The Arrangement

By aaliyahroseee

𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how muc... More

Introduction
At First
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue
NEW BOOK - RYDER
A/N.

Chapter Twenty-Five

8.8K 187 16
By aaliyahroseee

Taylor's POV

I zone out as I get out the shower, slowly drying myself off.

What do I do?

I'm going to see Ryan today and I don't know what to expect.

I can't stand the thought of seeing him in an orange suit. Or in handcuffs when I know for a fact that he's innocent. He hasn't done anything wrong.

He just made a mistake and got involved with the wrong people. That's all.

He doesn't deserve this and I'm going to make sure he doesn't spend those 25 years in that horrible place.

My brother will get out of jail safely. And I'll die before I let anything happen to him.

A knock on the bathroom door brings me back to reality and I slightly jump, looking towards the door.

"Y-Yeah?" I answer, securing the towel around my body.

"Are you almost ready to go?" I hear Nicolas's familiar voice. I smile softly, looking down at the floor as I hold the towel tightly around myself.

"Yeah, almost," I answer, ready to change when I remember something. I close my eyes shut, sighing and bringing my hand up to my forehead, holding it. "Could you pass me my clothes off the bed?"

"Sure," I hear him say faintly before he slowly starts to twist the door knob. I step behind the door, hiding.

"Here you go," he mutters, holding the clothes out to me.

"Thank you," I say softly, grabbing the clothes from his hand, our fingers barely grazing each other. I start to close the door when he uses his foot to stop it. I look up at him, confused.

"Taylor?" He asks, opening the door a little wider and stepping inside. He takes a deep breath and takes a step forward, grabbing my cheek and lighting caressing my cheek," It'll be okay."

I nod as he leans forward, holding my waist and hugging me tightly as he rests his head on the top of my head. He soon lifts my chin with the tips of his fingers, leaning forward and kissing me softly. After a short while, he pulls away, looking me straight in the eye, "Taylor I want you to know that I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

"I know," I sigh and smile.

He smiles softly and leaves the bathroom, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

__

Nicolas parks the car, my breathing quickening as I look up at the prison in front of me.

"I don't think I can do this—" I start to say, but Nicolas grabs my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm right here with you Taylor," he says, his green eyes staring back at me. "I'm never going to leave your side."

"Thank you Nicolas," I sigh, closing my eyes. It'll all be okay... right? I mean, I hope so.

"Come on."

When we step inside the prison the wall I kept built up for so long finally breaks, exposing the real, sensitive fragile me.

"Who are you here for?" The warden asks, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Ryan. Ryan Thomas," I say, exhaling deeply and smiling sadly.

"Wait here a sec," he walks off, leaving me and Nicolas in silence as he steps inside a locked room.

"Taylor..." Nicolas trails off, turning me around and holding my hands.

"Yeah?" I say breathlessly tears threatening to spill.

"We don't have to do this," he says. "We can leave right now if you want."

"I have to do this Nicolas. I could lose him," I explain.

"I understand that Taylor but if this is too much for you—"

"I'm ok Nicolas, really," I say and smile just as the warden steps out the room.

"He's ready to see you, but he can't come in," The warden says, pointing at Nicolas while looking at me. I nod slowly, letting go of his hand.

"I'll be ok Nicolas, I promise. I won't be long," I assure him. He nods and sighs, leaving out the door before turning around and smiling quickly at me before heading to his car.

The warden walks out the room, holding Ryan tightly. My heart hurts at the sight. He makes a hand motion that looks like come on before he leads me and Ryan to a secluded room.

He sits Ryan down at a large brown table. Ryan looks down at the ground the whole time, not bothering to look up at his visitor.

I take a seat across from him, rubbing my hands on my thighs nervously.

He suddenly looks up, his eyes dull and exhausted. His eyes widen as he locks eyes with me, shocked evident on his face.

I bring up my hand, shaking as I bring it closer to his, holding it. I'm ready to hear anything and everything he has to say.

Ryan holds my hand as he breaks the silence. "Taylor? What are you doing here?" Ryan asks me, his eyes wide.

The warden nods shortly and leaves us to talk alone.

"I...wanted to see you," I gulp nervously.

"You shouldn't be here," he says, sounding guilty. It breaks my heart how sad and broken he sounds, even though none of this is his fault.

"It's ok Ry," I say. "How are you holding up in here?" I ask, looking around the room.

"What do you think Taylor? This isn't exactly a fun place," he explains, sighing. "How did I get myself into this?" He asks himself than me.

"You're right. I'm sorry," I mumble.

"No, I'm sorry," he smiles sadly. "This isn't your fault and I'm treating you like it is."

"Ryan..tell me what happened. How did you get in here?" I ask. He explains for the next hour everything that happened and by the end of it I'm in tears.

He never told me he was struggling so badly. He just needed money but instead he got blackmailed and thrown into prison for all the wrong reasons.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Ryan," I cry, holding his hand tightly.

"I only have myself to blame. I should've chose an easier way to get money. Instead, I was too impatient and went with Ivan to get money," he says, avoiding eye contact.

"This is getting really bad Ry. Victor even came after me. Twice," I tell him.

"W-What?" He asks, the color draining from his face. "He, d-did?"

"Yeah," I answer. "He asked me to dinner and I accepted it because I didn't think he was dangerous. Later that night, he broke into my apartment and threatened me."

"I'm so sorry Taylor," he sighs. "Have you been staying with Sophia like I told you?"

I sigh, "No."

"Why not?"

"She moved back to Mexico. But I've been staying with a...friend," I answer, fiddling with my fingers.

"Which friend? The only friend I know of, is Soph," He says. "It better not be a guy friend Taylor, or he will be hearing from me-"

"Don't worry Ry, He's...different, and I actually really like him. He's been helping me out for the past year, and I've been helping him," I explain. "He's been very good to me, don't worry."

"Oh really? Yeah I'm sure you guys have been helping each other quite well," Ryan says in reply and sighs, making me gulp nervously.

We continue talking for what feels like forever and it feels good to finally be able to talk to him.

We laugh uncontrollably as we completely forget about where we are, and the predicament we're in. It feels better to laugh and talk then to constantly sit around, worrying about him.

I leave soon, walking out the front door and into the night air.

I suddenly hear shuffling behind me and I turn around, seeing nothing but the dark night sky.

My forehead creases and I turn back around, walking a little faster. I hear it again, turning around and not seeing anything once again.

A loud screech shocks me as a cat jumps out from nowhere. I gasp as the cat runs away, turning the corner.

I sigh tiredly and hurriedly walk to Nicolas's car, seeing him sleeping peacefully in the driver's seat. I hide back a smile as I open the door, sitting down in the passenger's seat.

He squirms and turns towards me, opening his eyes slightly.

"Taylor?" He says, sitting up and adjusting himself in the seat. "How did it go?"

"It went well actually," I smile, happy I finally got to see my brother.

It was then that I realized Nicolas stayed out here waiting for me for more than three hours.

I leaned over the armrest and kissed his lips. He responds almost immediately and kisses me back, holding the side of my cheek.

We both pull away, resting our foreheads against each other's as we pant. "Thank you," I say softly.

"For what?" He says back.

"I don't know. Everything?" I say more like a question as I smile.

"You're welcome," he says back as I sit down in my seat, putting on my seatbelt.

He starts the car and pulls off as we drive in a comfortable silence back to his house.

____________________________________

She finally saw Ryan <33

This story will only progress more from here.

Please vote, comment, and follow! It's greatly appreciated!

Take care my loves.

aaliyah rose <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 812 54
♡ MAFIA ROMANCE ♡ *BOOK 3 IN "LOVE" SERIES (FINAL) #1 in Mafia (8/4/2023) #1 in brothers best friend (8/4/2023) #10 in enemies to lovers (8/6/2023)...
625K 14.7K 30
Valentina Devlin, known to be difficult and an insanely hard-to-get. From day one, she's only had two things on her mind. Getting recognition from he...
4.4K 150 21
"Get on your knees for me baby" "Is this the best time to tell you I have no Gag reflex" "Fuck" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When a ruthless mafi...
84.2K 1.4K 59
I lean upwards towards his ear breathing softly. "your mean." I murmur as I swallow a whine he clearly heard. His delish smirk appears "No" he shake...