He Wasn't A Jerk Before (He W...

By onedirectiion_

[Finalist in Watty Awards 2013) He Wasn't a Jerk #2 ⁑⁑ Disclaimer: Probably a lot of grammar issues, along w... More

He Wasn't A Jerk Before (Louis Tomlinson Fan Fiction)
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen Part One
Chapter Fifteen Part Two
WATTY AWARDS 2012
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty Part One
Chapter Twenty Part Two
Chapter Twenty-One
THIRD BOOK INFORMATION

Chapter Eighteen

104K 1.8K 416
By onedirectiion_

HE WASNT A JERK ONLINE WON IN THE WATTYS. OHMYGOD GUYS THANK YOU SO SO SOOOOO MUCH. This is an absolute honor for me. When I first joined this site, I thought; "I'll never be that good of a writer to get into this so called 'Watty Awards'. I've entered a few stories in before but they never got to be finalists or won. So this is a HUGE HUGE HUGGEEEE honor for me. And for all you aspiring authors out there don't ever think your work isn't good enough because thats what I thought and still think to this day.

And guess what? Now that I've won ...

IM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD.

Ahaha no, thats only in Super Bowl. Okay yeah on with the story .. :)

Chapter Eighteen

"I hate her." Ava said, laying on her stomach on the bed flipping through a magazine.

I got off my bed and looked over at the magazine to see Miley Cyrus, "She's okay."

Ava shrugged, "Liam Hemsworth should be mine, just saying."

I rolled my eyes, "He doesn't even know you exist." I said, sitting back on my bed.

She scoffed, "He doesn't know of his future wife?"

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes. "Your sarcasm is not appreciated."

She closed the magazine rapidly and turned to face me, "What's wrong with you?"

I put my index fingers to my temples, rubbing small circles on the skin there. "Migraine."

"You need your pills?" Ava asked, reaching for my purse on the ground next to my bed.

I nodded, "Yeah. Could you also get me a glass of water?"

She handed me the pills and nodded, "Sure."

When Ava came back with the water, I popped the pill in my mouth and gulped the water down, feeling the smooth capsule slide down my throat.

"Whats up with you?" Ava asked, when I set the empty glass down on the nightstand.

I swallowed the remaining water in mouth, "I don't know what you mean."

Ava scoffed, fixing her hair. "Yes you do."

I crossed my legs, sitting on the bed. "I-I just don't know anymore."

Ava smiled weakly at me, "Don't worry hun, I know what you mean."

I swiped at a few tears that had foolishly escaped, "N-No you don't." I muttered, "Jake was the most amazing guy ever."

"Was, as in past tense." She pointed out.

I shrugged. "Being around Louis doesn't help me Avs. I need to get over him."

She raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure about that Vic?"

I nodded, "One hundred percent."

~*~

"And where are you going?" Kayley asked, sitting on the edge of my bed, her blonde curls covered part of her face.

I smiled, kneeling in front of her and pushed the stray curls out of her face, "Just away for a while." I said, glancing at the almost packed suitcase.

Her eyes started to get glossy, watering with un-shed tears. "W-Why?"

I smiled sadly at her, "It's complicated baby. I promise I'll be back."

"B-But w-when?" She asked, hiccuping slightly.

I shrugged slowly. "I'm not sure, maybe before school starts up."

"Where are you going?" She asked, wiping the tears away with the back of her hand. I felt as if I was taking away candy from a baby the way that Kayley was acting.

"The states," I said before pausing, "Just for a little 'while."

"I can't loose you!" Kayley screamed, flinging herself at me.

I hugged her, rocking her lightly. "I'm not leaving you." I cooed, rubbing her back slightly.

"Yes you are!" She said, sniffling, "You're leaving just like my mommy did!"

I shut my eyes and climbed up onto the bed with Kayley in my arms, rocking her back and forth. "I promise, it's only for a little while Kayles."

She looked up at me, her eyes all red and puffy from crying, "You promise?"

I smiled and nodded my head, "No, I don't promise," I paused, "I swear."

Soon after the little tantrum, Kayley fell asleep in my arms. My only option was to stay there until she woke up or until someone came looking for her.

I sighed, laying back on my bed while Kayley rested in my arms, softly snoring. A few minutes later there was a soft knock at my door and Chet appeared with a small smile on his face.

"I kind of figured she'd be in here," He whispered lowly, "Sorry about that."

I smiled, handing Kayley off to Chet, "It's no big deal."

He took Kayley in his arms and looked over at my packed suitcase, "You finished packing yet?" He asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I raised an eyebrow at him, and sat up on the bed, fixing my top.

"What's the real reason you want to go to America?" Chet asked, shifting Kayley about in his arms, giving me a small smile.

I sighed. What was I supposed to tell him? 'Louis and I almost had sex and I'm trying to get over the fact that I'm still in love with him but I'm too terrified to tell him that in case it's like the last time'? No, I couldn't do that. Doing that, would get me in a boat load of drama that I didn't even want to sail off in in the first place.

I offered him a small fake smile, "Because I've never been - duh."

He rolled his eyes, "I may have a teenage son, but I know when somethings up when I see it. So c'mon Victoria, spill it."

I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, "You see the thing is that I'm still in-"

"In love with Louis, yes I know."

My mouth hung open and I stared at him curiously, "H-How did you know that?" I questioned, trying to defend whatever dignity I did have left.

He rolled his eyes in a childish manner, "Anyone with eyes can see it Victoria." He said as if it was obvious, "Don't be so absurd."

I crossed my arms over my chest, "I am not absurd. I am just ... You know what? Never mind. I have a flight to catch tonight." I said, sliding off the bed, making sure not to move so much so I didn't awake a sound asleep Kayley.

"You don't have to go you know." Chet pointed out once I grasped the suitcase handle in my hand. I looked over at the small closet that once held most of - if not all of my clothes - at one point that was now empty. I shrugged, picking up the small tote bag that had my toiletries in it and gave Chet one last smile.

"I know, but I want too."

~*~

The announcer came on overhead in the airport, announcing a flight. I glanced down at my ticket and bit my lip. I had about fifteen more minutes until I actually boarded my flight and another ten before my flight actually took off. I sat back in the cheap, blue plastic airport chair and drummed my fingers on my kneecap nevously. What happens if I didn't know what to do in America? It is a lot different than it is here in England.

I let out an anxious breath and decided to text Ava, letting her know I was at the airport. She texted me back immediatly;

-Aw! I thought u might've changed ur mind and were heading back here. :(

-Sorry .. I just really need to do this - yknow?

- :( I know, but I'm just going to miss u a lot.

-I'm going to miss you more Ava, you know that ..

-I know, ur like a sister to me.

We texted for a few more minutes before the announcer came on overhead, calling out my flight number to head to a gate and hand over my ticket. I handed the lady at the terminal my ticket, before she let me in and I took my assigned seat. I settled down, making sure that I had my laptop and phone with me before the flight took off. I checked the time on my iphone and slightly thanked to no one inparticular and plugged my earbuds into my iphone and plugged them into my ears, leaning my head back against the headrest and closed my eyes.

Time must've flew, because a tap on my shoulder awoke me from a slumber that I didn't know I was even in. My eyes fluttered open and I panicked for a moment, seeing that I was in an unfamiliar setting before I realized that I was on a flight to New York City.

"Excuse me," A British voice flooded my ears.

My heart pounded in my chest and I let out a small gasp when my own eyes met a pair of blue ones that I would never forget. The shade of blue was too unique for anyone to even re-create, and I doubt any other human-being had the same eye color.

I was looking into the eyes of the one and only person I was trying to hide from ...

Louis Tomlinson.

~*~

I know this is kind of short .. and rushed but this was more a filler chapter and a chapter was LOOONG overdue and I decided to get to work on it today ... so here it is. :) I want to upload another chapter this weekend, and I have a lot of dedications I need to give out in the next chapter, so I will .. but I just want to thank all of my fans(I will never call you guys followers, it's too twitter for me personally) and everyone who reads, votes and comments.

I really don't know what I'd do without you all, but I love you .. and please just stick with me no matter what. That's all I ask of you. :) xx

*ALSO I HAVE TO BRING UP A FEW ANNOYING THINGS THAT I ALWAYS TALK ABOUT:

1.) Please do NOT post your story on my comments section of MY story. It is rude. If you want me to read your story, please send me a link VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE. I will read it asap.

2.) Rude comments are not accepted. Constructive critisum is but not things that are bashing my story or my style of writing. Sorry, I was raised to be rude like some people.

3.) Please do not demand an update. This is the most annoying thing a writer will expierence. There is a reason I don't update .. Like I've said before it takes like ten minutes to read a chapter but like a week to write it. Give me some time people! (Comments that just say, 'Update Please!' or ones like that are accepted.)

THAT'S ALL GUISE. :)  

Video: I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons(Been awhile since I've done this and I've recently been listening to Mumford & Sons .. give the song a chance!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 2.1K 27
"Stop crying baby, we'll be alright." Harry presses his lips against his boyfriend's temple, trying to comfort him. "I don't know if I am able to han...
885K 24.2K 25
He Wasn't a Jerk Series: #1: He Wasn't a Jerk Online #2: He Wasn't a Jerk Before #3: He Wasn't a Jerk After All #4: He Wasn't a Jerk In The End V...
60.1K 3K 24
So I decided to try something different. I write a story but you as a reader decide what is happening next. Write a suggestion in the comments and I'...
4M 76.1K 32
⁑⁑⁑ EDITING AS OF MARCH 2019 ⁑⁑⁑ [Winner in the 2012 Watty Awards for Undiscovered Gems]: ★ Read at your own risk. There are major grammar issues, p...