The First Fae Mate

Af Kayla_Bee23

~Alpha Awards 2023 Winner~ Wattpad official Werewolf page Visena Sage knows two things for sure. Her name, a... Mere

Authors note | Introduction
One | Memory
Two | Dogs
Three | Home
Four | Dirty
Five | Blunt
Six | Punch
Seven | Tear
Eight | California King
Nine | Council
Ten | Dinner
Eleven | Intruder
Twelve | Soaked
Thirteen | Choke
Fourteen | Cry
Fifteen | Pepper
Sixteen | Hypnotised
Seventeen | Blood Moon
Eighteen | Shift
Nineteen | Hard
Twenty | Spells
Twenty-one | Changeling
Twenty-two | Veil
Twenty-four | Hide-n-seek
Twenty-five | Ticklish
Twenty-six | Yearning
Twenty- seven | child lock
Twenty-eight | Jurisdiction
Twenty- nine | Trickery
Thirty | Intrigue
Thirty-one | Hello?
Thirty-two | Peach
Thirty-three | Too late
Thirty-four | Gone?
Thirty- five | Little Lady...
Thirty-six | Little shit
Thirty-seven| Erithacus rubecula
Thirty-eight | Remember?
Thirty-nine | Confessions
Forty | Gift
Forty-one | Panic
Forty-two | Broken
Forty- three | Rabid
Forty-four | Bow to me
Forty- five | Cold Iron
Forty- six | Dam
Forty-seven | Powerful
Part Two: Forty-eight | Rest
Forty-nine | Weird...
Fifty | Kids
Fifty-one | Regium
Fifty-two | Wake-up
Fifty-three | American Alpha
Fifty-four | Faer
Fifty-five | Mate
Fifty-six | Goodbyes
Fifty-seven | Beta
Fifty-eight | Ceremony
Fifty-nine | Death
Sixty | Humans
Sixty-one | Fault
Sixty-two | Death wish
Sixty-three | Sky Fae
Sixty-four | Promise
Sixty- five | Conspiracies
Sixty-six | Betrayal
Sixty-seven | Murderous
Sixty-eight | Mother
Sixty-nine | Returned
Epilogue

Twenty-three | Hina

6.3K 327 97
Af Kayla_Bee23

"So she's half-Fae, half-Wolf, and a Princess. Way to make the rest of us feel pathetic," Jed grumbled with a small smile.

Visena was still reeling from the millionth bombshell. She desperately wanted her memories back so she wouldn't keep getting heart palpitations whenever her mother spoke to her. "Let's just go," she sighed.

The walk only took half an hour, and Visena was breathless. Not from the exertion, but the splendour. Hundreds of Fae flitted around the castle, its immediate markets and village with grace and elegance. Their hair and eyes shone dazzling colours that refracted the sun's beams. 

One look at Jed, and Visena had to laugh. His cheeks were crimson, and sweat lined his brow. He tried to keep his head bowed when a myriad of beautiful Fae women and some men would greet him. Gideon, however, only had his eyes on her. He took her hand in his as they reached the castle gates. As the group passed, many Fae shared kind words and mischievous glances, but none dared to disrespect Esmerelda. Some Fae bowed so deeply, Visena was sure they would lose balance and topple over.

The walk to the throne room was long. Despite the castle being made of concrete, the air was pleasant and inviting. However, the Fae realised quickly that Jed and Gideon were noticeably uncomfortable. Their skin had a light coating of sweat, and Gideon's grip on her hand was crushing. They were both only a hairsbreadth away from Visena's side, and she warmed from the closeness. It's my turn to protect them. Cute.

It was clear the Fae realm was no place for wolves.

"Hello, daughter." The Queen's voice was rich and refined but elicited a strange iciness in Visena's heart. Her body held a memory of the woman, unlike her brain. 

"Mother," Esmerelda said with a  bow. Her companions hurriedly did the same.

"Visena Sage, is that you? My, you have grown. Come closer."

With a glance at her impassive mother, Visena walked towards Queen Cecilia. The 'grandmother' hardly looked older than her. Fae realm time was a blessing and a curse. "Hi."

"You've lost something?" The way Cecilia asked knowingly had Visena on edge.

"Yep."

Cecilia's eyes flickered from the informality before a wide smile broke across her face. "You're still the same even without your memories. But, unfortunately, I will not be able to return them to you, child. Your mother has gotten herself bound by a vindictive witch. The only reversal is death."

"So we have to kill the witch?" Jed looked hopeful. 

It was a horrible act, but at least it was doable. Plus, she tried to murder Prim, which made Visena's apprehension of killing much lower.

Esmerelda's face seemed to debunk the statement as it was being made.

"No." Cecilia's voice was gentle then. "Esmerelda would have to die."

It felt like the world was against Visena. She swayed on her feet, accidentally leaning into her mate's warm chest. His arms wrapped around her as she closed her eyes, grateful for his presence. Fuck this place, she thought bitterly.

"No matter. Memories aren't significant when you are destined to live many lifetimes." Unfortunately, Cecilia lacked any empathy for Visena's plight, and the young woman pressed her lips together to stop her increasingly irate thoughts from pouring out.

Cecilia looked at the arms protectively around Visena's midriff and sniffed lightly. "I see Hina has blessed you. That's two goddesses now."

Despite the ache in her chest, she peered up at her grandmother warily. She didn't even have to ask before the Queen laughed bemused. "You are not meant to exist, my dear. It is unnatural for a Fae and wolf to procreate. You should have died by your third Earth year. However, I blessed you to have the lifespan of a Fae as long as you didn't shift. Your mother virtually extorted me to do it-"

Visena interrupted, more than a little confused. "But I shifted... what will happen to me?"

"You should have died, and we wouldn't be in this quandary. But Hina had a soft spot for you. She gave you a wolf lifespan and a mate."

"Hina?"

"The Goddess of the moon. Visena darling, you have lost your memories, not your brain. Please at least try to use some initiative."

The two men scoffed at the unexpected shift in Cecilia's tone before Visena flashed them a hearty scowl. "Do you know why I felt so bad after shifting then?" Visena asked through clenched teeth.

"She's blessed you, but she's not as powerful as me. You will need to visit the Fae realm to recover any time you shift. Too many times consecutively or prolonged on the filthy human plane, you will likely still die."

Gideon's grip tightened on her before she shrugged him off. "Is that all?"

"For now."

Visena bowed her head stiffly before turning on her heel and walking out of the room. She wondered if anyone could see steam billowing from her ears.

Esmerelda stayed behind while Gideon and Jed followed after her. "Visena!"

She could hear Gideon calling her, but she only picked up the pace in fear she would turn around and throw herself into his arms. It was all too much. She wanted to be with him but needed to be alone. The formerly inviting concrete corridors were now claustrophobic, appearing to buckle inward. When she breached the castle doors with a gasp, it was night. 

They had only talked to Queen Cecilia for a short time, so it was impossible. At least in the earth realm. The phenomenon was reminiscent of her time in the Veil weeks earlier. Had she known I was there the whole time? Did she let Janna take me?

She broke out into a run through the candlelit village, cursing internally. The Fae paid her no heed as she headed towards the portal she had come from.

"Visena, wait!" Gideon's command almost had her digging her heels into the soft grass. Shaking her head, she sprinted for the glimmering portal, her heart bursting from her rib cage. Visena felt the urge to shift when she was tackled from behind. Gideon spun her body fiercely, her torso pinned against a hot mass of flesh. They careened into the grass and rolled down a lush hillock until their bodies came to a complete stop with Visena on top. She unpeeled her chest from his but was reeled back in by Gideon's strong embrace. There was no space between them, but if there were, she would be pounding her fists against him. Instead, she squirmed and scratched and cried, "Let me go!" 

"Don't go. Let me help you."Gideon caught her clenched fists in his and searched her eyes. "Visena, I'm here for you." 

She couldn't look at him. Visena wrenched her hands with all her might, but Gideon held firm. Stupid strong wolf. "Stop being so noble!"

"I'm not. I'll always be here for you, Vi." Gideon sat up, pulling Visena onto his lap, her legs involuntarily straddling the Alpha. Her shins brushed against the damp grass, and she felt something else dampen. Goddamn, mate bond!

"Visena," his Alpha tone had her silver eyes meeting his. Gideon's hands released his mates and trailed up her arms, finding a final resting place in her gnarled hair. His huge palms cradled her head as his thumb brushed her wind-bitten lips.

"I can't do this anymore. Why can't I get a break?" Visena wanted to feel sorry for herself, but Gideon's proximity made her flush red hot.

"Anything that comes your way, I'll fight it with you, Visena. Don't shut me out."

Her breathing hitched from the intensity of his words. He meant it with every ounce of his being. Then, without another thought, she smashed her lips on his and stole a much-needed kiss. 

~~~

A/N

Kia ora tātou

Welcome everyone,

This will be the longest Author Note I will ever write because it's really important to me- here is a little background info-

Māori are the indigenous peoples in the country I live in. (Aotearoa, New Zealand) I am not Māori but I am of Polynesian and Irish descent (and a bunch of other colonial shit- I'm white-passing AF).

Hina is a Māori term and is pronounced 'He- nah', and has many stories attached to it from Te ao Māori (the Māori world). 

I have used the term Hina in reference to the goddess of the moon/ the personification of the moon and  I use it out of respect. 

Another name she is known by is Hineteiwaiwa - who is the goddess (Atua) of childbirth, weaving and female arts and much more. It is quite a challenge to even describe accurately because words in Te Reo have many meanings and can be broken down into smaller parts. Māori are also storytellers and their history is mostly passed down orally so it's hard to find written information when I am using the knowledge I have heard from Māori people and not google. 

Above all else I want people to know I have done my homework and am not trying to come and appropriate cultures I don't know anything about. Most of my cousins, my partner and his family are Māori so I use it to honour them and their truly beautiful language. <3 

If anyone who happens to stumble across my book is Māori, Nau mai, haere mai! I hope that using Hina as the name for the moon goddess is received positively although feel free to let me know if you feel uncomfortable and I can review it and make changes.

Ngā mihi nui, e hoa mā,

Aroha nui  

Kayla <3

p.s - on a lighter note. Full steam ahead if you catch my drift... We're about to get a little bit sexual... You've been warned ;)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

17.9K 569 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...
14.4K 317 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...
81.4K 3.2K 26
❝Many things are hard, but killing your fated mate has got to be the hardest.❞ BOOK #2 OF 'HEART OF THE WOLF PRINCE' ******** Once the unremarkable R...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...