Silent Pages (sequel to Every...

By among-thestars

Rowyn, Remi's daughter, has found herself in a bind when an exchange student transfers and she is his guide a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Update 😭
UPDATE

Chapter 4

4 0 0
By among-thestars

It's now Saturday and the warm water from my shower head is pouring down my body as I grab some soap and work it through my hair.

I woke up this morning with Noah completely gone, I guessed he had probably just went home early. I didn't question it because I knew he probably wanted to go check on his family, at least I hope.

We had cuddled all night and it was kind of nice I will admit, but I know I can't like him because he's my brother best friend, he'd get pissed if I did.

I turned the water off and opened the glass shower door to grab my towel feeling a cold rush of air cover my body. Water dripped from my hair onto my floor, I went to my mirror which was all fogged up from the blazing water. I took my hand towel and wiped a small area to see myself.

My phone was sat on the counter, I had texted noah asking when he left.

Noah
Today 9:45 AM

Hey what time did you
sneak out?
Read 9:52 AM

Read. How nice of him.

I put my phone back down on the counter and grabbed my hair products from one of my drawers and ran it through my thick blonde hair.

When I finished with my hair and stuff I went to my closet to pick out some sweat pants, along with a hoodie. I didn't feel like doing much today since it was a Saturday and I had no plans, nor could I really go out since most places had been on lockdown because of the heavy rain fall and wind last night.

I got changed then went to grab my backpack from downstairs, I opened my door and saw Raedyn and Maddie cuddling in his room watching a movie, must be nice. I paused and took in the sight before I ran back down the stairs to grab my backpack and ran back upstairs with it shutting my door behind me.

I sat down at my desk and pulled my school issued laptop out, entering in my password and I started working on any of the homework I had left from the beginning of school.

~

It had been three hours of me wrapped up in on of my blankets sitting at my desk working on all of my homework. I was bored, like big time bored. I had no one to hang out with, Alana was on vacation with her aunt and uncle in Montana, Maddie was with my brother, the others girls in my group I wasn't close with, and Noah was ignoring me.

With nothing to do I went into my closet to go through a box of my moms things she had given me over the years, even though I knew I would regret looking through it I always loved looking at photos of how happy she was.

I turned on my closet light and walked in reaching up tall to grab the white shoe box from the top of my closet. I pulled it down, set it on the floor, and sat down to start going through it for the thousandth time.

I pulled out ten photos my mom and dad had took over the years, the first four were really cute ones of my parents. They were so happy, I miss seeing my dad as happy as he was then.

The next three were of me and my mom at the beach on my 14th birthday, I had wanted all of my friends to come over and have a blast with me swimming. My mom and dad had this elaborate plan to scare us all though.

~Flashback~

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Rowyn...happy birthday to you!!" All of my friends cheered and sang as I blew my candles out on my birthday cake.

"Ok guys! Let's go swimming!" I suggested to my friends and they were all so excited.

We took off charging towards the water, "Be careful girls!" My mom yelled out behind us, "We will mom!!" I yelled back, she stood there in her white long summer dress and her sun hat. She was smiling at how grown up her daughter was and that both her twins are actually teenagers now.

Raedyn didn't want to celebrate his birthday with me and my friends because he knew Maddie has a big crush on him. He really liked her too but he didn't want to admit it.

Our feet splashed in the water managing to splash each other in the process.

We got about waist high in the ocean and we were swimming around splashing each other again when my friend yelled out, "SHARK!!"

We all took off running towards the shore, and once we reached the sand my mom came up behind me as we looked out towards the water to see my dad coming up with a shark fin helmet on, my mom pinched my waist gently and said, "RAWR!!"

We all turned sharp and screamed, then we soon busted out laughing and we were terrified of going back in, even though we knew it was just my dad.

~End of flashback~

My eyes started to get teary as I thought back on the memory, that was my last birthday with her. She had died a week later because she wanted to take me on a spa day to celebrate, but we were hit by a stupid drunk driver.

My birthday is in a month, April 3rd. Also the two year anniversary of my moms passing.

I always hate that month, it reminded me of the darkest time in my life. I couldn't keep looking through the box, so I shoved everything back in, stood up, and put it away.

I turned my light off and shut my closet door running to lay in my blankets, I grabbed my phone and texted Noah.

He instantly read my text.

Noah
Today 5:14 PM

Did I do something?
Read 5:14 PM

He didn't respond which worried me, I don't know why he's ignoring me. I turned my phone off completely and placed it on my night stand grabbing my tv remote to watch Netflix. I didn't know what I had wanted to watch since I had finished most of my shows, but I settled on After.

~

I had fell asleep watching After and woke up with still no text from Noah. I was starting to get more and more nervous, I decided to text him again.

Noah
Today 11:23 AM

Noah I seriously don't
know what I did. Please
answer me.
Read 11:30 AM

Ugh! Another read receipt! Why is he doing this?! Raedyn walked into my room a few minutes after I threw my phone into my blankets out of frustration, "Hey Noah says to stop texting him."

I was shocked he went to the lengths of telling my brother to tell me to stop, "What'd I even do?!" I quietly shouted.

"Hey don't get mad I'm just the messenger, and he won't tell me."

He left my room before I could say anymore, I threw my head into my pillows and layed down. Stupid, stupid boys!

~

I had spent the next hours on the beach sun tanning, trying to take my mind off of things.

The dance was in three days and I didn't have a date, Noah wouldn't answer me and I wanted to ask him to go with me as a friend, but we all know how that's going. So I texted the only guy I thought I might have a chance with at going to the dance with me.

Sawyer
Today 2:36 PM

Hey Sawyer! I have
a question, so yk how the
dance is in like three days?

Hey Rowyn! Yeah...
what about it??

Wanna go with me?
It can be as friends! :)

Sure I'd love that :)

Ok perfect! Tysm

Yeah yeah ofc

:)

:)

Well that's settled, I put my hoodie back on over my swimsuit and put my phone and AirPods in my pocket to head back inside. I went strait up to my room and turned on the water in my tub to get a warm bath.
_____________________________________
Word count: 1385

Sry for skipping time a lot! But I'm trying find ideas to plot this so if you have any ideas comment them! :)

Xoxo - M 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 6.2K 31
Life is hard but Audrey's life is harder. She had a rough life back in her old school and she's willing to move to a new and better school but little...
90.3K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
152 38 11
We have a past, a present, and a future. The same people aren't always going to be in all three parts. Unless somehow, they are? Phoenix grew up aro...
70.5K 5.6K 18
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...