We can't take the risk of letting two people hear the song."

"And I can't risk losing Annabeth. So either she hears the song with me or she doesn't." Y/n snapped.

Percy furrows his face in anger, knowing that Annabeth was practically begging with the look she gave him, "Fine. But I'm removing your weapons."

Percy grudgingly tied ropes against the two girl's middle and removed their daggers as he puts wax in both his ears.

He drove them deeper toward the island. At first, Y/n didn't hear anything until...

"Y/n?" The voice was soft and familiar.

"Mom?" Y/n asked as both her parents appeared. They were happy, both in love and healthy, "Dad?"

Her father smiled, "My daughter. I'm so proud of you. I love you."

Her heart exploded. I love you. Those words were what she wanted to here from her father. She let out a shaky breath as tears formed, "I-I love you too." Her voice cracked.

Suddenly, her parents disappeared, "Mom?" She called out panicking. She tugged against the ropes, "Mom! Dad!" She cried out.

"Y/n!" A voice called out. She turned but found no one there.

"Y/n!" It called again. She suddenly became aware that the voice belonging, was Luke's.

Her eyes stung with tears, "Lu?" She sniffled, "Where are you?"

"I'm nearby! Swim over! Grover and Annie are here too!" He yelled cheerily.

"B-but..you left me." She sobbed.

Luke's voice softened, "Y/n, I would never leave you. I promised you I'd never leave, didn't I? I promised you that I'd always be here. We're family. Now are you coming over?"

Family. He said. She wrenched against the ropes once again, calling Percy for help, "Y-yes! Perc! Untie me!"

She turned to find the boy looking at her with an apologetic look as she fought against the knot, "Percy..." she cried, "Percy! Please! I-I have to swim!" She sobbed, "I have to meet my parents...Luke..." her voice faltered.

She thought he would've helped her by now but he avoided her. Ignored her, "Percy, I thought you were my friend!" Her voice crack, "You don't know how long I've wanted this! You promised me you're here for me! You lied! You liar!" She shouted.

The boy bit his lip. He watched as the girl in front of him called him a liar. He watched as she sobbed his name, tugging at the rope, wanting to break free. On the other side of the pole was Annabeth, she was trying to break free too. Tears trickled down her face.

He couldn't bear seeing them at such a state. He tried to sail faster, wanting this nightmare to be over.

Y/n stopped shouting for him. She looked around, hoping to find anything that could help her leave. It was hard since her hands were tied up-

Her hands.

Rings.

Dove.

She twisted Dove, cutting her ropes and running to the edge of the boat. The last thing she heard before she jumped was Percy's scream for her.

She swam, inhaling any time she could toward the island where she saw her father's house. The house was the same, yet different in a way. The vibes were comfortable, happy and safe. It didn't feel like it belonged to an abusive father and alcoholic.

Her smile grew as she found Luke, play fighting with Grover as Annabeth sat on a picnic mat, dipping some strawberries in chocolate. She had a sketchbook that laid in her lap—a sketch of a theme park. Y/n's theme park.

Her heart warmed. And not far, sitting on the patio of her front door was her beautiful mom and dad, arm in arm as they smiled happily toward each other. Her mom then turned and looked at her.

"Y/n." Aphrodite walked with her dad approaching her, Luke following after with a smile.

She went closer as Luke outstretched his hand toward her. She was so close. She reached out and slowly she gripped his hand—but she was too late.

Something pulled her ankle, hauling her away. "NO!" She screeched, "Luke! Mom, dad! Help me! I'm right here!" She screamed.

She thrashed her attacker, attempting to break free, kicking them in the face, but they held on. They pulled her into the surf and she kept screaming.

Y/n pummelled and kicked. They almost collided with a floating mine but she didn't care. She wanted to be with her family. She wanted to eat chocolate-covered strawberries with Annabeth as she showed her her theme park. She wanted to tally up who won between Grover and Luke. She wanted to embrace in her mother and father's arm like a happy perfect family.

Her attacker went under the water, pulling her with. There she blinked a couple times, confused as to what happened before they broke the surface, resuming her kicks and punches.

The hand retracted and was placed by her waist. From the feels, she could tell that whoever was holding her back was male, a boy.

"You asshole, let go of me!" She screamed, splashing water everywhere. She kept screaming until her head went under the water yet again.

Her breaths shortened, desperate for air. She struggled to breath as bubbles surrounded her. She watched as her body went deeper and deeper, farther from the surface of the water.

She was certain she'd meet Hades but the thought changed when there was a flurry of white and bubbles tickled her and when her vision cleared, she was inside a huge bubble of air with Percy holding her tight around the waist and pulled her close.

Y/n gasped and coughed, water trickling from her hair. When her eyes met Percy's she began to breakdown. Usually, she'd hate deeply crying in front of people. She thinks of it as weak.

But right now, she let it all out. She sobbed, her cries piercing Percy's heart as she wrapped her arms around his neck and cried on his shoulder as he held her tight. She felt an unusual comfort when he'd whisper things like "its okay, im here.", while rubbing her back.

It was something she's never felt. For once in her life, she felt comfortable enough to cry in front of someone. And that someone was Percy.

"I'll get us back to the ship," He told her, "It's okay. I made Annabeth wear wax. J-just hang on."

The brunette nodded, sniffling, as she wiped off her tears. The current steered their air bubble back to their ship which was sailing away from the Sirens. Y/n could make out a little figure whom she took as Annabeth.

The blonde was looking out to sea, desperate to find her two friends as she steered the ship away from the Sirens. When they were far enough, Percy called down a rope and made Y/n climb on first.

Right when she got on board, she was attacked with a hug, "You stupid idiot! You think just because you don't want me to risk my life that I'd want you to?" Annabeth rambled beside her ear, "Gods you're such a dumbass! Don't you ever scare me like that!" She said between tears.

"I'm sorry, Annie. I promise I won't do it again."

"You bet." Percy said, "We're never going back here again." He turned to Y/n, "You okay?"

Most times she'd nod, but this time was different. Percy had seen her cry.

He saw her vulnerable. Weak. And asking her if she was okay made her want to cry even more. Annabeth still held her in her arms as the brunette looked down. The blonde had never seen her cry like this before.

There were only times where she'd cry of happiness and laughter—but these tears were different. It was as if they were longing to fall down her cheeks. Y/n had always comforted her when she cried, and it was time to return the favour.

"Y/n, we're here for you." Annabeth assured.

That sentence. Y/n heard it so many times she grew tired. She's starting to think it was just a sentence. No meaning.

The girl only nodded, "I'm fine." She whispered. "I think I'm gonna lay down for a while." She didn't wait for them to reply or nod, immediately walking down below.

Of course that was fake.

She cursed herself for falling.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 919 42
β˜… [COMPLETED] 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 Cassiopeia Bradbury was like tea in a cup, sweet, pretty to look at and changing in flavour for one's taste, but when y...
806K 28.8K 44
"π‘»π’‰π’†π’š 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒅 π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’•π’‰π’†π’š 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒅 π’ƒπ’š 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‘π’π’˜π’†π’“ 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’˜π’π’“π’…" "Thread can be cut with scissors" ...
24.6K 717 20
❝Screaming, who could ever leave me, darling? But who could stay? ,,I see right through me, I see right through me,, 'Cause they see right through me...
5.4K 206 7
Λ‹Β°β€’*⁀༺ ┃ Lush ! πŸƒ *ೃ༄ γ€Œ luke c. ! 」 ❛ I THINK MY BRAIN IS ROTTING IN PLACES, I THINK MY HEART IS READY TO DIE ❜ PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS...