Don't Forget About Me

Galing kay malin87

This is the sequel to Princess and The Little Ones. Kate's been kidnapped for the last fourteen years. She's... Higit pa

1. When time is right
2. A wish during midnight
3. Waving goodbye
4. A whisper in the wind
5. A promising twilight
6. The sweetest taste
7. Love is love
8. An anchor in the dark
9. Mothers' POV
10. To live freely
11. A cold reward
12. Tearful secrets
13. Eternal Blessing
14. Blissful heart
15. No one's fault
17. Spiritual Feelings
18. Finding my place
19. Painful Passion
20. An adventure
21. A Little Ninja
22. Under the Starlight

16. Don't be worried

23K 590 66
Galing kay malin87

Chapter 16

Don't be worried

Kate’s POV

*

The negative part of having a public execution is the ambush of wolves that comes to our territory just to watch the bloodbath like it’s some kind of movie event. They don’t look at it with a realistic view, for them it is just a few minutes of entertainment that they’ll never be able to understand. That’s why it is the Ninjans job to hold them. We know what it means to end a life. We respect life and death as they go hand in hand.

It would have been more humane to not keep it public. A wolf dies happily if it is during a fight. John Moore did some terrible things against my sisters, but it’s hard for me to even see him tied up, waiting to be put into rest by the hand of his own Alpha. Even those with a death penalty on their heads should be given a choice to defend themselves.

The arena is slowly filling up and I walk around with a stern look on my face to make sure that all visitors behave. The sight of women, men and even children of all ages become a blur of colours as they sit down onto the seats made of stone.

It’s weird to see people who doesn’t use Ninjan uniforms. This area is usually filled by students and teachers around this time of the day. They are all patrolling and guarding the area. I feel a sting of pride as the visitors look at our village with big curious eyes. Not that they dare to look any of us Ninjans in the eye. I will still be glad when this all is over and everything goes back to normal.

Princess seems to be the only sister who will be here for the execution. Mary, Kate and Leanne said they would patrol the outer regions of our territory. They just left five minutes ago. I still can’t get the look of Kate’s face off my mind. It was like she was mocking the whole idea of patrolling. She left with the comment “I’ll know if anything goes wrong anyway”.

I like having her back, but she’s more than confusing at times. It makes me sad to think about how different her life has made her from the rest of the family. I hope that she will be able to find some of her old spark with time.

Anyway, I’m happy my sisters will look after my girl, since she hates violence of all kinds. I’m quite in the dark when it comes to Leanne.  I don’t know what to do with our situation since it feels wrong to keep her in the Ninjan Pack when she doesn’t support what we are standing for. I have given her time to figure things out and she seems to be content about living here despite her feelings.

Fine, I can agree that she makes me nervous. My hands start sweating when I’m around her and I barely find my words and stumble like an idiot. She just needs to gaze at me with her fantastic black eyes to make my world shake. She deserves all romantic actions in the world, but truth be told, I’m not very romantic!

I usually go hunting for food, but to kill animals is a poor replacement for killing another wolf. At least Leanne isn’t a vegetarian and I can bring her family the finest meat after a hunt.

I love everything Ninjan stands for. I love violence, death and the thrill of a fight. That’s why I always guard the prisoners that are taken here for execution. I send them off respectfully. No prisoner will ever be treated badly by us. They have already been given a punishment and that is death. They shouldn’t have to suffer more than that.

The chatters from the crowd are deafening and I ignore the need to cover my ears. Their excitement is lingering in the air and I wonder again if they understand what an execution is. It’s the cruel side of life and I hope most of them will go home with regret of coming here. It takes a tough heart to handle what we go through daily in this pack.

“Tom,” I hear Princess talk to me from across the field. “We are all set now.”

“Okay,” I answer her shortly and give one last grin to the crowd before I head back to the others.

Alpha Eon is shaking with fear next to my sister, but I can’t feel one bit sorry for the fate she must go through. I have held too many executions and it is time for this Alpha to grow up and understand how the world works. She can’t live sealed off from the world as a queen and only care about her own laws. The whole Werewolf Law is something that she needs to learn to respect. This is her punishment for not taking it seriously. She brought this on herself.

Princess heads out to talk to the whole crowd and I take my position next to the man who ruined my sisters’ lives. I’m ready to drag him out there when I’m given the signal. I’d like to beat the shit out of him myself, but who in my family wouldn’t?

I look deep into the man’s eyes and he still doesn’t look one tiny bit sorry. He looks almost happy and content with the situation. I guess I’d be happy too if I as given a chance to reunite with my mate in the afterlife.

*

“Kate!”

Something stings my cheek and I blink furiously a few times before I’m taken back to the wood I was walking in with Mary and Leanne. My world is spinning and I raise my hand weakly to press it to my face. I moan and fall down to the ground, not only because I was hit by my own sister.

Jupiter shows up out of thin air and catches me before I hit the ground. He helps me down and I lean back towards him with a small sigh. I sense the anger he feels towards Mary and I feel slightly shocked that he can feel angry. I have never seen him angry and I have known him for many years. He must be really upset if he feels like this towards his own mate.

“Do not hit her again,” he tells her firmly and jealousy shines in Mary’s eyes as she looks at Jupiter holding me.

“She just disappeared,” she explains herself. “It was like she wasn’t even here!”

“She wasn’t here,” he tells her calmly and rocks me gently. “How are you feeling Kate?”

“Dizzy, but you already know that,” I whisper confused over the experience of being inside my brother’s head for a few minutes.

“Your Spirit has grown stronger since you got here. It will keep growing. That’s why you experience all these new things.”

“Good to know,” I groan, hoping I never have to look into any of my family member’s brains again.

Still, feeling the mate bond Tom has towards Leanne is quite interesting. The mate bond is different if you know them since childhood. I wish I felt like that towards Adam, but I just melt to a pool on the ground every time I see him and when he touches me. The adoration Tom feels towards his mate is so sweet.

“I didn’t mean to hurt her,” Mary pouts which earns her more anger from my Spirit.

“You had no right!” he growls at her and I grab his arm in a try to calm him down.

“It’s alright,” I tell them.

“It’s not alright,” Jupiter protests angrily and I know that it is both for the baby’s sake and the fact that he’s a peaceful Spirit from the Rosalea Island. At least he was.

Mary’s lip starts shaking and I can even feel her heart skip a few beats. She’s crushed that her mate is going against her when she only tried to help me out of my zombie like state. I don’t want her mate to be angry and too hard on her. She’s sick after all, much sicker than I am or ever will be.

“I’ll never do it again,” she says defeated. “I promise not to hurt you Kate!”

“I already said you won’t,” Jupiter says coldly. “But why would you listen to a Spirit?”

“I don’t understand,” Kate cries. “We were just walking and suddenly… I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t be bitter, Jupiter,” I ask him. “I’m alright.”

“It’s not okay, Kate,” he says shaking his head. “She harmed you and I won’t accept that. I will never find it okay. Not when it is you. She can hit me as many times she wants, it doesn’t bother me. I just can’t stand to see you hurt in any way anymore.”

I look into his eyes and I can’t mistake the devotion he feels for me. His Spirit senses overshadow his Wolf mate bond. It makes me feel relieved. He will never love me like he loves Mary, but he will never love her like he loves me either. I’m his responsibility and he’s supposed to save me from any harm. He must see it as Mary has let him down.

“I’m not sure what’s going on,” Leanne interrupts us nervously when she gets out from her shock like state. “Are you aspirit, a real spirit?”

She almost drops to the ground in respect and I almost smile at her sweetness. What stops me is how sore the left side of my head is. I didn’t feel the hit much because my body went numb, but the pain is coming back to me now and I slowly bend over and throw up blood. The dizzy feeling takes over and I feel how I’m slowly starting to pass out.

I feel how Jupiter tries to keep me awake, but I don’t want to stop the unconsciousness from coming. I want to fall into sleep and the whole world turns black around me.

-

I hear faint sounds and quiet sobbing nearby. That’s weird, because I usually hear everything that goes on. Everything is tuned out and I actually enjoy the silence for the small time it will last. I can sense that I am in Mary’s room and she’s holding my hand tightly.

“Why isn’t she awake yet?” she says desperately and I try effortlessly to open my eyes.

My whole body feels heavy and I can’t move it at the moment. I wish I could just to make Mary’s tears go away. It’s horrible to hear her so crushed.

“You hit her pretty hard,” I hear Mother’s calm voice. “She’s not a Werewolf anymore. She is not nearly as strong as we are.”

“Her body needs time to heal,” I hear Princess say. “The only positive thing I see in this is that she wasn’t here when the execution happened.”

“We weren’t even near the arena,” Mary whispers.

“Like that matters for a Spirit,” Jupiter says sadly. “She hears and senses everything that goes on here and it will only develop deeper. She told you this. You should be more worried about Adam when he gets here. You should probably leave.”

“Leave?” she breathes almost soundlessly at the unthinkable suggestion.

“Yeah,” Father says sadly. “Maybe it’s for the best if you go somewhere else for now.”

My heart is bleeding for Mary, but I can’t move my lips and say the word I so dearly want to; stay. It was an accident. They shouldn’t be so hard on her because I’m weaker than she’s used to see anyone. Anyone of them could have hit me. Well, not Jupiter but I think he’s too hard on her. He should go with her.

Jupiter kisses my forehead and I feel him trace a finger along my face gently. It makes me feel even sadder when Mary see it as a rejection from his side. He sighs deeply and I urge him harder to make up with her. He can’t ruin their chances to be together because he’s angry. She doesn’t have that long to live.

“Kate will always come first,” he says determined. “She’s the reason why I can love you Mary. At the moment I’m angry with you, but I don’t love you less for that. Adam is on his way so we should go to give them some space.”

I almost sigh in relief when Jupiter leaves the room with Mary. I am slowly pushing away the fog clouding my senses. I want to wake up already. I can’t be in that bad shape, right?

Soon enough I hear Adam stumble into the room and he falls to his knees next to me. My heart warms up in happiness when his hands caress my face gently. I feel tears as he leans down to kiss me gently and I hate to feel him so sad. This is my Adam, he shouldn’t worry about me! I’m alright. I must tell him I’m fine. A need to wake up starts burning inside my body and I try hard to wake myself up from this state.

“What happened?” he asks out to anyone in the room.

“She zoned out,” I hear Leanne explain slowly. “She was inside a trance and it was impossible to get her out of it. Mary panicked and hit her in an attempt to wake her up. Well it worked for a few minutes, but she hit her too hard.”

“She will be alright,” Princess assures him. “Our Kate is a tough one.”

I fight against the force that is holding me down. It feels like swimming against a hard stream, but I must see Adam and tell him that I am alright and tell him that our baby is stronger than ever inside of me. I must let him know. I take one last energy draining try to pull my eyes open and I’m greeted with a blinding light. My eyes quickly adjust to the room and I find myself gazing deep into Adam’s eyes. Whatever panic I felt disappears as we both calm down in happiness of seeing each other.

“Hi there,” Adam says with a small smile and I slowly lift my shaking hand to touch his pretty face. He kisses my wrist and the small gesture makes me blush slightly.

“I’m okay,” I whisper. “Be nice to Mary, she’s not okay.”

“Of course I’ll be nice to Mary,” Adam says confused. “I know her. She would never harm you intentionally.”

“Jupiter’s angry with her,” I cry out. “She already finds it hard to accept him as a Spirit. Don’t let him ruin their chances.”

“Kate,” Adam says comforting. “Let Mary and Jupiter solve their quarrels by themselves. They will work it out.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive,” he says with another calming smile and I look around the room and meet the not so worried faces of my parents, Leanne and Princess.

“You got a small shock,” Princess says seriously. “You should be alright. Your face has a huge blue bruise though. You look like a real warrior now.”

“Did the execution go alright?” I ask her. I must know what happened.

“Yeah you have a whole arena of witnesses to tell you how he was slowly beaten to death by that red haired woman. You would think she should have wanted to do it quickly, but she made quite a show for the whole audience. She just doesn’t have it in her to harm another living creature. John suffered a slow and painful death.”

Anger flares in my sister’s eyes at the mention of my kidnapper. I just can’t believe it’s over. I will be safe now. He is not going to haunt me anymore and I feel relieved over the fact. Susan and her children will have to manage without him now, but I wish her the best of luck. She will do alright. Maybe she’ll meet her mate one day.

“I didn’t mean to scare everyone,” I sigh at my own weakness. “I want to be alone with Adam for a little while if it’s alright?”

“Of course,” Mother says relived that I seem alright. “We will be in the house if you need us.”

They leave the room and I close my eyes. Adam climbs up in the bed next to me and I put my head on his shoulder. This feels so nice. I can live in his comforting arms forever without the need to get up.

“Do I really look that bad?” I ask him with a hint of humour. “It hurts, but it will go away.”

“I don’t think Mary will do that mistake again. She’s just nervous about things she doesn’t understand. You are still the prettiest girl I ever seen. The bruise will go away and you will become stronger.”

“Adam, I really love you.”

“I love you too Kate.”

We turn around so we can look deep into each other’s eyes again. My stomach starts fluttering again and I lean in to kiss him. I don’t want it to be sweet; I want to eat him whole. He responds like he’s been set on fire and we are soon caught up in a wild make-out session. Adam is controlling the situation while I am completely out of control. I just want him, need him. He ends the kiss too soon in my taste and I feel how hard his heart is beating when he pulls my head down to his chest.

How could I have been so lucky?

I grew up on a place where it is rare to even find your mate. I had hoped to return home one day, but it was a very far away hope and I barely believed it myself. I can still hear the waves crashing against the shore when I close my eyes. The calming sound is imprinted into my mind and the life at that Island was very calm and quiet compared to mainland.

I let them steal fourteen years of my life, wasted years that never will come back. It doesn’t matter how long I will live. My mind is still always going to be there with the sweet flowers and gentle breeze from the sea.

The thought of finding someone like Adam was just a faraway dream. How do I really tell him how much he means to me? Will he ever be able to understand how much he means to me?

“I have something to tell you,” I say when I have gathered all my courage. “Something good,” I add to not worry him.

“What is it sweetheart?”

“I have a spirit soul as you know. It makes me know and feel things,” I start explaining so he will take me seriously.

“Yes, it makes you very special,” he says proudly.

I bring his hand down to my stomach and he gently touches me there. It’s so flat, but it will be larger in a couple of months. I need to start eating more before then. I can’t harm our baby.

“We have a boy growing inside me,” I say with a blush. “He’s just really small but has a really strong spirit.”

Adam pulls me down so he ends up over me. He pulls up my shirt with astonishment.

“Are we… Already?” he says happily and it makes me smile widely.

“Yeah totally,” I answer him with a small laugh because he looks like a little boy who got his biggest wish come true.

He laughs out loudly and jumps onto the floor. He picks me up and swings me around the room a few times and then carries me bridal style into the living room while I pull my shirt back down.

Mother, Father, Princess, Leanne and Tom are drinking tea and looks at us surprised.

“Kate and I are having a baby!” he shouts proudly. “I am finally going to be a Daddy!”

He hugs me closely and it warms my heart how ridiculously happy he is. Princess looks shocked at first but a wide grin grows on her face at the news.

“Congratulations Adam!” she cheers. “Who knew you would get children before me?”

“That’s for being too cocky about your mate,” Tom teases her and she ruffles his hair in revenge.

“Haha,” Princess snorts. “I had to take every dirty trick to get Vincent to want me, right Adam?”

Adam agrees and puts me down on the couch next to Mother. She has tears in her eyes and break out crying in my arms. I’m not sure what to do. I have never seen her cry before.

“I never thought the day would come!” she sobs happily.

“Me neither,” I say relieved that she isn’t upset. “We need to find me a nice wedding dress.”

“Of course we do,” Mother agrees. “Something light and pretty as you are.”

My life feels perfect. I have everything now. Adam is going to be a great father and I know I’ll always be able to trust him with anything, just as Gretel said. I have my parents and siblings supporting me and I am finally home where I belong. It will take time to settle down and get used to my new life. I know for sure that I will be happy here and that means everything.

I’m not perfect. I still have to win against my eating disorder. I must start open up to everyone around me and don’t run around by myself in the wild. I must learn how to live like a free person and not a prisoner.

Most of all I hope that Mary and Jupiter will become just as happy as I am with Adam. I want that more than anything. I’m praying to the Wolf Spirits for their sake.

I look at my family who’s having a huge discussion about my wedding plans and I quietly sit in the background with Adam as the others are leading a hectic discussion. It doesn’t matter what they decide, because I know that we always will have each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter might have felt a bit confusing. This chapter kind of wraps up Kate's and Adam's story. If you wonder something about them please tell me so I can bring your answers in the cming chapters. Mary and Jupiter will be put into focus and will Tom and Leanne finally become a couple?

Thank you for reading and thanks for waiting patiently for this upload!

<3 Malin

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

130K 4.2K 68
Book Two, part two of the "Home" series. Alice Carlea Williams, our brave young state, has lost her memory again! To make matters worse, she's been s...
34.8K 803 35
[BOOK 2] COMPLETE ✅ "Katherine? No." Freya said to her. "My humanity flipped the second I started to feel the pain of me killing the women and Alli...
164K 8.8K 61
**This is a SEQUEL you need to read Feral first** Wolves. They're family oriented creatures and werewolves are no different. Returning home after be...
15.4K 807 50
First Installment of The Wolf Series We are all half human. Half beast. Some of us are just better at hiding one side than the other. + + + Warnin...