How to train your dragon (Hic...

By lhnmoon23

Y/n is a young girl in Berk who never wanted to hurt a dragon and doesn't believe dragons are as bad as every... More

This is Berk
The Night Fury
Mysterious dragon and new bond
Dragon Training Day 1
Dragon Training day 2 and new friends
Forbidden Friendship
Dragon training day 3 and new tail
Toothless meets Crystal and new place
Training Tips and new dragon names
Test Drive
Astrid finds out
The Dragon's Nest
The Final Exam
Final Battle
This Is Berk

Book of Dragons

1K 20 5
By lhnmoon23

Hiccup POV

I was walking in the forest to the place where I release the night fury. Once I reach there I saw the same ropes that I used to catch it. I picked it up and observed it. "So why didn't you?" I question myself on to why I didn't killed the night fury. I put the ropes back down and climbed over a log. I saw a small entrance and walked to it. Once I reached to it there was a pretty place with a lake inside.

I looked around until I saw something black on the ground. I picked it up and looked at it until something flew up in front of me startling me. I fell on the ground and looked up to see the night fury climbing against the wall. I watched it as it went back down then glide over the lake to the ground.

I looked at it with an awe expression on my face and climbed down the hill a little bit and hid behind a rock. I watched as it started to fly but only fell to the ground. It then started to fly again up wards while making noises but fell back down again. I reached into my jacket and pulled out my journal.

I drew what the dragon looked like while it keeps trying to fly but only getting the same results. "Why don't you just fly away?" I asked myself curiously. I then compared my drawing to the night fury but realized something. I erase the left side of the tail fin which make me realized how it couldn't fly.

I watched as it try to catch some fish by diving its head in the lake but it's head came back up with no fish in it's mouth. I looked at the dragon in sadness since it couldn't fly again until I dropped my pencil. I panicked and tried to catch it but it felled down the hill onto a rock making a sound. The night fury lifted it's head up towards me and we started having a stared down. It tilted it's head towards me.

----------

Time Skip

Y/n POV

Me and the gang was sitting at a table eating dinner while chatting until we heard the door opened. We ignored it and Gobber asked "Okay what did Astrid do wrong in the ring today?" Astrid responded "I guess I missed time my somersault. It was sloppy, it threw off my reverse tumble." Ruffnut then said "Yeah, we noticed." Snotlout said "No no, you were great, that was so Astrid." I joined in and said "Yeah but you know Astrid not everything is going to be the way you want it to. Making mistakes is normal and now you know what you can do better." "Yeah, Y/n is right, sometimes you have to be tough on yourself."

I saw Hiccup walked passed us and was going to say hi until Ruffnut said "Ugh he showed up." Snotlout said "He didn't get eaten." Then Astrid said "He's never where he should be." I looked at them disappointed and said "Guys, that isn't nice to say and leave him alone." Everyone looked at me shocked.

It was silent until Snotlout said "Why are you defending him babe I mean looked at him, he looks weak and always mess things up." I turned to him "I'm just doing what I think is right and I don't think he is weak, I mean think about it, he tries his best on trying to become a Viking even after everyone doubts him. I mean do you thinks it's easy to become someone that everyone thinks you won't be especially your own father? If I was in his position I would've start doubted myself but Hiccup took it as a strong person by instead of giving up he keeps trying to prove everyone and even his father that he is good enough to be part of what this whole village is. Strength isn't just about physical so this is why he's in this dragon training we are doing right now." I replied looking down with my hands in my lap.

After I finish everyone looked at you even more shocked but looked down realizing what you said was true and Hiccup looked like he wanted to cry. Meanwhile Gobber was smiling warmly at you and thankful that your perspective towards Hiccup is different than others. "You indeed found the right one for you Hiccup." He thought. It was silent until Gobber broke it which made them snapped out of thoughts "Okay let's move on now. We can live and breath this stuff. The dragon manual." He said while dropping it on the table.

"Everything we know about every dragon we know of." He said. Then there was thunder "No attacks tonight." While walking away. "Wait we read?" Tuffnut asked. "While we're still alive." Ruffnut said. "Why read words when you can just kill the stuff that the words tell you about." Stated Snotlout as he slammed his fist on the table. I avoided my eye and thought "I rather read fun facts about dragons then killing them."

I snapped out of my thoughts when Fishleg said "Ooh, I read it like seven times. There's a water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face and and there's this other one that bears itself with the win-" "At least someone in this team is actually interested in dragons and isn't so serious about killing them." I thought about Fishleg. "Yeah, that's sound great. If there was chance I was going to read that. Tuffnut cutted Fishleg. "But now." Ruffnut paused. "You guys can read and I'll go kill stuff."

I then got sad when he said that killing part but hide it. Soon everyone left except Astrid, Hiccup and me. Hiccup then walked over to us and said "So I guess we'll share." But Astrid replied quickly while sliding the manual to him." Already read it." Then she walked away. He then started to say goodbye to her but she closed the door. I then walked over to him and said "Hey I still haven't read it yet so we can share if you don't mind." He turned to me and had a small hint of pink on his cheek and said "Y-y-yeah, I d-don't mind."

I smiled at him and sat down while gesturing for him to sit next to me. He hesitated but sat down anyways. He opened the book and started reading "Dragon classifications. Strike class, fear class, mystery class." We both started to lean towards the book then I looked at him and realize something "Are you sure about when you said you didn't have to go back to Gothi in the arena because you face is red like last time and it looked like it didn't go away since then." I asked him innocently.

He then stutter "I'M FINE! I mean I'm fine. It's just your really close and it's hot." I blinked "Oh sorry, I can move away if that makes you feel better." I said while starting to move away. "NO! Uh no it's fine I guess." "Are you sure?" I asked "Yeah I'm sure" He said back. I smiled at him and started flipping the page. "Thunderdrum, this reclusive dragon inhabit sea caves and dark tide pools. When startled, the thunderdrum produces a concussive sound that can kill a man at close range. Extremely dangerous, kill on sight." I read.

I turned to Hiccup as he flipped to the page and read "Timber Jack, this gigantic creature has razor-sharp wings that can slice through full grown trees. Extremely dangerous kill on sight." I started reading next "Scauldron, sprays scalding water at it's victim. Extremely dangerous-" I got cut off by the sound of thunder.

I yelped and move my body against his while holding his arm. I felt him stiffen and looked at him and see him red. Confused I looked down and saw how I was against him and was holding his arm. I quickly let go and said "I'm so sorry! I didn't realize what I was doing. I just got startled." I lower my head. "I-I-It's o-okay. I get it that you were scared." Said Hiccup. "Thank you, I guess we should continue." I said. He nodded as we went back to reading.

"Changewing, even newly hatched dragons can spray acid. Kill on sight." Hiccup reads. We then just started turning pages. "Gronckle, zippleback, the skrill, bonenapper, whispering death. Choke it's victim, burry it's victim, turn it's victim inside out." I said " Extremely dangerous, extremely dangerous, kill on sight, kill on sight, kill on sight." Hiccup said as he turns a bunch of pages of dragon until we reach to a particular page that got my interest.

"Night fury." Hiccup reads. I got excited because this was basically Crystal's kind. But become disappointed when Hiccup started reading what it said. "Speed unknown, size unknown. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engaged this dragon, your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you." I saw Hiccup was going to pull out something but stopped.

I got confused and asked "What do you have that you were going to pull out." I looked to see what it is but Hiccup hid it inside his jacket. "Nothing just a you know a pencil, yeah a pencil to um to write something on the manual." I got even more confused but brushed it off. I sigh and said "Well it's really late now so I better get some sleep since tomorrow is going to be the second day of dragon training."

I started walking away until I heard "WAIT!" I turned around and saw how Hiccup grew embarrassed and looked away. I chuckled and thought "Cute" But quickly snapped out of it. "Um I just wanted to say about what you did earlier for standing up for me to Snotlout and the others even though they are your friends." "Your welcome, I just don't like it when people judge others and people just always looked at the bad things and not the the good things. Even though you messed up a lot in the past you still try to do your best and that's what I find good about you." I said smiling . He blushed and said "Thank you, no one ever said that to me before." I then said while walking away "I'm glad that I could help you so see you tomorrow at the arena and have a goodnight." "You too" Hiccup said.

I then backed to my hut and laid in my bed slowly started to fall asleep looking forward for tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter

Hope you enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 144 39
This is the book where my OC meets the Dragon Riders of Berk and she shows them the modern world along with some Race to the Edge episodes. This is a...
1.8K 33 16
(Various x reader) Y/n is Astrid's little sister. She develops a crush on Hiccup while he fell for Astrid. What happens when Toothless bonds more wit...
22.2K 800 46
Hiccups left Berk... again. After a grueling battle with the Red Death, Hiccup who is now missing a leg, leaves Berk to go fight against a returning...
3.9K 83 9
Astrid Hofferson, shieldmaiden of Berk and second-in-command of the dragon riders, swears to tell everything to her betrothed, Hiccup Haddock, even s...