Irondad and spiderson oneshots

By spiderbabe_

Title is pretty self explanatory More

Peppermint
Murder pt1
Murder pt2
Murder pt3
No Time To Die
Jealousy
Birthday Wishes
"With This Smile, I Can Get Away With Everything."
You're Just Like Him
You're Nothing Like Him

Thunder

2K 31 3
By spiderbabe_

Tony and Peter get into a fight but later on there's thunder. Peter hates thunder because of his heightened hearing and is forced to turn to his adoptive dad for comfort despite his anger.

—————————————————————————

It was 2 in the morning and Peter still wasn't back from his patrol. This had happened on many occasions and Tony tried talking to him about it, saying that he shouldn't be up that late and that it's bad for his health. Especially if he has school early in the morning, which means he needs much more energy. Tony didn't want Peter being miserable all day because he never gets enough sleep.

Peter finally swings in through the window and takes his mask off. He was about to sneak off to his room when he noticed Tony standing at the doorway.

"Oh...h-hey dad." Peter said nervously.

"Really? 'Hey'? You do know it's 2am right? Or is it? Maybe I'm going crazy." Tony said even though he knew for a fact that it was 2am.

"It's not even a big deal! I'm home now, aren't I? And besides, you can't say anything. You're awake." Peter says in his defense.

"Yeah, I'm awake because I was waiting for you to come home! Peter, this is getting ridiculous. I told you to stop doing this and you disobeyed me." Tony yelled and took a step closer to him. Pete looked at his feet.

"Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you." Tony continued. Peter was hesitant to look up but he finally did.

"I'm sorry Kid, but I'm taking away your suit until you learn how to listen." Tony says harshly.

"What? No! Please, I-I'm really sorry! It won't happen again!" Peter stuttered out and took a step back. Peter doesn't really get angry, it's not the type of person he is. He tends to get upset though, and this is one of those times.

"Yeah? That's what you said last time. Now go get changed and give me your suit. You can have it back when you're ready." Tony said. Peter looked back down at the ground again.

"Peter, now!" Tony shouted. Peter looked up and sighed before dragging his feet to his room and getting changed.

He got changed into a black shirt and black sweatpants while holding back tears. This is the second time he was getting his suit taken away that year, he kept on screwing up. But regardless, he was still very mad at Tony.

He walked back over to Tony and practically shoved the suit at him, not looking at him at all.

"Watch your attitude. Go to sleep." Was all that Tony said before walking off with Peter's suit. Once Tony was out of sight and hearing range, Peter punched the wall in anger, but made sure he didn't make a dent.

He finally made his way back to his room and slammed the door shut. He flopped down onto his bed and watched as his vision soon became blurry with tears, although he swallowed them down. This has happened before, so he knows he's gonna get his suit back...right?

About an hour passed, Peter was unable to get any sleep. He never really could recently. But just when he thought he was getting tired and took the opportunity to close his eyes, a loud rumbling sound was heard from outside.

Peter's eyes shot open right away, waiting to hear the sound again in case he was imagining it. And sure enough, another rumble sounded, but this time it was much louder. It was thundering, Peter was terrified of thunder. His enhanced hearing made it torture for him, he hated loud noises in general.

More thunder went off and Peter sat up in bed, his heart racing and his palms sweating. His ears were ringing so he covered them with his hands and rested his elbows on his knees, trying to control his breathing and calm down.

Normally he would go to Tony in this situation, he always knew how to calm him down. But right now he didn't really want to talk to Tony. He thought that he wouldn't want to speak to him either, so he suffered in silence, tears escaping his eyes.

Meanwhile, Tony was in bed getting some sleep but the sound of thunder woke him up. He was fine with it, actually, he loved thunder. He laid in bed listening to the rumbling outside in comfort when suddenly, he remembered. Peter is terrified of thunder. He's probably having a panic attack right now.

He waited for Peter to come walking in through Tony's bedroom door, like he normally does when there's thunder. But he never appeared. Tony grew worried for his son.

Then he thought back to the fight they had, Peter probably didn't want to talk to him which is why he wasn't coming to Tony for comfort. Tony sighed and got out of bed, knowing he had to go to him.

As he walked to Peter's room, the thunder was getting faster and louder. He walked quicker to Peter, worried that he could be freaking out more than usual.

He finally got to his room and opened the door slowly. His eyes landed on Peter, he was sitting on his bed with his knees to his chest and covering his ears with his hands. He was sweating and his eyes and face were full of tears.

Peter's heart felt like it was racing at a million beats per second. He couldn't breathe and his eardrums were bursting, the thunder kept on getting louder and louder and he was severely panicking.

Tony walked over to his bed and sat down on the edge. He placed a hand on Peter's knee and he flinched, opening his eyes. He probably didn't hear Tony come in because of how hard he was covering his ears.

Peter sniffed and quickly wiped his tears away, taking his hands off his ears beforehand. He didn't want Tony to see him like this after they had that fight. He wanted to seem like he was fine, he wanted Tony to leave.

"Kid, are you alright?" Tony asked, concerned at his sudden change in behavior.

"Y-Yeah, yes, I'm fine. I'm great." Peter stuttered out and forced a smile. Tony could always tell when Pete was lying, and he hated dishonesty. It was also quite obvious that he was lying because he was literally trembling and had bloodshot eyes.

"Don't lie to me, kid. You know I hate when you do that. Let me help you, please." Tony said in the most comforting way possible. He reached out to hold Peter's hand but he moved away, not looking at him.

Tony sighed. "Pete, I'm sorry. Just look at me, please?"

Peter sniffed before hesitantly turning his head to Tony. He tried to look tough but another thunder strike boomed outside the window, louder than the last one. Peter jumped and quickly covered his ears, groaning and whimpering in pain.

Tony hated seeing him like this, he wished he could just stop the thunder. But he couldn't. Instead, he gently pulled Peter's hands away from his ears and held them. Peter tried to struggle out of Tony's grip but Tony didn't let him.

"Dad p-please, I'm fine. Y-You can go back to sleep. The thunder will go away soon." Peter said, still trying to pull away but failing. "I know you're mad at me, so you probably don't wanna be with me right now. But that's okay, I-I'll be okay."

"Kid, I was mad at you, but right now I'm not. I want to be here with you, I do. I want to help you. Please let me Pete." Tony practically begged. Peter didn't say anything. Then another thunder strike. Peter tilted his head and groaned in pain, seeing as he couldn't cover his ears. He definitely had enough strength to pull away from Tony, but that would include inflicting pain on him. And he didn't want to do that.

Peter was in so much pain at this point, his breathing picked up again and he wanted to cry his eyes out.

"O-Okay." Was all that Peter said to Tony. He finally gave in and let Tony help him. Tony smiled and let go of Peter's hands.

Peter immediately leant into Tony, wanting to be in his embrace. Tony wrapped his arms around him and Peter silently cried into his chest. He ran his hand down Peter's head and back, trying to calm him down.

They were in this position for about 10 minutes before Peter finally started calming down, and so did the thunder. He lifted his head off his dad and wiped his eyes. Peter didn't want to admit it, but Tony always calmed him down straight away. He didn't know how he did it, but he always did.

"I'm...I'm okay now. Thank you." Peter sniffed and looked down at his lap. He grew tired after all the crying, so all he wanted to do was sleep.

"Are you sure?" Tony asked, he was constantly worried about Peter.

"Yeah...I'm really sorry about earlier. I swear it won't ever happen again, I swear." Peter rambled and looked back up at Tony.

"Pete, it's alright. I just wish you would listen to me sometimes. But I do love you, you know that, right?" Tony reassured him. Peter nodded and looked down again.

"Ouch, I don't even get an 'I love you too'?" Tony joked. Peter smiled and looked at him again.

"I love you too." Peter said. They both hugged again.

"You're still grounded though."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 15.2K 55
As obvious as this may be, I do not own anything Marvel related
840K 20.5K 200
You know the drill! Requests are still open, but it could take me a while since I have loads of them, either way, enjoy! Don't repost without permis...
2.9K 98 23
As the title says...a series of Avengers Oneshots to make your daily life a tad bit more bearable.
304K 3.7K 37
Marvel One Shots I'm comfortable writing anything, just message me a request :)