[2] Darkest Hour • The Origin...

By kolmikaelson-

Matthias Mikaelson is the original tribrid, feared alongside his twin brother Klaus Mikaelson, the original h... More

CAST
prelude.
act one.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
note.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
act two.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
epilogue.
weddings!

xii.

3.3K 73 3
By kolmikaelson-

chapter twelve.

Katherine caught up to Hayley and Ansel before pulling out her phone to dial Marcel's number. The vampire answered on the second ring, making Katherine smile softly to herself because she knew that he worried.

"Are you okay?" He asked her immediately.

Katherine let out a small laugh, "I'm fine Marcel."

"Do you have your alpha?" He asked her.

Katherine looked at Hayley and Ansel, prompting Hayley to speak into the phone that was on speaker. "He's out of commission, but I got the next best thing. I'm assuming you have a plan to keep Finn occupied?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Marcel agreed and fell silent. "Yeah, I think I might have an idea." With that he hung up and Katherine pocketed her phone.

"So, you're telling me, I can't kill anyone?" Katherine asked while looking back at Ansel. "Because that's kind of mean."

Hayley rolled her eyes and Ansel glared at her. "No wolf is meant to die today."

"Fine." Katherine huffed before they continued on their path.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Finally arriving at the cemetery where they knew the witches loved to hide, they slowly walked through the fog covered paths. Making it to the lycée, Katherine feels her heart sink at the sight of a chained-up Oliver who's being suspended by his wrists in the greenhouse.

"Ollie." Katherine almost gagged at how beaten he was.

"Ollie." Hayley called out to him. "Ollie, wake up." She told him as they walked up to him.

"The hell are you doing?" Oliver asked them weakly. "I told you not to worry about me." He shot at Katherine. "And who the hell is that?"

Katherine shrugged and ripped the chains from the walls. "No time to talk, we're getting you out of here."

"Please tell me you know where Elijah and Matthias are?" Hayley asked him and Oliver weakly shook his head as she held him up

Katherine ignored the disappointment in her gut, Klaus promised her that he would bring them home and she trusted him.

Ansel then looked out a window, "They know we're here."

With their heightened hearing, they listened in to hear the approaching wolves. With a nod, Katherine helped Hayley lift Oliver as they rushed to get him out.

Oliver needed a moment though, he was resting against the table trying to regain some strength. "Just leave me here. Go!" He demanded them.

"No." Katherine told him sharply. "The last time you told me to leave you, this happened." She told him with a look of guilt in her eyes. "We're not leaving without you."

"They want a fight, I'll give them a fight." Hayley told him just as angry as Katherine.

"No." Ansel denied as he approached them. "I came with you to save one of my own, not watch as you kill scores of them." Hayley and Katherine rolled their eyes. "Take your friend out the back, move as fast as you can. I'll hold them off here."

Hayley sighed before nodding at Katherine and the two grabbed Oliver before rushing out the back. Katherine can hear Ansel fighting with the wolves and apart of her wanted to worry, but there was something about that man that was familiar.

Hiding behind a crypt so that Oliver can have a moment, Katherine cursed when she caught sight of Aiden and a group of wolves coming.

"Come on out!" Aiden shouted. "We know you're here."

Katherine shot Oliver a pointed look before she and Hayley walked out from where they were hiding. Katherine didn't like the odds against them, especially with those rings, there was a part of her that wanted to run because that's what she's always done, but this time was different. She's allowed these people in and she would never forgive herself for leaving them.

Maybe she has truly changed.

"Why don't you just let us go and we can call it a day?" Hayley tried while giving Aiden a look.

Aiden looked torn before speaking. "No, I don't think so."

"Then we do this the hard way." Hayley sighed.

"And it'll be bloody." Katherine promised while vamping out.

Suddenly Oliver staggered out and said. "You idiots. You're lining up to fight a hybrid and a vampire twice your age?" Katherine wanted to be offended but bit her tongue. "For what? So you can kill me? All because some witch gave an order? I know I ain't innocent, but I never lost sight of what I was fighting for! We were gonna be a pack! But now?" He stepped forward, making Katherine antsy. "We're turning on each other! Killing your own people. We do that, we're nothing." He said with a shake of his head.

Katherine was prepared for a fight, but when Aiden moved and the wolves followed, they were relieved. Hayley nodded at Katherine, and they rushed to get Oliver out of there and back to Jackson's.

Elsewhere in the cemetery, Klaus arrived in hopes of finding Matthias and Elijah.

"You." Klaus' eyes widened when they landed on Ansel after he saved him.

"Niklaus?" Ansel was stunned as he looked at his son.

Klaus began to panic, "No, no. You're not real."

"Niklaus." Ansel tried again, lowering his sword.

"NO!" Klaus shouted, making Ansel stop. "You're a phantom, conjured by Esther, that is all that you are." He walked past Ansel. "Mother!" He shouted. "Stop this charade! I know that thing is not real!"

"Look at me, Niklaus." Ansel all but demanded and Klaus slowly turned to do so. "I am flesh and blood. Your flesh and blood."

"You've been dead a thousand years." Klaus told him while approaching him but still keeping the distance.

"And through that time, I lingered on the Other Side." He confessed. "Watching you and Matthias let the world fall apart until I woke, four moons past, in the land of wolves like myself."

"No. No!" Klaus denied, his eyes watery from unshed tears. "No, you're just in my head. You're an illusion, meant by my mother to sway me to accept her bargain." He tried to justify what was happening.

"I do not speak for Esther." Ansel told him. "I know nothing of her bargains." Ansel started walked forward. "But you are my son."

Ansel raised his hand to caress Klaus' face when suddenly a weak looking Matthias appeared in front of him and snarled at Ansel while holding his wrist. His eyes were glowing, and Klaus' eyes widened at the sight of his twin looking so feral. Matthias knew who this was, he recalled the day that he and Niklaus found him dead, but he could feel Klaus' fear and uncertainty and it snapped him free of whatever hold Esther attempted to hold him in.

"You are not our father." Matthias growled at him. "We do not have one."

Hearing his voice again made Klaus feel better as he looked at Ansel. "Even if what you say is real, you are nothing to me, to us. For all I care, you can crawl back to hell."

With that, Klaus took Matthias with him as they flashed away, leaving behind a hurt Ansel.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Katherine and Hayley were at Jackson's place, the two were cleaning Oliver up.

"Well, you got him. Great. Where's Ansel?" Jackson asked the two.

"Thank you." Katherine snapped at him. "Yes, we're okay, thank you so much for asking!"

"He was busy being a man." Hayley snapped at him as well. "He should be right behind us."

"Jack, I have to tell you..." Oliver tried.

Jackson interrupted him, "I already know, Ollie, you sold me out to Francesca."

"Look, I know that I can't make up for that. But you need to hear this." Jackson looked away and finished his drink before setting in down. "You're the one." Oliver struggled to stand, and Jackson stood as well, grabbing a staff for defense. "You're the alpha. Our people are not meant to be slaves." He told him while approaching him. "You can free them."

Suddenly, Oliver started to cough and fell to his knees.

"Ollie!" Katherine gasped as she rushed to his side.

"Ollie? Ollie?" Jackson called out to him while he kept coughing. "What's wrong with him?" He asked while kneeling beside him.

"It's the witches." Hayley said while looking shocked as it made sense. "They said he only had until midnight."

"No, no, no." Katherine shook her head, her eyes tearing up. "We saved him though!" Katherine had his head in her lap as he was bleeding from the inside out. "I can" Katherine sniffled. "I can save you." She told him and went to bite into her wrist, but he shook his head at her.

"Stay with me!" Jackson shouted at him when he went limp.

"Jack." Oliver tried to speak but he was only choking on his blood.

Katherine and Jackson watched horrified as Oliver started to bleed from his eyes before blood fell from his nose as well. Katherine can't help but let out a choked sob, they were friends before he betrayed them, and she knew firsthand how hard it was to redeem yourself after fucking up. They bonded over that, he was her friend.

"No, no." Katherine cried as she rocked him. "You can't be dead." She pleaded. "Ollie, please."

Hayley rushed to Katherine's aid and held her in her arms. Katherine wasn't usually an emotional person, but Hayley knew that with Matthias and Elijah being held by their mother had her emotions going haywire. Her emotions were heightened, and Hayley knew that once they were in order, she would be okay.

However, as Katherine was sobbing, Hayley was afraid about if that was true or not.

alright, so i showed a more vulnerable side of Katherine.

as a vampire your emotions are heightened, and Katherine is worried about Matthias and Elijah. Katherine has always been level-headed, even in TVD she made sure to keep her facade up but with Elijah, Matthias, and Klaus, she's always been free with her emotions.

so she's worried and in turn, she's being very open with her emotions until she knows they're okay.

this is just my story, and if you don't like how I write out Katherine or anyone, then idk what to tell you.

till next time.
all the love!

- m a r i e

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.4K 25
Astrid Mikaelson the original Tribrid or Hela Mikaelson is what everyone whispered in the streets out of fear of her hearing them. She was the only...
256K 7.2K 59
Matthias Mikaelson was a faceless man in the Mikaelson family, no one had ever seen his face aside from family and his best friend Katherine Pierce...
8K 234 11
-𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝘖𝘙 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢�...
150K 2.2K 25
Faith Mikaelson, twin of Hope Mikaelson, shares the tribid nature and the powers with her sister. However she has always felt like the forgotten abou...