Fate's Gambit 2 (Completed)

Af MarkyGalagate

Sequel/Part 2 Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 13

448 24 7
Af MarkyGalagate

Minerva had waited a few weeks to see how matters would progress before feeling she absolutely had to say something, Hogwarts now had six second year students performing magic without the aid of structured spells. She asked the Potters if they cold wait behind after class for a couple of minutes, their friends were reluctant to leave but she assured them that no one was in any trouble.

Once they were alone Minerva got right down to business, "I couldn't fail to notice that both Mr Longbottom and Miss Bones are now also using unstructured spells, I was wondering if there was a particular reason you haven't taught anyone else but your three friends?"

"There is a very good reason Headmistress, it would probably be easier explained if you allowed us to demonstrate the point, we promise to keep it quiet." Minerva had no idea what Lady Hermione meant but decided to go along with it for now, she nodded her agreement.

She was suddenly afraid for what she'd agreed to as Minerva found she couldn't move a muscle, her clothes were transformed to those of a ballerina as she gently floated a few feet off the ground. No one in the castle would ever believe the sight of Minerva McGonagall dressed like a figurine from a musical jewellery box, complete with pink tutu, slowly spinning around in the air, totally helpless.

Hermione spoke calmly as if this was an everyday occurrence, "The reason for this demonstration Headmistress is to let you see the power and abilities performing magic by this method can give to a witch or wizard, we know that all three of us are above average in terms of raw magical power but this gives us so much more control. Should you or the ministry check our wands no spell would actually show up, the point being should we wish to harm you, we don't need to know restricted spells or complicated wand movements, we just tell our magic what we want it to do and there would be no record of us casting any spell."

McGonagall was gently lowered and her attire returned to normal before the body bind was released, Luna finished the explanation, "We only teach this to people we trust, can you imagine what would happen if someone like Malfoy could use his magic like this?"

Harry took over to finish making their point, "Grandfather has informed us that the reason structured spells are taught is to control the type of magic learned by students, no one needs to know curses that turn people inside out but we could probably do it without needing the restricted information."

Minerva couldn't really disguise the shiver of dread that ran down her spine, "So the potential for performing dark magic is increased using is method?"

Hermione shook her head in disgust, she'd missed the whole point and just latched onto the one fact, "No Headmistress, the potential for dark magic comes from within, the difference here is that you don't have to search for dark curses to perform the magic. We won't teach this to just anyone and the only other candidate we're considering at the moment is Hannah Abbot. Hedwig would soon inform us if we were teaching the wrong person how to use their magic this way."

Minerva took a lot of comfort from the fact that any potential candidates for learning this technique were going to be screened by a white phoenix. Dreams of teaching this method to all first years crashed and burned with the realisation that the first confrontation between Slytherin and Gryffindor could turn lethal, eleven-year-olds with the power to kill each other was not something she could contemplate teaching.

"Now I understand and totally support your stance as well as your choices of the people you're sharing this technique with, all three of your friends are from what would be considered 'light' families. The thought of someone like Mr Malfoy being able to do this would prevent me sleeping at night, I also realise you could have literally and legally have taken him apart and as Headmistress I thank you for showing restraint in your duel."

"We didn't want to reveal too much but had he fired a curse at either Hermione or Luna then the time for restraint would be over, Malfoy has had all the warnings he's going to get so if the idiot hasn't learned his lesson by now then that will be his problem."

Minerva could see the determination in Harry's eyes and couldn't really fault his reasoning, she changed the subject onto a happier one, "I understand that Christmas will see an extra special celebration for you three this year?"

This got both girl's minds firmly focused on something else, "Oh yes, we're going to be bridesmaids as mum and Sirius get married on Christmas Eve, though they haven't decided on where to hold the ceremony yet. Everyone is also looking forward to the Quidditch game and Sirius hopes you'll excuse him for supporting Hufflepuff against Gryffindor."

Minerva's stern demeanour actual cracked as a smile played on her lips, "As I'm no longer head of Gryffindor you can tell that scoundrel he's safe from me on that account, the match certainly has caught the imagination and we've been inundated with ticket requests. This game will undoubtedly have the biggest crowd in Hogwarts history and I'm told that you three are partially responsible, Wood's went a shade of green when he heard you and Miss Tonks were playing for Hufflepuff, I must say I'm really looking forward to the match myself."

The Potters were quite aware McGonagall had changed the subject but then everything had already been said about Malfoy that needed to be said, Hermione knew if he'd managed to get his wand out and mutter a curse Harry would have been unstoppable, just as she and Luna would be if someone attacked their husband. "Yes headmistress it should be a good game, as you know we're very friendly with the three Weasleys on the team and the Gryffindor chasers are all nice too, Oliver is ok but he just takes the game far too seriously. It will be a tough but fair game and our friends will still be our friends after it."

Minerva now sported a fully fledged smile, "With that attitude the sorting hat really couldn't have put you anywhere else but Hufflepuff, this may not be something you're comfortable with but three Potters in the house some considered a dumping ground has really raised the Badger's profile. That combined with the three students currently having to repeat first year and them being members of Slytherin and Gryffindor are changing a lot of peoples minds about your house, I've really never seen Professor Sprout so proud of her puffs as she has been this term. You three have had a really positive effect on Hogwarts and for that you have my thanks."

The trio were blushing s they left the transfiguration class to say cheerio to their friends, Hedwig appeared to flash them away as Wyedean High wouldn't wait for them.

-oOoOo-

The Potters decided to take a massive risk for Luna's birthday, not only were they inviting their non magical friends to the manor but having their magical friends attend as well. Their Wyedean friends were starting to ask questions that they couldn't really answer so the Potters were going to invite them here for the very first time while allowing them to mix with their other friends. The only thing not on the menu that Cas was preparing was magic, with Luna's birthday so close to Halloween they took this opportunity to have a fancy dress party. With the Manor being decorated in this manner they were hoping that any magic accidently revealed could be covered up by claiming it was a Halloween gag.

What Luna wanted most was to stop hiding things from their non magical friends, while Harry would give his wives anything, this was not possible so they had to settle for the next best thing, introducing them to the manor and their other friends.

Hermione had explained more of their situation to their close friends, "Harry's parents and Luna's dad didn't die in an accident, they were murdered while my dad was killed in a car crash that nearly claimed my mother as well. This is the reason we don't talk much about our home, we have security there you wouldn't believe. Please make sure you bring your invitations with you as they also act as a security pass and Remus will be picking you all up wherever you want."

Matt wasn't sure what he was hearing here, "Hermione you talk as if the murderers are still on the loose and looking for you?" when she just stared back at him without saying a word his eyes nearly popped out his head as her silence answered the question, "Holy shit!" he whispered.

Donna defused the situation with her wit, "I know a few people who thought, since it was fancy dress, this party would be easy to cash, should I dissuade them from the attempt?"

Hermione had the image of the tin man, cowardly lion and scarecrow traipsing around the countryside, trying to find Potter Manor and had to laugh, "If you don't get picked up by Remus, with a genuine invitation then you won't gain entry, our security is the best there is."

All in they had invited twelve people from Wyedean, leaving some upset but they couldn't really keep their eye on many more.

Their magical friends who frequently stayed at the manor were now well versed in the muggle world and could easily pass their OWL, along with the half-dozen adult members of their family, Nym and Cas they should be able to cope with just about anything. The three Weasleys, Susan and Cedric, Neville and, since getting to know her from sharing classes, Hannah Abbot was now added to their list. Ginny's two dorm mates were most upset at not receiving invitations but the Potters couldn't understand that one as Luna didn't even know their names. They were far more likely to invite the three Gryffindor chasers but having six of their Quidditch team here so close to the match would probably have melted Oliver's brain as he worried about scenario's that had the Hufflepuffs arranging for his team to lose.

All that was left to do was hope for the best but plan for the worse, and both Potter ladies setting time aside to have important conversations with the marauders and a set of red headed twins, explaining in very simple terms that any magical pranks would see them respond appropriately. Neither Remus, Sirius, Fred or George knew what 'appropriately' meant but had no intention of finding out, they would be on their best behaviour.

-oOoOo-

Matt was really pleased with his Batman costume, Jamie as the Flash in honor of Harry's lightning bolt scar but both boys eyes nearly popped out their head when they spied the girls. They had decided between them on a superhero theme and Claire looked stunning as Batgirl, Donna to be different was Poison Ivy but Jillian's Wonder Woman costume had Matt wondering how he would survive the night without drooling all over her. He'd always had a thing for Jillian but wouldn't say a word while she was chasing after Harry, perhaps tonight was the time to speak to her, hiding behind a mask might just be enough to give him the courage he needed.

They were all getting picked up at Matt's and had clothes and coats covering their costumes until they got there, for Jillian's sake he hoped Harry's place had the heating on.

As Remus drove the minibus through the gates and along the drive, the friends got their first view of Potter Manor, and what a view. The building had beautiful lighting illuminating its exterior, while the lights from inside shone through long regency windows creating a spectacular sight in the middle of the countryside.

Donna let out a long low whistle, "Ok, never seen that coming, this looks like some Lord's country manor."

Remus couldn't hide his grin, "This is the ancestral home of the Potter's and Harry will become Lord Potter when he reaches his maturity." He wasn't lying; Remus just wasn't telling them that Harry reached his maturity at eleven.

All of them walked up the stairs and into the entrance hall with their jaws hanging open, trying to understand how their friends who lived here could appear so normal and attend Wyedean High.

The birthday girl was waiting for them with her two companions, all dressed as Athos, Porthos and Aramis, Donna couldn't help but roll her eyes in amusement when she first saw them, "Oh that's about as subtle as this house, the Three Musketeers, 'all for one and one for all' we get the message!"

Her humour quickly broke the embarrassed silence that had been building when they realised just how wealthy their friends were, "Some place you got here Potter," drawled Matt.

Harry indicated his costume, "Yes I know it's not a patch on Wayne Manor but its home to us!"

Claire was looking all around her, "Shit Harry, if I'd known you were this rich I would have come as D'Artagnan!"

That started Luna laughing and as she had the most infectious laugh any of them had ever heard they were soon all chuckling away as Harry led them towards the room set aside to be non magical and introduced them to their friends from the other school.

The movie night influence was clear to see on the magical brethren, Fred and George were Han Solo and Luke Skywalker though Ginny had point blank refused to be Princess Leia and resisted all attempts to transform her into R2-D2, she got her revenge by pointing out to Hermione that George's Lightsabre actually had a purple beam that came out of the handle and the whole thing was powered by magic. It was promptly confiscated with the promise that she would order one as part of Harry's Christmas, Ginny had decided on the character of Dorothy because she felt as if the Potters had entered her life like a twister and whisked her off to a different world.

Cedric and Susan had went for the more traditional Arthur and Guinevere, figuring they could deal with any questions better while Neville surprised them all with his Sonic costume, Angelina, Alicia and Katie had helped him with it as he didn't know you could actually hire things like that, Hannah was dressed as Athena, again a safe bet if she were asked any questions by the Potter's muggle friends, she had considered having an owl sitting on her shoulder but thought that might be taking things a shade too far.

The entire room was decorated for Halloween and the stereo was blasting out tunes for people to dance to, with low lighting and some hired disco lights the effect was completed by the hired dry ice machine providing a covering of smoke along the floor.

"Wow you guys, this is fantastic!" Jillian enthused.

"It had to be to match that costume of yours, Wonder Woman, it's a wonder your mother let you out dressed like that!" Hermione answered, noticing Jillian blush.

"My mother thinks I'm dressed as Minnie Mouse, she still treats me as if I'm nine but luckily she's at her sisters."

Matt appeared at her arm, "Well I think we can safely say you defiantly aren't nine anymore, would you like to accompany me while we go in search of some food?"

Harry tried not to laugh as Wonder Woman left on the arm of Batman towards the dining room where Cas had set up a buffet, the table was covered in all types of food with the only lighting being the multiple pumpkin lanterns around the room. Matt noticed the imitation bats gliding around the room on wires as the absurdity of what he was doing made him laugh and totally relaxed him, the worse that could happen was she said no.

Jillian noticed Matt laughing and asked him what was so funny, his reply stunned her, "Well Batman was trying to work up enough courage to ask Wonder Woman if she would go on a date with him when the flying bat brought home the absurdity of the situation, sorry but I've been fretting about this for ages and I think the pressure just got to me, either that or I would like to plead temporary insanity."

Jillian tried to keep a straight face as she looked into Batman's eyes, "So you think it's insane to ask me out?"

"Oh no, I've wanted to do that for such a long time, waiting until we're both in these costumes is the bit that's nuts, Would Miss Jillian White like to go on a date with Mr Matt Dawson this Saturday?"

He waited with bated breath on an answer as it all appeared to be going pear shaped, "Oh Matt, I'm sorry but I've arranged to do something with my mum this weekend that I can't get out off, any other time and the answer is most definitely yes!"

Batman kissing Wonder Woman might not make the headlines but it was big news in their circle of friends as everyone was happy for them.

Hermione watched as Clair and Donna chatted to the twins, the red heads were staying in character but with their own inimitable style, otherwise they could have come across as a couple of geeks, she also noticed Nym rather appropriately dressed as a policewoman keeping a close eye on the situation, it was beginning to look as if the might actually pull this off.

The food and dancing went down a treat as a good time was had by all, the only unexplained incident was when Danni, also appropriately dressed as a little devil, decided she wanted one of the flying bats and summoned it to her hand. Harry quickly had another one fly around Emma and land on her shoulder, leaving the impression that these things were designed to do that. Auntie Em had thought it was ironic that she came as the Wicked Witch of the West, considering that she was the only non witch living in the manor. Sirius and Maia were Mr and Mrs Frankenstein though no amount of coaxing could get Remus to dress as the wolfman, Cas in a maid's outfit had the magical users sniggering at the joke while the Tonks as Bonnie and Clyde were in direct contrast to their daughter.

Seeing Neville in his Sonic costume trying to dance with one of their muggle friends classified the entire evening as a resounding success, both sets of friends mixed really well though Susan danced with no one but Cedric but that was certain to be the case no matter the company.

Watching Luna's smile as everyone said what a great night they had was worth all the planning and living on their nerves all night, it felt as if there was hope both their worlds could co-exist, in the muggle side at least.

It was three very happy Potters who eventually fell asleep in each others arms that night.

-oOoOo-

Draco was having an argument with himself, and he was losing.

"If I do this hundreds of people could die!"

"What do we care, most of them have insulted us in one way or another. Remember Potter and his wives will be there."

"I don't have a problem with seeing their dead bodies lying on the ground, what if some of my friends die?"

"What friends? We don't have any friends, the only person in this castle that talks to us is Pansy, if she dies it clears the way for a betrothal with someone more suitable. We need someone who can help us reach our goal, someone with influence, money and preferably big tits!"

"That sounds great but why do I have to kill so many people?"

"We are beginning a new world here, this is the starting point, after this the magical world will never be the same again. We're going to bring it to its knees before commencing to help it stand tall again, the name Malfoy will be at the forefront of the brave new world and synonymous with success. We will be the figure that eventually leads our world in the direction we want it to go."

"Again why do I have to kill so many…" and the argument went on.

-oOoOo-

Ron found himself in the same dilemma as Greg and Vince, there was no way they could shout for his house and if Gryffindor won his little sister would be hailed as the hero, not something he could look forward to. Their other option was not attractive to them either as the three Potters were on the Hufflepuff team, it was a strange experience to be sitting there not knowing who to root for.

The stadium was packed with even the temporary stands that had been erected especially for this game full to capacity as the much anticipated match time rapidly approached.

In the Hufflepuff dressing room Cedric was getting himself all tongue tied as he tried to deliver his pre match motivational team talk when Harry spoke, "Cedric you have done everything you possibly could for this team, lets just go out there and enjoy ourselves, win or lose Susan will still be waiting to deliver a kiss at the end of the match."

Cedric took a deep breath and smiled, "Thanks Harry, I needed a reality check there before I turned into Oliver Woods. Time for some honesty here, we originally expected to get slaughtered today, lets go out and do as suggested, play the game because we love it and the result will look after itself. Harry, with that attitude never doubt you're a Hufflepuff!"

The team flew out to tremendous applause as Lee Jordan began his commentary, the three Potters flew past the stand containing their family and couldn't miss little Danni, jumping up and down on Emma's knee and dressed from head to toe in Hufflepuff colours.

The game was played at a blistering pace that had the crowd in raptures the second Madam Hooch tossed in the Quaffle, after fifteen minutes Hufflepuff were fifty-forty up as the score was see-sawing back and forth when Luna suddenly stopped, Harry and Hermione were at her side in seconds and Nym wasn't far behind.

Woods was screaming at his chasers to keep scoring but the girls could see something was clearly wrong and headed over to offer assistance, the four beaters and both seekers were speeding there as well.

Luna couldn't believe what she was seeing but her gift had never been wrong before, only the extreme danger to her family had kicked it into action so soon, "Guys, someone is leading the biggest bloody Basilisk in the whole world right into this stadium, we have at best thirty seconds before it gets here."

Hedwig appeared but Harry pleaded with her, "Listen girl I know you want to help but the best thing you could do would be to get Emma and Danni out of here, I can't even think straight knowing they're in danger, please girl!"

The white phoenix gave a mournful cry before flashing away, she knew how much her chicks loved their sister and they would need to have their wits about them to come through this.

Harry squared his shoulders, "Ok we need suggestions fast as our families in the stands are sitting ducks."

"Smoke!"

"Hermione we're too young and those things will kill you!" Harry suddenly had an image in his head of Luna's party and the smoke covering the floor, "Remind me to kiss you later love! We need to make sure people can't see this thing or they're dead."

Thick smoke started belching out the Potter's wands, the Weasleys, Nym and Cedric caught on instantly and imitated their friends with the rest, seeing the serious faces all around them, started to do the same.

When Hedwig grabbed Emma and Danni, the family knew it was deadly serious and all drew their wands, seeing what the Quidditch teams were doing they were soon emulating the fliers and pouring smoke into the arena, Hannah, Neville and Susan were doing the same and encouraging everyone near them to do likewise.

Draco didn't want to be seen so he led the basilisk towards the stadium and let it go over the last rise by itself, the creature slithered right into a bank of dense smoke but could still navigate by the amount of noise and smells emanating from her target.

"This will only buy us a moment, we're going to have to take out those eyes."

"Luna that will take too much out of you, it's way too dangerous."

"Hermione our family is in that stand, nothing is too dangerous as far as that's concerned but it has to be now."

Harry made the decision, "Let's go, guys keep up the smoke until you see us hit the beast."

The three flew in a tight formation with Luna in the middle, trying to 'see' the Basilisk's actions, projecting them to her bond mates while flying and getting ready to fight a battle was immensely draining for the little blond witch. They flew in like fighter pilots on a strafing run with Luna as the airborne radar lining up their target and sending it to the fighters. Going at full speed with precision flying and pinpoint accuracy they each fired four rapid blasting curses which destroyed the beast's deadly eyes.

Unfortunately this also wiped out the last of Luna's reserves as she passed out, Harry and Hermione grabbed an arm each but all they could do was land as gently as circumstances allowed, having fed as much energy as they possibly could into Luna left them severely drained also.

The smoke output stopped as the Basilisk's tortured cries rang around the stadium, the beast was thrashing about in agony after having its eyes blasted apart, the spectators and the fliers got their first look at what the Potters had attacked and the panic started.

People were screaming as it seemed to be heading straight for the Potters but Nym had other ideas and flashed passed them, firing curses at the creature's head to force it in another direction, the twins, Ginny and Cedric were right on her bristles, pouring curses at the giant snake. Cas and Hedwig appeared beside the trio at the same time as Harry held the unconscious Luna in his lap, "Hedwig get us home, Cas we need Maia and her potions."

They had no sooner left the field when Amelia Bones amplified voice boomed out over the stadium, "Fliers, get out of there now, everyone who can perform a basting curse, on the count of three fire at its head, one, two, three!"

Basilisk skin is extraordinarily resistant to magic but no living creature will survive upwards of five hundred blasting curses striking simultaneously, its head was turned to mush as the giant body underwent the creature's death throes.

The celebratory cheering was almost as explosive as the combined blasting curses though few in the crowd yet realised just how close death had come to calling.

Molly Weasley was sobbing in relief, she had been immensely proud watching her three children play but when they attacked that beast to drive it away from their friends, her heart had been in her mouth. When Madam Bones had ordered blasting curses, Molly had put everything she had into it and suspected all the parents had done the same, the beast never stood a chance against that multitude and ferocity of spells.

Cas had grabbed Maia and vanished, leaving Sirius, Remus, Andi and Ted racing for the exit to get outside the wards and apparate to the manor, after helping blast the head of that thing of course!

Rumours of what the creature actually was were sweeping the stadium, that is those who didn't directly hear Hagrid's incredibly loud voice proclaiming, "That's a Basilisk, that is. Can kill you just by looking at you, that's why the Potters went for the eyes. Could've killed hundreds that thing could!"

Ginny headed straight for Amelia, "Madam Bones, Luna said someone was leading that thing towards the stadium, it didn't just turn up here by accident."

Amelia could see immediately that was the only explanation that made any sense, why else would the gigantic mythical beast turn up out of nowhere at the biggest event on the Hogwarts calendar? They were once more indebted to, and desperately needing to speak with the Potters. She thanked Ginny before heading straight for the Headmistress.

"Minerva we don't know where that thing came from or, Merlin forbid, if there are any more of them about. I think we need to shut the school for a few days while we have it searched from top to bottom. Meanwhile my department needs to investigate who was controlling the beast, someone intended for there to be a large body count here today and I want them found."

She then cast sonorus before addressing the stadium again, "Everyone please stay in your seats until the aurors can establish that the threat is over, we will let you know what is happening shortly, please be patient and we'll give you more information as soon as we get it."

Shacklebolt had heard what the Weasley girl said and borrowed a broom to fly in the direction that the Basilisk appeared from, he was figuring something that size had to leave a trail which would indicate where it came from. He also noticed Lord Black's party heading outside the wards and being joined by the Tonks girl on her broom, considering they had four children playing in that match, all of whom had attacked the beast, Shack reckoned if anyone was above suspicion it was them.

A sixty-foot Basilisk did indeed leave a track in the grass, all the way to the castle, there may indeed have been someone leading the creature but since this was the route all the students had taken to the match it would be impossible to pick out one set of footprints.

He headed back to give both his bosses the bad news, until the castle was extensively searched it would have to be considered too dangerous to let any children return there.

-oOoOo-

Hedwig flamed them back to the manor where a hysterical toddler pounced on them, Luna was still out and lying in Harry's lap while Hermione rested her head on his shoulder. Danni shouted 'Lulu' before cuddling into her unconscious big sister, her sobs racking her little body.

Harry was running his hand through the toddler's hair, trying to offer some comfort while mentally preparing himself to deal with a silently hurting Emma. "We're exhausted but ok, I'm really sorry for treating you that way Emma but the thought of Danni in danger was terrifying us to the point where we couldn't function, we had to get her safely away."

Emma was now on her knees beside them, taking Harry's head in her hands she gently kissed him, "Harry thank you for looking after all my girls, you kept the three of them safe and I couldn't ask for any more than that from my son."

Cas appeared with a very worried Maia, "Luna drained herself to allow us the chance to fight that thing, we could sure use some potions to help get our energy levels back up."

Hermione was almost sleeping on Harry's shoulder and he wasn't much better so Maia took charge, "I think you need a few hours rest before we think about administering any potions, the last thing you want just now is artificial energy buzzing about your system. Cas, can you put them to bed please?"

Danni refused to let go of Luna and had been crying so hard she needed a sleep herself so the four of them were soon asleep in the giant bed while Emma, Maia and Cas hovered over them.

The rest of the family came racing up the staircase to find the three Potters sleeping with little Danni holding Luna but lying across Harry and Hermione, they weren't getting away from her again.

Dobby popped in with refreshments as they all settled down to wait, "Luna said that thing was a Basilisk and someone was leading it, where the hell did it come from?" Nym asked.

"What the bloody hell is a Basilisk and what happened after I left?" Emma asked, she'd gone from having an enjoyable afternoon to being snatched right out of her seat by Hedwig. Even Danni realised this meant something was very wrong which is why the child was in such a state.

Remus answered her, "A Basilisk is the king of snakes whose venom has no antidote, this one was about sixty foot long but that's not the worst of it, one look into its eyes instantly kills you."

Emma had tears rolling down her cheeks as she realised why they had to get Danni away, but then they'd stayed to fight that monster?

Maia continued the tale, "They created smoke to hide its eyes before Luna used her abilities and the three of them flew in there like avenging angles and blasted the creature's eyes apart. Luna then collapsed and the other two barely managed to get her safely on the ground, it was heading straight for them until Nym led an attack by broom and, with the rest of their friends, held it back long enough for Hedwig to get them out of there. After that Cas grabbed me but I assume the beast was dealt with."

"Oh it was dealt with," Sirius confirmed, "Bones took charge and ordered the fliers away while the crowd opened fire on its head, trust me it was well and truly dealt with!"

His mirror went of in his pocket and he activated it to see George with all their friends trying to peer over his shoulders, "Sirius, how are they? We're worried sick here!"

Sirius couldn't help but think that these three had really great friends on both sides of the divide, "They're exhausted but will be fine, all three are sleeping and will be for the foreseeable future, what's happening there?"

"It's looking like the beast came from the castle so there is a very good chance we'll all be sent home via Hogsmead. Susan says her aunt is desperate to talk with them but I will pass on the message that they are unavailable at the moment. Tell them Cedric and their two beaters had to be pulled off Woods after he tried to claim Gryffindor won because they stopped playing, good job Nym had left by that point or he would really have been in trouble, that boy takes his Quidditch far too seriously."

Nym had went to her room to change out of her Quidditch gear and just caught the end of the conversation, "I'll bet the prat never left his hoops during the whole battle, probably thinks it was some ploy by us to win the game!"

George's laughter told them all she'd guessed correctly, "If Cedric was like that we would never have played for him."

"McGonagall is livid so I think he's in trouble when we come back, if we get to come back."

That was a sobering thought for Nym, she needed her NEWT's to become an auror, totally unaware that she'd impressed the hell out of the head of DMLE with her actions today, a quick word with her niece to discover the girls chosen career path and an application form would be winging its way to the would be auror.

-oOoOo-

Fate was not a happy bunny, that irresponsible Chance could have seen hundreds killed before their time and who knows what that would have done to the world, not so much the butterfly effect but more like an elephant dropped from great height effect, the ripples would have been enormous.

She was going to terminate that little blond shit with extreme prejudice, his new master always was a conceited bastard so she would use that to bring him down, the disgraced name of Malfoy would be removed forever by the death of its only heir.

That just left her to deal with Chance, she couldn't kill him, much as she'd like to but as long as people believed 'there's always a Chance' then she couldn't get rid of him. She would have to think of a suitable punishment where the dice were so heavily loaded that Chance didn't come into it.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

76.8K 1.5K 89
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts ready to start a new life at school, she's fallen in love but it comes with way more challenges than she expected. Will they...
23.2K 894 16
eΒ·theΒ·reΒ·al /Ι™ΛˆTHirΔ“Ι™l/ adjective extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world. a short story in which venus adler fal...
1.8K 36 15
Still working on the description hehe
14.3K 124 27
Share, comment & Heart Please! β™₯