TBATE | GREY x CAERA - A Fanf...

By Im_a_Tbate_lover

[A TBATE Fanfiction] It's all about Grey x Caera! A slow-burn romance fan-fiction. *** [CONTENT WARNING] Thi... More

Chapter 1? For now, yeah...
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Announcement! 26/02/22
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (18+)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 7

2.3K 98 50
By Im_a_Tbate_lover

Arthur POV:

"You're gonna have to do better than that, pup", I snarled at the shadow wolf.

"Uh Arthur, maybe tone it down a bit? Unless you want to wreck the whole place", Regis said hesitantly.

It took me a few moments to break out of my battle mode; when I realised that the entire training ground was broken and the protective runes flickered in and out, barely holding the room in place. "Shit!"

"You got me worried there! I know you want to get stronger, but destroying the one place that we have, to train freely, it hardly makes any sense" Regis said while shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, might've gone a little overboard there" I replied, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Maybe let's tr—", Regis stopped mid-sentence and ran to the corner of the room and laid down silently.

I understood his actions just a second later, before he sent me a mental message 'Art, someone's here!'.

Turning my head to the top of the staircase I saw a familiar figure walking down the steps.

A woman in tight-fitting white battle robes, hopped down the stairs in a smooth fashion; her blonde hair tumbled around her shoulders like floating waves, as if she was surrounded by a gentle breeze.

Regis let out a mental whistle inside my head, making me turn and glare at him. He was looking at the approaching figure with a thirsty look. Ignoring his actions, I looked at Abby, my colleague.

"Hey, Grey! I heard that you haven't come out your training room in two days!— Guess it wasn't just a rumour after all" she said waving her hand at me, as her gaze swept over my body.

I was covered in sweat, from the continuous training; my tight white tunic clung to my skin due to the sweat, making me look bedraggled. Lifting my head to look at Abby, I saw her gaze was still fixed on me.

"What are you doing here, Abby?" I asked in a plain tone. My breathing ragged from the long training session.

Regis and I have been training non-stop for the last few days, only taking breaks for recharging my core.

It has been almost two weeks since we fought off that dragon inside the relictombs. Caera had been treated of her injuries and has been resting in her suite ever since.

"I met Lady Caera, and wished her a soon recovery... She had told me about you locking yourself inside the training room for the past two days. She seemed to be in a worry— I came here to check how you're doing" Abby said meekly, her gaze looking over the broken training ground.

I let out a sigh. Knowing that I had gone overboard. But— the memory of seeing Caera's prone form lying helplessly on the ground, it ma—

My thoughts were cut off when I noticed Abby walking close to me. Her amber eyes studied my face in curiosity and nervousness.

I held my ground, curious as to see just what she really wanted. Abby came closer before halting her steps in an arm's length. She lifted her hand up and a towel appeared on her hand, probably from her dimension ring, I thought.

"Here, Grey!", she said while keeping her gaze fixed on mine. When I didn't immediately take the towel, she bit her lips and let her gaze fall on the ground for a moment. I watched her slowly lifting the hand holding the towel, against my face and wiping off the sweat from my cheeks.

Her cheeks turned crimson at her own actions, while her hands trembled a little.

I quickly grabbed her hand while fixing my gaze on her, before speaking. "Thanks— Abby, but I think I can do it myself"

Abby looked at me, unmoving, before she pondered at my words; "O-Oh... right! Sure!... H-Here, use it." She said in a soft tone before handing me the towel.

Quickly wiping off my sweat, I spun around and walked back to one of the chairs and sat down.

Abby fidgeted at her position, gazing between me and the shadow wolf who was lying in the corner looking at her in a lewd manner.

I ignored all the— thoughts, Regis seems to be having in his mind, and asked Abby, "So, do you need anything else?— I can wash and give back the towel la-"

Abby took out a wooden basket before I could finish my sentence.

Her gaze fixed on ground, she spoke "I-I br-brought some food— for you— for us... Since you probably haven't eaten in two days, I.." her voice trailed off as she slowly lifted her head to look at me.

My eye brows raised at her words. I was surely taken aback by her action. Why would she bring me food? Did someone send her to keep an eye on me? Probably a scythe? Did Nico—

'You're thinking too much. It's just food. I'd say eat it' Regis intervened my thoughts.

I raised a brow at my companion's words. 'Oh? Is that what it is? Or do you simply want to hit on her if a chance arrives?'

'Hey, unlike you, I'm not a mindless idiot to let women go who obviously have interest in me. Now shut the hell up so I can enjoy the view from here' Regis shot back.

Ignoring my companion's harsh words, I realised that I haven't replied to Abby in a while.

She was waiting with her food basket in hand; her gaze still fixed on me.

Letting out a sigh, I gestured Abby to come. With a small smile on my face, I said "Thanks, Abby. You're a good friend. I don't mind sharing a bite with you. Please..."

Although I had been having it rough in the past weeks, it felt really good to eat with someone. Abby was a perfect partner for having some light conversations, coupled with lots of rumours and gossips. She was helpful in getting up-to-date with the academy matters, since Caera and I usually spend most of our time inside the Relictombs.

Hours passed as Abby and I spent time in each other's company. She had relaxed quite a lot after the few tense initial moments. Going as far as to sit closer to me; and touch me on occasions, as she kept teasing about my appearance after a good training session.

Her honey-tinted eyes darted around me from time to time; And her smile didn't leave throughout our conversations.

"Oh come on Grey, stop mo-", Abby's voice froze and she cocked her head towards the training room door. She quickly removed her hand from my shoulder, and stepped back to her seat.

Following her gaze, I saw the training room door open, and a familiar figure walking in.

I stood up and my face smiled unconsciously.

Caera walked down the stairs slowly; her eyes crinkled in obvious pain from moving her body around, due to her injuries.

I hastily ran towards her and held her; reaching out my hands for her to support, which she took after noticing my arrival.

Her face brightened and she smiled; which froze when she looked past me to see Abby; I turned back to follow her gaze; Abby was now standing at the place she had been sitting all these time.

There were still some food left on our plates; next to the wooden basket... I saw Caera's eyes darting between Abby and me.

Her face looked unreadable; but I could see curiosity in her eyes.

After a few moments had passed, she let out a small smirk while looking at me and spoke "Perhaps I'm interrupting something important? I shall come back later"

Caera followed her words with a knowing smile, that didn't quite reach her eyes; taking a brief glance at Abby, she quickly spun around to leave.

I stood there with my mouth half-open, not knowing what to say.

'Oops. Caught red handed!' Regis commented before barking a laugh. 'What!?' I asked my companion in confusion at his words.

"Lady Caera, please— wait!" I heard Abby call out to Caera who had started taking steps towards the exit door.

Hearing Abby's voice, Caera halted her steps. But didn't turn around, and waited for Abby, who was now strolling past the room and ran to halt beside me.

"I-I was just leaving..." Abby said, her eyes darting between Caera's back, and me.

Hearing Abby's words, Caera turned around to look at Abby. Their gazes locked and they held it for a few moments, before Abby lowered hers and spoke softly. "Grey, thanks for your time. I shall take my leave now. See you around"

Bowing at Caera, she said, "Lady Caera, get well soon!"

I smiled at the blonde haired professor, who hurriedly stormed out of the room after saying goodbye to us.

Caera saw my smiling face, and smirked back. "I see why you haven't come to check up on me for the past two days", her gaze moved to the disappearing professor.

My smile froze at her words. I wordlessly looked at Caera, who swiftly spun on her heels and walked out before saying a few words "I'll be leaving back to my room. And, I hope you can find your way back. A word of advice: Try to change your shirt before coming out, if you don't want be flocked by more women, on the way back" I heard her giggle softly, before she disappeared from my sight.

***

"That's another win for me", I said smirking, while Caera's brows furrowed in irritation.

"I-I'm not feeling well right now. Perhaps my injury is making it hard to focus. I'll surely win when I'm fully recovered", She said letting out an embarrassed cough and not meeting my eyes.

I stifled a laugh at her words, and shook my head, thinking how competitive she can get at times.

I had come to Caera's suite, after leaving the training room and washing up. We have been chilling for the past few hours, playing Caera's favourite game.

Regis, in his puppy form, was sitting between Caera and I; his head nuzzled on top of Caera's lap as she softly ruffled his mane.

'You sure you're a weapon?' I asked the shadow wolf, who was humming inside my head and had a smile with his eyes closed; his happiness practically oozing into our mental link.

'Oh shut up princess. You're just jealous' Regis mocked.

He then lifted his head up before skittering further up on Caera's lap. His puppy head practically brushing against— Caera's chest.

My face turned red at my companion's actions, and his thoughts. I shot him a warning glare, which he just brushed off.

Caera had noticed my unusual behaviour and her gaze turned curious. She followed my gaze to where I was looking at— Regis.

"W-What are you—", she stuttered before trailing off. Her face turned red as she realised what was happening. She hastily grabbed the shadow pup and put him in the empty chair between us.

She peered down at my companion and then at me; I brought my hand in front of me to defend myself "D-Don't look at me! It's him!", I said, pointing to the shadow wolf.

Regis just barked out a laugh at Caera's embarrassed face. It was kinda cute to be honest, which made me stifle a laugh as well.

Looking at our actions, Caera's glare became soft as she pouted and her cheeks flushed; before she joined us in the laughter.

Our short moment of laughter was interrupted by a series of hard knocks at the door. We stopped our laughs, before Caera shouted from her position; not wanting to strain her injured body to walk all the way to the door "Who i—"

The door hurriedly opened before Caera could finish her words. My head snapped back to see just who had entered her room without permission.

I saw a young man, in a green battle robe that seemed to hardly contain his overly-bulging muscles. He had ash-brown hair that was cut short; his eyes looked dark brown. But the most important feature was the two shining obsidian horns jutting out of his forehead.

His brows furrowed when his eyes fell on me. But he quickly recovered.

He's a Vritra! My mind screamed. Is he a retainer?!

'He's too weak to be a retainer. I'd say he probably just manifested his Vritra-blood not long ago— Also... I don't think he's here for us...', Regis commented while studying the Vritra-blooded man.

Regis was right. The man bowed towards Caera, completely ignoring me; before he spoke in a plain— almost robotic voice, "My apologies, Lady Caera of Highblood Denoir... I heard loud noises coming from the inside; thought you were in danger. Since you were injured, I stormed in to se-"

"Who are you?", Caera's voice spoke, cutting him off. Her eye brows furrowed and tone more colder; like how she usually spoke in front of others, except me.

The man finally lifted his head back up, and looked at Caera with a smug smile "Apologies for the late introduction, Lady Caera. I'm Mike of Highblood Rotchburns. I have awakened my Vritra-powers a year ago; And I'm a newly registered ascender, with two emblems and a regalia. All focused on fire-type mana art— just like yours..."

"What are you doing here? I didn't get any inf-" Caera's eye brows furrowed and her nose wrinkled when her voice was cut off by the Vritra- Highblood.

"Please, Lady Caera. My blood was contacted by Highlord Denoir, for a potential visit at your Estate in the Central Dominion... And perhaps take you on few ascents with me... But hearing that you were injured, my father had asked m-"

'Mike— Rotchburns.... Mike Rotchburns... Mikerotchburns, get it!?' Regis barked out laughing. Hearing his words, I bit down a smirk and tried to keep my face impassive and looked at the conversation between the two Highbloods.

Caera's face darkened at every words from the Vritra-Highblood. I saw her taking a few furtive glances at me now and then.

The Vritra-Highblood trailed off when he saw Caera's actions. Ignoring him, I simply held my gaze on Caera, with a face of amusement, which caught the Highblooded man's attention.

"Lady Caera, might we have a private conve—", the Vritra-Highblood's trailed-off when Caera stood up from her seat in haste with an annoyed face.

She immediately winced in pain, due to the sudden movement; making her stumble back as she lost her footing.

Noticing that she was about to trip and fall on her back, I practically teleported behind her and supported her fall.

My hands held her waist in a grip, while I supported from behind, as she leaned back on me.

Caera wasn't surprised by my action, as she slightly tilted her head back to take a glance at me "Thanks, Grey" she said in a low tone.

"Should I leave?" I asked, taking a step back and lifting my hands off her waist.

But before I could move back, Caera's right hand tightly grabbed my wrist and held me in place "Stay— Grey", her voice barely a soft whisper.

I felt the young Highblood's eyes widen as he glowed at me from his position; the sound of his teeth cackling audible to my enhanced hearing. But I just simply ignored it and stepped back to where I was standing before, focusing back on Caera.

Dipping my head next to Caera's, my chin touching the crook of her shoulder which was swept with her soft navy-blue hair; I whispered in her ears, "Okay... Caera"

"I'm afraid you've taken the wrong time to visit me, as you can see I'm quite occupied and still tired healing from the accident", Caera said in a plain tone.

"I shall take it to the Highlord, about your visit. And perhaps we can have a chat another time at the Denoir Estate. Good day." She said, moving her gaze from the Vritra-blooded man to the entrance door. Practically asking the guy to gtfo.

The man's face contorted in what seemed to be anger, embarrassment and rage; gritting his teeth, he simply gave a nod and a shallow bow before turning back to leave.

He gave me one last look, which I ignored. My mouth inadvertently smirked at the man's actions.

Normally such things wouldn't have bothered me, but, this man rubbed off in the wrong way. Entering the room without explicit permission as if he had owned the room, it really pissed me off, to say the least.

'Just another Highblood who needs to be humbled', Regis commented, while some of his crazy thoughts leaked into our mental link.

'We already have enough problems as it is. Do we really need to get involved with another Highblood?' I asked rhetorically.

My gaze turned to Caera who had now spun around to face me. She had let my hand go once the Vritra-Highblood left the room.

Unable to suppress my curiosity I spoke "So... what was that about?", my mouth forming a teasing smirk.

Caera looked at me and back at the ground. She continued it a few times before she replied "I— well"—she sighed—"atleast this will keep my suitors away for a while"

I stifled a laugh at her words, knowing what she had meant. "Always at your service, Lady Caera", I said with an exaggerated bow, and my tone, teasing.

She rolled her eyes before looking at me grumpily and pouted. "Much appreciated, Professor Grey" she said with a mocking curtsy.

We both stifled a laugh, thinking about the situation. I had played along with Caera's tactics when I realised that she wanted to get rid of the Vritra-Highblood.

We played a few more rounds of Sovereigns Quarrel, all of which I won, obviously.

Caera had given up trying to beat me, her competitive attitude nowhere to be found.

Watching her bite down on her thin lips everytime I beat her; it was quite fun and refreshing.

'Imagine if you had killed her back then' Regis thought, making my thoughts completely derail.

'Wh—', my thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at the door. 

"Did he really not get the message?! Let me take care of that man-child", Regis groused.

I looked at Caera, before walking up to the door to open it.

Standing on the other side was the familiar figure of Abby, who stood there fidgeting with her hands.

Abby's amber eyes widened at my presence, but she recovered quickly. With a smile forming on her lips she took a step inside the room.

Seeing that she was at Caera's suite, I turned back to look at Caera, before taking a step back towards the chair I was sitting on. 

I heard Abby's voice call out to me at that moment "G-Grey, please wait!"

I turned my head back to look at Abby, who continued speaking after seeing me stop. "Lady Caera, I apologise for the sudden visit. I-I went to visit Profe— Grey, but he wasn't in his room. Seeing him before with you, I thought he was...."

Abby's soft voice trailed-off. She took glances at Caera and me, before fixing it back on me.

She took out a towel from her dimension ring and lifted it towards me. "Grey, keep this towel. I-I washed it for you"

Raising a brow at her actions I asked her "Isn't it yours?! Why're you giving it to me?"

Abby's face stiffened at my question, but she spoke in a calm voice "It— is mine, but, seeing that you are training without one, I thought— it would be of assistance to you"—she took a pause as her face reddened—"I won't always be there to aid you like before, so... please... here, take thi-"

Abby's voice stopped, when she shifted her gaze to where Caera was standing. My eyes moved to follow hers.

Caera was slowly walking towards us— towards me... I watched as she got closer and halted at an arm's length.

Taking a quick glance at Abby, she walked even closer and— slowly wrapped her arms around my neck.

I felt a jolt of electricity pass through my body at her sudden actions; but I kept my face impassive as my body stiffened.

Completely ignoring Abby, who was watching all of this happening— Caera locked gazes with me, and gave a warm smile. She spoke in a soft— alluring tone, like never before. "Grey, can you carry me back to my bed? I'm feeling a little lightheaded"

Her intoxicating scent hit my nostrils, making my face burn. Resisting the urge to gulp down, I hastily nodded my head, unable to make heads or tails at her actions.

My eyes unconsciously darted towards Abby for a second, who I noticed was looking at us with a face of disbelief and jaws wide open.

Caera was still looking into me with a warm smile. My hands twitched, not sure of what to do at this situation. Her face was so close to me, I felt her warm breath caress my neck.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Abby turning away and leave before she let out an audible huff.

My head turned to see her figure leaving; a part of me sighed in relief at her departure.

But before I could turn back towards Caera, I saw her lift her hands back down and take a step back. Her face looked annoyed; relived. As she let out a sigh.

Not taking my wide eyes off of her, I asked "what was THAT about?!"

Caera's face lifted to meet my gaze, her thin lips smirked in amusement. Without answering me, she spun around, showing her back to me before walking away.

Taking a few steps she halted and her face slightly tilted back when she spoke with a mischievous smirk "Just think of me giving it back, Grey."

(A/N: The story might follow the cannon later on, but I'll change it considerably, to do justice for the ff title!

P.S. Might make a Caera and Regis POV soon! Good day!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
813K 37.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
301K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...