A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!šŸ™„
Chapter 8. Party?!
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'

Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'

303 24 9
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO COMMENT.

The Next Chapter will be uploaded till next Tuesday. You will be informed if there will be any changes in the schedule.

Continuing from the next scene.

Thank you!
Happy reading!
:)

• • •

Somewhere in Sikkim :

Ayaan and Krish were running, two men were chasing them. They run to a Carfax. Ayaan's gaze falls on an open stair leading to a shop. He drags Krish grabbing his wrist and they ascend the stairs up all the way to the shop only to go in acting casually as if they were just playing around.

*

In The Shop 🛒🛍 :

The shop was like a small mall. It had all kinds of stuff, like bathroom stuff, kitchen stuff, groceries etc.

The shopkeepers and few customers look at the duo of teenagers who out of nowhere came in like a Tsunami, huffing while trying to catch their breathes. "See, I told you I'll win! Now let's shop and treat me snacks, loser!" Ayaan says smirking at his friend. Krish rolls his eyes boringly.

The customers and the shopkeepers go back to their respective jobs shaking their heads as an old man mutters going back to his shopping, "Kids."

It's not a known street they visited before, so they can't behave like they are new here. You never know, danger can be anywhere, Krish understands that better but he is surprised to find his friend is more sensible in such urgent situations.

Ayaan drags Krish in a corner vanishing the smirk off of his face. Acting like they are shopping, he asks lowly looking around, "Who the hell were they? And why were they running after us?"

Krish stares at his friend trying to calm down his racing heart which was racing due to the running all the way to the shop but now it's racing due to his friend's sudden question. Ayaan takes deep breaths to even his breathing and asks still acting like a shopper, "Leave it! Who did you call when we were running?"

Krish takes a deep breath resting his hands on his waist and answers in a low tone looking here and there to make sure they are not being heard, "My bodyguard."

Ayaan looks at his friend without any expressions. He was trying to calculate how he should react at his ridiculous words. "What crap are you throwing at me? What are you? A prince?" He asks making a face.

Krish sighs looking down at the floor at his friend's reaction shaking his head and says looking up in a low tone, "Firstly, let's go home then I'll tell you everything. But please, right now we need to get home safely. We have to stay here, Jonathan Uncle must be coming to get us."

Ayaan turns to his friend resting his hands on his waist and asks sarcastically, "Why? Is he your bodyguard?" Krish nods. Ayaan stares him and asks again in disbelief while frowning, "Are you telling me that Jonathan Uncle, your neighbour, is your bodyguard?!" Krish nods again.

Ayaan stares at his friend not understanding a single thing. Is he joking around?

Krish presses his lips in a thin line looking at him and says, "Trust me. Just wait a little longer, please." Ayaan stares at his friend thinking if he should believe his nonsense crap or not? But he knows him since childhood and he knows well that Krish will never prank him in such way, atleast not in such serious situation when their lives were in danger. Ayaan nods and they look here and there deciding to shop for some snacks to save themselves from getting doubts on why they came here running all the way.

Krish's phone rings when they stand on the counter. He picks it up taking their bags but Ayaan carries them for him and nods at him to pick up the call. Krish picks up the call and speaks up, "Yes, Uncle?"

"We got to your location. Where are you?" Jonathan asks in the call.

"We are in a-" Ayaan nudges him. Krish nods at him and goes to a corner and speaks in a low tone, "We are in a shop. But they might still be waiting outside somewhere for us, Uncle! And Ayaan is also with me." He says looking at Ayaan who pays the bill.

"Don't worry, Kid. The police has arrested them. It's safe now. You can come out now. I can see the shop you were talking about." Jonathan says making the teenager take a relief breath.

"Okay then. We are coming." Krish says and hungs up the call saying lowly to his friend while helping him with the snacks, "The police has got them. We can leave. Uncle is here."

* * *

At The Hospital 🏥 :

They reach the hospital and wait for their turn. "I'm hungry!" Nishi whines as a smiling Dr. Taahira comes and says, "You can go back home once your dressing is done." Nishi nods and Taahira takes her for the dressing leaving Manav and Tej to wait.

"You still upset with her?" Manav asks Tej.

"I just need to talk to her in private. I want to ask her why she pretended instead of asking about the lies earlier to Mom-Dad?" Tej says.

"I don't think you are in a position to ask her that." Manav says.

Tej frowns. "Why not?" He asks.

"She will ask you why you did not care earlier? You can answer that question but are you ready to answer it right now?" Manav asks.

Tej thinks then looks away sighing in frustration. Today was a long day for him. These previous weeks were quite exhausting, from pretending to actually facing everything in one night, it was all too much for all. But then, it was worth it.

"Sakshi Di will confront Nishu for her nightmares today. Do you think it's the right time?" Tej asks being concerned.

"Well, we can only find that out ones Di will talk to her." Manav says earning another sigh from his friend.

*

"This is Dr. Namrata Singh, your favourite. She will help me to bandage it." Dr. Taahira says.

"No dressing?!" Nishi asks being happy.

Dr. Namrata chuckles saying, "No dressing and after one more week you will be free from this bandage too."

"Amazing!" Nishi exclaims.

"But that doesn't mean that you will avoid all the precautions." Dr. Vishal says entering.

"I will not." Nishi says determinedly.

"Good!" Dr. Vishal says nodding.

In these weeks, Nishi met Dr. Manan, Dr. Namrata and Dr. Vishal. Dr. Namrata and Dr. Manan clicked to her instantly because they are naughty, just like her. Dr. Vishal being a mature one among them used to go crazy whenever this trio came together. He specially requested Dr. Trisha to not to put his duty with Dr. Manan or Dr. Namrata whenever Nishi comes which gave Nishi's family and friends a good laugh when Dr. Trisha told them on a Sunday afternoon.

Dr. Vishal does the work as Dr. Taahira reads a patient's file and Dr. Namrata helps. Nishi and Dr. Namrata talk a lot during the work and would often laugh making Dr. Taahira want to laugh at Dr. Vishal's state who was making unpleasant faces hearing their blabbering which doesn't make any sense to him because they talk about cartoons. Dr. Vishal started liking the company of this kid. But sometimes he would get irritated as she would behave just like his friends, Dr. Manan and Dr. Namrata.

"Can you please young lady shut your mouth so that I can work peacefully?" Dr. Vishal says earning a giggle from Dr. Namrata and a chuckle from Dr. Taahira as the patient says flaring her nose, "Fine!"

The work was done in just half of an hour with carefulness as the wound didn't heal completely and it needed one more week to heal completely.

"Now you can go to school daily." Dr. Vishal states and she gets up shouting, "Yes!"

"But be careful! No running, no jumping and no carrying heavy stuff yet!" Dr. Namrata warns her strictly.

"मैं स्कूल जा रही हूँ Nimmi Di, मजदूरी करने नहीं!" Nishi says narrowing her eyes at the young doctor earning a light slap from her as Dr. Vishal rolls his eyes at her.

[ Translation : "I am going to school Nimmi Di, not to labouring!" ]

They come outside and Dr. Taahira says to Manav and Tej, "She can go to school from now on but still be careful. No carrying heavy stuff, no jumping or running! Meals and medicines on time. And rest and proper sleep is compulsory." The doctor looks at Nishi and says, "Don't push yourself too much if you can't work for too long. Take rest even if you are college." Nishi nods like a kid. Her height and matureness is what fools people to think that she is an adult woman, not a teenager and kid.

"Now, you can go to visit Dr. Sakshi." Dr. Taahira says.

Nishi nods but then frowns asking, "What for?"

"She wants to talk to you about something. Come." Tej says. Nishi walks away with him with a thoughtful gaze, 'What does she want to talk about now?'

*

Dr. Sakshi's Cabin :

The trio was waiting for Dr. Sakshi to finish her call who was talking to a doctor about one of her patients. Manav was standing beside Nishi with folded hands while Tej and Nishi were sitting there.

Ones done, Dr. Sakshi turns to Nishi with a smile while putting her Mobile phone on the table, "So, how are you now?"

"I'm perfectly fine. Thanks to you." Nishi replies with a grateful smile.

Dr. Sakshi smiles and asks, "I wanted to ask you this from a long time, but I thought firstly you need to get better." Nishi nods making the surgeon continue with a grave look, "The first night you were in the ICU, you had six nightmares. And after that night, you had nightmares almost everytnight."

Nishi's heart rate increases but she does not let her face show it while thinking with a racing heart and shocked brain, 'Fu*k! I totally forgot about this sh*t!'

"Although, I can understand that patients do watch nightmares under high doses sometimes. It's normal. But you are continuously watching nightmares every night and your first night in the ICU you also had two panick attacks in your unconcious state." Dr. Sakshi says calmly.

Nishi goes mum this time while staring at the doctor silently, 'Da*n! What the fu*k?!'

"You had panick attacks a few more times but you watched so many nightmares. And that's not normal, Nishi. So, I want to know, why? Why you had these panick attacks? What's the reason behind your nightmares?" Dr. Sakshi asks calmly.

Nishi keeps staring at the paper weight on the table while Tej amd Manav were waiting for her reply along with the doctor. Dr. Sakshi says gently when she gets silence in reply, "Nishi," Nishi looks up at the doctor who continues, "nightmares and panick attacks at this level never take place for no reason. It's crystal clear that there are memories of some incidents which are haunting you since a long time now and you are unable to forget them and move on. You can share it with us. It will help you a lot. Trust me." The doctor offers the teenager a kind smile.

'Trust my foot!' Nishi thinks blankly looking at the doctor.

"If you want, We can talk in private. Just you and me." Dr. Sakshi offers.

"No!" Comes Nishi's immediate reply. The trio looks at her for her sudden desperation. Nishi clears her throat saying, "I mean, no need for that. Actually, I lost my grandparents when I was almost 5. And then those attacks happened. So. . . .yeah, they are the reason. . behind my panick attacks and. . . nightmares. I often have them due to high doses of medications."

The trio stares at her. The air in the room feels too uncomfortable for the teenager who clears her throat again and says with a smile, "But all is good now! I will be free from these medicines soon too! So, nothing to worry about!" Nishi says with a smile at the doctor. The teenager does not dare to look at her another big brother who was staring at her.

Manav clears his throat making Tej to look at the doctor. Tej was worried now. He did not seem to believe her words fully. At some point he knows she is telling the truth but he doubts that it's not the entire truth. She was telling them half truth and the half, they needed to find out.

"Look Nishi, if there is anything you want to shar-"

"It's nothing like that, Doc. I'm good now." Nishi says cutting off the doctor's words.

"You do know that it's not normal. Right?" The doctor asks more gravely.

"I know. But I'll be fine, really." The patient tries to convince the doctor.

"I don't think so." Nishi turns to her big brother and Tej suggests looking straight in his sister's eyes, "You should take a professional's help."

Nishi blinks asking, "What do you mean?"

"A psychiatrist." Tej replies.

"No, Bhaiya. There is no need for that. I have already met a psychiatrist long ago. You can ask Dadaa. He was also there with me." Nishi says.

"What did the psychiatrist say?" Dr. Sakshi asks narrowing her eyes at that.

"He said, with time, these panick attacks and nightmares will go away. It takes times with some people but they will go away with time and good company. That's why Dadaa used to keep me company on video calls or he would find time to just come to meet me. That really helped. It's just the medicines that are too strong." Nishi says calmly.

"But Bhishma Uncle looked shocked when he heard about your nightmares." Dr. Sakshi says sternly as if she caught her lying.

"That's because he thought I'm fine now. He did not know that I still have those nightmares. And about my panick attacks, I never told him because I did not want to worry Mom and Dad. They were already panicking about my safety everyday and I did not want my heart patient father to worry more." Nishi clears everything.

Dr. Sakshi nods in understanding. Tej sighs at her nature. Just like him, Manav also did not like hearing her reply but then she was right earlier that they are not in her parents' shoes and may be if they were in her shoes, they could have done everything to hide issues like these from their heart patient fathers.

"Alright. But if instead of getting better your situation worsened then you will have to take a professional's help! And then we will not be asking you!" Dr. Sakshi warns.

"Sure." The patient nods.

They go back after meeting Dr. Avinash and Dr. Nishant who come along with them. However, Dr. Smriti was busy today due to a scheduled surgery.

* * *

At Vihaan's House 🏡 :

Rajveer nudges Avinash who was lost in his thoughts while playing with the food. Avinash looks at him and Rajveer asks, "What's wrong? You are not eating. All okay?"

"No. Abhi is being weird these days. He hardly comes home from his office and when he comes, he comes later when Mom-Dad would already go to bed. I'm worried about him. He is pushing himself too much. Hardly talks. Mom-Dad are worrying for him now. I hardly get time these days to talk about it and when I'm free, he is always busy. Or it looks more like he is keeping himself busy deliberately."

"What about Uncle-Aunty?" Mrityunjay asks putting the spoon down.

"They tried to talk to him many times but he keeps ignoring them. He is giving them a silent treatment. Even Mann asked me why he is not coming on weekends these day? He told me he is not answering their calls and messages." Avinash says.

"He is not answering our calls too." Manav pointed out. Avinash sighs.

Rajveer pats Avinash's back saying teasingly, "Leave him to us. We will deal with it You should worry for your crush or someone might ask her out." Rajveer wiggles his eyebrows at Avinash hearing that who out of the blue feels heat crawling to his cheeks.

Tej coughs lightly to stop his laugh while Avinash glares at his friends shyly who were trying to suppress their laughter. Vihaan chuckles.

Meanwhile, Shreya who was on the dinning table, looks at her paternal Aunt who was lost in her thoughts while others were busy in talking, eating and joking around. "चाची!" Shreya calls but Karuna doesn't reply while playing the food. Then she nudges her getting her attention. "क्या हुआ? आप ठीक हो?" Shreya asks her getting attention.

[ Translation 1 : "Aunt!"

Translation 2 : "What happened? Are you okay?" ]

All of them look at Karuna who smiles awkwardly and says, "हाँ! मैं तो ठीक हूँ बिल्कुल। क्यूँ क्या हुआ?"

[ Translation : "Yes! I am absolutely fine. Why, what happened?" ]

"Mom, आप ठीक नहीं लग रहे हो जब से snacks सर्व किए हैं आपको। आपकी तबियत तो ठीक है ना? Snacks ठीक थे?" Kirti asks with concern.

[ Translation : "Mom, you are not looking well ever since we served you snacks. Are you feeling well? Were the snacks okay?" ]

"हाँ बेटा, बिल्कुल टका-टक है मेरी तबियत! Snacks भी बहुत अच्छे थे। बस, काम बढ़ गया है NGO का, तो थोड़ी थकावट हो रही है।" Karuna says smiling and looks down at her food.

[ Translation : "Yes dear, I am absolutely fine! The snacks were also very good. The work of the NGO has increased, so I am feeling a little tired." ]

Nishi frowns as she feels she is lying.

"तो आपको किसने बोला इतना काम करने को? Kirti है ना, just tell her if you need something to get done. No need to stress yourself too much, Mom!" Tej says.

[ Translation : "So who told you to do so much work?" ]

"Yes, you are stressing too much these days. That's not good for your health, Aunty." Nishant says.

"Exactly! But ये मानें तो ना। मेरी सुनती नहीं हैं एक तो।" Kirti says frowning. Karuna smiles at their concern and looks at her phone for the nth time.

[ Translation : "Exactly! But if only she agrees. She doesn't listen to me at all." ]

"किसी की कॉल का wait कर रहे हो आप, Mom?" Nikita asks noticing her glancing at her phone again and again. Her question raises the mother figures' heart rates.

[ Translation : "Are you waiting for someone's call, Mom?" ]

Karuna was going to speak up but Gia says dramatically pouting, "और कौन होगा? Chachu की कॉल का wait कर रही होंगी, उनको miss कर रहीं हैं ना बहुत, इसलिए। पूरी week में एक ही तो दिन मिलता है दोनों लोगों को साथ बिताने का और उसमें भी Chachu left to meet his friend." They all laugh as the ladies chuckle fakely with Karuna. Her mind and heart was somewhere else, how could she laugh?

[ Translation : "Who else will there be? She must be waiting for Uncle call, she is missing him a lot, that's why. In the whole week both of them get only one day to spend together and in that too Uncle left to meet his friend." ]

"Mom, is everything okay?" Nishi asks finding her mother's behaviour odd just like Kirti and Vihaan who keep looking at their mother with concern.

Karuna nods smiling and says, "हाँ। I'm fine, बेटा. बस थोड़ा rest करना है। I'm tired."

[ Translation : "Yes. I'm fine, dear. Just need some rest. I'm tired." ]

"Okay then. Finish your dinner then you can rest." Nikita says as always ordering around when it comes to her health making Karuna smile. Tej sighs with Vihaan seeing her genuine smile but Nishi and Kirti feel awkwardly concerned, not understanding why.

*

Anuradha was pacing around in the garden with worry when her phone rings and she picks it up quickly, "Vineet? क्या हुआ? Krish ठीक है ना?"

[ Translation : "Vineet? What happened? Is Krish alright?" ]

"Everything is under control now. Don't worry, भाभी!" Anuradha takes a relief breath and nods at Karuna with a bright smile who finally leaves a breath which she was holding in while Sukanya thanks to the God with Kalpana. "Karu को कहिये कि वो ठीक है और भैया भी मेरे साथ ही हैं। हम उसे लेने जा रहे हैं। यही safe होगा।" Anuradha looks at the three ladies with brightly smiling eyes and hums in the phone call.

[ Translation : "Tell Karu that he is fine and that Big brother is also with me. We are going to pick Krish up. This will be safe." ]

* * *

Meanwhile in Sikkim . . .

At Kavya's House 🏡 :

Kavya's father was pacing around here and there in front of the sofa while her mother was sitting on the sofa with a restless heart and meanwhile Kavya was fiddling her fingers in worry while sitting on a single seater. The door bell rings making the three heads turn at the door. Kavya gets up jumping to open the door without any delay. Just as she opens the door, she finds Krish and Ayaan standing there with Uncle Jonathan and few police officers. Kavya takes a relief breath with her parents and hugs her brother tightly who hugs her back caressing her back and says, "Relax. I'm fine."

Kavya asks Ayaan as she breaks the hug and hugs her friend, "Are you okay?" Ayaan nods hugging her back saying, "I am. Don't worry."

They come in and Kavya's father hugs Krish saying, "Thank God, you are fine!"

Krish smiles breaking the hug and moves forward to Kavya's mother who hugs him tightly with tears and whispers, "I was so scared. . . ."

Krish smiles patting her head lightly and says, "Don't worry, Maa. I'm fine."

The mother breaks the hug and says caressing his head with a smile while Krish wipes her tears smiling softly at his mother, "Thank God my baby boy is safe and sound."

Jonathan calls, "Jagdish!" Kavya's father looks at Jonathan who nods at him. Jagdish nods back and says turning to his wife, "Kanika!"

Kanika nods in understanding and says to the kids who were confused, "Kids! You wait in Krish's room until I prepare the snacks for you." The kids nod and obey the mother while the elders sit in the living room to discuss something with few officers while Kanika closes the door as her husband gestures them to sit.

*

The siblings sit in Krish's room on his bed and Ayaan was going to say something when Kanika comes in and says, "I talked to your Mom already, Ayaan. Dear, you are staying here tonight. Now you wait, I'll bring some snacks for you kids." Kavya's mother goes for the kitchen to bring snacks leaving Ayaan puzzled.

Ayaan looks at the siblings and asks Krish, "Now, will you tell me what's going on here? And why the hell were they running after us?!" Ayaan asks with confusion.

"You will know soon." They all turn to the door only to find Kanika coming towards them with a tray full of snacks. She puts down the tray on a wooden table while the teenagers exchange looks. Then the mother turns to look at the three teenagers and says, "Wait for a while. Let me serve them snacks. Then I'll tell you everything." The trio looks at each other and then at the mother who leaves for the kitchen.

Ayaan sighs shaking his head and sits on the study table. He looks up at the siblings and asks, "Atleast tell me who these people were? I know you have some idea."

Kavya and Krish exchange looks as Ayaan observes the duo. Kavya nods at her brother who sighs. He looks at his friend and says, "Kavya's parents are not my real parents."

💥 💥 💥 BOOM 💥 💥 💥

Krish drops the bomb only to make Ayaan stare at him dumbly. "Stop making suspense! Just tell him everything!" Kavya says frowning at her brother.

"I can't. You do it." Krish says taking his tea cup.

Ayaan looks at Kavya who presses her lips in a thin line at his words. She turns to their friend and says, "Okay, this is a bit complicated but hear me out."

* * *

M

eanwhile in the Story Town. . .

At Vihaan's House 🏡 :

After dinner they all sit together in the living room. The mother figures were in Karuna's room chatting among themselves. Nikita already slept in Shreya and Gia's shared room with Arika as the duo was so tired due to their school. Arushi also left early when Nakul came to pick her up by himself to their surprise.

They were watching their family photo album together on the big TV screen, laughing and teasing each other. Nishi was making fun of Rajveer seeing a photo of him and says, "Your hair look like a चिड़िया का घोंसला!"

[ Translation : चिड़िया का घोंसला – Bird's Nest ]

They laugh making Rajveer scrunch his nose at them in irritation.

"Not my fault, okay! Vineet Uncle took our pic without letting us know and we were fighting at that time to decide which game we should play. And your brothers and Avinash were the culprit for my ghosla like hair." Rajveer says folding his hands.

Next pic comes and makes them all snicker at it. Vihaan was playing Ludo with Nikita in the picture and Tej was glaring at him with a bat in hand. Nishi was confused and asks, "Who is that?"

"That's Tej Bhai!" Shreya says chuckling.

"Why is he becoming angry young boy?" She asks gulping water from her water bottle.

"He wanted to play cricket and we were ready to go but then Nikki came and said with her sad eyes that she wants to play Ludo. That's it! Her sad eyes were enough to make Vihu dance on her tiny baby fingers. And he started playing with her while Tej was holding a bat in his hand ready to leave but he glared at him angrily for changing the plan in a second." Mrityunjay says laughing.

"You know Nish, in childhood, Tej used to be jealous of Vihaan and Nikki because these two used to be in their own world which used to make him sulk." Nishant says laughing.

"Hey! Not my fault! She used to play with him only and hardly would play with me which would make me angry." Tej defends.

"You used to get jealous of her when Vihaan would choose to play with her instead of playing with you." Avinash says earning a laugh from Tej while nodding.

"True! He was a jealous princess in the childhood." Vihaan says high fiving with Manav while laughing loudly and Tej hits them both playfully hard.

Nishi laughs hearing this and says, "बेचारी सोचती होगी कभी-कभी, ये दोनों खेलने के लिए free ही बैठे रहते हैं!"

[ Translation : "Poor girl must be thinking that sometimes, these two are just sitting around free to play!" ]

"She actually used to say this, you know!" Anshuman says smiling like a kid.

"Really?!" Nishi asks.

"हाँ! She used to say this to Raj bhai in her baby voice whenever he would ask her to play with him, "भैया! आप कोई काम डंडा क्यूँ नयी कल लेते?" And his face was worth watching." Gia says laughing making them all laugh.

[ Translation : "Brother! Why don't you do some work?"  ]

Kabir chuckles hearing that while Ariv and Rohan laugh remembering that when Nikita actually said that. The trio of officers went to Abhishek's office after finishing their jobs but they found out that he left to meet a client for a last minute paper work before the last Hearing in the Court this coming Monday. With another failed attempt, they came back to drop Anshuman's family back at their home safely. Anshuman updated them with what happened when they were not here. Rohan was not happy hearing that Nishi took the elders side but he could not deny the fact that none of them has ever been in the elders shoes. Kabir was still trying to figure out what to do about Abhishek. He had an idea to talk to him soon due to an upcoming professional's party. They still had some time before leaving, so thought to chill.

Nishi laughs and says, "Oh God! She is a cutie!"

Shreya and Anshuman were looking at her thinking how her childhood must have been, how she used to talk in her baby voice. A soft smile comes on their lips thinking about it.

"Who is he?" Nishi asks as she sees a group picture of their highschool. A young boy was in the picture whom she has seen for the first time in the album. Vihaan's face falls, Tej's smile vanishes seeing the picture. They all look at each other not saying a word while the two brothers and their friends go on silent mode.

"Bhai! Who is he?" She asks again looking at Vihaan. "Your ex?! Young man, it's okay, you could have told me you are a gay. But then why did you chose Avni?" Nishi asks faking that she is thinking deeply. She was just trying to change the environment. It was easy to catch the odd environment.

Vihaan doesn't say a word and leaves for his room locking the door behind. Tej also leaves for the garden followed by Mrityunjay and Manav.

Nishi looks at the group for an answer. Even Manav and Mrityunjay looked kind of in bad moods seeing the picture.

"He is Ishaan Verma. We used to be very close friends . . . .since school days. . . . ." Rajveer says lowly. "सब ठीक चल रहा था but one day we all were playing together in a playground near Mrityunjay's house. Some people came and started beating him out of nowhere. We tried to talk to them but they were just beating him. He fainted and they left warning us to tell him to not to borrow money from them if he can't return it. Nikki was also with us at that time but thankfully Abhishek and Manav hid her well behind them." Rajveer says further after a pause.

"But when we took him to the hospital and asked him what exactly happened. He said he has no idea who were they. We let it go because they didn't come again. But it happened again and this time they kidnapped little Nikki and asked Ishaan to give their money back to them or they will kill her." Shreya chokes on her tears as Nishant says making Gia look at her.

"This time we all were panicking for Nikki. Tej Bhaiya and Vihu Bhaiya were angry at Ishaan Bhai."  We were asking him again and again but he said he has no idea what they are talking about. Somehow पुलिस की help से Nikki को तो बचा लिया but Ishaan bhai और इन सबकी दोस्ती हमेशा के लिए ख़तम हो गई।" Anshuman tells them as Rohan, Kabir and Ariv exchange looks.

[ Translation : "Somehow Nikki was saved with the help of the police but the friendship between Ishaan bhai and them ended forever." ]

"And then one day Ish left without a word. He said many times that he has no idea who they were. But Tej said that Nikki could have gotten killed because of him. He could have helped but he chose to stay quiet. He didn't utter a word after that and left quietly." Nishant says playing with his thumbs. 

"वो कहाँ गया? क्यूँ गया? No one knows. Tej and all of them hate to even hear his name because he never tried even for once to tell us what was the problem and because of him, we almost lost Nikki. And his silent departure worked like salt on our wound." Rajveer finishes and Avinash who was silent all this while says last thing to warn her, "Don't take his name in front of them. They will be mad. . . .for real." He warns her and leaves with Nishant and Rajveer to check upon their friends leaving a group with questions and some of them with emotional painful memories, Shreya.

"What about those goons who kidnapped her?" Ariv asks looking at Anshuman who replies, "They ran away before the police could reach out for them."

"What do you think, Shre Di?" Nishi asks finding her gloomy face.

"He didn't utter a word and he also left without a word which makes us doubt that he was hiding something. But he left without clarifying anything." Shreya says and Anshuman only looks at his sister's gloomy face because she felt very bad when their friendship broke which he understands well because he was also sad after that incident. He also knows how sad Varun was when he heard his Ish bhaiya left, how could he leave without meeting his favourite kid?

"Well, now that he left, there is nothing to talk about it." Gia says folding her hands with a blank face making Anshuman and Rohan give her a sad look because they both know her well that how much she was close to him once.

Nishi was in deep thoughts to Kabir's notice.

"What are you thinking?" Kabir asks.

"This story sounds so familiar. . . as if I heard it before." Nishi says thinking deeply.

"May be, Bhishma Uncle must have told you someday and you don't remember." Ariv says.

She shakes her head in denial and says, "Naah! I heard it somewhere for real. It feels so familiar. But I don't remember when and where. Chauhan never talked about anyone's personal stuff with me in the family. He didn't even tell me about Vihu Bhai dating a girl."

"Then where did you hear it?" Anshuman asks and she only shrugs.

"Why are you wasting your thoughts on someone who is never going to show his face?" Gia says rolling her eyes.

"Well, who knows he will come back?" Nishi comments after a few seconds of silence making them all look at her. "Anything can happen. I'm just saying. He may or he may never." She shruggs getting up.

They all go back to their houses except Nikita, Arika, Gia and Kirti. The night gets quite restless for the bunch of best friends and siblings as all the old memories get fresh like a wound while Nishi was confused by the story.

* * *

At Kavya's House 🏡 :

Kavya and Krish were looking at Ayaan trying not to laugh. Ayaan was bewildered after hearing the truth and was trying to gulp it down as he looks at the floor. Finally, he takes a deep breath and asks looking up at the siblings, "Fine! I get it that how you guys are step siblings and not real. But! Why were those men after us?" He asks Krish who shrugs.

"You will know soon." The teenagers look at the door finding Jagdish coming in with Jonathan and Kanika. "But right now, let me tell you, we are shifting to The Story Town." Jagdish states.

Jagdish's words make the siblings' hearts race and their eyes almost came out hearing that. "Ky-Ky-Kya matlab, 'We are shifting'?" Kavya asks looking at the elders nervously and confusedly.

[ Translation : "Wh–Wh–What do you mean, 'We are shifting'?" ]

The elders exchange looks as the kids look at them and Jonathan says looking at Krish, "It's time to go home, Krish."

* * *

Somewhere in The Story Town :

"Guys! Trust me I don't know what's happening! मुझे नहीं मालूम वो लोग कौन थे और क्यूँ झूठ बोल रहे थे?!" A 16 years old school boy says with a concerned look, almost pleading his friends to believe him.

[ Translation : I don't know who those people were and why were they lying?!” ]

"Enough with your lies Ish! ENOUGH! If they are actually strangers then how come they know your name?!" A school going teenager asks angrily frowning.

"Mrityunjay! Atleast you believe me, please! I really don't know how they know my name! मैं नहीं जानता उन्हें! Please, trust me guys!" The teenager pleads again.

[ Translation : "I don't know them! "]

"Leave. . ." The pleading teenager looks at his teenager friend and whispers as if he can't believe his friend is not ready to listen to his single word, "Vihu. . ."

Vihaan looks at him angrily with red eyes and says, "Leave before I do something, I should not. .LEAVE!" The teenager flinches back at the harsh tone of his friend and stares at him dumbly. Manav and Avinash stop Vihaan from almost pouncing on the teenager.

"If a single scratch came to my sister, mark my words Ishaan, I will never forgive you!" An angry teenage brother, Tej says as Abhishek and Nishant hold his arms to stop him from doing anything stupid and the young boy leaves quietly staring at Tej and his friends blankly.

A young man around, gets up breathing heavily. A girl opens the door of his room wide open with concern and comes hastily near his bed. She puts a hand on his shoulder and asks gently, "Bhai, are you okay?" He doesn't reply but was only panting. She asks him a bit more gently, "The same nightmare?"

He freezes at her words and nods hesitantly. "It's okay." She says gently caressing his back and hands him a glass of water which was on the side table of his bed. He drinks the water as she rubs his back lightly and he calms down. He hands the glass of water back to her and she asks, "Are you okay?" He nods slightly and gets up and walks to the balcony.

"Bhaiya, do you really think it's a good idea to stay here in The Story Town? We can still leave." He stays silent at her words. "Bhai, you don't have to do this to yourself. Baba is not here anymore, who are we here for?" The girl asks gently.

"It's late. Go and sleep." He orders as he leans on the railing looking at the dark bluish sky as painful memories rush back to him.

"Ever since we shifted to this town, you are getting these nightmares back. I don't think it's a good idea to live in the same town as them, bhai. It will not change anything but will only worsen your state." The girl says trying to convince her brother.

"Kaira, go back to sleep! Please!" He says turning his head on his right side a bit irritated.

"I don't understand why we came back here! For reunion?!" She says frowning angrily and storms out of his room.

"They didn't trust you enough it's their fault but you didn't try your best it's your fault." He looks at the moon and says determinedly, "I can deal with this." Then his eyes soften as he says looking at the moon, "I hope you are doing good. If only I would have asked you how you are doing. . . ." He sighs and goes back to his bed to try to sleep again.

* * *

At Avinash's House 🏡 :

Abhishek was sitting in his study room staring at a picture of a smiling Kaira in his hands which he took when they played Holi with their friends during college days. He sighs, puts the picture back in his book and hugs it leaning back on his chair. He closes his eyes and only sees her smiling blushing face and says, "Do you think it's easy for me to see you after this long and not to smile at you?" The memories of their bumping into each other many times comes into his view and he smiles saying, "You are still the same, my clumsy girl." Then his face falls as he takes out her picture again and whispers caressing her eyes, "I miss you. . . "

*End of the chapter.*

Author :

How was the chapter?
How was your Diwali?

Thanks for reading!
Smile please!
❤️:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 124K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. šŸ”„** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
23.8K 2.1K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
3.8K 284 12
Four life's four people.... Two dead but other two's life used to revolve around them . What will happen when they will get to know how the one's who...
8.5K 484 42
JAY : Being a single dad is most responsible Plus hectic task. But at the same time it's really a beautiful and Amazing feeling in the world, Seeing...