In Five Years

By Believeeexoxo

Seeing an ex again after three years who you thought was going to be the love of your life is awkward enough... More

Season List for My Brother's Best Friend
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 12

69.3K 2.1K 3.8K
By Believeeexoxo

Cameron

After my run the following morning I find myself still fuming from the conversation with Maddie. Not even exercising could relieve my stress, and normally it does.

I think I'm madder at myself than I'm mad at her. I'm the one that stopped reaching out. Granted, she didn't reply to me, but what if I had kept trying? Would we be together right now? Would we still be on track to be together with her five-year plan?

Katie is doing her makeup when I come into my bedroom. Her legs are crossed on top of my bed, and a bunch of different products are sprawled out around her. Normally she's on her run at this hour, but maybe she's taking a rest day.

"Did you have a good workout?" She asks, but something about her tone seems off.

"Uh, yeah," I reply warily. "I was just about to hop in the shower."

"Okay." She nods as she applies another layer of mascara to her eyelashes. "I just think it's odd that you went for a run this morning after you went for a run last night too. Unless you left the house at midnight for another reason?"

Oh, fuck.

"Ethan," I splutter. "He wanted to play video games last night."

"And you couldn't hop on the game here? There's a PlayStation literally right in front of your television."

"You were sleeping, Katie. I wasn't going to wake you up."

"Right," she replies sarcastically, clearly not believing me, "because that hasn't stopped you before."

I take a step closer to her and let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm telling you the truth," I lie, and my stomach twists into knots. "I went over to play video games with Ethan. You can text him if you want to verify."

I remind myself to text Ethan as soon as I get into the bathroom.

Katie's stare hardens over me, almost like she's waiting for me to crack. Eventually, she rolls her eyes and picks up what looks to be lipstick. "Whatever," she mutters, then gets a smile on her face. "You'll be pleased to know we have plans tonight though."

"With who?"

"A triple date." She grins wider, and I know she has something up her sleeve. "With Ethan and Maya, and I told her to invite Maddie and the new guy she's with. Doesn't that sound like fun?"

She definitely knows I wasn't with Ethan last night, and she's trying to break me. The last thing I want to do is go on a fucking date and have to be around Maddie and her new boyfriend, but if I say no then Katie will know that I was with her. It'll be too obvious.

I shrug as if it means nothing to me. "I don't care. That's fine."

"I'm surprised Ethan didn't tell you about this since you were with him last night." She laughs. "Too involved in video games, huh?"

"Right." I gulp, quickly trying to escape to the bathroom. "I'm gonna go take that shower."

***

Five hours later we're at some fancy restaurant that Katie wanted us to go to. I'm not in the mood to be here whatsoever, but I got dressed up anyways in an outfit that Katie picked out for me. Jeans and a nice cashmere sweater. I feel stupid, but this is what she likes me best in.

There are twinkling lights hung up everywhere in here, and as soon as I step foot on the expensive hardwood flooring I quickly realize that I might be underdressed. Everyone around us is either in a suit or a dress shirt, the ladies in designer dresses.

Why did Katie choose such an expensive place?

"Oh, there they are!" Katie points to the table at the far end of the room. Her tiny body is wrapped in a black mini dress that hugs her in all the right places, her hair falling into waves down her back. I want to admire her further, but as soon as my eyes land on Maddie I inwardly groan.

She's in a hot pink little number, and the top of her breasts are exposed. Her face is done heavily with makeup, a bright pink lipstick to match. I immediately imagine those lips wrapped around my dick. I want that lipstick all over my body.

Maddie stands up to give Katie a hug, and god damn her ass looks good. That dress grips to every curve she could possibly have, her tits looking like a whole meal right now. Fuck.

"Hey." Tre sticks his hand out to me when I reach the table. "Good to see you again."

I clench my jaw and shake his hand firmly. "Same here," I mutter, then glance at Maddie again, but I can't seem to say anything. Instead, I just sit down next to Katie and glance quickly at the menu. Everything is so damn expensive.

Why did Maddie have to wear that? She knew I was coming, right? Did she wear that just for me?

No. She doesn't dress for you, or any man for that matter, I mentally snap at myself.

That tan skin of hers looks so good against the pink fabric of that dress. The dress is so damn short that all I can think about is pulling her into a corner and sticking my hands right up it.

Maddie shifts uncomfortably in her seat, and I realize that she caught me staring. Can she tell what I'm thinking?

Can she tell that I want to take her right here, right now? I move my gaze down to her tits, imagining what it would be like to suck on them again. To tease those nipples of hers. To have them wrapped around my dick again.

She shifts harder in her seat.

That's right. I want you to think of me, Maddie.

"So, Cameron." Tre clears his throat and narrows his eyes in my direction, clearly catching me staring at his girlfriend's tits. Whoops. "Maddie says you might be drafted this year? That's pretty cool."

"He's going to be." Katie gushes. "I'm so proud of him."

"I might be," I correct, and Katie lets out another sigh. "We don't know for sure yet."

"Dude." Ethan tosses a straw wrapper at me and rolls his eyes. "You're the best player that team has seen in ages. You blow me out of the water. I played college football for fun, but you're going to make it a career. There's no way in hell you aren't going to get drafted."

"That's what I'm saying!" Katie says, and thankfully we're interrupted by the waiter who gives us a list of wine choices for the evening.

"Anyone have a preference?" Katie glances around the table. "Maddie?"

"Oh, no." She shakes her head. "I don't know much about wine."

"That's too bad." Katie smiles and gives an order to the waiter before he scurries off. I didn't understand what Maddie was talking about last night, but I'm starting to. Katie is treating her like she's beneath her or something. It's unlike her.

"What team would you want to be drafted to?" Tre asks.

"The Burros," I reply firmly, keeping my eyes as far away from Maddie's as possible.

"The Burros?" Tre scoffs and rolls his eyes. "You really want to be part of a cheating team?"

"Jameson isn't the quarterback anymore," Ethan adds.

I don't want to tell him that I've had my heart set on The Burros because it's the closest team to Connecticut. It's the closest to her. It's the one team that might be able to make this work between us.  I hadn't ever forgotten about the five-year plan.

"Isn't that team close to Briarwood?" Maya raises a brow, and the entire table goes quiet.

"I hadn't thought about that," I say through gritted teeth. "But yeah, it is."

"Hm." Maya smiles to herself and takes another sip of water just as the waiter returns with two bottles of wine.

Katie is quiet, so quiet, and I would give anything to talk to her in private right now, but I don't want to start a fight though with our friends around. That's the last thing we need.

Ethan is muttering something into Maya's ear, but I can't hear what it is he's saying. Maddie looks as pale as a ghost, her tan skin now almost sheet white.

"Maddie I forgot to thank you by the way," Katie says. "I got an A on that paper for biology."

"Oh, really? That's awesome," Maddie replies genuinely, and her smile is as beautiful as ever. "I'm glad I could help."

"Yeah, I was thinking to return the favor you could train with me. I'm studying to be a personal trainer, and if you want to tighten up some of those bothersome areas, I could help for free."

You've got to be shitting me.

I look at Katie in disbelief, completely shocked by what she just said. The entire table can't even think to say anything, and Maddie looks like she's going to jump across the table at her at any given second.

"I'm fine, thanks," she seethes with a fake smile plastered to her face.

She shrugs. "Suit yourself. I was just offering."

"Well, I think Maddie's body is perfect." Tre throws his arm around her shoulder and my body immediately tenses. I hate to watch this. I hate to witness this. It's bothering the fuck out of me that he is the one that gets to defend her. I can't. Otherwise, I'll have to hear it from Katie tonight about why I'm a shitty boyfriend. "She's just my type."

"To each his own." Katie smiles again, and this time Maya gives her a dirty look.

"Katie, that's enough," she says. "Can we just move on? Talk about something else?"

"Please," Ethan agrees, "because otherwise, I'll say some things that won't be taken kindly."

I'm embarrassed as hell right now of Katie. I can't believe she's acting this way toward her. I know she figured out I was with her last night. Somehow she must have. Otherwise, she wouldn't be acting like this. So mean and jealous. I've never seen this side of her, and frankly, I'm not fond of it.

"Sorry," Katie finally says. "I didn't mean to offend you, Maddie. I was just trying to help."

"You didn't offend me." Maddie smirks. "I'm very comfortable with my body."

Oh, she definitely is. She loves her body, and her confidence is always radiating off of her. She was ready for me no matter where we were at. In the car, in a public bathroom stall, and even when we were alone she stripped down freely without a second thought. After I took her virginity she became so powerful. It was addicting as hell to watch.

My hard-on comes uncontrollably, and I bite down on my bottom lip to try and get it to go away. I can't stop thinking about her riding me, how those beautiful tits looked bouncing up and down just for me. How she was so loud. Screaming my name again and again...

The waiter returns to take me away from my thoughts, and before he starts to get everyone's order Katie looks up from the menu. "Dinner is on me tonight, everyone. Don't worry about the price."

So this is why she invited everyone here? To flex the fact that she's rich?

"I'm paying for Maddie and I, but thanks though." Tre nods, and I almost forgot that he's probably just as rich, if not more than Katie.

We all place our orders, but you could cut the tension with a knife. Nobody is saying a word, and honestly, I just want to leave. This night has been ruined, and it's all because of Katie.

Tre leans over to whisper something into Maddie's ear, and her cheeks grow red before she bites down on her bottom lip. I know that look. I used to give it to her all the time.

"Sorry, I forgot that you have money too, Tre." Katie says, and again, I look at her with disgust when she turns to Maddie again. "Isn't it great to know that you'll be taken care of?"

"I'm studying to become a doctor." Maddie reminds her. "I'll be able to take care of myself. I don't need to depend on a man."

"Oh, that wasn't what I was implying," Katie tries to say. "I mean I'll be a personal trainer, but—"

"Really? Because I thought your plan was to be a trophy wife and have Cam pay for everything? Or did I not hear you correctly at my house?"

"Okay." Tre's facial expressions have hardened, and I don't appreciate the way he's looking at Maddie right now. "Can I talk to you in private?"

Before she can say anything, he grips her arm and tugs her up from the table to pull her away, and it takes everything in me not to follow them. He grabbed her too roughly. The way he looked at her wasn't okay.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I seethe when they finally disappear. "Why are you being like this?"

Maya and Ethan exchange awkward glances but take another sip of their drinks to try and ignore us.

"I'm just being friendly," she says.

"That wasn't being friendly. You've been trying to embarrass her the whole night, and for what? To prove that you're better than her?"

"I'm not concerned about that." She rolls her eyes. "I have you, she doesn't. I'm clearly the better option. I don't see what the problem is. I simply offered to help her tone up her flabby areas."

Ethan slams his drink down onto the table and screeches his chair back, Maya quickly rising up beside him. "Pick a new girlfriend." He hisses. "Before I kill your current one. Come on Maya. Let's go."

I'm so mad that I can't even speak. I'm furious, I'm fuming, and when she tries to grasp onto my hand I immediately pull away. "Absolutely not," I tell her. "This was fucking embarrassing, Katie. Your plan wasn't to have a fun time tonight at all, was it? You just wanted to embarrass her."

She's speechless because she knows I'm right. I pull up the Uber app on my phone and order her a car, unable to even look her in the eyes. "You can take an Uber back to the house. I need some time to myself right now."

"Cam, come on," she says, but I instantly give her a death stare.

"Don't call me that." I warn. "You have never called me that."

Pushing my chair back to make the same screeching sound as Ethan's, I stalk off and leave her alone at the table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 257 45
Everything was perfect until... it wasn't. Winter has gone out of her way to make sure her family friends and school friends never met. Her friends s...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
36.2K 429 12
Kate Penate just found out her crush is dating her best friend and for some reason she just can't get over him. In order to save her friendship and h...
103K 36 7
You know the old saying 'Fake it Til You Make It'? Well my best friend Caitlyn took that a little too seriously. She came up with a crazy scheme to h...