Black Roses {James Potter x O...

De sarah_averagewriter

-"No wonder you don't have a girlfriend with your trollish manners" "I'd call it more of a tedious rom-com Li... Mai multe

Intro + Prologue
Two Unlikely Friend Groups
Awkward Trips Make For Good Conversations
Having A Crush Is Tricky Business
What A Cheerful Hat
Coincidence Or Not?
Jealousy And Retorts Go Hand In Hand
Potter Boys Have No Clue Of What To Do With Girls
Accidents Happen
Romance Comes From Not Hearing
Dillema Of Flowers
Black Roses
Personal Fears Can Be Clouded With Gifts
Flowery Predicament
Spiked Truth Or Dare
Confessions Are Hard
Christmas Came 'Round
Snowball Fights Sometimes Lead To Something More
Mirror Mirror Of The Minnie
What's Real And What's Not
Mysterious Voices Are Never A Good Sign
Fighting A Shadow Is Not Recommended
Planning Is Hard
Professor Longbottom Is Having A Mood Swing
Slytherin VS Ravenclaw
Call Her Lazy, I Dare You
What's The Difference Between Jealousy And Stupidity?
Gossip My Beloved
Love Is Crafted
Addicted To You
Consequences May Be Dire
Wholeseome Moments All Around
Feelings Or Revelations? What to go after?
The Hero Releases The Villain
What Am I Supposed To Say?
Ruining Sports
Gone In The Wind
Explain The Loss Of A Child To A Parent
Find Her With Our Stupidity
Breaking Neo's Heart
We're Coming Z
Found But Lost
Facing Fears
Back To Normal?
It Is Only The Beginning
Sequel Time

Gryffindor VS Slytherin

668 11 20
De sarah_averagewriter

"Ladies, gentlemen and our non-binary friends! 'Tis the day our favourite rivalry faces against each other for the quidditch cup! Yet again! Gryffindor versus Slytherin! Wood versus Potter! Who will come out victorious?! The snakes or the lions?!"

Quidditch in itself already attracted attention from the students, the thrill of watching how your team lost or won was something you couldn't experience outside of sports.

The bleachers in any other game barely had any breathing room for on-lookers. You always had to come in early to snatch a decent spot.

But, in those particular games where both James and Zoe captained, it was impossible to even stand comfortably without crashing into someone.

Two years in a row the unfortunate situation of them reaching the finals together had happened.

In the past year the game lasted just under ten hours, with three broken noses, five broken arms and two sprained ankles. Needless to say it was a rough game.

And although the audience couldn't openly admit it, they were craving that savagery that came from their games. Which is why so many students had shown up.

"Any genius plans, cap?" Zoe shrugged, pacing nearly silently along the locker rooms.

Zoe had spent the better half of a week trying to come up with new strategies to surprise James and his team, staying up until ungodly hours of the night.

Yet she always managed to forget them almost as soon as they came, the strategies being replaced by very visual images of what Cedric Potter had done to her.

She hadn't seen the man in over two months, and she could still never forget the chill that travelled up her spine every time she heard his voice.

"Stay high. That way you won't feel as much pressure from the immense crowd. Also try to stick in pairs or trios, It'd be easier to cover each other and easier to slip into defensive" The team collectively nodded.

Although they wouldn't admit it to anyone, Zoe having a fairly decent plan helped calm their nerves. As much as they loved causing chaos on the field, a plan always came in handy when facing the raging Gryffindors.

"Let's go win this and bite the head off of this lions. Figuratively if McGonnagall were to ask" The team hooted back readying themselves to get into their respective positions.

Except they were waiting on Taylor Simms' command to do their celebratory 'punch Wood in the arm' tradition.

Yet, it never came. Taylor quietly grabbed his broom and went into position, ignoring the curious and saddened glances from both his teammates and captain.

"What? No 'knock on Wood' joke this game?" Taylor didn't even meet her eyes as the team's gaze darted between the two.

"No" And so everyone else reluctantly filed into position behind Taylor, ignoring the rough exterior of the boy.

Ever since the James and amorentia incident, Taylor hadn't spoken to Zoe once, and had tried avoiding her at all costs.

A deep voice inside her wondered if James felt the exact same way she was feeling about the situation when she adamantly ignored him.

"Taylor"
"Don't. Let's just play the game so you can go back to your boyfriend" Zoe scoffed, a look of disbelief across her face.

"Look. I don't know what you heard, but whatever it is. I swear I don't-"
"-Save the speech Zoe. Just get this over with"

And unlike James, she knew when to give up and give a person their space to think things through. She just wondered if doing so was the right choice.

————————————————————————

"With a generous clap of your hands, let's receive our Gryffindor team! Or as I prefer to call them, the Weasleys plus Drake!

At the front we got our resident teenage heartbreaker legacy, captain and seeker, James Potter!

Behind him is the adorable keeper, Hugo Granger-Weasley! Stop glaring at me like that Hugo you know you're adorable I don't care how old you are.

The two impressively tall people are none other than siblings Roxanne and Fred Weasley! Our beaters! People at the Ravenclaw section, not to fret those lovely-dovey eyes Fred is shooting at you isn't for any of you unless your name happens to be Leslie Tistle! Kill me later love.

If having one Potter wasn't enough, how about one of the youngest chasers who currently holds the record for more goals scored in one game ever. The incredible read-head, Lily Potter! Atta girl!

The Weasley clan wouldn't be complete without our resident unofficial co-captain Rose Granger-Weasley! Don't be fooled by that adorable face, I've seen her throw a quaffle and boy am I glad I don't play quidditch.

Last but not least. The black sheep, the only non-Weasley in the Gryffindor team. The most annoying quidditch gnome ever, Gavin Drake everyone!"

The crowd had gone wild. Some professors even had to intervene by applying a barrier between the bleachers and the field as for students not to straight up hop over them to catch a glance at their favourite teammate.

It was complete chaos, and Melody as the official commentator was thriving in it.

"I think we've had enough red for ten minutes. I say we move on to our sneaky friends! And my personal favourite team, from which I am totally biased. The Slytherin team!

At the head is captain and seeker Zoe Wood! Arch-nemesis to rival captain James Potter, and probably the reason you all came to watch this match on a Saturday anyways. Give it up for our Slytherin queen!

Behind her we got the sulkiest Taylor Simms I've ever seen. Chin up mate, you are literally a keeper, both in romance and quidditch!

Behind him we have beaters Jeremiah Gold and Sheldon Pillsworth. Damn those scowls are hot, I'm free on Friday gentlemen!

If that wasn't enough excitement yet, let me introduce our chasers. The human lighting bolt! Or at least what he will be nicknamed during this game. Bob Chance! And it appears he really is leaving all to chance since he just tripped with a pebble.

That tiny blonde who's trying to hide behind Chance, is newcomer Scorpious Malfoy! Not to fret Slytherins, if you've showed up to the past games you know how speedy this little man can be. Awe he's blushing.

And of course, in this game, we have: not one, not two, but THREE Potters on the field. Damn it's going to be confusing to narrate the game. May I introduce, Albus Potter! Wow I wished you all cheared that loudly for me when I introduced myself"

The teams weren't necessarily glaring at each other, but they weren't sending each other friendly glances either.

"I know the audience demands blood, but I expect a clean and fair game. I do not wish to have a repeat of last year and having to deal with Madam Pomfrey. Understood?" They nodded.

"Captains! Shake hands!" Zoe and James stepped up to the centre as everyone else readied to mount their brooms.

Their eyes met, and for a brief second they were both glued down to their spots. As if fine itself stopped ticking just to allow them to stare at each other.

To anyone outside of their bubble it would've seemed like they were trying to intimidate the other, even glare at each other without glaring.

In reality they just found each other way too angelic to be real. Although it pained them to admit it.

Madam Hooch had to clear her throat to snap them out of their little stare off so they clasped hands, which caused a whole other problem.

James felt a whole new world had opened up to him at the feel of Zoe's skin against his own.

Her palms were covered with leather gloves for better grip, but her fingers were free. They were full of callouses from spending so much time gripping brooms. Each finger seemed to have an individual defined muscle that made him want to let go even less so he could explore every single one.

If it wasn't for Zoe yanking her hand back, he would have never let go.

"Mount your brooms!"

Their moment was left in the past as soon as the whistle sounded and the quaffle was thrown. It was quidditch time, only quidditch time.

One Potter didn't seem to get the memo.

————————————————————————

a/n: Uh oh somethings is gonna happen and y'all won't like it 😵‍💫

Man I feel bad for Taylor...He was just being a sweet cute guy and got his heart broken by two very emotionally confused teenagers 💔

Anyways vote and comment ur speculations. I'll even give u a hint: The Potter who didn't get the memo is a red-head. Do with that what you will 🤷‍♀️

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

358K 12.4K 51
Oliver Wood is stubborn, confident, and brave... or at least that's the façade he wishes to show. Lying is easy for Oliver, but living is harder when...
18.6K 463 45
Julia Diggory. Ravenclaw. Cousin of Cedric Diggory. Currently the girlfriend of Draco Malfoy. Pureblood. When she spots the famous Gryffindor keeper...
4.3M 142K 195
"Potter," Phoebe says curtly. James frowns and says harshly, willing the odd feeling he has to go away, "Griffin, all of that stuff still doesn't mak...
10.4K 275 25
disclaimer- i wrote this a long time ago and it's very cringe. read at your own risk when claire wellwood attends hogwarts school with her dear frien...