The Light Of His Life

By katiehelmsway

What if Damon Salvatore was engaged when he was a human? Before he was turned into a vampire by Katherine Pie... More

Author's Note
ACT I
CAST
HISTORY REPEATING
THE TURNING POINT
BLOODLINES
UNPLEASANTVILLE
FOOL ME ONCE
FLASHBACK: SIF COMES TO MYSTIC FALLS
A FEW GOOD MEN
THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
UNDER CONTROL
MISS MYSTIC FALLS
BLOODLINES
ISOBEL
THE FOUNDER'S DAY
SEASON 2 CAST
THE RETURN
BRAND NEW WORLD

CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED

2.2K 52 26
By katiehelmsway

MYSTIC FALLS 1863

"So do you enjoy being a vampire?" Damon asked his girlfriend as they lay in bed. Sif answered with no hesitation, "Yes. I mean there are days where I wish I could be human again but I enjoy the vampire life, it's fun and exciting. Besides, I've witnessed the french revolution so it has its perks, I get to live forever."

Damon hummed, putting his head in the curve of her neck, "So you would say being a vampire has been good?" Sif furrowed her eyebrows and answered, "Yes, why?"

Damon hesitated, then sat up and said, "I want you to turn me." Sif laughed, "What? You wish to be a vampire?" Damon nodded firmly. Sif's laughter died when she saw, just how determined he was, "Damon, I won't turn you right now. Maybe sometime in the future, but not right now. Your father is literally trying to round the townspeople up to burn all vampires."

Damon argued, "I understand that, but I'm going to war in a week, what if I die there? And don't you think it would be beneficial for us if I had vampire privileges?" Sif responded, "Damon, it'd be incredibly foolish for a vampire to go to a war. The blood could easily make them lose control and even if I do turn you, there is no possible way that within a week, you would be able to learn how to control your urges in a war. And as for the chances of you dying, I can give you some of my blood and you can consume it before you go out in battlefield, so you can heal when injured and if you die, you can come back"

Damon nodded mutely, deciding that this was the closest he could get.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

The sunlight coming in the room woke Damon up from his dream. He stayed there, lying in bed, thinking of the plan he had to get the grimoire. He knew he obviously couldn't trust them fully with the plan so he would have to trick them into helping him till he gets the grimoire, after that he just needs a witch and then the tomb would be opened and Sif would be free.

He got up and got ready for the long day he knew he was gonna have. After getting dressed, he went up to Stefan's room where Elena had stayed the night. They were chatting when he entered the room and decided to make his presence known, "Rise and shine, sleepyheads."

Elena and Stefan both sat up, startled at Damon's presence at the end of Stefan's bed. Both of them pulled the sheets up to their chins, covering up any parts they might not want Damon to see. Damon smirked and said, "Oh, stop being smutty."

Stefan pulled the sheets further up and exclaimed, "Seriously, get out of here!" "If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." Damon said, referring to the time he slept with Katherine before Sif came, "Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss." Elena raised an eyebrow and said incredulously, "And it has to be right now?"

Damon replied immediately, "Well, we have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working toward a common goal." He got up from the bed and missed the looks exchanged between Elena and Stefan.

"So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spells. First things first-since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty." He explained. Elena questioned, "Since when am I helping?" Damon smirked and answered, "Well, Stefan's helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo.." he trailed off.

Stefan, being the caring boyfriend, reassured her that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to and Elena shook her head, going completely under the covers and told them she'll look for it later that day. Stefan asked, "How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really going to take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit."

Damon argued, "In lieu of any other options." Elena shot up and asked what a grimoire actually is and Damon answered, "It's a witch's cookbook." to which Stefan explained, "Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself, so every witch would document their work." Damon nodded, "Yeah. Cookbook."

Stefan then continued his string of questions, "What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever's out there knows who we are." And Damon agreed, "And I don't like that disadvantage, so Chop, chop. You know, I really like this whole menage a threesome team thing. It's got a bit of a kink to it. Don't screw it up." He said, while leaving the room.

He went a little far but stayed within hearing distance. He tried to get something suspicious but apparently they were also suspicious of him and didn't do anything that would raise red flags and just had morning sex. He turned his head in disgust and left.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

MYSTIC FALLS 1864

Sif woke up to Damon lightly kissing her neck working his way over and she turned just as he kissed her lips. She hummed against his lips, a sleepy grin stretching on her face as they broke apart. She opened her eyes to see Damon looking at her with radiant blue eyes and a lopsided smile. "Good morning," she whispered. He whispered a greeting back not wanting to destroy the peaceful moment.

She asked, "How are you this morning, fine sir?" He chuckled and dramatically whispered, "I must admit, I am a little agitated." She would have been concerned if not for the huge smile on Damon's face, betraying his tone. So she played along, "Well, what's troubling you?"

Damon sighed heavily and said, "I fear my fiancée has been abducted." At Sif's confused smile, he elaborated, "Because I am fairly certain that the woman I see in front of me is a heaven-sent angel." She blushed and laughed and they spent the entire morning in bed, celebrating their new engagement.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Katherine stood outside the older Salvatore brother's room, hearing them flirt and laugh. She was quite murderous and did not enjoy Sif following her to Mystic Falls and stealing one of her humans.

She was thinking of a plan to get rid of her nemesis when Emily Bennett came up to her and said, "Excuse me, Miss Katherine. Miss Pearl is here to see you." Katherine sighed and ordered, "I'll be down soon. Please ask her to wait. Thank you, Emily." Emily nodded and went back downstairs.

Katherine took a deep breath, going downstairs with revenge brewing.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Katherine was at the Apothecary conversing with Pearl.

Pearl pressed, "Have you thought any more of what I've said?" Katherine replied, "We'll leave soon, Pearl, I promise. I need to take care of a few things first."

Pearl looked at Katherine and realized, "You're going to turn both of them, aren't you?" Katherine looked at Pearl, mischievously, "The perfect revenge. She is quite firm on not wanting him to be a vampire, I wonder how she'll react when her pure, innocent Damon is the one thing she fears most for him," Pearl looked at Katherine pleadingly, "Katherine, you know how dangerous she is. Please don't do this."

Losing her temper, Katherine slammed the bottle of perfume she was holding on the table, startling everyone, "Why not? You think she deserves this happy engaged life. No! She destroyed my life, and I will do everything in my power to destroy hers too. She's probably compelling him anyway, he seems to know about us being vampires and being the fathers son he is, there is no way he would tell. When he is in transition, all her compulsions will break and he will be heartbroken by her betrayal, leaving her all alone, again."

Pearl seemed conflicted but then she caved, "Katherine, please. Just Be careful." Katherine sighed, "We'll all be safe, I promise."

She looked over Pearl's shoulder and saw Johnathan Gilbert entering, " Mr. Gilbert's coming. Quick, your cheeks," She pinched Pearl's cheeks, "Perfectly rosy." As Pearl and Jonathan left, Katherine turned towards Anna and said, "Your mother has an admirer."

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Outside in the yard, Giuseppe was walking with both his sons, conversing. "As descendants of the Founding Families, they'll want to know that they can count on you," he reminded.

Stefan agreed, "Of course they can. Is there any doubt?" Giuseppe admitted, "I'm not sure your brother Damon understands the importance of duty." Damon fisted his hands, digging in nails in his palm but before he could make a rude comment in anger, Stefan defended, "Damon left the Confederacy on principle. It was his choice and it should be respected."

Giuseppe apologized, "You'll forgive me if I have trouble respecting a deserter." Damon was quick to retort, "Well, I never asked for your respect." Giuseppe stopped and faced Damon, who halted in front of his father, and said, " Good for you, Damon. Because all I have is disappointment." He had heard his father call him a disappointment for years. Yet the words still stung. But his anger ruled at the moment and he was about to argue when Stefan felt the tension in the air and changed the topic, "You said the town is in trouble?"

Giuseppe turned his attention towards his younger son and informed, "There's been too many deaths. It is time for us to fight back and stop these killers." Stefan confusedly asked, "Killers? What are you talking about?"

Giuseppe grimly explained, "We live amongst demons." Damon, knowing exactly what he meant by demons, pressed, "You're being cryptic now, father. Why don't you just say the word?" Giuseppe revealed, "Vampires. They exist. And they live amongst us. But we have a plan to kill them. And you're going to help us."

Giuseppe looked at Stefan, who nodded, understandingly. Giuseppe then looked at Damon. Damon did not make a move to indicate what he's thinking. Damon already knew he would not help. He would tell Sif everything and escape town with her and Stefan before any problems begin. He would not lose her under any circumstances.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Damon had spent the entire day trying to get the journal. When he couldn't, as expected, he showed up at the gilbert house. Elena was unfortunately not there but her Aunt Jenna let him in.

It was almost time for dinner, so he offered to help her cook and she obviously did not want to do the work because she jumped at the idea of someone doing it for her. Damon was slicing a tomato and talking to Jenna, who sat on the counter with a glass of wine in hand. They were talking about their relationships.

Damon said, "My father never approved of anyone I dated, which only made me want them more. Of course. What about you?" Jenna sighed, "There were a few guys. Logan isn't the only loser I've dated."

Damon asked in fake concern, "They ever find him? Or is he still missing?" Jenna leaned forward and answered, "He's not missing. He's in the Bahamas working on his tan. Very entitled, that one. Marches to his own drum," She drained the remainder of her wine, "He's a Fell. They're all snooty."

Damon chuckled and walked over to Jenna, pouring more wine into her glass. She raised her glass to him and Damon turned back around to continue cooking. He called, "Hello, Elena." Jenna turned around right when Elena entered the kitchen. Elena seemed shocked to see Damon there.

Not noticing Elena's shocked look, Jenna spoke, "Hey. Where have you been? We're cooking dinner." Damon questioned, "Is Stefan with you?" Elena replied, "Um - he'll be here soon." She leaned against the counter on which Jenna was sitting and watched Damon cooking and acting normal with distaste. Damon ignored the stare and continued chopping the vegetables.

They made dinner chatting lightly and Damon placed some utensils on the table and headed back to the kitchen. Elena was carrying plates towards the table and Damon deliberately bumped into her.

Elena smiled in an annoyed way and shook her head as she continued past Damon to place the plates at the table, "Don't do that." Damon feigned ignorance and Elena said, "You know what. That move was deliberate." Damon replied, "Well, yeah, I was deliberately trying to get to the sink."

Elena looked back at Damon and scoffed. Damon moved towards the stove and stirred the boiling pot of water.

He continued smirking, "Speaking of Stefan, where is he? He's missing family night, which I am enjoying immensely." Elena walked back into the kitchen to gather more dinnerware, not replying. The sarcastic mood of the evening changed as he asked, "Is it real?" "Is what real?"

Damon explained, "This renewed sense of brotherhood. Can I trust him?" He took the spoon out of the pot and tasted the sauce as Elena boldly answered, "Yes, you can trust him."

Elena walked back to the table to place the napkins. Damon vamp-sped over to her. Elena turned around and looked up at him. He asked again, "Can I trust him?" Elena confidently replied, "I'm wearing vervain, Damon. It's not going to work."

Damon confusedly said, " I'm not compelling you. I just want you to answer me. Honestly." Elena hesitated but then answered normally, "Of course you can." She moved around Damon and back into the kitchen as Damon stayed there, having caught her lying

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

MYSTIC FALLS 1864

Giuseppe and Katherine were playing croquet in the garden. Katherine reassured, "You can trust me, Mr. Salvatore. I would never cheat." Katherine hit the ball with her mallet, knocking it through the bridge. Giuseppe sighed and Katherine giggled devilishly. Damon, Sif and Stefan approach the pair. Sif had her arm interlocked with Damon's.

Giuseppe turned to the three and exclaimed, "I'm losing over here. Again!" Giuseppe took his turn at the game and Katherine curtsied at the Salvatore brothers and Sif. Damon, Sif and Stefan stopped walking and observed the game.

Damon said in a bitter tone, "She's good. I almost believe she genuinely likes him." Stefan proposed, "Perhaps she does." Sif laughed at that and Damon scoffed, "She knows father would have her killed if he knew the truth."

Stefan shook his head lightly and replied, "Not if we talk to him; explain how we feel," He turned towards Sif and said, "He could help us keep you and her safe." Damon turned towards his brother and angrily exclaimed, "Have you gone mad? No, no, father would drive the stake in her himself!"

Stefan tried to persuade, "That's not true. We can trust him." Sif harshly grabbed Stefan's arm to make sure she had his attention and sharply said, "Mr. Salvatore, I am warning you. You shall not tell your father about anyone being vampires or it would not be good. For anyone." She left his arm and straightened her dress, holding her head high and reminded, "Besides, I don't want Katherine safe. You both know how I feel about her."

Stefan tried to argue weakly but Damon interfered, "No, no, we can't trust him with this. Please, promise me you won't tell him, Stefan." Damon gripped Stefan's shoulder. They looked over at her. Sif smiled smugly in her direction and Katherine watched them from across the garden, her smile faltering. Stefan, still a little hesitant, promised.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

"There was a time when I trusted him more than anyone." Damon told Elena as she picked up a bowl from the counter. Elena responded, "Trust breeds trust. You have to give it to get it." Damon looked offended as he said, "Are you lecturing me?"

Elena turned to him, placed her hand on her hip and asked, "Do you need to be lectured?" Damon stared at her for a moment before saying, " I just want her back. I'm sure you can understand that."

Elena slowly replied, "I can understand that you would do anything for her, yes." She walked past Damon and placed the bowl on the table. Damon threateningly made his next statement, close behind Elena's back, "Then you understand what I will do if anyone gets in my way."

He walked away, leaving Elena looking disturbed.

Later on, Damon and Jeremy were sitting in the family room playing a video game. Jeremy complained, "You said you never played this thing before." "I'm a fast learner. Quick reflexes." Damon boasted.

Jeremy's phone went off. He paused the game to take out his phone, but ignored the call, tossing his phone aside and unpausing the game. Damon questioned, "Who are you dodging?" Jeremy replied, "This girl Anna. She can be, uh, persistent." Damon asked if she was hot and Jeremy informed that she was, but she was weird too. Damon's response to that was, "Hot trumps weird, trust me."

Damon eavesdropped on Elena and Jenna's conversation with his vampire hearing. He could hear Jenna comment about how ridiculously hot he was, which of course boosted his ego and made him smirk. Elena shushed her aunt before commenting that he was an ass.

He rolled his eyes at that and stopped listening in, concentrating on the game. The doorbell rang and Damon quickly got up from the couch and walked over to the door when Elena said, "That's Stefan." Jeremy watched him go, agitated.

Elena opened the front door, Damon right behind her. Stefan looked at Damon, confused as to why he's at the house, then to Elena, who shrugged. When Stefan just stared at them, Damon urged, "Well?"

Stefan called them outside and informed them that the journal was gone by the time he reached school. Damon angrily asked, "Well, who took it?" Stefan just shrugged his shoulders and Damon accused, "You know what, it's that teacher. There's something really off about him." Stefan was quick to defend him, "No, he doesn't know anything. Somebody got to it right before me." Damon argued, "Who else knew it was there?"

He watched as Stefan's gaze turned towards the window to Jeremy. He looked over at Jeremy and walked inside the house, ignoring Elena's protests. Damon sat on the arm of the sofa to speak with Jeremy, "So I heard you found a really cool journal from back in the day. Who else did you show it to?"

When Jeremy absentmindedly questioned it, he impatiently said, "Don't ask questions, just spill." Jeremy chuckled, "You're kidding me, right?" Before he could lose his very thin patience, Elena cut in, "Jer, did you tell anyone other than Mr. Saltzman about Johnathan Gilbert's journal?"

Jeremy asked, "Why is everybody so obsessed with that thing?" Elena pressed, "Who else did you tell?" " Just that girl Anna." Jeremy responded, and Damon questioned, "The hot, weird one?" Jeremy nodded. Stefan, confused, asked, "Wait, who is Anna?"

Damon looked at his brother, "That's what I wanna find out." Elena's phone started ringing and Elena went off to answer it, leaving Damon to question Jeremy, "How do you know her?" Jeremy answered, "I just know her. She wants me to meet her at the Grill tonight."

Damon had a triumphant smile on his face and exclaimed, "Perfect! I'll drive. Come on." He said while getting up and going out of the house. Jeremy did as told, a little weirded out by the interest.

They drove to the grill and Jeremy met up with Anna. Damon sat at the bar, listening in on their weird banter. He saw Anna's face and looked away with an expression of recognition on his face. She was a vampire from when he was human.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

MYSTIC FALLS 1864

It's pouring rain. Sif and Damon ran under the porch roof of the Apothecary giggling. Anna and Emily were out on the front porch. Inside the shop, Pearl was speaking with Katherine. They heard the doorbell chime and turned to see the newly engaged couple, halting their conversation.

Sif smiled and said, "Pearl. I would like to have a conversation." Pearl nodded and asked what she needed. Sif asked about the news of the town's plan against vampires and Pearl informed, "The sheriff was here earlier. He bought large volumes of the vervain elixir."

Katherine questioned, "Did he try to put his hands on you again?" Pearl smiled, "Doesn't he always?" Katherine looked over at Sif and Damon and teased, "She's saving herself for Johnathan Gilbert."

Pearl smiled knowingly, " I'm beyond saving. We know that." The other two vampires chuckled softly and Damon looked at both of them, worried, "How can you be so calm? They're getting closer to you every day."

Sif told him, "We are the respectable ladies of Mystic Falls." And Katherine added, "Thanks to Emily, we walk the streets in daylight. No one will ever suspect us." Pearl looked at Damon suspiciously and commented, "Not unless a human tells them."

Sif's smile faltered and her grip on his arm tightened as he responded, "I'd sooner die." Katherine mocked, "I'm fairly certain soon enough you will." Acknowledging Sif's glare, she said, "Oh come on. If you both want to be together forever, you're going to have to turn him sometime. In fact, I'm quite curious when this sometime will come."

"That's our business, Miss Pierce," Sif coldly replied, mocking her name, "I thought you would be smart enough to know not to interfere." Katherine's smile faded as her expression turned murderous. Before the fight could escalate, the door opened and Annabelle entered the shop. They looked over at her and she informed them, "Mrs. Fell is approaching." Pearl walked over to her daughter and thanked her. Anna smiles and laughs gleefully.

Sif smiled softly and thanked Pearl for the update then taking her leave with her fiancé. They walked outside to the carriage and Damon wondered, "Don't you feel bad that they're all scared of you?" Sif answered, "No, why would I? I hold the power and they know it. It makes me quite proud and accomplished. I prefer them scared, they're not exactly an amusing lot."

Damon shook his head and Sif giggled as she pulled him for a kiss.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

After spying on Jeremy and Anna a little, Damon followed Anna out of the bar as she went to a motel. Anna unlocked the door to the motel room and entered. As she shut the door, Damon appeared behind it. Damon grabbed Anna by the throat and vamp sped her into a wall. Anna also grabbed a hold of Damon's throat. Both of them groaned and made choking noises as they tightly held onto the other's throats.

Damon was the first to give up and Anna released him as he released her. Damon coughed and rubbed his neck, " Damn. You're strong for a little thing." Anna replied, "I was wondering how long it would take you to find me."

She moved past him, placed her bag on the counter and sat down, looking at Damon. He asked her how long she had been in town and she answered, " I arrived around half-past comet, watching you screw up every chance you had to open that tomb."

Damon smiled bitterly, biting back a snarky comment and instead asked, "How did you know about the spell?" Anna informed, "I didn't say much back then, which means I heard everything."

Damon moved closer, trying to intimidate her, "So if you've been here the whole time, then why are we just crossing paths right now?" His moves to intimidate her failed as she got up and moved around the room, saying, "I use others to do my dirty work."

Damon asked, "Like Logan Fell? Oh, yeah, thanks for that, by the way. Little bastard shot me." Anna chuckled, "Logan was an idiot. We slipped him some blood when he started getting all poser slayer with that compass. I needed his family's journal. I couldn't let him die."

Damon furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "What do you want with the fell journal?" Anna sighed, "I thought it contained the location of the witch's spell book. I was wrong. According to her journal, Honoria gave the grimoire to Johnathan Gilbert," she walked over towards the counter, opened her bag, and took out the Gilbert journal, "And, according to this, he gave it to your father. So now you're going to help me find it."

"Why would I help you?" Damon wondered. Anna responded, "Cause you and I both want that tomb open." She handed him the journal and he read the page she had flipped open. As soon as he read the part where Johnathan wrote about how his father would take the secret of the spell book to the grave, he shut the journal and placed it back on the counter. He turned to Anna and said, "Sorry. I work alone." And exited the motel room.

He sped to the cemetery, not informing Stefan or Elena about it. As he reached there, he saw Stefan and Elena sitting beside a dug grave holding the spell book. Stefan was flipping through the pages and he made his presence known, his lip curled up in a snarl, "Well, what do you know? This is an interesting turn of events."

Elena and Stefan, startled, turned around to see him standing there. Stood up and stated, "I can't let you bring her back. I'm sorry." Damon agreed, "So am I." Stefan's determined face fell and Damon explained, his voice cracking, "For thinking for even a second that I could trust you."

That angered Stefan as he replied, "Oh. You're not capable of trust. The fact that you're here means that you read the journal and you were planning on doing this yourself." Damon looked offended as he spoke, "Of course I was going to do it by myself, because the only one I can count on is me! You made sure of that many years ago, Stefan."

He looked towards Elena, "But you. You had me fooled." Elena looked ashamed. He was hurt by her betrayal because he actually believed that she was being sincere. That she would understand why he wanted his Sif back.

He asked Stefan, "So what are you going to do now? Because if you try and destroy that, I'll rip her heart out." Stefan seemed way too confident when he stated that Damon won't kill her. He was right. Damon wouldn't kill the girl who made his brother happy. He promised him an eternity of misery but he knew how it felt to have the love of your life taken away from you and he wouldn't wish it for anyone.

So instead, he sped over to Elena and fed her his blood. He held her in a chokehold and threatened, "Give me the book, Stefan, or I'm snapping her neck. And you and I will both have vampire girlfriends."

Stefan demanded for her to be let go and Damon demanded he give him the book. Stefan said, "I'm not going to give this to you until she is standing next to me." Damon spat, "Problem is, I no longer trust that you'll give it back!" Stefan promised, "You just did the one thing that ensures that I will."

Damon, still keeping Elena in a chokehold, nodded at Stefan. Stefan, eyes filled with terror, slowly placed the book on the ground and reached out for Elena. Damon slowly pulls his arm away from her. Elena edged to the side of the grave, then quickly jumped over it and into Stefan's arms. Stefan wrapped her in a warm embrace. Elena looked at Damon, terrified, and Stefan and her walked out of the woods together. Damon watched them go and picked up the grimoire.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Damon and Sif entered Sif's room chatting. Damon had two glasses and a bottle of wine in his hands. Sif was telling him about a fight she witnessed in the market that day.

As he watched her speak, her eyes lighting up at the exciting parts, Damon poured the wine, handing her a glass. She paused her story to thank him and held the glass up to her face. But just as she was about to drink, she smelled it.

Vervain.

She placed her glass down with furrowed eyebrows and said to her fiancé, who had noticed her expression, "They know about me. This drink reeks of vervain. We have to leave, I can't get caught." Damon nodded and put his glass down, rubbing her arms in an attempt to calm her down, "Calm down. You didn't drink it so that means they still aren't sure. We can leave later tonight when everyone has calmed down.

Just as she nodded, something flew through the window and hit her in the back. Several wooden bullets embedded themselves in her back and she fell over. Damon caught her just as Giuseppe burst in through the doors.

He exclaimed, "I knew it! She warned us that you would not drink so we had to shoot you. Damon, get away from her!" Annoyed from Katherine ploy and the wooden bullets in her, every rational thought got away from her mind and Sif bared her fangs at Giuseppe in anger, lunging at him.

A few more men came up behind her and held Damon back as they shot her unconscious and covered her mouth with a muzzle. Damon exclaimed, trying to break free, "No! Don't take her!"

Giuseppe got up from the floor. He grabbed Damon and slammed him against the wall. Damon struggled to free himself, but the two men carried Sif out of the room. Damon watched them leave, helpless against his father. Giuseppe snapped at him, "Do you know what they'll do to you if you're branded a sympathizer? You'll be killed along with them!"

Damon grabbed his father by the shoulders and looked him dead in the eye, "Then let me be killed!" And he pushed his father aside, running out the door in pursuit of Sif.

He ran out of the house as two men carried Sid to a cart and placed her in it. Damon ran toward the cart, Stefan close behind him. Stefan managed to catch up with Damon and thrust his arm in front of him, stopping Damon.

Stefan pleaded, " Damon! Damon! Stop, stop. I'll help you. We'll get them back." Damon violently shoved Stefan away, "Help me!? Don't you think that you've done enough? You promised you wouldn't tell him!"

Stefan admitted, "I didn't think this would happen." The cart with Sif in it started to leave. Damon and Stefan watched as Sif was taken off to her death. Damon looked at Stefan with intense anger, "You did this. This is your fault." Damon ran off to search for the only one he knew who could help. Emily.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Damon looked down at his fathers grave one last time then ran off with the grimoire in hand. His brother's betrayal hurt, obviously, but he was kind of expecting it. Hell, he was prepared for it. So that didn't stop him this time. He went straight to the boarding with one thought in mind. He had a phone call to make. 

[A/N: ONE CHAPTER TO SIF!! WOOHOO! This was so much fun to write. By far my favorite. All the flashbacks. Comment what you thought about Sif and if you would like some particular trait added to her personality.]

What do you think is the reason for the Sif-Katherine rivalry? Who is that Damon needs to call? COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK!

Words: 5230

COMMENT!

VOTE!

SHARE!

-Katie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501K 8.5K 58
Emily Forbes was engaged to marry klaus mikaelsons but after he cheated on her she knew she deserve better and moved on with her life though the dif...
4.1K 115 9
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Stefan and Rebekah met in the 20s in Chicago. When they left, he was compelled to...
65.9K 739 3
Damon Salvatore, silver never gold. Second never first. Compared to his martyr golden brother, he is a spare. To his parents, Katherine, friends and...
27.6K 607 33
Damelia Salvatore , twin of Damon , elder sister of Stefan, visits Mystic Falls after hearing her brothers are still alive . (TVD)Season 2 to Season...