Another Like Me - Part I (CoT...

Av Creepsies

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. The prodigal genius of the 4th Generation White Room, feared and respected among those wh... Mer

Chapter 00 - Prologue
Chapter 01 - The Beginning
Chapter 02 - Manabu Horikita
Chapter 03 - Class Test
Chapter 04 - Reveal
Chapter 05 - Preparation
Chapter 06 - Kikyo Kushida
Chapter 07 - Midterms
Chapter 08 - Ken Sudo
Chapter 09 - Witness
Chapter 10 - Platinum
Chapter 11 - Hearing
Chapter 12 - Trap
Chapter 13 - Speranza
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 1
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 2
Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 3
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 4
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 5
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Special Test, Part 6
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Special Test, Finale
Chapter 21 - No Break
Chapter 22 - The Zodiac Exam, Part 1
Chapter 23 - The Zodiac Exam, Part 2
Chapter 24 - The Zodiac Exam, Part 3
Chapter 25 - The Zodiac Exam, Finale
Chapter 26 - Another Like Me
Chapter 27 - Dictator
Chapter 28 - Natural Genius
SS.1 - Standards (Chiaki Matsushita)
SS.2 - The Man Behind The Mask (Kikyo Kushida)
Chapter 29 - Shadows
Chapter 30 - Strength Test
Chapter 31 - Reconnaissance
Chapter 32 - Double-Edged Sword
Chapter 33 - The Curtain Rises
Chapter 34 - Foul Play
Chapter 35 - Theatrics
SS.3 - An Aura of Mystery (Ryuji Kanzaki)
Chapter 35.5 - Gossip (?) [Bonus]
Chapter 36 - Classroom of the Elite
Chapter 37 - Final Leg
Chapter 38 - Exposed, Part 1
Chapter 39 - Exposed, Part 2
Chapter 39.5 - The Student Council
Chapter 40 - Loyal Junior
Chapter 40.5 - Confession
Chapter 41 - The Negotiator
SS.4 - Siding With The Winner (Masayoshi Hashimoto)
Chapter 42 - Striking Gold
Chapter 43 - Rewind
Chapter 44 - The Paper Shuffle
Announcement - [1]
Chapter 44.5 - Teacher Troubles
Chapter 45 - Bookworm
Chapter 46 - Backroom Deal
Chapter 47 - Queen
Chapter 47.5 - Quest [Bonus]
Chapter 48 - Man With A Plan
Chapter 50 - Possibilities
Chapter 51 - Provocation
Chapter 52 - Realization
Announcement - [2]
Chapter 53 - Submission
Chapter 54 - Retaliation
SS.5 - The Greater Good (Shiina Hiyori)
SS.6 - Fearless (Sakayanagi Arisu)
SS.7 - Hot Guys (Mori Nene)
Random One Shot 1 - Kiryuin Fuka
Question - [1]
Announcement - [3]
Random One Shot 2 - Ichinose Honami
Chapter 55 - Tail
Chapter 56 - Cold Reading
Chapter 57 - Family
Chapter 58 - Camouflage
Chapter 59 - Rokusuke Kouenji
Chapter 59.5 - Trust
Chapter 60 - True Defeat
Chapter 61 - Suspicion
SS.8 - Friends (Kikyo Kushida)
Chapter 62 - Date?
Chapter 63 - Operation Peri-Peri [Bonus]
Chapter 64 - Date!
Chapter 65 - Playboy
Chapter 66 - Reveal 2.0
Chapter 67 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 68 - The End of the Beginning
Chapter 68.5 - Desire
Chapter 69 - Epilogue
Another Like Me, Part II (Teaser)
Part II is Out!

Chapter 49 - Study Groups

3.7K 198 60
Av Creepsies

Ever since the results had been announced, several study groups had been formed by the class, with the top honor students leading most of them.

And with me being an honor student, I had to lead a study group as well, which currently consisted of Maya Sato, Chiaki Matsushita, Kei Karuizawa and Ruri Ichihashi. I moved off Inogashira-san to Hirata's group, because she had most of her closer friends there. Even the environment in which you study makes a huge difference to your grades.

Also, Kiyotaka wanted me to take over Karuizawa-san and her partner Ichihashi-san's studying, because he doesn't want her to somehow get expelled because of this exam.

Which also made me his relentless source of teasing.

I've been trying to get under his skin for forever now, but he doesn't even budge. I eventually started getting annoyed myself. It's fun to tease someone only if they look like they're not liking it. Kiyotaka doesn't even have a reaction. I've been shipping him with Karuizawa-san and Sato-san for like forever now, and he remains as stoic as those Russian voodoo dolls.

Also, it was a bit strange how hard Chiaki struggled with me to be put into my study group. For some reason, Kei Karuizawa had been against me this whole time, and had been supporting Chiaki in her endeavor to join my group. I eventually had to let the 2 of them in, but I still don't know what got over them.

Kiyotaka had been put into the study group consisting of Yukimura, Hasebe and Miyake. Ike had initially been a part of the group, since he was paired with Yukimura, but he backed out at the end because he 'didn't like the group'.

Now I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Miyake and Yukimura are pretty peaceful people, and Hasebe-san had been voted to have the biggest assets in class. I have no idea why someone like Ike would give up this opportunity, but he sauntered over to Kushida's group instead.

Get a load of this simp.

Either way, it didn't really matter. As long as Ike and Yamauchi were at least studying, I didn't really care which group they went to. Moreover, they'd actually more likely be studying with Kushida if not anyone else in the class. It was a win-win situation.

I didn't worry about Sudo anymore, because Horikita was the one who was taking care of him. As long as Horikita was around, I believe Sudo would continue to improve upon his weak points and try as hard as possible. Apparently love does that to you.

I don't know what that feels like.

"Yo Kei-chan, what are you zoning out for?"

I felt a light tap on my head, and I turned to see Chiaki and Ichihashi staring at me curiously.

"Maybe you shouldn't call me 'Kei-chan' here," I said in a bored voice.

"Huh!? Why!?" The way Chiaki responded would be comparable to how horror movie protagonists continue to move into the haunted house, and then are surprised when they actually find the ghost.

"No, I meant that Karuizawa-san's first name is Kei as well," I cleared the misunderstanding. "It would become confusing."

"Oh, that's right!" Karuizawa woke up from her slumber. "I completely forgot!" 

"Oh..... oh. Right," Chiaki said uncertainly, like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

"Now that everyone's here, can we start?" I asked. Everyone nodded vigorously, and I pulled out a bunch of textbooks from my bag, and everyone else did the same as well.

Sato-san was sitting to my right, while Chiaki was sitting to my left. We were on a round table, and Karuizawa and Ichihashi were opposite to me.

I felt a slight nudge from my right, and I looked over at Sato-san.

"Hey, Takeyama-kun. Can I ask you something?"

"..... is it related to what we're doing?"

"No, umm..... it's..... something else." She lowered her voice to a whisper, but I could clearly see Karuizawa occasionally glancing at my direction. Were they in this together, whatever it was?

"Go ahead."

"Actually, umm..... you're..... close to Ayanokoji-kun, right?"

Ahh. Ayanokoji-kun. The absolute chick magnet. Never before had someone approached me to ask for advice on how to hook up with their friend.

I suddenly felt the pain that the friend of the main character in a harem anime felt.

"We are, kinda. Why, you aiming for him?"

Sato immediately turned a bright red. "No! Umm..... that's not what I meant....."

"That is what I meant....."

I sighed. So Sato really was aiming for Ayanokoji.

Finally, someone in the class sees his worth.

"Oh, so umm, have you talked to him before?" I asked curiously.

"Not really, no," she replied, twiddling her pretty brown hair. "It's just that..... it might sound really superficial, but he was really cool during the Sports Festival..... and I kinda think he looked..... hot....."

She slowly turned beet-red again, and lowered her head into her Math textbook.

I sighed. I had no experience in this situation. How was I even supposed to help?

"I'll see what I can do to help, Sato-san," I said casually. "But don't count on me much, I guess."

Sato nodded her head vigorously. "Thank you so much, Takeyama-kun!"

"Huh? What are you guys blabbering on without me?" Chiaki wriggled herself into the conversation.

"The conversation is over. Get back to doing your sums."

"What!? Not fair! You guys can talk, but I can't?"

I narrowed my eyes, and smirked a bit. "Hmm..... you sure don't want me tell anyone about you, do you.....?"

Chiaki widened her eyes, and gulped. Of course, she would completely lose her façade if I tell everyone how she's actually been holding back in tests.

"You're so mean....."

I snickered, and turned her head back to the math textbook, while she continuously pouted at me.

I turned to look at Ichihashi. She was the only one who was diligently working out the problems. I decided to let her leave early. I was gonna hold these three back. It's always work hard, play hard.

________________________________________________________________________________

"..... you're kidding."

"I'm not. Apparently now we're the Ayanokoji Group."

Me and Kiyotaka were lounging in my room with a bag of potato chips and soda. It's something that the 2 of us have suddenly started doing. I don't remember who initiated it, though.

"But why 'Ayanokoji Group'? Were there no other names to choose from?"

"Apparently it was chosen because I was the one who brought us together," Kiyotaka deadpanned. "And now I'm the victim of a very embarrassing nickname."

"Kiyopon."

"Shut up. It's hard to deal with as it is. I don't need you to start calling me that too," Ayanokoji said.

"KI-YO-PON."

"....."

"Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon Kiyopon---"

"Stop."

"What? It's plenty cute. Hasebe-san sure comes up with nice nicknames."

"..... you're not helping."

"Well, what is there to help?" I sat up straight. "I mean, you're not a part of any friend circle anyways, are you? It's good that you guys made one. From what I've heard, you guys were the self-proclaimed loners group."

"You didn't have to make it sound that harsh."

"But the truth must be told." I tossed a potato chip in my mouth. "This reminds me of a scene from Death Note....."

"I've heard of that. It's an anime, was it? The Professor was fanboying over it sometime ago."

I widened my eyes. "Wait, you've not watched Death Note? That was like, the first thing I did when I left the White Room."

"The first thing you did when you left the White Room..... was watch Death Note?"

"I've got my priorities straight, Kiyotaka."

Ayanokoji leaned back on the chair. "But that doesn't change the fact that watching some anime was more important to you than actually getting to know the outside world."

"..... touché.

"What was the first thing you did?" I asked curiously. "I mean, you definitely had plans to do something once you left, right?"

"I was learning how to interact properly," Ayanokoji said in a disinterested voice. "Like how to properly hold conversations, how to tell jokes, how to get a girlfriend....."

"How to get a girlfriend?"

"Don't tell me you've never thought of that before," Ayanokoji fired back.

"No, of course I've thought of that," I replied hastily. "But something tells me that your research is not exactly working."

"It's because I haven't been trying."

"Oh? You're telling me you're gonna get a girlfriend before me?"

Ayanokoji sat up a bit straighter. "Is that a challenge?"

"You can take it as an open declaration of war."

"You're willing to bet Private Points on this, aren't you?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Of course. But it can't be just any girl. It's gotta be one of those elites," I said proudly.

"..... elites?"

"Ichinose Honami, Sakayanagi Arisu, Suzune Horikita, Kei Karuizawa, Kikyo Kushida....."

"Wait. Kikyo Kushida?"

"What, don't think she's one of the elites?" I deadpanned. "If you actually manage to get her as your girlfriend, Kiyotaka, I'll lick the floor."

"She's an elite in the sense that none of us are even gonna bother trying," Ayanokoji replied. "And Horikita? You sure put her in pretty light, don't you?"

"Again, one of the top prizes in my opinion. Gold Class Tsundere. Wanna aim for her?"

"You're not being serious, right?" Ayanokoji was genuinely worried now.

"I'm being 100% serious." I put on my serious face. "We can make a list of girls. And you've gotta get a girlfriend from that list."

"..... you're just going to put Matsushita-san in the list, aren't you? I mean, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be cakewalk for you in that case."

"All right. We'll make sure we don't put personal friends. Mutual friends are, however, allowed."

"We have a deal."

The two of us shook hands to commemorate this historic moment.

"What's the time limit?" I suddenly asked. I realized that we hadn't set one.

"Do we need a time limit?" Ayanokoji replied. "I mean, whoever gets one first wins."

"..... right. So it's on until one of us gets, or one of us drops."

"Wanna make the list?" he asked. "I need to know the targets."

"Knowing the 2 of us, we don't really need to try too hard to get a girlfriend. But we'll make a list anyways," I replied. "You know, for memory's sake."

"Am I allowed to put Kei Karuizawa in it?"

"..... I think you just revealed your secret."

"Not really. I'm not particularly close to any girl, so I need to make do with the ones I actually am in contact with," said Kiyotaka.

"I thought you'd go with Maya Sato or someone," I said. "You know, don't you?"

Kiyotaka lounged back in the chair, and popped off another bottle of soda. "I'm not really sure. Karuizawa-san told me about it, and Sato-san herself has approached me. I mean, it was a very bold move, to be honest. But I don't know what to do."

"That's just so typically you," I deadpanned. "If you asked her out, she's say yes in a heartbeat. Ok, another rule. Maya Sato is not allowed in the list."

"Now you're just being plain unfair," Kiyotaka retorted.

"What? You said no to Chiaki as well. I think this counts as compensation."

"..... you have a comeback for everything, don't you?" he sighed.

"Yes sir."

"Right. I think we can actually leave Sakayanagi alone?" he suggested. "Are either of us actually going to try for her?"

"Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, Kiyotaka," I waved off his opinion. "Or in this case, don't delete your options before you've even tried them."

"But my questions stands. Do you really think you can get someone like Sakayanagi?"

I tossed a potato chip in my mouth.

"I think she's the easiest one among said elites."

"..... you're kidding. I don't believe you."

"Think about it. She prays to us. We're her idols. It's gonna be easy-peasy if we actually ask her out. I daresay she'll faint on the spot."

"So you're telling me I should aim for her?"

"Up to you. She's still a part of the Elite Female Gang."

"Which reminds me, I heard you and Sakayanagi have already had a 'date'," Kiyotaka said in a bored voice. "It's made rounds in the grade. You know it's some pretty serious stuff when even someone like me knows about it."

"It wasn't a date," I snapped. "She called me for some godforsaken reason. But I tried to interrogate her on how she knew about us."

Upon hearing this, Ayanokoji sat up a bit straighter, and the fun atmosphere in my room was nowhere to be seen anymore.

"What did she say?"

"Nothing much. I couldn't extract much information from her," I said. "But from what I understood, she's only seen you in flesh in the White Room. She's never laid eyes upon me before, even though she's heard of me."

"I find it strange that someone from outside the White Room knows of our existence, and yet we were kept in the dark about each other," Kiyotaka reasoned.

"I don't really know. Do you even know who Professor Ayanokoji interacts with?" I asked. "I mean, it wouldn't surprise me to know that Chairman Sakayanagi and Professor Ayanokoji were closely acquainted."

"That is the only possible explanation, is it not?" he replied. "Moreover, I do not know of the dealings that man made. For all, I don't even care. He's not my father. I don't see him as one, at least."

"Well, I guess that's one thing we have in common," I sighed. "Also, I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"..... you know what, it'll be better if I tell you about it later," I said quickly. "It's something related to the Paper Shuffle, so I want Horikita and Yosuke to be here as well. Karuizawa-san also, maybe."

"Fine by me. I think I'll get going. We really need to stop with all these junk food."

"I thought you liked it?"

"....."

"....."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N's:

Ayanogod and Takeyama making Wahmen Tier List ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

________________________________________________________________________________

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

315K 7K 21
Just some classic fluffy and angsty oneshots. ⚠️TW: There might be panic and anxiety attacks, nightmares, and night terrors. Not sure yet, writing t...
14.8K 327 10
"Really Y/N? Is it wrong for a vampire to fall in love?" "No, It's wrong for a vampire to fall in love with a human."
3.2K 107 28
* 𝒴ᴼᵁ 𝒜ᴿᴱ ℬᴿᴬᵛᴱᴿ 𝒯ᵀᴴᴬᴺ 𝒴ᴼᵁ ℬᴱᴸᴵᴱᵛᴱ , 𝒮ᴹᴬᴿᵀᴱᴿ 𝒯ᴴᴬᴺ 𝒴ᴼᵁ 𝒮ᴱᴱᴹ , 𝒜ᴺᴰ 𝒮ᵀᴿᴼᴺᴳᴱᴿ 𝒯ᴴᴬᴺ 𝒴ᴼᵁ 𝒯ᴴᴵᴺᴷ * ✎ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ Ruby Hoshino will stop at nothing...
225K 5.4K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...