𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐫�...

By dreammcatcher

"You're angry, frustrated. You want some form of release. I can help you with what you want." I drop my hand... More

Author's Note and Character Aesthetics
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
Epilogue - One
Epilogue - Two
Exclusive Chapters
Spin-Off: REIGN (Everett's Story)

THIRTY SIX

26.4K 1.3K 261
By dreammcatcher

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I am not sure how everything can be so perfect yet so painful at the same time.

When the person you're meant to spend the rest of your life with has been living right under your nose this whole time, yet I was too blinded to see the signs.

Cleo's body lay between my arms, watching as the curse lifts from her whilst Pandora takes her last breath. Having stumbled to the floor, clutching her neck as blood pours from her wound endlessly.

Dust-like powder pulls from Cleo's body and disperses into the air, her pitch black hair restoring to a light chestnut brown. Her midnight eyes moulding into a beautiful green and her pale skin changing to a natural bronzed glow.

The curse had completely changed her appearance and I had no idea.

This is what Cleo looks like. This is what she has always looked like.

Her skin pressed up against mine felt like a dream, the goosebumps that erupted across my body as she lifts her weak hand to press against my cheek. Tears gathering in her eyes as she flicks them over my appearance. Both of us drinking in the feeling of our glowing mate bond, unaware that it could make me feel this whole.

Time slowed down, so slow that I thought it actually paused for a second because looking at her stopped the world completely. Here she was, lying vulnerable in my arms, thinking I was about to lose her forever.

My wolf howls inside of me like a restless beast, desperate to take control and save our mate. But I was in shock, pure and utter shock. My arms fell numb and my eyes leaked agonising tears.

This beauty between my arms is my mate and I had no fucking clue.

How could I not know?

That's what hurt the most. How could I not fucking know?

When I think about it, it's obvious. Not being able to stay away from each other, crawling our way back to each other after our petty arguments and heated nights. The fact I couldn't keep my mind off her for longer than two damn seconds.

Then her eyes start to close for the last time and I shake her between my arms, not realising tears had dribbled down my face and onto her chest.

"Cleo?!" I shout as her body falls limp. "Someone fucking help me!"

My teeth begin to grit as I look down to her lifeless body, moving my hands to her neck to try and feel a pulse. But that was it, her body was already turning cold.

I choke back a sob as I hold her closer to my heart, my wolf thrashing inside of me to do something. My lips press a kiss to her temple as I cradle her tightly, not wanting to let go. "Please don't leave me when I've just found you," I whisper against her skin. "This can't be the end."

Tears drip down onto her cheek gently. This couldn't be real. No, this couldn't be real.

My eyes glance up as Nick rushes over to us, his eyes struck with fear at his daughter laying between my arms. "W-What happened?!" He shouts as he drops to his knees beside me.

I flick my blurry eyes between his as he leans forward to grab onto her wrist gently. "Lay her down," Nick orders.

Not realising that I had become frozen, I follow Nick's instructions and place her onto the ground gently. "Do you know how to give CPR?" He shouts at me.

My ears burned, I could barely hear anything but I manage to nod. I lower my hands to Cleo's chest, pumping down on her heart strongly before opening her lips and tilting back her head.

"Kassian!" Nella's voice shoots through the woods as I look over to Mace, Alfie, Hope and Diamond running towards us. "Kassian!"

Hope gasps as soon as she sees Cleo laying on the floor, her eyes beginning to sprout tears as Nella darts over to me. Her expression is unreadable as she perches down beside me, her chest heaving deeply.

"Stop," she demands as she moves me away from Cleo's body. "It's not going to work."

I pull away and furrow my eyebrows, my body shaking in pain. My heart felt like it was crumbling to pieces with every breath that I take.

"Kassian, I need to tell you something." Her voice shakes as she grips onto my shoulder lightly. There was a look in her eye that frightened me.

I turn to her, feeling confused and startled by her lack of care for the fact Cleo was lying lifelessly on the floor. "She's fucking dead Nella and that's what you have to say?!" I raise my voice causing her to flinch from my tone.

Nella's eyes roam over my face, watching as I cry silently.

"She's not dead Kassian," Nella says suddenly.

My eyes blink back at her, then furrowing my eyebrows frustratedly. "What do you mean she's not dead?" My voice growls as I pull Cleo back into my arms, protecting her body from everyone around us.

Nella's lips part as she exhales a shaky breath, leaning forward to grip onto the necklace that was sitting around her neck. Noticing how it started to glow differently, the gold speckles shining through brightly and reflecting off the sun.

"This is a Guidant's Locket," she tells me slowly. "Cleo was bound to Pandora because of the curse. If Pandora dies, Cleo does too. The locket is made with witches blood and I put a spell on it that will allow her to come back to life in a couple of days. Diamond helped us with it, it was the only way to save her."

My expression scrunches up as she speaks. "What?" I exhale sharply.

Nella swallows harshly and moves closer to me. "If Pandora dies, Cleo does too. That's the way it would have been, there is no way around it, Kassian." She pauses for a moment. "Diamond told us this spell that witches used back in the eighteenth century that brought witches back when they had been cursed and killed the cursor."

I flick my eyes between hers slowly, taking in her words. My heart skips a thousand beats as she explains what happened but for some reason I still couldn't understand everything. My head was racing and the pain between my brows was unbearable.

"So we went and got the locket specially made, we practiced the spell together. It was the only way she could defeat her mother and still have the chance of surviving. If we did this without the locket, she would be dead now. For good." She shakes my shoulder, trying to snap me back into the real world.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us before you decided to do something so stupid?!" My voice roars. "Did you not think about the consequences that this would have?"

Nella shakes her head as her eyes glisten at me, sadness washing over her face. "Because you would have stopped us from doing it. Cleo cared more about the fact that Hope didn't have much time left with her seizures, she wanted to make sure that Hope survived."

I scoff at her words before clenching my eyes tightly, feeling them begin to burn. "And you're fucking right Nella, I would have fucking stopped you. What if she doesn't come back?!"

"She will," her tone is confident but I couldn't believe what she said. "We just have to take her body to a dark and cold room. A few days and the spell from the locket will bring her back."

Fury burns inside of me as I shake my head. "I would have been happy to be with her even if she had the curse," I spit with fury.

How could she hide this from me?

"This is not about you Kassian," Nella's voice snaps instantly. "Cleo was in so much pain, the curse was hurting her so much that she would rather have died than live the rest of her life like that. It's about her, not you."

My heart trembles in my chest, I knew how much pain she was in. Of course I did, but the thought of now living without her was unimaginable.

"You'd want her to be here, in pain and unhappy for the rest of her life because you wanted her to be?" Nella's volume drops as she looks down to Cleo in my arms.

"She would scream herself to sleep, and hate herself for the things she did and said. She did this for herself, to free herself. No one could save herself but her." She frowns towards me before gently caressing Cleo's cheek. "We didn't want to see her unhappy forever, it was painful to witness."

"But what about me?" I heave out angrily.

Nella's eyes move up to mine, a confused look washing over her face. "What?"

"Cleo is my mate, Nella."

Her mouth falls open in shock, then a look of guilt sinks into her body. Watching as her shoulders sink and her eyes fall sad instantly. "W-Wha--" the words can barely form in her mouth as she shakes her head over and over.

"Kassian, I had no idea you were mates." Nella's eyes swim with thick tears, clenching her throat. "Fuck, I had no idea."

"She said she knew it," I mumble out as I look down to her peaceful body, wetness welling in my eyes again. "She knew all along."

Nella snakes her arms over my shoulder and holds me close to her. "She will come back to you Kassian, without the curse. She wants to live her life without that dark cloud looming over her head everyday. She will come back, now that she knows you're mates. She has a reason to fight."

I clench my eyes shut and release a soft cry as Nella rests her head on my shoulder. "What if she's gone forever? I'll never get to be with her again."

"Stop talking like that," Nella snaps as she begins to wipe her own eyes. "She is a fighter, do you not even remember what she is like? How strong and determined she is?"

"Of course I do," I murmur, my voice barely audible.

"Then think positively, this isn't the end. I promise you." Her throat cracks softly but she instantly recovers.

My teeth bite down on my lip, endless tears slipping from my eyes. The feeling of my aching chest was enough for me to break down and never move from this spot again. "I feel broken Nella," I whisper pathetically. "My heart is burning."

How was I meant to go on? Live my life and wait for her to wake up again. Afraid that I'd never get to tell her how I really feel, how I've always felt.

Nella grips onto my arm gently and forces me to look at her. "I promise you she will come back. She believes in my magic, I believe in my magic. She will not give up without a fight. She will find her way back to you Kassian, I know it."

I take one look at Nella before glancing down at my mate, brushing my hand across her cheeks gently. Her beautiful hair falling from her face softly, she looked peaceful.

No longer in pain, no longer wishing things would be different.

Of course I didn't want her to be in pain, not now, not ever. She didn't deserve to live in misery, she deserved to be happy and enjoy life. After all the shit she has been through and still being the strongest person I know.

I lower my head down to Cleo's forehead, feeling my heart crumble inside of me. "Please," I whimper. "Please come back to me Cleo."

Nella sobs from beside me, Mace and Alfie lowering to the floor to comfort me as I cry into my mates body. "We're here for you man," Alfie's hand grips my shoulder supportively. "Whatever you need, we are here for you."

"I need her." I whisper frightfully.

Mace and Alfie release a soft sigh from behind me and attempt to engulf me into a hug. "I know you do, you need your mate more than ever." Mace comments as he squeezes my arm. "But I trust Nella's powers. She wouldn't have done this unless she knew Cleo would come back."

I glance up at Nella, Hope was now hugging her and attempting to slow her own tears.

"We all believe in you Nella," Hope swallows harshly. "And Cleo. If anyone can do it, she can."

"Agreed." Nella offers me a teary eyed smile. "We need to get her home as soon as possible."

I heave out a low sigh and drop my lips to Cleo's cold forehead, leaving a lingering kiss against her skin. "I'll see you soon baby." I murmur against her gently. "Real soon. This isn't the end."

. . .

Read up to chapter 41 on Patreon
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

I am fucking sobbing, omgggg

Kassian broken is honestly hurting me so much. What did you guys think of his POV?

Do you want to see more of his POV?

What did you guys think?

Is Cleo going to come back?

Gaaaah so many emotions, I hope you felt them all!

Hope everyone is okay, I have a chest infection:((( send help.

See you all on the next one, love Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: savanna.rose.x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 8.9K 42
"It means that I want you to fuck me. Hard," She ripped the vest that limited their contact, tugging it away like a wanton woman. "I want you to take...
5.5K 314 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
115K 5.4K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...
166 5 10
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...