In the Name of Hope {KomaHina}

By Renaenaechan

A mystery that must unfold, before "despair" strikes again. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
NEW STORY COVER~
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
New drawing~
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Story related aRt
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapters 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 24

430 15 33
By Renaenaechan

 ______________________________________          
             ⚠️Mentions of Suicide⚠️
_______________________________________

         "You are needed, Nagito. When the three of us would hang out; And you fell asleep, Hajime would talk a lot about you...He really does love you." She said. I snap out of it, blushing slightly. "When I first met Hajime, he didn’t have the same drive and determination...His mind always seemed so heavy. I always tried to help him as much as I could...But there was always something else on his mind, whenever I would try and distract him."

          That is true. Hajime-Kun always had his head in the clouds. Always seems like something was on his mind. "But then, after when we all hung out that night; The night when I took that photo with the two of you. He suddenly changed. He seemed more motivated, less stressed...More happy." I sat there, listening to every word Nanami-Chan was saying.

          "Nagito. You're the reason why Hajime is in this position right now. Not saying that he wouldn't be able to do it on his own...But, you were the one who gave him that motivation, that-"

          "Hope..." I interrupted. Nanami-Chan looked at me, than smiled.

           "Yep. And, I can see some improvements with your character as well." I tilt my head in confusion, as I start to chuckle.

           "Tehehe, improvements? That's a funny joke, Nanami-Chan~" I said, with a wide smile.

           She sighs...

           "If only you could see yourself the way Hajime and I see you, Nagito. I know old habits die hard...But, I can tell that you're slowly trying to break free from it." She then smiled again, brightly.

          "Hajime is very proud of you."

          My eyes widen, as my entire face turned bright red. 'Hajime-kun...Said that? He's proud of me?' I began to tug at the red drawstrings on my green jacket.

          "Hey, Nanami-Chan?..."

          "Hm?"

          "Thanks for telling me that." I said. And I really meant it. I don't necessarily want to hurt Nanami-Chan, but...When it comes to my beloved Hajime-Kun...Anyone that tries to disrupt his Hope...Will be dead on the spot.

           "No problem." She chuckled.

           We sat there in silence for a moment, my face still a bit red. I glance up, looking at Hajime-Kun once more. He was talking with an officer. . .Everything about him was beautiful. His spiky hair, his eyes, the 547 freckles on his face...

          I felt myself drifting again, as the drool escaped my mouth...Those lips...My eyes slowly moved lower, as I eyed those curves of his.

          'Hah~ Hajime-kun~ Even just saying his name makes my heart leap; Especially being able to call him by his first name. It just rolls off the tongue, oh so delicately~"

          Hajime-Kun~

             Hajime-Kun~

                 Hajime~

                       Hajime...

          --

          I noticed Nagito staring quite intensely at me. Intrigued, I began to walk over to him. Once I got closer, Chiaki was the only one who noticed. Nagito seemed to be in his own little world again.

          I snap my fingers in front of his face, which didn't seem to work at first. I then snap a couple more times, till Nagito finally snapped out of it. "Hey, Nagito? You good?" I asked.

          He flinched when he noticed me, as his already blushing face deepen into a dark crimson red color.

          "H-Hajime-Kun!?" He said quite startled. "W-When did you get here?" He wiped his face, pulling over his hoodie over his head, and tugged on his red drawstrings, causing the hoodie to wrinkle. "H-How indecent...Such despair..." He said. I blinked a couple of times, before I finally cracked my first smile since we got here.

           "Oh Nagito, being dramatic as always." I sighed, placing my hand on the top of his head.

           "I know I said it would be dangerous...But, I'm glad you came along to help us get through this Nagito. Just...You being here, really does calm me down." I said, causing Nagito to slowly look up at me. I blush and looked away, scratching the back of my neck.

            "Cute.." Chiaki said, as steam released from her nostrils. I saw her begin to type something on her phone. "I'm planning to make a dating sim, and I was having trouble with ideas; So I've been using you two, and jotting down notes. You guys are a big help..." I raised an eyebrow.

            "I was also planning to make extras; Maybe one that involves a NSFW scene...So, if you guys have anything to share, I will gladly appreciate-"

            As she said that, I calmly grab the phone out of her hands. "You've lost your phone privileges, till you stop being a total pervert." I said, shoving her phone into my back pocket. She puffed out her cheeks in a huff, as Nagito chuckled next to her.

           I sigh, turning towards the house.

           ".  .  ."

           Kirigiri and Saihara should be arriving soon. I want to investigate...Just like Chiaki said, something just doesn't sit right.

           "Guys, I think I'm gonna head back up now."

            "Let me come up with you, Hajime-kun~" Nagito said, quickly standing up.

            "Well actually, you guys aren't allowed to be on the scene-"

             "At least until the others get here. Let us join you, Hajime-kun, please." Nagito said. I stare at the both of them. I sigh...Once again, Nagito just so easily changed my mind.

             "Okay, fine..But do not touch anything." The both of them nodded, and slowly followed behind me. Once we all reached the door, I froze...Nervous to open this door again.

             Nagito's hand intertwined with mine, as he looked at me with a soft smile. I then look over to Chiaki, as she smiled at me as well. Taking a big deep breath, I slowly walked back in.

              And there revealed the heart breaking despair. A despair that continuously felt like pins and needles aggressively poking at my chest.
              .
              .

              I look around the room. Everything seems to be neat and tidy; No signs of intrusion or...Anything. nThere has to be something..

              I turn towards Tsumiki's hanging corpse...This doesn't make sense...We just spoke yesterday...She seemed fine, nothing looked off about her, or her personality...

              "Nagito, your conversation with her, did go well yesterday morning, right?" I asked, Nagito nodded.

               "Mhm. After we spoke, I offered her some tea, then called her a cab home...She seemed quite joyful when she left." He placed his hand against his chin. "It was probably something underlying. If I remember, she has suffered a lot throughout her entire life. With the bullying, and her family...Losing her job probably hurt her the most." Nagito said.

               I look away from the two. This heavy feeling in my chest...I really thought I was ready when I came back up here...But I could only feel the second wave of sorrow, swallowing me whole.

              "I...If I knew. . .Maybe I could have..Helped her in a way? Maybe...And, maybe all of this would have been...Avoided somehow? Or...Or..." My babbling stopped, as I felt a hand touch my arm.

              "Hajime. You can't save everyone; You're not a super hero. What you can do in situations like these, is to be strong." Chiaki said, as she gave me a small smile. "Do you really think this was a suicide?" She looked me in the eyes; I could see the pure determination shining brightly through her pink orbes.

               ". . ."

               No. No, there has to be more to this...It may seem obvious; But there has to be something hidden in this case. I glance over to Nagito, from the corner of my eye. He was staring at me...With no emotion whatsoever.

                --

               Oh my darling Hajime-kun...Caring this much about the dead isn't gonna get you anywhere. There is no need to worry about these worthless people; They are only mere stepping stones...Just like me.

               I stare down at my engagement ring. . .I wonder if I was just being selfish for saying yes. I really wasn't expecting something like this to happen...I...I only expected to be a mere stepping stone. I want Hajime-kun...No...I need Hajime-kun...So knowing that I might spend my entire life with him, sends an excited shiver throughout my body and my worthless soul.

               An officer came up, telling us that the rest of the team has arrived. Hajime-kun acknowledged, and we all started back down the stairs, I follow slowly behind the two. Staring at Hajime-kun.

               "Hajime is very proud of you."

               I flash back to what Nanami-Chan said to me earlier...I smile. I'll try my absolute best and work on myself, Hajime-kun...I'll even work harder to get you where you need to be my love. We just have to wait a little while longer...

               As we all walked out the front door, Hajime-kun's subordinates were there waiting.

               "Hinata! We came as fast as we could." A shorter boy with dark blue hair said, frantically. Shuichi, Saihara; He must be the guy who called during Hajime-kun and I little date night. As I move my eyes, there was a woman...She must be Kirigiri, Kyoko. 

               She was staring at me...She probably suspects me somehow. Her eyes felt like it could peirce through even the thickest piece of object. I gave her a simple, polite smile.

               Finally, she teared her eyes away from mine. "Where's the body?" She asked, quite bluntly.

               "The second floor...In her bedroom..." Hajime-Kun answered. He looked to the floor, still quite shaken up. I could tell he was trying his very hardest to hide it; But I know Hajime-kun better than anyone else in this world, from the pretty obvious things, down to the last freckle on his handsome face.

                Hajime-kun then turned to us, as he dug into his pockets and spoke. "I'm gonna give you my car keys so you can drive to Chiaki's place, since it's closer and all." He said, as he threw over the car keys.

               "Are you sure? We could just walk over there; Her house isn't too far~" I suggested. Hajime-kun shook his head.

               "I rather you both be in a car than walk; It's safer that way." He responded.

               I agreed then smiled lovingly at him. "Okay. I shall pick you up when you're done then~"

              The two of us sadly parted ways, I sigh. 'So much for seeing Hajime-kun in action...How upsetting.'

              --

             I walked the crew up the stairs, then slowly opened the bedroom door...I've seen this for the third time today...And these same hurtful emotions keep flooding back.

             I can't understand...I was just speaking to her yesterday morning. She was there; Nothing about her seemed off...She was breathing, she was alive.

             So why?

             "A...Suicide..?" Saihara voice shook a bit. Both him and Kirigiri, stood there shocked.

             Could it really have been that?

             ". . ."

             "No."

             Both Kirigiri and Saihara looked at me, waiting for my follow up. Slowly, I looked at the both of them, taking a deep breath. "I don't want to label this case as a suicide...Till we thoroughly investigate this room..." I ball my hands into a tight fist.

             "I...I know I may seem like I'm in denial...Which I am. I just. . .I just can't wrap my head around all of this. We just spoke to her yesterday morning."

             "Tsumiki was our friends. So Hinata, if you think there is something off about this, then I am with you all the way." Saihara agreed. I smile a bit, then moved my eyes towards Kirigiri. She stood there with her eyes closed and arms crossed.

             There was a long awkward silence between the three of us, as both Saihara and I waited for her response. After a few more seconds, I opened my mouth to say something, But was then interrupted by Kirigiri.

              "Can I ask you something, Hinata?" She asked. Confused but curious, I nodded my head.

               "Just now, you mentioned you and someone else talked to Tsumiki yesterday morning." I nod my head again.

                 "She came over early in the morning yesterday to talk to the both of us about a certain matter that happened the other night. I was only able to talk to her for a bit, before I had to head to work. So Nagito brought her in, and they talked. Everything was resolved and forgiven." I inquired.

                ".  .  ." She stood in silence once more....

                "I think I may have a hunch."

                "...A hunch?" I repeated, tilting my head to the side, curiously.

                "We will have to throughly investigate the body, and bring it in for a detailed internal autopsy examination." Kirigiri elaborated. Saihara nodded in agreement.

                 I agreed too...But my only concern was the random questioning, and that silence. It's like she knows this was not what it seems...And who could have done it.

                Before I could say anything else, Kirigiri spoke. "There's a large chance that I won't be able to join you both during this investigation. I'll be leaving this to you two."

               "Oh, you're leaving? Why is that?" Saihara asked. I was quite curious myself.

               Kirigiri looked away from us, bringing a loose stran of hair behind her ear. "I'll let you know once I'm sure." She said vaguely. "I'll check back in, in a bit." She spoke, as she turned around, and walked out the room.

              "She really is a mystery." Saihara commented, as he began to walk deeper within the dreadful bedroom.

               What kind of business did she need to take care of...?

                .  .  .

               I didn't realize how long I was still in the corner of the room, thinking. "Hey uh, Hinata? we should start looking around for clues."

               "H-Huh! Oh, s-sorry." I said, snapping out of my train of thought. As I made my way deeper into the bedroom, I take another look at Tsumiki.

               I'm sorry...I'm so sorry this happened Tsumiki. I am gonna find out the truth; Find out the monster who did this to you. . .

              But...

              If it really is true that. . .

             I look towards the ground, performing another broken sigh. 'That...This really was self-inflicted. . .I'm sorry...

            ". . ."

            "Hey Saihara." 

             "Hm?"

             "Once we get all the clues and information needed...Let's bring her body down. . .I...I don't wanna wait for the Medical examiner to arrive..." Saihara stared at me for a couple more seconds, then nodded.

              I take another deep breath in..."Alright. . .Let's do this."

               ○•~{INVESTIGATE}~•○

               "Hey Hinata, when you met with Tsumiki yesterday morning, was she wearing the same outfit?" I place my hand on my chin, thinking.

               I thought long and hard. . .

               ...

               It took a while...But I finally remembered. For some reason, she was all dressed up like she was ready for a special occasion. But so early in the morning? "Actually, yes, this was the outfit she was wearing...But, I am not sure where she was heading afterwards."

               ". . ."

                "Hold on...Now that I think about it...The only places she went to, was my house, then hers." I said. Recalling back to what Nagito said to me before him and Chiaki left.

                 "Mhm. After we spoke, I offered her some tea, then called her a cab...She seemed quite joyful when she left."

                 "So in other means, Tsumiki went home after their chat...She even took a cab home, so she had to have made it home safely...Which would only mean,  that she really was killed while she was inside. . ." I stated. As I was talking, I noticed Saihara staring at Tsumiki's back.

                 I walk over to him, and inspect what he was looking at. "Something is bothering me...Look here." He point his finger, bringing my attention to the bluish-red spots on her back. "And here..." I followed his finger, that pointed to the back of her arms, calfs, thighs and heels.

                 "Do you see what they all have in common?" He asked, I nodded my head.

                 "All these spots are discolored..." I answered.

                 "Mhm. This...Usually happens when there was pressure placed on these areas, for long periods of time. During the last stages of death, blood will start to gravitate and pool to certain parts of the body." He observed.

                 "Livor Mortis..." I said. As Saihara explained...Something hit me, as my eyes lit up. I think Saihara noticed, and nodded.

                 "B-But...If Tsumiki died from hanging, wouldn't the blood pool to her fingers, toes, and earlobes?" My lips began to quiver in complete shock.

                 "Yeah...It would seem that, Tsumiki was killed in another way; Probably by something internally. And the killer tried to hide it by moving the body, and making it look like a suicide." He speculated. I took out my note book, and began scribbling down our findings...

                 °{Same Outfit, has been added to the truth bullet section of your notebook}°

                 °{Discolored spots found on the back, calf, thigh and heel, has been added to the truth bullet section of your notebook}°

                  ". . . ."

                  "You...Don't think it's that same killer right? With the T.H initials..." I trembled. Just the thought of that insane killer, killing another one of my friends...And by entering the place where you're supposed to feel the safest. . .That sent a cold unsettling shiver throughout my body.

                 All those times I would tell Nagito to stay home because it's 'Safer that way...' But in reality, it's not...It could even be worse than being outdoors. At least being outside...There is a chance of being heard, or seen.

                "I'm not sure myself...That killer always puts their signature after a murder, but I don't see any writing anywhere. As a matter of fact, this room looks way too clean for there to be any sort of struggle..."

                 "Then your theory has to be correct, Saihara. It had to be something internally. . ." I walk around the body, trying to find any hidden injuries.

                   "I...I guess we really do need to perform a internal examination..." Saihara said. I sigh, looking towards the floor.

                  " . . .Dammit...I..I was hoping we wouldn't have to..." I said disappointedly. To be honest, I was hoping we would figure out the cause without having to...Cut into her...

                 . . .

                'I promise...I promise I will find who did this to you and the rest. And bring back hope and justice to this city.'

                --

               I sigh...'I won't lie, hanging with Nanami-Chan isn't so bad, but...I rather be with my Hajime-kun. I wonder if he has already figured out the case~' I begin to blush, as I stare off into space. 'Aha~ I could just imagine that determined look on his face.'

              "Are you okay, Nagito?" A soft voice was heard to the right of me; It was Nanami-Chan. She walked into the living room with a console in her hand.

               "O-Oh yeah! I'm fine Nanami-Chan, no need to worry about someone like me~" I replied. She stood there for a moment, blinking. Then tilted her head to the side.

               "Are you thinking about Hajime again?" My body went stiff, as I blush some more.

               "I-I.  .  .Yes.." I chuckled.

               "If only Hajime didn't take my phone...I would have added that to my notes." She said, gently placing the console and controllers on the floor. "Would you like to play Mario Party? My switch broke from. . .This afternoon...So I have my game cube." She asked, beginning to hook up the console to the television.

                "Of course~ It actually does seem interesting doesn't it? I mean, the Ultimate Gamer verses The Ultimate Luck, in a game that relies on skills and luck!" I babbled. Nanami-Chan was looking around the floor trying to find something.

               "That does seem interesting. . ."

               "You looking for something?" I asked.

               "I think I'm missing a cord. It's been a while since I've played the game cube. It should be in my room...I think." She guessed.

                 "Tehehe, no need to worry Nanami-Chan, take your time. I'll unravel the controllers for you~" I said, picking up a controller. Nanami-Chan walked quickly to her bedroom.

                  .  .  .

                 As I waited for her to returned, my phone buzzed in my jacket, which was hung over the couch. At first, I thought it could've been Hajime-kun messaging me to pick him up, I hurriedly grabbed my phone.

               ...But instead, it was a notification from the hidden camera's I placed around the house. Was Hajime-kun home? But that's impossible...Who would be at our house at this time?

               I open the notification, and viewed the live footage.

               ".  .  ."

               "Huh.  .  ."
                .
                .

               "What an odd looking person..."
_______________________________________
End.

Fun Fact: When Nagito can't sleep, he will turn to Hajime, and count each freckle that is on his face. This helps him fall asleep.

Nagito: 545, 546 547, 548- Ah! Is that a new freckle I see Hajime? Tehehe~

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long :") life is getting busy right now.

Here is a photo I am currently drawing right now~ ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.5K 21
In which Nagito realizes he has a crush on Hajime because of something someone says in a groupchat he creates. Only some parts of the story will be i...
59K 2.5K 25
Hajime Hinata is on a class trip to Jabberwock Island with ultimate students at Hope's peak academy. Although he's with kids from school and would mo...
375K 12.7K 52
Shuichi Saihara wasn't fond of Kokichi Ouma at first, but a killing game trapped in a school with fifteen other people can change someone's mind. A l...
194K 8.6K 37
Death has come to collect its dues and so, Hajime Hinata dies. He gets transported to the Afterlife and is sentenced to Hell for his crimes as a Mafi...