Nightfall {An Azriel (ACOTAR)...

By Ink-insomnia

Heart Evangelina - The oldest of the Archerone sisters, but not a sister at all at the same time. Having led... More

ORIGINAL CHARACTER- I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Bonus chapter

Epilogue

1.9K 55 0
By Ink-insomnia

Rhythm: I didn't really know what I was doing when I started this fanfic so everything was mostly based around the fact that Pip is cute and everyone loves him (as they should). Another major thing was seeing Azriel as a father which I think is pretty consistent throughout the work so, I decided to not add anything distinct (or sexual) to this epilogue and write it like any other chapter unlike in the other fics.

I hope you enjoyed this one as well!!

Some days were just too hectic for Heart and Pip's arrival after a long day at school only provided a little comfort as he immediately wanted to be picked up and have lunch.

Today, as soon as her students had departed, she took to cutting up fruit for her son who had made it clear that he hated everything healthy. Sadly for him, she was not going to back off even though his father had given up.

It was a hot, sunny day and Azriel had promised her that he would be back soon after Pippor's returning time. She looked out of the window to see if there was a dark figure appearing on the horizon. Seeing nothing, she returned to cutting up strawberries. Azriel had made a face at that, stating that strawberries were not meant to be cut up. While she agreed, Pip objected heavily and she had to spend an extra fifteen minutes on the task.

The door burst open just then, and Pippor stormed in. Ditching his backpack on a sofa, he rushed over to his mother.

Heart set the knife aside and hugged him. His face was drenched in sweat and, kissing his mother on the cheek, Pip complained, "It's so hot in the school and other kids keep touching me, I hate them."

Frowning, he climbed up on a chair across from her and stuffed a grape in his mouth. Heart poured him a glass of water which he gulped down quickly.

Heart adoringly brushed his hair out of his face and said, "Summers are the same everywhere."

Pip, still mad, slammed the empty cup down, "But people won't constantly be touching me! The boy that sits with me fell asleep on me! He didn't even put his head on the desk." He huffed and puffed for a while more but soon forgot about the school when his father walked in.

Azriel scooped him up and sat down with him in his lap across from Heart. Pip, who was no longer sweating, bombarding his father with the information of all the things he had learnt at school that day. Still paying attention to Pip, Azriel pressed a kiss to Heart's mouth. She smiled against his lips and cupped his face.

Pip, tired of all the affection being thrown around, tugged his parents away from each other, "Listen to me! I'm in dims- dism-"

"Distress." Azriel supplied.

"Yes!" He exclaimed. "I don't know a lot of words. I have to also draw a dog and I don't know how to draw a dog."

As he seemed distressed, Heart kissed his head, "That's okay. You will learn. I'll draw the dog this time."

Pip was not entirely satisfied but agreed to have lunch calmly and then do whatever homework he could. Heart promising to draw the dog and Azriel promising to play the piano with him later at night.

Azriel served the lunch while Heart took a look at Pip's homework.

"You already know all this, Pip." She remarked.

"Right and I still have to write this down when I'm not even going to do most of this."

Heart smiled softly at him, "Why are you so upset today?"

Pip said with irritation, "I'm feeling very hot and sweating all day. I have to do homework when I already know all this. Why would I not be angry?"

Heart cupped his face, "If you don't tell me what you're angry about, we can't solve anything. Tell me what's actually bothering you."

Pip's shoulders slumped and he thought hard for a second. When he finally opened his mouth, he hesitated, "I think it's okay that I'm sweaty since everyone else was also sweaty. Winter will be here soon and I won't be sweaty anymore."

Heart nodded encouragingly, "That's right."

"You are very considerate, Pip." Azriel remake proudly. "I would not be thinking about what other people are feeling if I was sweaty all the time."

"I know, shadow man." Pip said, voice laced with sass. "I'm better than you."

Azriel snorted, "Sure."

Pip continued, "And I should do the homework because I need to keep revising everything to not forget it."

"Excellent." Heart said. "See? Now it's easier to see what might made you angry. Keep going."

Pip tapped his chin for a minute before exclaiming, "Kaden said that his father is going to take him to a different city!"

"Oh, mother above..." Heart sighed. "That's what you've been mad about."

Pip, finally having figured it out, nodded. "I hate that. What if he never come back?"

"He will, Pip." Azriel assured him. "Maybe they are going for a vacation. Like we do."

"But when we go for vacations, I know we are coming back. So, when Kaden is going on a vacation, he must also know." He insisted.

"Maybe he forgot to mention that." Az shrugged. "He's a kid just like you. Kids forget things."

Pip considered that for a second, "Well, he did give me his favourite hat. So, if he starts living in the city, I can find him."

"Sure. I'll help you." His father encouraged him while pushing a plate of food towards him. "Eat, now. The food is getting cold."

Pip dug into the food but looked very lost. Heart and Azriel exchanged glances. Eventually, Heart suggested, "Maybe you should go see him off when he leaves so you know which city he is going to. I'll go with you."

He nodded eagerly, "Thanks, mum."

Heart patted his head, "Anything for you, sweetheart."

A new worry about his abandoned toys overcame Pip and he rushed out with his little yellow plate in his hand. Heart called after him, telling him to eat at the table but he was already too far to hear her.

Azriel blinked slowly, "Children sure do have a lot to worry about."

Heart snorted, "He over-thinks. He doesn't have many friends so it's only natural for him to worry about those that he does have."

He nodded in understanding, "I'll keep a track of his friend."

"You are not going put your spies over a six year old, Azriel." Heart chided. "That's ridiculous."

"I'm just doing it for Pip's happiness." He said defensively.

"No." She said firmly and he relented.

After they were done eating, Heart sat cross legged in a chair as Azriel washed the dishes.

He said over his shoulder, "How were the classes today?"

"They were fine." She shrugged. "But I'm slightly tired for some reason."

Azriel hummed before saying, "Maybe because you are always up till midnight working on something or the other."

She clicked her tongue, "I'll try sleeping more tonight. The summer doesn't suit me either."

Azriel set the dishes aside and swept her off the chair in one smooth motion. "Well, how about a nap?"

"Right now? No." Heart whined. "I promise I'll sleep early." She dramatically tried holding on the railings as Azriel carried her upstairs to their bedroom.

"Somehow, I don't trust you." He put her on the bed. "It might be because you never keep that promise."

Heart groaned, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."

"No." Azriel wrapped the blanket around her. "You will sleep now. I'll wake you up at dinnertime."

Heart searched for an excuse, "Pip's dog-"

"I'll draw that. And I'll take him on a walk." He tucked her with a kiss on her forehead. Heart glared at him but was too tired to resist the softness of her bed. Her eyes closed quickly as, in the distance, she heard Pip's excited voice over the even sound of her mate speaking to him in a low voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 4.9K 33
When a face Azriel wished he could forget ends up half dead on the edge of Velaris, questions arise about their dark past. Especially when she posses...
58K 1.3K 17
Azriel, the spymaster of the Night Court, one of the most powerful Illyrians to walk Prythian. He was damaged, he was broken, and he thought himself...
3.8K 233 7
"๐๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ˆ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐จ๐ก ๐†๐จ๐, ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž, ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฌ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๏ฟฝ...
6K 91 14
[Azriel x Reader] Y/n is the daughter of a healer in the city of Velaris. After a small incident, she moves to the House of the Wind to work for the...