π†π„ππˆπ”π’ , 𝐁𝐍𝐇𝐀

By VER4LUVS

❝ 𝐈 πƒπŽπ'𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀 ππ”πˆπ‘πŠ, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐀 π†π„ππˆπ”π’! ❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ an overly sarcastic quirkless... More

00
π‹πŽπ•π„ πˆππ“π„π‘π„π’π“
01 | a planned aid
02 | debated
03 | familiar
04 | quirkless
05 | kaminari getting loki'd
06 | bastards
07 | chopping off some d
08 | dreams & goals
09 | a cute girl magnet
10 | to be on top
11 | for the glory
12 | the estimable king
13 | human puzzles
14 | the irony
15 | one punch
16 | clutches of terror
17 | the gate to madness
18 | volatile moods ft. junior
19 | serotonin killers
20 | the war of leagues
21 | the lone hero
22 | going james bond
23 | a glimpse of her future
25 | 3 steps forward, 2 steps back
26 | tinder, fuel, flame
27 | solitary souls
28 | living dead girl
29 | tortured genius
30 | coup de grΓ’ce
31 | grand masquerade
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟐
32 | black widow
33 | vigilante shit
34 | echoes of yesterday
35 | the guilty's mirage
━━━━ ❝ 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐒! ❞
36 | sweet double you

24 | the beginning of darkness

24.6K 1.3K 1.9K
By VER4LUVS

━━━━

CHAPTER WARNINGS:

brutality, graphic description
of violence, blood, mentions of
drugs, death, murder

━━━━

AFTER HER MEETING with the pro heroes, Y/n came back to the hideout per usual. Eri had noticed her jovial mood which she queried but never got an absolute answer. As of the moment, Y/n had cuddled her to sleep.

"Eri, listen to me very closely okay." the young genius whispered ever so lowly. The young kid nodded her head and shifted closer to her. "Remember the green-haired boy that you met the other day?"

Eri perked up but the young genius held her head down again. "Pretend that you're going to sleep." she said, "And that I am telling you a story, okay?" The young girl nodded her head and rested her eyes close.

"We're going to get you out of here."

Those words made Eri tighten her hold on Y/n. The latter could feel the young kid shaking as if she was on the verge of crying. "Eri, I need you to listen to the heroes, okay?" Y/n instructed, "No matter what Overhaul says, don't listen to him alright? Can you do that for me?"

Eri slightly nodded her head, her little heart pulsating inside of her chest at the thought of finally escaping from this hell hole.

"If I'm not there, don't hesitate to come to others."

"Where're you going?" asked Eri, she couldn't help the worry in her voice.

"That is only an 'if' Eri, we must be prepared for anything that could possibly happen." said Y/n, "We'll get you out of here, I promise. Now you better get some nap and gain some energy."

Y/n felt Eri relax in her embrace and stroked her head soothingly. The young genius waited for a few minutes for Eri to sleep and went over to their lounge from the other building to prepare the security system as the heroes would be on their way for about a few hours.

Arriving, Y/n paid no attention to the others and proceeded to do her own business. "Hey, brat!" called Mimic over a sheaf of cash piling on the table. "You make millions every day and all you gave is one hundred thousand yen?!"

Y/n sprawled on the couch with a laptop on her lap, eyes focus on the screen; she replied, "Beggars can't be choosy, Mimic."

Waves of laughter filled the room along with Mimic's string of curses. Y/n glanced at them briefly, noticing that almost all of the members are present.

Nearly half an hour had her eyes maintained on the screen, the longevity had caused her eyes to sting and itch in strain. A strong stench of alcohol had entered her lungs which made her barf, the remembrance of the liquor made her notice the feeling of dryness in her throat that felt like the surface of a sandpaper.

Knowing the only alcoholic in the group, Y/n ordered the man without glancing at him; "Deidoro, can you pass me some coke?"

The bony yet muscular man stumbled his way toward her and handed her a transparent package. Y/n tore her eyes away from the screen and looked at the cellophane in his hands which contained a white powdery substance.

"...I meant the drink."

The others howled in laughter. "Oh... Hic... My bad... Hic..." Deidoro slurred between hiccups, steps tumbling as he went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of juice. "Here."

"Not what I asked for but thanks."

Y/n gulped the drink and went back on her business. Moments later, her eyelids started to feel heavy and yawns would escape her mouth from time to time. She glanced at the wall clock that hang on the other side of the dimly lit room.

She still had two hours left before the invasion. The young teen waltzed out of the lounge and went into her room, falling into a deep slumber unaware of the danger that awaited her.

She lay on the bed sleeping soundly with shadows looming over her figure.

"Is she asleep?"

"I don't know bitch, try and wake her up."

"No, you wake her up."

"Out of the way pussy boys!" roared Rappa, marching towards the young genius while his companions shushed him.

"She didn't even stir when Rappa yelled." said Hekiji, a man whose role was to 'babysit' the aforementioned man. "I think the sleep-inducing drug worked."

Hekiji carried the unconscious genius deliberately and awaited for Toya to send the signal that everything was clear.

"Are you guys sure we should be doing this?" asked Yu with great skepticism. "And what about you Shin, why are you agreeing on this?"

"I think most of us share the same reason, Yu," replied Shin, scanning his co-members. "That of the exception of Hekiji and oddly Rappa."

Their conversation was intervened when Toya entered the room, he nodded his head meekly. Hekiji gestured them to keep quiet and went to their designated destination with the young genius sleeping on his hands.

Muffled explosions from the distance had stirred the young genius awake. Eyes fluttering open, it took her a moment to register what had happened. Y/n blinked a few times in a panic as she saw nothing but pitch black.

Her hammering heart eased when she saw a strip of light seeping through the edges of what seemed to be a door, she could hear the continuous cacophony outside.

Cursing in her head, she started to search for any type of gadget on her body but found none. She began exploring the dark room with hands wavering frantically in the air to search for any type of object but, alas, there was nothing.

Y/n tried to turn the knob but failed as it was locked from the outside, she bolted towards the door but only received pain from the impact. Her panic thoughts grew wild as anger flared in her eyes. Y/n could no longer think of anything but Eri.

Knowing that the heroes were present, she began to scream her heart out. "OVERHAUL YOU NASTY SKANK BITCH!" she kicked and banged on the door in hopes of someone hearing her. "I'M GONNA FUCKING DESTROY YOU AND YOUR PATHETIC LOVELESS LITTLE EMO BAND!"

"Your organization will never rise! That receding hairline alone tells enough of how much of an embarrassment you are to humankind! You ain't even human anymore bitch, you're the whole fucking virus that you're so afraid of! You don't need a mask, you need to be bubble wrapped and quarantined in a windowless room you fucking—"

Her rant was cut off when the door unlocked revealing a cloaked tall young man with indigo-colored hair. He looked like he just came from a battle due to the obvious damage in his costume. The boy flinched at her burning glare and adjusted the door to let more light enter the empty obscure room that she was trapped in.

"I'm Tama — Ah, Suneater!" he said, flinching at his own mistake.

"Thank you so much!" Y/n said, exiting the room. "I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't-" She paused upon hearing rapid footsteps.

"No need to thank me. We need to go," he said.

Y/n began to run and led the way for she had mastered her way in and out of the maze-like hideout. Tamaki trailed behind her and glanced once in a while behind them, he was currently torn apart by his duties. He needed to keep those villains occupied but seeing that Y/n didn't have her armored suit, she couldn't be left alone.

They ran and turned around the labyrinthine hallways with the distant many footsteps tailing not far from them.

"Shit!" cursed Y/n, arriving in the hallway with a huge locked metallic door that acted as a barricade that restrained them from escaping. "Let's take the other way--" Tamaki protectively blocked a hand on her way and activated his quirk seeing the villains infront of them.

"God dammit! I knew the drug wouldn't last long!" complained Toya. "It can't be helped. We'll just have to deal with her now," said Yu, dashing towards them but Tamaki successfully restrained them with his tentacles.

"Holy shit, your quirk has gotta be the coolest one I've ever known!" Y/n complimented the teen hero who sunk his head, flushed at her remark. "It's not... that cool," he muttered.

"So you guys found me out huh?" Y/n turned to the villains.

"That you're a spy? No, we didn't, it was Overhaul." said Toya, "He knew you were a mole, I don't know when nor how he knew but he was originally planning on taking you hostage against the heroes and killing you in front of them."

"Originally? Why the change of plans then? Why drug me to sleep?" she asked. Tamaki was surprised that she wasn't even bothered by what she'd learned.

"That wasn't Overhaul's plan." replied Toya, "It was us. The Eight Bullets."

Y/n's expression hardened. "Why?"

"Don't get us wrong, we don't care about what'll happen to you," said Yu. "You were in our way! If you stay here any longer, Overhaul will have no use for us anymore! We'll have no reason to live!"

"Oh, jealousy is a bitch." Y/n commented, "But I gotta say thank you for your venturesome deeds."

"Look out!" warned Tamaki, using his other tentacled hand to keep her away as the villain fought back against him.

"We'd given up on life y'see! When we tried to kill ourselves by leaping to our deaths, a hero caught us! Can you imagine our despair?!" yelled Toya, "We didn't see the point in living anymore! There's no way you'd understand!"

Y/n had a troubled expression with a hint of shock. She didn't know what to say and that scared her. A hero was someone who was supposed to save others, and yet she failed to see the people around her who also needed saving.

"But the young boss found a new use for old garbage!" added Yu, "Even trash like us have pride when given a job. You can bet we'll come through!"

Now hearing them say it from their own mouths, she couldn't even utter a single word. To say that you have no reason to live in such great tragedy that crumbles your entirety as a person.

Y/n watched as Tamaki struggled to restrain the crystals that protruded out of the villain's body. The young genius was baffled at the young teen hero's strength as his tentacles seemed to multiply and enlarge when Yu fought back.

"TABE WAKE UP! TIME TO EAT!" yelled Toya which snapped the young genius out of her stupor.

Knowing what the villain can do; without a second thought, Y/n ran towards Tabe, a villain who had an abnormally wide mouth with toxic saliva that paralyzes its victim once bitten, and punched him in the gut just as he bit one of Tamaki's tentacles.

"L/N!" called Tamaki.

As Tabe lost his balance, Y/n quickly twisted his hand and harshly slammed him on the ground while Tamaki desperately fought against the villains who attempted to attack her despite feeling himself getting stiff from the toxicity of the villain's saliva.

She stomped unmercifully on his head a few times, enough to daze him and caused a few skull and facial fractures. Being completely empty-handed she began to search for objects that might benefit her, Y/n had caught the sight of the tie around his neck, which secured the sack on his head, and tied it to his wrists.

"Solid bonds you say?" said Y/n, taking their attention from the injured teen. "Let him go or your little friend will get it." she threatened, once again stomping on his head causing a groan of pain from him.

"L/n, don't." groaned Tamaki, laying on the floor, paralyzed. "You'll all be arrested whether you beat us or not."

As Toya began to speak about how Overhaul had given them a 'purpose', Y/n brewed up a plan and visualized her movements to attack Toya as he had the ability to take what his target possessed which will undoubtedly be troublesome for Tamaki, and between them, she'll be the perfect one to fight against him as she was currently empty-handed.

The villain raised the teen hero with his crystalline hand allowing Y/n to see one of Tamaki's feet slowly transforming which indicated that he was ready to fight back.

Y/n bolted towards Toya who was surprised by her sudden attack. "Suneater!" she yelled to signal his perfect time to counter. The young genius spat on the villain's eyes and fired an up kick on his head then clean multiple punches on his liver and, to put the cherry on top, a harsh stomp on the groin.

The young genius smirked at her work as she watched the villain curl into a ball on the ground, gripping his side in agonizing pain.

"And that's why you can never rely on your quirk," she remarked with a gratifying smirk.

Y/n stared down at her legs and felt a newfound energy and pride, recognizing her own physical strength. Though arduous, her training at HPSC greatly improved her combat skills and physical strength.

Remembering her comrade, she turned around and searched for Tamaki. "Are you alright? Forgive me if I haven't done much," she said, assisting him as he stood.

"I'm fine." replied Tamaki, "And you did amazing, L/n."

"What should we do with them?"

Tamaki took a rope and replied, "I'll tie them up for now."

Y/n nodded and observed him for a moment, seeing that he can perfectly handle himself she said, "Forgive me but I still have to find Eri. Are you alright by yourself?"

"I'm perfectly fine," he replied, though ironically, he said that as he started to fall unconscious but the young genius was quick enough to catch him before he could land on the ground.

Mentally cursing, she gently laid him on the floor and checked his breathing along with his pulse. The young inventor heard the clanking of metal and saw her iron suit flying towards her. Y/n smiled widely, "Great timing Jarvis."

Her suit opened and Y/n immediately stepped in with her interface activating, "Shit, I knew I should've added some health aids in my suit." she cursed, "Jarvis, can you send some of the Iron Legion specifically to Suneater?"

"Right away, Miss." said Jarvis, "And now you're calling them 'Iron Legion'?"

"They were the League of Villains so I just called them the Iron League because I'm petty."

"I'm very well aware, Miss."

"Bitch."

Kirishima froze on his spot as he watched Fatgum take all the brutal punches to protect him. He felt so helpless and could only think of nothing but self-pity.

"REDRIOT!" a voice yelled, echoing through the hallway despite the sounds of blows from the exchange of attacks. The red-haired boy caught sight of the one and only suit of armor from across the hallway. He knew whose voice was it and from the sound of it, the tone had indicated displeasure of his actions.

"YOU'RE THE MANLIEST MAN I KNOW! MOVE!"

Y/n didn't care if she sounded demanding or mad, she didn't have the luxury to give him a corny motivational hero speech, she needed Kirishima to snap out of his thoughts and overcome his fear, or else the pro hero would be severely injured.

Kirishima was a man who lived on the principle of being chivalrous. He wanted to be like the man he had looked up to; a man who never backed down even if it meant diving into danger to live without regrets.

He saw such traits in the young genius. This separated her from the class, unlike them, she greets the danger as if she had been waiting for its arrival and faced it fearlessly without a second thought. Compared to him, Y/n is quirkless and will forever be quirkless and yet that didn't stop her from being a hero. Despite being such, she was daring, incentive, and most of all chivalrous.

He saw himself in the same position as before but this time, he's now a changed man. Instead of self-pitying, he will rise up alongside them as what they would've wanted for him. Kirishima quickly stepped out of his borderline and activated his quirk and took the attack in order to protect the pro hero.

Fatgum took the opening and punched the villain with all his remaining strength which sent Rappa and Hekiji backward as Y/n evaded their incoming bodies.

However, Rappa was able to withstand the attack, enough to keep him standing. "Not yet." he growled, "This's a death match and I ain't dead yet!"

Y/n immediately readied her weapons but to everyone's surprise, Rappa added; "There're first aid supplies down that way. Patch that kid -- No, patch that man up."

"This is a trap!" claimed Fatgum.

As the conversation escalated on how Rappa had admired and recognized their raw power. Y/n itched to escape and find Eri but seeing the villain still being able to move, she couldn't leave the two injured men for themselves.

"He's gonna distribute a huge load of something or other." Rappa surmised, "But he needs a ton of cash to make it happen. That's why he planned on killing the nerd. Once he's got the money he planned to take from her, the day it all goes down won't be far off!"

"Why'd you help them drug me then?" asked Y/n. "Wouldn't you like to rise too?"

Rappa chuckled. "I simply wanted a match with you!" he roared, "When I found out you were a mole, I wanted to challenge you and crush you with my bare hands!"

"Not because you were a spy, no." he continued, "But because it gave me a rational reason to beat you to plump. Overjerk was gonna kill you anyways so why not kill you myself? I hate people like you, you see. People rely on technology and weapons in battles are pathetic!"

Y/n soundly smirked, unfazed by his subtle insult. "So I've been told." she raised both of her palms as they glowed depicting the upcoming repulsor beams, "However, you should know that brains can trump brawns. But I shall not dwell myself on such futile argument when I have both."

The repulsor beams pushed the villain on the wall, the direct strong impact of the beam on his head rendered him unconscious. The young genius stared at the villain form and thought about his recent words. Using technology or weapons wasn't pathetic, it was simply strategical.

Y/n turned to the pro hero to check on their health. "Mr. Fatgum, I'm sorry I came late!" she bowed, "Forgive me, I didn't expect that they were going to—"

"You don't need to apologize for anything, L/n." the pro hero dismissively waved a hand, "Nighteye instructed Tamaki to rescue you earlier, he must've seen it coming."

"Alright, I must find Eri. Are you guys going to be okay?"

"Yes, we'll be fine," reassured Fatgum. "But be careful, L/n. If Overhaul can beat him easily-"

"I can perfectly handle myself." interrupted Y/n, feeling offended. "I know him well enough. Besides, my priority is to bring Eri to safety." Her jet boots activated which levitated her in the air. "I'll send an Iron Legionnaire to aid both of you. Good luck!" With that, she left.

The HUD displayed on the screen interface guided her throughout the labyrinth in search of the young yakuza leader. Y/n followed the sounds of angry rumbles and, alas, a gunshot was heard.

At the end of the hallway that she was in, a wall of soil stood as if it was been purposely bent to block the passageway. Y/n heard the voice of one of the heroes in training and immediately dashed through the blockage.

From the moment she saw the yakuza leader, Y/n blasted him with her repulsor beams before he could attack the hero in training named Lemillion.

"Y/N!" yelled Eri.

"Eri! I need you to stay with him alright?" said Y/n before turning to Lemillion, "I'll deal with Overhaul, please take Eri to safety."

The blonde nodded as Midoriya entered the scene along with a bunch of pro heroes. Overhaul muttered under his breath and placed a hand on the ground to manipulate it in an attempt to catapult the heroes. And before anyone could even move, Overhaul had fused with Nemoto, giving him more power.

"I'm in a really bad mood but things are looking up now," said Overhaul, "I'm a clean freak. When someone touches me, I lose it. I've never been pushed this far before."

Y/n being Y/n, threw a remark; "The trash is a clean freak? How ironic."

"You snake! I would've killed you if you weren't so useful!" Overhaul snarled. "If you won't oblige to my orders then I'll just have to force you to."

The villain dashed her way and so did Y/n. Before their fists could meet, Midoriya had thrown an apex of a pointed rock and threw it towards the villain followed by Y/n's fist on his face. Nigtheye launched at Overhaul and faced him head-on.

Y/n and Midoriya immediately assisted Lemillion and Eri. "Midoriya handle Eri. I'll carry Lemillion." said Y/n, lifting the teen hero with ease as the freckled teen carried Eri, obliging her orders and kicked the soil that had blocked their way.

"No... You've done enough... I am so sorry." cried Eri.

Midoriya had stopped to look at the young kid in his arms with worry and through his line of sight, he saw the pro hero getting catapulted by a pointed rock that Overhaul had manipulated. He then gently took off his hold on Eri and ran to assist the pro hero.

Y/n lay the injured hero and faced the young kid. "You don't need to be sorry, Eri. We're your heroes." She comforted, rubbing the tears off her cheeks. "I promised to get you out here didn't I? And I never break a promise."

The young genius carried Eri in one arm and turned to the yellow-haired boy and saw him clutching his stomach. "Can you still stand?"

"Yeah..." he groaned.

"This might hurt." Y/n hoisted him up and placed him on her free shoulder like a sack of potatoes earning a guttural groan from him.

From her back he could see the view of the battle field with his long time teacher catapulted. "How can you — Sir!"

"Forgive me but shut up. You've lost too much blood already." Y/n said, flying away. "It's too risky — Fuck!"

Y/n paused seeing a huge soil blocking the path and placed both Eri and Lemillion a few meters away for her to destroy the blockage without them getting hurt.

'One step ahead, huh? He's so smart it's fucking annoying'

As she continued to destroy the seemingly endless block of soil, she had failed to notice Eri escaping until Lemillion called and informed the young genius. "L/n! Eri!"

Y/n turned around and saw a glimpse of Eri going back to the villain. Without wasting another time, she bolted back towards the battlefield and saw Overhaul manipulate the ground that Eri was standing on.

The young genius dashed towards Eri and trapped her into her arms. However, to her horror Overhaul followed behind her and placed his hand on her suit, and used his quirk to morph the pieces of her suit into his own chest and arms.

The sudden disfigurement of her suit had tampered with her arc reactor and caused her a literal piercing pain in her heart. Y/n screamed in pain that had bounced against the walls, echoing throughout the field as blood escaped her lips.

Eri watched in horror seeing the young genius kneeling on the ground with watery eyes as she continued to cough out blood. Y/n felt the pain go through her heart like a sword as she struggled to take control of her body.

'At this rate, I'm gonna die!'

As of that moment, thoughts rapidly flashed through her mind. The feeling of helplessness crept behind her back to torment her once again, lacerating the scars that she had desperately tried to hide and ignore.

In the midst of the war, Y/n caught sight of Eri clutching a red cape with tears glossing her doe eyes as Midoriya tried to catch up to them.

Y/n felt her stomach sink upon realizing two things: she was going to die, and she was going to die in vain if Eri isn't freed from Overhaul's hold. And that was the last thing that she wanted to happen.

The young genius mustered all her remaining strength and moved her body to away from the villain causing him to lose his hold which opened an opportunity for Midoriya to catch Eri and bring her to safety.

Y/n held Overhaul from his shoulder and faced the villain with a sickening grin as her arc reactor scintillated blocking both of their vision.

"SEE YOU IN HELL, MOTHERFUCKER!"

A scorching bright unibeam had been discharged from her arc reactor, almost blinding everyone that directly set their eyes on it.

"Y/N!" cried Eri, recklessly running towards them with the fear of losing the person whom she have wholeheartedly loved. As Midoriya followed to prevent the young kid from injuring herself.

Y/n felt a metallic object pierce through her heart as she spluttered blood. The impact had thrown both of them away from each other and just as the light ceased the heroes immediately went into action.

Nighteye went over to Overhaul taking precautions. His face scrunched up in disgust upon seeing the villain's lifeless body bathing in his own blood with a massive hole in his chest with embers sparkling gruesomely on the corners of his wound.

The pro hero tore his eyes away from the macabre scene when he heard a high-pitched cry that surely reached the ears of the people outside. He ran towards the sound and across the piles of debris he saw the young girl bawling her eyes out as she clutched the body of her late guardian who was laying on the ground as her arc reactor constantly flickered, losing its glow, with her eyes open yet seemingly void of life.

Midoriya fell to his knees as he stared wide eye at Y/n's lifeless face with her eyes staring at him blankly as they threatened to close. His vision became blurry and he felt a thorned chain wrap itself tightly on his throat before letting his voice out in a deafening cry of grief that ushered the others to the scene.

Tsuyu and Aizawa arrived at the scene and instantly choked on a sob when they saw what had caused the freckled teen to cry. Uraraka, who happened to be near Nighteye, faced him with pain taking over her face as tears streamed down her cheeks, "W-why didn't you tell us, this would h-happen?!"

Nighteye merely gave her a side eye and stared at the pale blue-haired young girl with her horn sparkling with light as it grew.

"Just watch." he said, simply.

Eri saw how the young genius' arc reactor flickered. She remembered that it was the thing that kept her alive, and seeing that it hasn't completely lost its light, she hoped that she was still alive. Eri desperately used her quirk despite not having any idea how to use it. She placed her chubby hands on her arc reactor and attempted to use her quirk.

With hope in his heart, Midoriya stood up and went towards them knowing what she was trying to do. Uraraka wiped the tears on her face as realization dawned on her.

Nighteye was oddly calm and never told them about this occurrence. Now seeing the young kid using her quirk, relief, and joy immediately washed over her, and ran toward them.

After a few seconds, Eri felt exhausted but nonetheless peered over to the young genius' face as her teary doe eyes scanned her. The others crowded over the young genius with hope lingering in the air seeing her arc reactor gaining its glow.

Y/n gasped and blinked her eyes for a moment as she stared at them with widened eyes. "Please tell me nobody kissed me."

Eri engulfed Y/n in a tight hug and hid her head on her neck as she sobbed. Midoriya cried and hugged both of them and soon each of them, including Aizawa, joined the embrace.

"Ow, ow. Okay, good job everyone. I'm happy to see you guys too."

Midoriya chuckled as he wiped the tears from his eyes, the tears of joy. Eri remained her embrace on the young genius and the older teen responded. "I'm so happy you're okay," Y/n whispered, feeling her heart swell in happiness.

She departed from the hug and felt a hand on her head before her face contacted with someone's chest. Y/n looked up and saw her former homeroom teacher giving her a light embrace with a small genuine smile of relief.

"We're glad that you're alive, L/n," he said, letting her go and placing his other hand on Eri's head. "We're all glad that you're both okay."

Y/n soon felt Eri drift to sleep in her arms just as the paramedics entered the scene. The young genius stood up and carried the girl in her arms. She turned to the pro hero and asked, "What about Ov—"

Aizawa interrupted with a reply, "You need to get treated first. We'll handle the rest."

The young genius nodded in obedience and went towards the medics, having theorized what had happened to the yakuza leader.

Nighteye's trailed at the young genius' figure as the paramedics tended to his injuries. He took no notice of the pain in his body when his thoughts wandered around on what he foresaw.

He didn't even quiver when everyone assumed Y/n was dying because he knew that she would survive. After all, she was far too salient for she had the entire future of the hero society under her dainty fingers.

Those injured in battle were taken to a nearby university hospital. There Y/n had gone through an overall body checkup for any sort of damage, especially after having a literal near-death experience.

Apparently, her heart had been wounded by the metals of her own arc reactor when Overhaul had dissembled her suit, and some of the pieces and fragments that he had left wounded her heart. Fortunately for her, Eri was able to use her quirk to rewind the damage; completely healing the young genius and repairing her arc reactor.

"Can I see Eri now?" asked Y/n, for the second time in the past minute after asking the same question.

The doctor sighed, "Miss L/n, please, you need to rest. And as I have told you before, they have made the decision of isolating her due to certain circumstances that I think you already know."

Y/n clicked her tongue in annoyance, "What about Sun Easter? Is he okay?"

"Suneater." corrected the doctor, "And his face has been split open but there should be no lasting damage."

A nurse knocked on the door that captured their attention. "Excuse me." the female nurse said, "Miss L/n, Nighteye requested for your presence."

The doctor nodded his head and gestured for the young genius to follow the nurse. Y/n trailed behind the nurse with haste footsteps as she seemed the be in a hurry.

After a few turns, the nurse stopped at a room and Y/n could already hear the sniffles inside the room. The young genius entered and saw the pro hero with tubes connected to his stomach and a ventilator to help him breathe. All Might, Midoriya, and Lemillion stood beside his bed with tears on their faces.

"Sir Nighteye?" Y/n said, softly.

"L/n," he whispered, using his remaining hand to gesture for her to come closer. Y/n looked at the other three for any indication of what was happening but the former symbol of peace only nodded his head in response to her silent question.

Y/n went closer to the pro hero and was surprised when he gripped his hand over her shoulder. "L/n, I am grateful that you've courageously saved Eri." He said, "Now that I've seen that energy for a certain future can be changed. Maybe, just maybe, I can change another."

"Sir Nighteye, I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean." Y/n replied, "You should save up your energy for heal—"

"Listen to me L/n." He said, firmly. "Do not let the darkness take over you. I want you to reach out for help. You... you're a good kid, a strong one, but don't forget to seek help to lighten the weight on your shoulder."

Y/n could only look at him in confusion and worry, noticing his breath getting ragged and his hand on her shoulder felt ice cold despite the clothes that she wore.

"I'll take your advice, sir," she replied. "Thank you."

Nighteye smiled at her and called for Mirio. Y/n backed away to give them space, Aizawa saw her face with an expression mixed with worry and confusion and placed a hand on her shoulder. Y/n looked up to her former teacher as he patted her shoulder for reassurance. The young genius took the signal and focused her attention on the others, placing her confusion aside in respect for the now-deceased pro-hero.

After paying her respects to Nighteye and sending her condolences to Allmight and Mirio. Y/n was escorted back to her hospital room for questioning.

The young genius learned that Overhaul was dead — not that she didn't know that would happen.

Replaying the fight in her mind, she knew she acted without a second thought and used her arc reactor to project the unibeam because if she was going to die, she was going to take him down with her.

Y/n didn't get any charges for it which she thought was unjust but kept her mouth shut. Y/n thought about her unforgivable sin in repeat. She never really thought about the consequences because at the moment when she did that she knew she was going to die anyway. The thought that she was supposed to die if she weren't saved by Eri didn't scare her.

At the moment, what she feared was herself. Y/n felt nerved that she did not feel any regret at all for what she'd done.

She tried to make herself feel even a bit of remorse but she only felt nothing towards that particular fact. It was as if what she'd done was not a big deal and that scared her.

A hero wasn't suppose to take someone's life regardless of who they are — she lived in that principle and yet she could not feel a single bit of regret.

The fact that she could live by tomorrow like any other day like she had not killed a man felt unjust. Y/n fought herself and placed in her mind that she should feel regret, and regret she felt, or so she thought, allowing herself to dive into delusion; because that is what a hero should feel after such a deed.

The young genius felt something bouncing on her head and saw an empty takeaway box that hit her forehead and landed on her hand that she was unconsciously staring at.

"I asked you a question," Aizawa said, who threw the box at her noticing her inattentiveness.

"Yes," she replied.

"I asked you to pick between peyoung yakisoba or yakimeshi." He said, preparing the instant meals.

"Yes," he added in a mocking tone. "I've been talking to you for the past few minutes. You seem to be occupied."

"Sorry."

Aizawa handed her, her food and sat down beside her as he clasped his hand before diving down on his own meal. "It's understandable after everything that happened today."

"Eat." He nudged her arm seeing that she was only staring at her food. "You'll feel better."

"That's what they say until you realize that you've eaten too much to take your sadness away then instantly regret it then you'll feel worse than before."

"Just eat the damn food, L/n."

The young genius grumbled and began to eat. Y/n didn't expect for her adventurous, dreadful yet successful day to end in a local hospital cafeteria eating instant meals with her former teacher. Y/n ate the fruits from the punnet that Uraraka had given to her earlier when she visited the young genius in tears.

Y/n gave some to her teacher which he received in gratitude. Her eyes landed on the letter from the brunette that lay inside the basket, remembering its contents; contents of which expressed Uraraka's gratitude and worries for her including the adoration which Y/n questioned yet didn't mind.

"L/n." began Aizawa.

The teen hummed in reply as she munched on her food.

"I just want you to know that UA will still welcome you with open arms."

Y/n faced him and smiled. "Thank you," she replied, shortly. She knew what he was trying to deliver but didn't say anything about it.

Aizawa knew that she had recieved his subtle offer of going back to UA but didn't push it further. "Are you alright?" he asked, attempting to initiate a conversation without being awkward. "You must have a lot going in your mind."

"I'm fine just exhausted." she said, looking down at her food. "Everything seemed surreal. I literally almost died."

'And I just killed a man.'  she mentally added.

Aizawa hummed in recognition and placed a hand on her head. "If you need anything or if you want to talk to somebody. Just approach me okay?"

"Why?" she asked, "I'm not your student anymore."

"That doesn't mean I can't help you."

Y/n stared at him for a moment before replying, "Did I just have to drop out of UA for you to be kind to me?"

"I'm serious, L/n," he said with a smirk, retrieving his hand back.

The young genius chuckled. "Thank you, sir."

"Just call me Eraserhead when we're in public."

"Thank you, pencil head."

"That nickname is getting old."

"What happened to scolding me for using nicknames, John Wick?"

"John Wick?" he replied, laughing lightly. "That's a compliment."

The two continued their mirthful conversation at the cafeteria as doctors and other medical professionals passed by them. Aizawa had become worried for the young genius state.

At a young age like her's, she had undoubtedly been through a lot and no one knew what she was truly feeling or what goes on in her mind for she invariably displays her charismatic persona in front of them.

However, ever since the incident from the I-Island; if one would observe, one can see an imprecise facet of her thoughts and emotions that she had concealed underneath her masquerade.

Aizawa knew that he had to look after her. The fact she had killed a man, though a villain, without hesitation or even a showed a hint of remorse had sparked a sense of eeriness in him. Nevertheless, he knew that she had done that knowing that it would've also taken her life.

For now, he planned to create a bond with her to make her feel even a bit more comfortable with him. After all, despite having an unhuman intelligence — just as Nighteye had said before his passing — she also needed help and guidance.

He wasn't sure what Nighteye had seen that even in his remaining breath, he had called for her presence. Nighteye had said that she will play a huge part in society's future, hence, giving Aizawa more reasons why he should look after her.

Another important piece of information that Nighteye had given to him was that someone was coming that has to do with her. He didn't know what this person wants but still, he took precautions. Y/n is already in so much danger as it is and telling her what Nighteye foresaw would only place heavier weight on her shoulder. Aizawa would just have to make sure that she maintains her connection with him or with the class for him to be able to supervise her.

Aizawa began to cogitate about what he could do to protect her from this certain someone that might be a possible threat to Y/n, completely ignorant to the fact that Nighteye had not been truthful about this person.

Thank you for reading and
supporting this book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5.7K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
340K 8.4K 79
I love you Shoto.... So this night let's become inseparable.. Take me.. Two stupid Teenagers that made a stupid choice resulting in severe conseque...
401K 16.4K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
4.6K 122 18
Y/n L/n is a girl that was born in the first generation of quirks on Earth. She always thought she was quirkless until she suddenly found herself in...