Wei Ying adopted by HuaLian

By Mayyamone24

One day, Xie Lian was in the mortal realm, he saved a young child from fierce dogs! And now the child calls h... More

Chapter (1): Meeting the cotton ball
Chapter (2): Buying a set of clothes at Ghost City
Chapter (3): Who dares
Chapter (4): Lord Hua Cheng's new family!
Chapter (5): The traveling cultivator, The crown prince
Chapter (6): The Lantern Festival - Part one
Chapter (7): The Lantern Festival - Part two
Chapter (8): The Lantern Festival - Part three
Chapter (9): Three thousand Lanterns
Chapter (10): An awkward dinner table
Chapter (11): A-Ying's training
Chapter (12): A trip to Qiandeng temple - Part one
Chapter (13): A trip to Qiandeng temple - Part two
Chapter (14): Spicy stir-fried noodles
Chapter (15): To protect and help
Chapter (16): Play in the woods
Chapter (17): Yunmeng or Puqi shrine
Chapter (18): The Yushi Festival - Part one
Chapter (19): The Yushi Festival - Part two
Chapter (20): Xiu Li and Xiu Si
Chapter (21): To Yushi Country - Part one
Chapter (22): To Yushi Country - Part two
Chapter (23): Vast farm fields, under a tree
Chapter (24): A new guest
Chapter (25): In Laws
Chapter (26): A problem in Ghost City
Chapter (27): The Miracle Flower
Chapter (28): The Lords of Ghost City
Chapter (29): Suibian
Chapter (30): A night hunt
Chapter (31): Under the lake
Chapter (32): An unsolved case
Chapter (33): Around the world - Part one
Chapter (34): Around the world - Part two
Chapter (34.5): A special chapter
Chapter (35): Mount Tong'lu reopens
Chapter (37): Brocade Immortal - Part one
Chapter (38): Brocade Immortal - Part Two
Chapter (39): Brocade Immortal - Part three
Chapter (40): Play the Ghost King
Chapter (41): Protect the Ghost King
Chapter (42): Four weeks in the forest
Chapter (43): A promise to keep
Author's Notes
Fanarts

Chapter (36): All ghost aroused

5K 316 67
By Mayyamone24

Hua Cheng seemed as if he was at a point where he had lost all his senses, and wasn't able to recognize who was in front of him. He clutched Xie Lian even tighter in his arms and repeatedly muttered, "...I lied. Don't leave me."

Xie Lian widened his eyes. Outside the temple, while Guzi wailed while running after his father, Qi Rong broke out in hysterical laughter.

He cackled, "HEHE! HUA CHENG YOU FUCKER!! THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO LOOK DOWN ON ME ALL THE TIME! LOOK AT YOU, ALL COCKY ALL DAY! AIN'T THIS KARMA! YOU'RE DONE FOR!!"

Upon hearing this, the ghosts on the streets, who were on the verge of exhaustion from the pain, immediately cursed back.

"Green Ghost! You piece of useless trash, ya dare to swear at our lord?!"

The annoying ruckus going on around them drove Hua Cheng to the edge, making him even more infuriated. He raised his hand as if about to blast them to pieces. Instinctively, Xie Lian hugged him back to keep the hand down.

He soothed, "Okay, okay. I won't leave, I won't leave you."

With a flick of his hand, Qiandeng Temple's grand doors shut by themselves. To prevent Qi Rong from busting into the temple under these circumstances, Xie Lian shooed him:

"If you're gonna scram, then get lost! I don't have time for you! If you don't get lost, then just wait and see what I'll... ―AH!"

To his surprise, Hua Cheng was unsatisfied with only a shallow embrace, and he shoved Xie Lian roughly on top of the jaded table. Ink, paper, brushes all fell and scattered across the floor. Caught up in the struggle, Xie Lian's hand accidently glided past the ink pad stationed on the table, leaving crimson red marks along the paper underneath him.

"San..." Xie Lian started.

Before he could finish, Hua Cheng held him by the shoulders and leaned down to kiss him.

Qi Rong, who had undoubtedly heard something that didn't sound right, laughed. "Cousin Crown Prince, you better be careful! Hua Cheng is probably like a rabid dog right now; he'll bite whoever he sees! I, myself, will personally go and help you spread the news. There are quite a few monks and cultivators who seek revenge against Hua Cheng, they might as well come now and take care of him! AHAHAHAHAHAHA..."

Xie Lian's heart tightened as Qi Rong's laughter faded in the distance. If Qi Rong really did call forth a group of cultivators who were Hua Cheng's enemies, under the ghosts' current weakened condition, how could Ghost City defend itself?

Yet, amidst all this, Hua Cheng wasn't allowing him any break to think. Although he wasn't alive and shouldn't emit any warmth, at this very moment, his body was burning hot, as if he was struck by a high fever. With their lips tightly pressed against each other's, Xie Lian was practically forced to accept the incoming waves of heat. The hands that were originally trying to push Hua Cheng away now sank into the folds of the red fabric near his shoulders instead.

Maybe it was because Hua Cheng's spiritual energy was too strong. Xie Lian felt his throat, chest, and stomach were filled to the brim by warmth, to the point that it became uncomfortable. If he continued to endure this, he might just burst under the sheer amount of power that was being poured in. He tightened his jaw and raised his palm to slap. Although he did land a blow, because he really couldn't bring himself to hit Hua Cheng, the hand only tapped his shoulder instead; the force neither light nor heavy. Unfazed, Hua Cheng seized his wrist, held it down, and continued the attack on Xie Lian's lips.

Xie Lian really couldn't let this continue any further. This time, Xie Lian used both of his hands. After shoving Hua Cheng away, he fled to the side of the altar in panic, panting for breath. However, with bloodshot eyes, Hua Cheng hounded him and followed him over, pressing him against the altar.

Xie Lian cried, "San Lang!"

"..."

Perhaps his voice did reach him, for Hua Cheng stared at his face for a long time before suddenly wrapping him in a bone-crushing hug.

Seeing that he had regained some sense and stopped his advances, Xie Lian let out a sigh of relief. However, as he stood in Hua Cheng's embrace, he felt the unsettling energy inside of the Supreme fighting to break out. No wonder Hua Cheng had kissed him the moment he caught him. With such chaos going on internally, he had to find an outlet to expel it. In order to fully return to his normal state, blood must be drained. However, Hua Cheng wasn't alive, how would he have any blood to let out?

After a moment of consideration, Xie Lian came to a conclusion.

"... Forgive me."

He cupped Hua Cheng's new face and voluntarily covered the other's lips with his own; gently guiding the turbulent flow of heat into his own body, helping to ease the pain and suffering. Instinctively, Hua Cheng looped his arm around Xie Lian's waist, making Xie Lian shiver ever so slightly. In the next second, the two were tumbling on top of the altar.

It really wasn't fair. Xie Lian wouldn't dare touch anywhere on Hua Cheng that was even slightly dangerous. Yet, because of his cloudy state of mind, Hua Cheng's fingers were roaming across every inch of his body shamelessly, making Xie Lian suffer in silent torment. This altar was originally a place where one would make offerings to a god, but upon it now were a ghost and a god who were entangled in a heated battle of tongues. Although preposterous, the scene was beyond breathtaking.

In the past, when committing this sort of act, both parties were more or less clear-headed, and there was always a justifiable reason. There was at least some measure of control, since there was nothing beyond just lips covering lips. However, this time, with roaming hands on top of a hazy state of mind, it well exceeded the boundary of only lips and teeth.

In his foggy mind, Xie Lian finally realized something. Although every time it was out of his control and he had no choice, in truth, every time, there was a hidden desire he couldn't hold back, dimly flickering at the back of his mind.

After suffering through the entire night, the unsettled energy inside of Hua Cheng finally began to calm down. The arm that was clutching onto Xie Lian slowly released its grip. Xie Lian flipped over and sat up. Watching Hua Cheng's sleeping face, he finally heaved a breath.

Thrown to the side, E'ming's single eyeball was still spinning around frantically. Xie Lian picked up the scimitar, and only after giving it a long series of pets like the ones he usually gave Wei Ying, the blade finally softened into a crescent eye smile, as if it was finally satisfied. Not long after, Hua Cheng shot up from where he had been sleeping.

"... Your Highness?!"

Hastily, Xie Lian adjusted his expression. He turned around and beamed. "You're awake? Everything's fine now."

Hua Cheng did a quick scan around him. Needless to say, it was a giant mess inside Qiandeng Temple. His face was uncharacteristically distraught, as if he couldn't remember what happened the night before. Xie Lian jumped at the chance to speak, his voice calm and confident.

"What happened last night? All your subordinates were suddenly struck by either fevers or throbbing headaches. Everyone was restless. You were too, and you had quite the temper!"

Hua Cheng demanded, "Other than that?"

"Other than what? There's nothing else." Xie Lian blinked.

He could feel Hua Cheng's gaze on him as the Supreme continued to grill him. "Was there really nothing? Then, how did I calm down?"

Xie Lian softly cleared his throat, as if he was slightly embarrassed. "To tell you the truth, San Lang, please don't be mad at me. Other than doing this..." He motioned at E'ming, who he was currently petting, and admitted, "I, also, cough cough, had a fight with you."

"..." Hua Cheng looked at him suspiciously.

"...we fought?"

Xie Lian held down this fort and watched him earnestly. "That's right. Look, the hall is such a mess because of our fight."

There was a pause before Hua Cheng puffed a sigh of relief and rested his head on his hand. Seeing that he wasn't hounding for answers anymore, Xie Lian finally felt his suspended heart settle down, and silently released his breath.

"It opened," Hua Cheng muttered all of a sudden.

"What did?" Xie Lian asked.

Hua Cheng lifted his head, and with a somber voice, he clarified, "Mount Tong'lu reopened."

The meaning of this announcement couldn't be clearer for the two. Xie Lian widened his eyes. Mount Tong'lu was a natural ominous land crawling with malicious tidings; a live volcano that could erupt at any given time. Every few hundred years, the City of Gu within the mountain would open its gates, and affect millions of ghosts; it especially affected the previous Ghost Kings. Every monster, demon, and ghost that thrists to reach the level of Supreme will make their way to Mount Tong'lu. Once they had gathered, Mount Tong'lu would be sealed once more and the slaughtering would officially begin.

"San Lang, are you alright? Do you think we can go to Yushi Country? I want to go check up on A-Yue and A-Ying."

"Yes. Let's go."

Soon enough, the two arrived.

"Baba, you're back!" Wei Ying sprung forward and hugged Xie Lian. "I missed you."

Xie Lian softly patted the young boy's head, "I missed you too. Where's your sister?"

"Jiejie fainted last night. She's resting with Pei Su-dage right now."

"She fainted?!" Xie Lian exclaimed. His eyes widened with worry.

"Come. I'll guide you to her," Yushi Huang said as she walked ahead. Xie Lian quickly followed after. Although he was troubled for a bit thinking what if Banyue was like Hua Cheng last night? But the effect was only strong to Ghost Kings and as he saw in the Ghost City the night before, other ghosts seemed to suffer from only headaches and fevers. Thus, he quickly set aside the thoughts about the night before and hastily walked to his daughter.

On arriving at Pei Su and Banyue's house, Xie Lian saw that Banyue was sleeping on her bed while Pei Su was taking care of her. Xie Lian looked at her expression and was relieved to know that she didn't seem to be in pain.

Pei Su greeted, "Queen Yushi. Your Highness. Hua Chengzhu."

"Pei Su-dage. I'm here too!"

Pei Su smiled, "Hello, A-Ying."

Xie Lian, "Is A-Yue alright?"

Pei Su, "Yes. Her fever went down just this morning. She's sleeping for now."

Hearing that, Xie Lian heaved a sigh of relief. However, it didn't mean that he could relax his jittery nerves yet.

Yushi Huang, "Your Highness, I believe you've heard about Mount Tong'lu opening. Emperor Jun Wu has called forth all heavenly officials to attend an emergency meeting regarding the matter."

"I understand. I'll leave in a moment. And San Lang..." Xie Lian turned to look at the Supreme and continued to talk through their private communication array, "You will probably be busy, right?"

The opening of Mount Tong'lu meant there was a possibility that another Supreme Ghost King might be born from it. If a new Supreme Ghost King really emerged, it would mean an assault on all three realms. Hua Cheng and Black Water; although one was flashy and the other low-key, they both had their own styles and more or less knew their place and kept themselves in order. But who knew what kind of creature would emerge this time? What if Mount Tong'lu birthed a lunatic like Qi Rong, who would fight them for their domains; that'd be rather difficult to deal with.

"...I suppose so." Hua Cheng replied in a solemn voice.

"Then, you should go back to Ghost City for now. All the ghosts might be waiting and depending on you. I'll take A-Ying with me. Don't worry. I'll keep him safe," Xie Lian said with a gentle smile.

Hua Cheng couldn't find the words to refute. He still couldn't remember what had happened the night before. Xie Lian said they fought, but if he were to fight in that state of mind, even without E'ming, the damage couldn't have been that little. However, he couldn't probe Xie Lian for answers as Xie Lian was adamant on saying that they just fought. And now, he didn't know what to say, so he just gave a nod and left for Ghost City as Xie Lian said.

Only after Hua Cheng left did Xie Lian feel his heart soothe slightly. He took Wei Ying and they went to the heavens together with Yushi Huang. Then they parted ways as Xie Lian and Wei Ying went to Puqi Village while Yushi Huang went back to Yushi Country. Xie Lian and Wei Ying were just on the road but the villagers came flooding them as soon as they saw the two.

"Daozhang! You're back!"

"Did you go collect scraps in other towns again? You've worked hard, you've worked hard... Oh my! Isn't this Little A-Ying? He's grown so tall!"

"I've always been tall, Uncle Wu. What are you talking about?" Wei Ying rebutted and they shared pleasantries for a while.

"By the way, Daozhang, where's Xiao Hua?"

"...ah...Xiao Hua. He ...um, he went back home." Xie Lian quickly came up with an excuse. Wei Ying already knew that his A-die was using an alias to pretend living as a human so he supported the answer as well.

After talking to the villagers, Xie Lian walked to the shrine but then he saw a person standing at the door. His steps staggered a bit, thinking it was Hua Cheng; his heart also skipped a beat. But once he looked clearly, he saw it was Xiu Li.

Xiu Li also saw Xie Lian and Wei Ying coming back, and walked towards them.

"Your Highness. Wei Ying. Please pardon my intrusion. Hua-Chengzhu sent me to look after Wei Ying."

"Xiu Li-ge! It's been so long. Isn't Xiu Si-jie with you?" Wei Ying jumped on Xiu Li as he asked.

"No, she's back at Ghost City." Xiu Li was not one bit fazed by the thirteen-year-old jumping on him. Height wise, Wei Ying was already almost as tall as Xiu Li who looked like a young fourteen-year-old. Thus, Wei Ying must have been almost as heavy as Xiu Li too. However, Xiu Li was carrying Wei Ying on his shoulder without any effort as if it was nothing but normal.

"A-Ying, stop bothering Xiu Li. Let's get into the shrine," Xie Lian said.

Soon enough, Xie Lian set to work, chopping some radishes and peeling some potatoes. It had been so long since he'd attempted to cook something. For the past few years, it was always Hua Cheng who took care of their meals. But Hua Cheng was at Ghost City for now. Even though Xie Lian knew he pushed Hua Cheng away by using an excuse, Xie Lian really didn't know what else to do.

He didn't have the confidence that he could hide his feelings right now.

Just then, behind him, Xiu Li suddenly spoke up, "Fire."

"...???"

Only then did Xie Lian realize that while he was spacing out lost in thought, he accidently took up the pot and spatula and ruined all the meat and vegetables he just brought back to Puqi Shrine. The fire under the pot was meters high, almost scorching the ceiling, and Xie Lian hastily fanned at the flames to put it out. However, he slapped too hard and the entire stove collapsed. After much rumbling, Xie Lian stood there dazed with a pot in one hand, at a loss on what to do. Just then, Wei Ying peeked inside from the front door.

"What's with all the smoke? Baba, are you alright? ...!?? Did the stove catch on fire again??"

Wei Ying coughed as he quickly opened the windows and the door.

"Baba. Is A-die really that busy? Hu... Anyways, I think it's best if we leave kitchen stuff to A-die."

Wordless for a moment, Xie Lian murmured, "But... A-Ying, San Lang is... a bit busy for now..."

When he snapped out of it, Xiu Li and Wei Ying had already started to help him clean up the mess on the ground, and a plate of something vibrantly red and purple was on the table ― it had been randomly plated when he was zoning out. If the thing he made a few years past was called "Midnight's Tristar", then this should be called "Fried Riot of Colours". But other than Hua Cheng, there was probably no second person on this earth who could swallow the stuff. Xie Lian himself couldn't bear the sight of it and turned around to wash the pot, rubbing his forehead.

"Nevermind, don't eat it. Throw it away."

He could hear Wei Ying carrying water back and forth, from the shrine and the stream behind it and back. Xiu Li was inside the shrine, trying to clean the black soot created by the fire. He thought his dish had been thrown away by now. However, after he finished washing the pot and turned around, he saw Xiu Li, who had taken the plate and had already silently eaten the food. Wei Ying also came in at the same time.

"Xie Li-ge?! Did you just eat Baba's dish?? Are you alright? Do you feel bad anywhere??"

"Of course not," Xiu Li replied without batting an eye. Both Wei Ying and Xie Lian looked at him with surprise. Xie Lian's dish was not something even the strongest of the Martial Gods could handle. Even Black Water, who was the same Supreme Rank as Hua Cheng, would lose his mind after eating Xie Lian's dish.

"Would you like some water?" Wei Ying still asked, out of concern. However, Xiu Li just finished the plate and dragged Wei Ying to chop firewoods together. Xie Lian was the one who was left in the shrine, dazed. 

Then night came, and they went to bed. However, Xie Lian couldn't fall asleep. He kept thinking that the straw mat beneath him was laid upon by both him and Hua Cheng; together, mind racing with dozens of thoughts. He couldn't sleep; his eyes were wide open. Just when he was suffering from much internal struggle, he heard the window creak. Someone had softly pushed open the wooden frame and hopped inside.

Xie Lian was shocked; What kind of person would be so harsh on themselves as to come steal from Puqi Shrine? Wasn't this just labour without any return?

That person was light on their feet, extremely skilled; if not for someone like Xie Lian, who was extraordinarily sharp in his senses, it would've gone unnoticed. Once he hopped in, he ran straight for the donation box. Xie Lian immediately remembered that the donation box was full of gold bars before; was this person here for the gold? But those gold bars had long since been given to Ling Wen. Listening attentively, Xie Lian realized that this person wasn't actually cracking the lock, but was stuffing something, one after another, into the donation box!

After that individual had finished with their work, they seemed to be looking to hop out the window to leave. However, when that person passed the altar table and saw it filled with plates, they seemed to be hungry; they didn't think twice before chowing down on that leftover Fried Riot of Colours, stuffing a few mouthfuls down their throat.

The next second, THUD!, they were knocked out on the ground.

[Pfread is by sherwastaken.]

[And, omg! Thanks for all the reads and votes. I can't believe it has already reached 51k reads, and 33k votes. I'm overflowing with happy tears. 🥺🥺😭🤧😍]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
633K 30.2K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
100K 3.5K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024
234K 22.4K 56
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...