devil in disguise | pretty li...

By -smoakwidow

game on, bitches. fem!oc x multiple characters jason dilaurentis endgame More

𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟 𝗜𝗡 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗦𝗘
𝘾𝘼𝙎𝙏
00 ; 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
02 ; 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢
03 ; 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘺, 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘺, 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘺
04 ; 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭
05 ; 𝘯𝘰𝘦𝘭'𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯

01 ; 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

6.3K 177 39
By -smoakwidow

devil in disguise — 001.
season one, pilot

"Lizzie" Aria Montgomery's voice filled the barn. She had been trying to wake up the girl for a few minutes now.

"You really fell hard asleep last night" Hanna Marin commented, sitting on the floor next to her.

"Yeah, I was really tired" she lied, rubbing her eyes, looking around, realizing that she was back at Spencer's barn, and trying to remember how she got there after last nights events. Her head hurt like hell, and she only remembered bit and pieces "Where's Ali? And Spencer?"

"We don't know" Emily Fields replied, her face showing how worried she was. Elizabeth tried to remember whether Alison was already at the barn when she came back, but it was useless.

Aria helped her up of the floor, Lizzie getting slightly dizzy as she did so, but the girls didn't seem to notice. Footsteps in their direction were heard, and Aria was the one that went to the door, that was already open, letting the cold in.

"Ali?" the short brunette wondered, seeing as a female figure came close to the barn. However, it wasn't their blonde friend.

"She's gone" Spencer Hastings replied with a serious countenance.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Elizabeth asked. It was about to dawn; Alison knew better than coming back that late.

"I've looked everywhere for her. I think I heard her scream"

"Here you have your schedule, including the number of the class and the teacher" Mr Hackett informed, handing the paper to the student sitting in front of him "And these are the dates for your makeup tests" the man handed her another paper.

"Thank you, Mr Hackett" she put on her most innocent and sweetest smile as she put both of the papers on her folder, which she then put in her purse.

"Any time" he replied with a smile "We are happy to have you back Miss Arden. If there's something else I can do for you, please let me know"

Keeping up the same attitude she had before, she thanked the principal once again and left his office.

"Finally" Mona Vanderwaal exclaimed, getting up from the chair she was sitting while waiting for her friend, grabbing her purse and fixing her clothes "Thought you were gonna be there forever!"

"How did it go?" this time it was Hanna Marin who asked, as the three of them started walking down the stairs, heading to class; Elizabeth in the middle with her two friends at each of her sides.

"Better than expected" she sighed, the smile she previously had on dropped as soon as the walked out of the principal's office "Already have a bunch of makeup tests"

As the trio walked through the hall, Elizabeth could feel all eyes on her. Rosewood was a small town, news flied and people loved to spread rumors and gossip about others lives. The speculation that surrounded her sudden disappearance for the last half of the last semester and most of the summer wasn't small; some people said she had nervous break down and that her father had to take her away, others said that she just left town, maybe went with her also missing best friend.

"I thought they said you were dead" and that was other of the many rumors. One of the students of Rosewood High looked at her confused, as he was pretty sure the rumor he had heard was true.

"Yeah, I just came back to haunt you" she replied, narrowing her eyes at the student who just left without saying another word.

"What a jerk" Mona spat, giving a disgusted look to everyone who was staring at her friend.

"Are you alright?" Hanna worriedly asked, the other blonde giving her a careless nod. The three of them walked through the door into the classroom, once again catching everyone's attention, but the Arden girl only noticed one of them.

"When did she get back?" she whispered to her blonde friend.

"Who?" the tall blonde wondered with a confused face, following her gaze to figure out who she was talking about. She saw Aria Montgomery, a girl that used to be her best friend, sitting a few sets away from her. She was very different than the last time they saw each other "I don't know" she replied, sitting down next to Elizabeth and looking away from her ex friend.

"It was about time she got rid of that pink stripe" Vanderwaal laughed, sitting in the seat in front of the two of them.

"I kinda liked it" Lizzie shrugged "She wore it well"

"Those are Hanna and Mona?" she heard Aria Montgomery whispered —a little bit too loud— to Emily Fields "Hanna and Lizzie are friends with Mona now?"

After Alison Dilaurentis disappeared, the once close group got dispersed; Aria moving to Iceland, and the rest of the girls falling out of touch. And Elizabeth was scared of being alone, so as soon as she came back she found her way back to Hanna, who to her surprise had befriended Mona Vanderwaal.

"Lizzie just came back too" Emily kept informed her newly arrived friend, unaware that their conversation was being heard "None really knows what happened to her, some people say she just left town, others say she started doing drugs...I don't really know, but she seems fine now"

Keyword, seems.

________________

"Han! Are you coming?" Elizabeth shouted outside of the school, besides Mona's car. Her blonde friend was walking down the stairs that lead out of the building.

"I'm going with Sean" she replied, gesturing at her boyfriend, resting on the side of his own car "I'll see you guys later!"

"Alright, see you later babe" the blonde haired teenager waved her friend goodbye and got into the driver's seat of Mona Vanderwaal's car, who had offered to give her a ride home.

"It sucks that your dad doesn't let you borrow his car" Mona complained "Not that it bothers me giving you a ride, but it sucks that you have to walk everywhere else"

"I did smash his car into a tree last time he let me borrow it" Arden replied, remembering the last time her father let her drive his car; she was coming home from a party and driving under the influence, she was lucky to only hit a tree, she herself only getting a few cuts form the broken glass. She looked trough the window, a concern expression all over her face; she didn't even remember the accident, just waking up in the hospital.

Mona saw her friend's mood change, she knew how much Elizabeth tried to bury her past —at least the parts that she remembered—, so, quickly, she changed the topic of the conversation, and started to tell her about all the gossips about the last few months that she had missed. Lizzie smiled sweetly at her; it was a true smile, one that she hadn't shown in a while. Mona was a great friend, it was a shame that it took her this long to realize.

"I think that's all" the teenager driving stated, after a long time talking, when suddenly another thought popped in her mind "Oh! I almost forgot! Ethan and Valerie broke up"

"Wait, what?" in all honesty, Lizzie didn't really care about the horrendous skirt that Amy had wore to class, or that Emma and Caroline had gotten into a fight; but the boy's name caught her attention "Why?"

"Rumors has it she cheated on him" Mona commented, pulling over once they arrived to the blonde's house.

"Are you kidding?" Elizabeth exclaimed, her mouth opining from the surprise "I thought Valerie had been in love with Ethan since, like, forever"

"Me too" Mona shrugged as she looked forward "Speaking of the devil" she gestured to the boy getting out of a black car, parked just in front of them; Ethan Crawford.

Elizabeth and him had been neighbors ever since the boy moved there when they were six years old. Despite the two of them living door to door, being the same age and attending to the same of school, they never became close. Sure, they would greet each other whenever they met at the street, mutually wish happy birthday to the other, sometimes walk together to school and vaguely talk about how their days were going, but nothing more, nothing deep.

"Thanks for the ride" Lizzie took her eyes off the boy and unbuckled the seatbelt, grabbing the purse that was resting on her legs.

"Anytime honey" her friend flashed her a bright smile "Just text me if you want me to pick you up tomorrow"

Elizabeth nodded with a smile, and watched as the girl drove away. Turning on her heels, she saw her neighbor who still hadn't gone inside his house. It's been a while since she last saw him, so the blond haired girl decided to talk to him.

"Hey" she greeted, walking towards him. The boy stopped at the sound of her voice, turning to find out who called for him. A tiny smile showed on his face as he saw the girl, narrowing his eyes since the sun light was hitting his face.

"Elizabeth Arden" he said with amusement in his voice "Didn't know you were back"

"I came back yesterday" she informed, finally getting to where he was standing "But I think you weren't home"

"I spent the night at a friend's house" he informed, as they started walking towards their houses; which were one right next to each other. As they walked, Elizabeth stepped into a paper that was lying on the ground. As soon as she picked it up and saw what it was, she regretted not living it in the pavement.

Alison Dilaurentis. Still missing. Would now be 16.

"Can't believe it's been a year" she muttered, mesmerized at the picture of her friend in the paper. She was smiling. None knew how much Elizabeth missed that smile.

"She's gone, but she's everywhere" Ethan sentenced.

"They are treating today like it's a celebration of something" Lizzie said with a disgusted face, unable to look away from the paper. They arrived at the girl's porch, taking a sit in the wooden rocker that was there "It makes me sick"

"I can't even imagine how you must be feeling" he admitted, giving her a sympathetic look. The blond haired girl finally looked up from Alison's picture, giving the boy next to her a teethless weak smile as a response for his words.

"So" she spoke, drastically changing the subject. She didn't feel like talking about her missing friend with Ethan, they weren't that close "I've heard you and Valerie broke up"

"Wow, you've only been back for a day and already caught up to everything" he leaned back with a soft laugh.

"Mona brought me to speed"  she shrugged with a smile; her arm resting on the back of the rocker, holding her head "What happened? You guys seemed good"

"You've been out of town for a while Lizzie" he sighed, running a hand through his hair "I guess we didn't work anymore"

"Sorry about that" she sincerely said. Ethan was a sweet a guy, the kind of boy every parent dream for their kid.

"It's fine" he waved her off  "I saw it coming for a while" He looked at the girl sitting next to him. They've never been close, and he would never admit it, but he missed seeing the girl around "How have you been, Elizabeth?"

The girl took a deep breath and sat straight, looking forward at nothing in particular.

"Well, despite what rumors say, I'm alive" she tried to light up the mood, letting out a short laugh, although it was quickly cut off.

"How was Seattle?" he wondered, making her frown. Seattle? "Your father said that you stayed at your aunt's house, 'cause you needed a break from Rosewood with everything that had happened with Ali and all" he explained, the girl's expression confirming that what Oliver said wasn't true, something the whole town had already assumed. Elizabeth rolled her eyes at the lame excuse her father offered "Nobody really believed it. They made up a lot of stories"

"Which one did you believe?" she wondered with a low voice, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Well, obviously not the one that said you were dead" he managed to crack a laugh from the girl, but just as the previous one, it was quickly cut off "I didn't pay much attention to the rumors honestly. People in this town love to gossip about things they have no idea of"

"Yeah, they do" she agreed, knowing how much Rosewood's citizens loved a gossip and minding others business "But come on, you must've wondered what happened to your sweet, beautiful neighbor" she flattered herself with a smile, making the boy laugh softly.

"I'll believe whatever story you are ready to tell" he assured with a shrug and a sweet smile, and she didn't say it, but she was beyond grateful for that.

The girl's phone rang inside her purse, breaking the comfortable silence that had formed between them. She checked it, guessing that it probably was her father wondered where she was. However, she froze at the text that showed up at her screen.

"Careful Libby, spill too much and he'll leave just like mommy did! — A"

Alison?

"Blue looks so good on you" Alison Dilaurentis complimented her friend. Elizabeth had come over to the Dilaurentis' house to spend the afternoon with Ali, and she was now in front of the mirror trying on her friend's clothes while the blonde lied in bed, admiring the rave haired  girl.

"This top is beautiful Ali" she admitted with a wide smile, walking over the bed and sitting besides her friend. Alison got up and reach at the drawer of her nightstand, getting a small box out of it.

"I've bought you something" she announced, sitting again crossed legged right in front of the other blonde haired girl "But don't tell the girls, I didn't get them anything"

"What is it?" Arden asked with excitement, bitting her smiling lip, as if she were a kid waiting to open the presents in Christmas' Day.

"Open it" the blonde extended her hand, handing her the black little box that was tied up with a red lace. Without hesitation, Elizabeth took the box and opened it, seeing two golden-ish necklaces each one with a heart hanging from them; a capital letter inscribed on them. A and L.

"A and L?" she wondered, confused but the smile never leaving her face.

"Yeah, our initials. This one" she said, taking the one with the letter A of the box "Is for you, A for Alison, so you always keep me close" The blonde crawled in the bed until she was behind her friend. Gently, she put her long, slightly curly blonde hair in her right side, letting the back of her neck free. She tied the necklace, and Elizabeth looked down at the beautiful heart with her best friend initial on it "Can you help me putting mine on?" the Dilaurentis girl asked with the most innocent look; one that made Elizabeth roll her eyes with amusement, as she didn't buy any of the sweet—innocent act Alison was so used to put on. She knew her better than that.

"Wait" she stopped herself, looking at the necklace that was supposed to have her initial inscribed on "My name doesn't start with and L"

"The name I gave you does" she simply answered, flashing her friend a smile and collecting her long blonde hair in her left side.

"What?" the teenager furrowed her eyebrows as she chuckled "Have you been into Jason's room and got intoxicated?"

The youngest Dilaurentis just laughed while shaking her head.

"You are my best friend out of all the girls" she stated, her hand caressing Elizabeth's cheek "I want to call you something special, different than the rest"

"Really? And what name is that?" she asked with a smirk, playing along.

"Libby. Don't you think is cute?"

"Elizabeth?" a slight shake of her arm and Ethan's deep voice brought her back from her walk down the memory lane.

"Sorry, what?" she asked, trying to focus on what the boy was saying and getting the sudden memory and text out of her mind.

Was that Ali? Was she back? Was this her sick and twisted way of letting her know that she was still here?

"You kind of spaced out, and you look a little pale. It's everything alright?" he worried.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine" she quickly lied, blocking her phone and getting up from the rocker "I uh, I should probably head inside" she stated, clearing her throat and trying to calm her racing mind.

Alison was the only person to ever call her that. She's also the only one that knew the real reason why her mother left.

Do her parents know that she's alive? Does Jason know? Is that actually her, or someone pulling a cruel and disgusting prank on her?

"Yeah, I should go home too" the boy mimicked Elizabeth's action and got up, grabbing his bag that he had previously left at the floor "I'll see you tonight"

"Tonight?" she questioned, the confusion clear in her voice and face.

"Yeah, your father invited us over for dinner" he commented, as if it were something obvious "Oh, he didn't tell you?"

"He didn't, no" she crossed her arms behind her body, feeling awkward. She didn't know that her father and the Crawfords had gotten that close "But he's had a busy day, he probably was gonna tell me now"

"Look if you are not in the mood, I could talk to my parents..." Ethan started saying, he didn't want to put the girl in a uncomfortable position; he figured her day had been already rough enough.

"No, no" she denied right away "It's fine, really"

"Alright then" he nodded with a shy smile.

"Soo" she lengthened the o "I'll see you tonight"

"See you tonight Lizzie" he waved bye and started walking towards his house.

Still a little deranged about the anonymous text she had gotten a few minutes ago, she searched for her keys and opened the door when she found them.

"Dad, I'm home!" she announced herself, closing the door and leaving the keys at the little table in the entrance.

"Where have you been?" Oliver Arden asked with an accusing tone, and with an emotionless face.

"School?" she answered, unsure about where the conversation was going.

"We have rules" her father reminded, walking closer to her "You are supposed to come back straight home from school"

"That's what I did" she replied obvious, gesturing at where she was standing "Does it look like I'm at the mall?"

"This is not funny Elizabeth" Eric reclaimed his daughter "You were late"

"God dad, I was just outside talking with Ethan" Lizzie explained. Ever since she came home, her father had been acting like a police officer around her. She hung her purse on one of the chairs, and started climbing the stairs to her room.

"Really? So, if I call Ethan, he will say that you two were together?" he crossed his arms, looking at his daughter, untrusting.

"Yes" the girl firmly replied, with disbelief on her face "You can ask him tonight, at the dinner you didn't tell me we were having. God have a little trust in me"

"How can you expect me to believe anything you say after what you put me through this pasts months?" the old man angrily spat.

After what you put me through. Of course the only thing that worried her father was how her situation reflected on him, and not the actual hell Elizabeth was walking through. She left out a wry laugh and walked up to her room, not wanting to continue the conversation. She took her shoes off, and tossed herself into her bed, with one question still wandering her mind.

Who the hell was A?

________________

"Heard Hanna got busted. She's at the police station" She read the text that Mona Vanderwaal just send her.

"What? What are they charging her with?" she quickly typed back. She always knew that it was only matter of time before Hanna's hobby got her in trouble, so this didn't catch this by surprise.

"What did I say about closing the doors?" Oliver barged in, opening Lizzie's bedroom door.

"Sorry" she muttered, blocking her phone and sitting straight on her bed.

"It's alright" he softened his voice, getting into the room "You know, I was thinking about going tomorrow to the club with Peter, maybe you could come"

"Dad, I don't do tennis" Lizzie replied; she didn't do any sport for that matter.

"It's nothing serious, just a friendly match" he tried to convince her, although everyone in Rosewood knew that it always was something serious with the Hastings "Spencer will be there"

"Spencer and I aren't close anymore" she reminded him. If you listened closely, you could hear a bit of sadness in her voice. Not that her father would notice.

"Maybe you should try to reconnect" he advised, and for a moment it seemed like he actually said for her daughter's well being "She's a good influence, and she has a good family"

And there was the Oliver Arden that she knew, he just worried about his reputation, and was well aware that being close with the Hastings brought it up, as they were a good respected family.

"I'll think about it" she carelessly said "Going to the club I mean" she clarified, although what she really me at to say was i'll think about an excuse to stay home and avoid an awkward situation with one of my ex best friends. That seemed to be good enough for Mr Arden, as he gave her a smile and started walking out of the room.

"Oh, another thing" he stopped, turning around to face his daughter again "Could you go to the store and grab some things for the dinner tonight?"

"Wow, you actually trust me to go to the store by myself?" she scoffed, getting up from the bed "Aren't you worried that I might take a little detour to meet with a dealer or something?"

"Elisabeth..." he said in a threatening tone, tired of the sarcastic attitude of his daughter "Just go to the store, please"

"Fine" she sighed, put on her shoes again and grabbed her phone and money.

________________

"Have you heard anything from her yet?" Elizabeth asked her friend Mona, who was at the other line of the phone "I've tried to call her but her phone is off"

"I haven't talked to her either" they didn't have any news about her blonde friend who was bought into the police station earlier that day "Maybe we should swing by her house later, check on her"

"I don't think I can make it" she sighed, knowing her father won't let her skip the friendly dinner, let alone go out.

"Your father?" Vanderwaal guessed.

"I think next time I get home one minute late from school his gonna put me an ankle monitoring device" she half joked, knowing Oliver, that thought had already crossed his mind. While walking home carrying the bags from the store, she started hearing sirens and seeing the red and blue lights from polices cars not far away. She looked into the direction the cars were going, and her heart shrunk for a second. They were going to Spencer's house "I have to go, call you later"

Without letting her friend answer, she hung up and started walking closer to the Hastings home. When she got there, she saw the tall, skinny, brunette silhouette of the person she once considered her close friend, and she left out a relief sighed, walking closer to her. It was then when she realized that the police weren't at Spencer's house. They were at Alison's.

"I think they found a body" Spencer said, staring at all the people that were at the Dilaurentis' backyard "I...I think they found Alison"

__________________

Elizabeth Arden was lying on her bed. Staring at the ceiling. Feeling empty. She hadn't cry yet, she hadn't speak to anyone. She hadn't done anything, just lay on her bed.

Deep down, she always knew that she was dead, but the finding of her lifeless body shattered every remaining hope she could've had. It didn't feel real. It felt like anytime now Alison was gonna walk through the door of her room and start telling her about the frat guy she met the other night.

She couldn't believe Alison Dilaurentis was really dead. Honestly, Elizabeth always thought that the first one to leave would be herself.

A knock on her open door obliged her to took her eyes of the ceiling, seeing her father standing there, leaning in the door frame.

"How are you feeling?" he wondered, with his arms crossed.

"Ali's dead" the words left her mouth as a cold whisper, without an ounce of sadness; or any other feeling. Once again, she stopped looking at her father and fixed her eyes on the ceiling.

"I know" the oldest Arden softly said, not leaving his position "I'm sorry"

Neither of them said anything else, falling into a somehow comforting silence.

"I called the Crawfords to cancel dinner" Oliver informed. Elizabeth had forgotten about the dinner "Maybe you should call your friends. Have them come over. I'm sure you all could use the company"

"I want to be alone right now" the teenager replied. She wasn't sure if she could move; grab her phone and call any of the girls. She wasn't sure if they'd pick up either. They weren't friends anymore; Alison's death didn't change that.

"If you need anything, I'm downstairs" he said, nodding, wanting to respect his daughter's wishes of being alone.

Feeling the heaviness of her body, she slowly got up from bed. It hurt. Moving, it hurt. And she knew what would ease the pain.

Her skin started to itch; and it didn't matter how much she scratched, the feeling wasn't going away. She started pacing around her room, trying to calm herself down, trying to think about something else than getting high.

Elizabeth walked up to her desk, grabbing her jewelry box and opening it. She took out everything that was in it, and then took out the false bottom of the jeweler, revealing another part of it. She used to stock some of the pills or joints there.

It was empty; she knew it would be empty but she opened it anyway. Just like she did with the second drawer of her nightstand, taking out all of the socks that were there, and with the purple bag that rested at back of her closet, under tons of t-shirts. Her father had made sure of throwing out every single pill Elizabeth ever had, every cigarette, everything.

"Fuck" she muttered, breathing heavily, and throwing her hands over her head.

What the hell was she doing?

She closed her eyes, squeezing them as she took deep breaths. She looked at a picture that she had of her and Ali on her nightstand, and without even thinking about it she threw it to the ground, the glass breaking in million pieces; just like her heart was doing.

All the emotions were coming to her in a sudden, and she didn't know how to manage them. The pillows of her bed ended up on the floor as well, in a clearly failed attempt to calm down. She threw herself at the floor, curling up besides her bed, hugging her legs close to her chest. She didn't want to feel all of this. She didn't want to feel any of this.

"Damn it Alison" she cursed under her breath, a single tear finally leaving her eyes.

______________

Walking down the aisle to the first row to attend her best friend's funeral wasn't something Elizabeth Arden had ever expected to have to do. As she walked, she kept looking at the picture of Alison that was hanging next to the coffin. It felt like it was Alison herself y looking directly at her.

She couldn't tore her eyes off the picture of the smiling teenager.

Elizabeth couldn't remember the last time they talked. Sure, it was the night she disappeared, and sure it was about who were they meeting that night. But she was so high back then than she didn't even remember the conversation, she just guessed. It was the last time she ever saw her best friend and she couldn't even remember it.

"Elizabeth, I'm so glad you came" Jessica Dilaurentis took her out of her trance, making her stop looking at the picture of Alison, her eyes now on her mother.

"Of course" Lizzie replied, trying her best to give the woman a sympathetic smile.

"It's good to have you back" she assured, looking at her and caressing her hair "You look so much like my Ali..." Elizabeth felt her stomach aching at those words "I asked the other girls to sit up front. It's what Alison would've wanted"

She just nodded, words unable to leave her mouth, as she continued to walk towards where Jessica had pointed, feeling Ali's eyes on her.

The blonde haired girl felt a hand intertwining with her own, and she took her eyes off the picture of her friend to see Hanna Marin holding her hand, offering her a weak, sad smile. She looked next to the girl, seeing the three other girls that used to be her friends sitting in the pew. The four of them moved a bit to their side, making room for to seat next to Hanna.

"Poor Ali" Emily Fields spoke; all of them looked afflicted, but Emily seemed to be the one taking it worse.

"Can you believe what a scene this is?" Hanna commented, looking around.

"Alison would have love it" Aria Montgomery added with a weak smile.

"Popular in life and death" Spencer muttered.

"That's immortality my darlings" Arden quoted their friend, all of them having a soft and genuine smile on her faces now.

The ring of Aria's phone broke the atmosphere in the room. She tensed up at the memory of the message she had gotten before.

"Someone we know?" Hanna curiously asked, although you could feel her worry on her voice.

"Just my mom" Montgomery replied, relieved. When she put her phone back on her purse, she looked at her friends, realizing what their worried expressions meant "Emily and I aren't the only ones who got messages from A, are we?"

The other four girls shook their heads. Whoever this A person was, she seemed to be watching them closely, and to know a lot of things the girls thought they kept like a secret.

"Guys" Spencer called, turning around, the girls mimicking her movement "Oh my God, is Jenna" Flashbacks of the last summer the six of them spent together came to Elizabeth's mind as they watched the blind girl entering the church. However, it was the boy that walked by her arm the one that caught Elizabeth's attention. Luke Marshall, Jenna's brother.

Their eyes met, and Luke's cold stare didn't leave Lizzie's eyes as he helped his sister sitting down a few rows behind them. Jessica Dilaurentis, followed by her husband and son, sat next to the girls.

"Did you see that Jenna Marshall was here?" Mrs Dilaurentis asked the girls, leaning closer to them; although Lizzie's eyes shifted to the young man sitting next to her "I didn't realize they were friends"

"They weren't" Arden answered, as she looked at a defeated Jason Dilaurentis, who didn't meet her gaze.

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away"

________________

The ceremony ended and the five girls exited the church, still dismayed and trying to process everything that happened. Jenna Marshall being back didn't help calming them down; her being back could only mean bad news. Elizabeth saw Jason Dilaurentis standing alone outside the church, while his parents spoke to the people that had attended the funeral. Their eyes met for a few seconds, but he looked the other way.

"Emily, Hanna, Aria, Elizabeth, Spencer" an unknown male voice called for the five girls, who stopped walking as the man approached them. As soon as he stopped in front of them, Lizzie lied her eyes on his companion, her eyes widened at the realization of who he was.

"Do we know you?" Spencer asked, with an accusing tone and crossing her arms. Elizabeth knew one of them, pretty good.

"Detective Wilden" he introduced himself, hading out a card with his information "And this is my partner, officer Clay Winslow. We understand you were all friends with the victim"

"Yeah, we were" Aria answered, with an untrusting look. Meanwhile, the Arden girl couldn't stop looking at the young brunette man that was trying to avoid her gaze at all costs.

"We are gonna need to talk to each one of you. This is no longer a missing persons investigation. It's a murder" he stated, the five girls looking at each other trying to hide their nervousness.

"Look, detective" Elizabeth spoke up, finally looking away from Clay "We just buried our friend and said good bye to her, forever. I believe that the best thing would be leaving the interrogation for another day, when there's an adult present"

Spencer gave her a small proud smile, while the detective kept looking between all of them.

"We'll find out what happened that summer" he assured, and gave the girls one final look before leaving.

"You don't think they knows about..."Aria started asking once Wilden was far away.

"No" Hanna quickly cut her off "How could he?"

Suddenly, all of their phones started ringing. They looked at each other, fear in their eyes.

"Oh my God" Emily spoke, reading the message.

"It's from..."

"Yeah. I got one too" Spencer added.

"I'm still here, bitches..." Elizabeth started reading

"And I know everything" — A.

here's chapter one!
thoughts so far?
also, I wanted to clarify
that english isn't my first language,
so i'm sorry for any mistakes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 1.8K 72
"My one secret...is you" Nothing ever stays a secret in Rosewood... especially not when a faceless tormentor knows all your secrets... OC x Jason Dil...
17.7K 522 45
With new lovers come new secrets
10.1K 641 15
𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒| ❝ was i such a fool? ❞ in which a group of girls reunited after their best friends confirmed death. or in which a rese...
2.3K 82 8
𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘈𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘎𝘪𝘭𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘺 𝘖𝘙 𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘈𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘎𝘪𝘭𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘤𝘦�...