๐‘๐Ž๐‚๐Š '๐ ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐‹

By Soul_Candy

[ ๐’๐„๐‚๐”๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐˜ ๐๐‘๐„๐€๐‚๐‡ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ] โ›๐™„ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™„'๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ ๐™š๐™š๐™ฅ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™š... More

โ˜† ๐•ก ๐• ๐•’ ๐•ช ๐• ๐•š ๐•ค ๐•ฅ โ˜†
(๐Ÿ) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•ก๐•ฃ๐• ๐•๐• ๐•˜๐•ฆ๐•–
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•–
(๐Ÿ) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•จ๐• 
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•–
(๐Ÿ‘) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•—๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ
(๐Ÿ’) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•—๐•š๐•ง๐•–
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ค๐•š๐•ฉ
(๐Ÿ“) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
โ˜† ๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ๐•™๐•–๐•’๐••๐•”๐•’๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ค โ˜†
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ค๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ
(๐Ÿ”) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•Ÿ
(๐Ÿ•) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•–๐•๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•จ๐•–๐•๐•ง๐•–
(๐Ÿ–) ๐ˆ๐๐๐Ž๐—
๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•š๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•–๐•Ÿ

๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•–๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ

20.9K 1K 1.8K
By Soul_Candy

Freddy insisted on carrying you back into the main atrium. It was the compromise that you came up with so that he didn't drag you right back down to the first aid tent in the basement. While he wouldn't tell you flat out what was wrong with you, you knew that you were experiencing something akin to radiation poisoning.

There was still music pumping through the speakers as you walked through the building. The kind that you never really noticed during the day because of all the talking and screaming and happy birthday singing. Your head was still throbbing and the smell of artificial meat wafting from El Chip's was not helping you recover at all.

You decided to channel your focus into creating a mental checklist of all the things you would need to do when you came in tomorrow. Clock in, start cleaning the hell out of Monty's dressing room, filing a wild variety of reports to HR about the animatronic conduct. But your thoughts derailed as soon as Freddy finally set you down in a dark corner of the atrium, keeping a steady hand on your elbow until he was sure that you could stand upright on your own.

"Where are we?" You asked. The only thing that stood out to you was a massive vent sitting open in the corner. But he couldn't expect you to willingly crawl into a vent for a second time tonight. Right?

"My Faz-Map tells me that there is a potential exit point on the other side of this ventilation shaft. You must crawl through in order to access it."

Of course.

"You want me to crawl through that...alone?"

"Yes!"

"Freddy!" You whined, stealing a glance into the daunting crawlspace. You were so done with the vents. D-o-n-e done. But Freddy had no way of knowing your newfound fear, so he only patted your head with an encouraging smile.

"You are so brave, superstar. I know you can do it."

You glared into the dark tunnel, suddenly wishing you'd taken the flashlight off the wall when you saw one hanging up in the daycare. "And you'll be in my ear the whole time?"

"Of course!"

Taking a deep breath, you reached down to double knot your skates for good luck. "Alright, I'm going," you grumbled, getting on your hands and knees before ducking into the small opening. When you turned around to send Freddy one last look, you noticed that he was turned away respectfully – glowing eyes fixated on a random point on the wall above the vent.

You were only a little confused before remembering what happened when you left Monty's room earlier. If any of the animatronics you worked with had even just an ounce of respect, it was Freddy.

The vents weren't nearly as bad as you expected. You had to pull your ears down so they didn't drag against the roof, but they were much roomier than the ducts that connected the dressing rooms on Rockstar Row. 

However, there was also a concerning clicking sound that seemed to follow you throughout the vents – like dozens of tiny feet dancing on a sheet of aluminum foil.

Before you could get the chance to investigate, the vent underneath your hand suddenly shifted and you found yourself sliding awkwardly down the slanted tunnel.

"Oh jeez, oh jeez, oh jeez," you chanted, grappling for anything to hold on to so you didn't burst straight through the grate that was very quickly approaching. How many times in one night could you turn an air duct into a slip n slide?

More than once apparently, because the vent spat you back out in a dark and unfamiliar corridor almost as soon as you started falling. It took you a moment to find your bearings again. Ever since the clock struck midnight, it felt like anything and everything in sight was trying to tear you to shreds.

"Little Helper?"

"I'm fine!" You exclaimed, brushing the dust off of your skirt and using the wall to help you stand up. "I don't see an exit, though."

"If you continue forward, you should be able to find the loading dock. There is a chance that one of the doors has been left unlocked for nighttime staff."

You looked left and right down the creepy tunnel. Which direction was forward?

"Freddy, where does it–"

"Daytime employees are prohibited after hours!"

You jumped nearly a foot in the air at the sound of Chica's voice flooding the silent corridor from behind. Spinning around, you were alarmed to find her standing almost directly behind you, arms outstretched to grab you by the shoulders.

Cussing quietly, you took a few steps back and began fumbling with your apron pocket. It was just your luck to misplace the one useful thing that could get you out of this place alive.

"Daytime employees are prohibited after hours!"

"Yeah, I am very much aware. Thank you, Chica."

Skating backward in the dark underbelly of the Plex was a death wish. But so was giving her the chance to put her hands on you. Eventually, you let out a timid laugh of triumph and held up the nighttime security pass that Sunny gave you so that Chica could see it underneath one of the swinging yellow bulbs overhead.

She paused for a moment, eyes scanning the plastic card before her entire body went rigid and the red glow left her gaze. "(Y/N)!" she cheered. "I didn't know you were nighttime staff!"

Chica smiled and dropped her threatening hands. You stood there for a second longer in disbelief. "You recognize me?"

"Duh!"

"And you're not going to kill me?"

"You're so silly, (Y/N). Why would I ever want to do that?"

Cautiously, you pocketed the badge and took an experimental step closer before hugging Chica around the middle. She accepted the gesture immediately and rocked both of you back and forth with a peppy bounce. 

"Are you doing okay?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. "Need some girl talk?"

"No," you sighed with a smile. "I'm perfect."

"Me too!" Chica beamed, the smile slowly fading from her face. "...actually, I forgot what I was doing down here..."

You patted her shoulder comfortingly and it returned. Was that all it took to reverse the security protocol? Maybe Freddy was wrong when he said that he felt an interference earlier.

Before you knew it, Chica was happily guiding you toward the loading docks, your hands swinging between you in her firm metal grip. The entire walk was spent chatting nonchalantly as if she wasn't just trying to rip your head off of your shoulders.

She talked about pizza and all of the birthday parties that she went to that day, and pizza, and her performance that evening, and pizza, and her missing scrunchie. "—And I saw another little boy too!" she added with a bubbly smile. "He was running from me, but I don't remember why."

You nearly stopped dead in your tracks. "Wait — a little boy? Like, was he this tall? Brunette? Kinda scrawny?"

"Mhm! Vanessa told me to look for him," Chica hummed. The cogs in her head were spinning faster as she recalled more from earlier in the night. "Actually, that reminds me. Vanessa wanted me to help her find you too! Oh, I should call her!"

"NO!" you cried, jumping in front of her and making a big X shape with your arms. "I'm...I'm actually playing hide and seek with Vanessa right now and she's trying to cheat. You can't tell anyone that you saw me. Not Vanessa, or Roxy, or Monty, or anyone."

She didn't even think to question your excuse. "Oh, I love games! Who is on your team?"

You blinked and thought for a second. "You, I guess...and Freddy...and the daycare attendant."

Chica clapped excitedly. "Fun! What's our team name?"

"Uh...how about you pick one for us?" you offered, continuing to walk down the dark, wet corridor in the direction of the loading dock as Chica rattled off more possible team names than necessary. A few of your favorites were Team Pizza, Team Chica and the Rest, Team (Y/N) and Chica, and Team Everyone But Vanessa.

When you finally arrived at the docks, she tensed up and turned away to wander off in a random direction, mumbling something about pizza smell. You didn't think twice about it, scoping out the docking bay for some unlocked door or conveniently forgotten key. But unlike Freddy had hoped, there was absolutely nothing there.

You were about to start trying to kick down one of the security gates when you heard a loud fizzle in your ear.

"I...I do not like this, (Y/N)."

"Hm? What do you mean?" You asked suspiciously, looking all around you. You would never get used to him using your first name. Chica's little white duck tail was bobbing in the doorway of the trash room, but the entire floor seemed empty otherwise.

"I cannot protect you there. Come back to me right now."

You shot one more look behind you at the security gate. Freedom seemed close. Too close. "But–"

"Now. Please."

"Okay! Jeez, I'm coming."

Cautiously, you crept over to Chica (who was face down in an open garbage can) and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, we need to go back to the main atrium for a team meeting. Do you think you can help me find the way?"

She stood up straight and wiped a greasy used napkin off of her beak. You loved Chica, but sometimes she did things that made you want to throw up in your mouth.

"Sure!" she beamed, guiding you back through the winding laundry rooms and kitchens – all empty aside from the security bots who roamed the columns in tight circles. The urge to pull Chica's hand back into yours was strong, but you were still acutely afraid that she would snap back into her protocol at any point and stuff you into one of the dryers lined up on your left.

"Okay!" she sang, bobbing on her heels as you approached a single gray painted door. "I think there's a stairwell to the main floor on the other side!"

You put a hand on the doorknob, turning around with one eyebrow quirked. "You're not coming too?"

Chica shook her head, eyes still sparkling as cheerfully as they did during the day. "Nope! I'm gonna go find the others and see if they want to be on our team."

"You can...do that?"

"Of course! I know Monty will," she giggled, leaning closer with her hands intertwined as if she was telling a secret. "I think Monty likes you."

Oh. You really didn't see that one coming.

Before you could struggle to find a response to Chica's sudden announcement, you felt the white beam of a flashlight against your skin and turned to face it like a deer caught in the headlights. 

Game over.

"Vanessa!" Chica smiled, waving as the blonde security guard lowered her flashlight with a sneer, not even acknowledging the animatronic standing right next to you. "I found–! Oh, sorry, (Y/N). I spoiled your game."

You didn't have the energy to tell her that it was okay. Because as soon as Vanessa saw you, she began marching over with a murderous glare in her stormy green eyes. 

"I finally found you," she grumbled, taking her thick industrial flashlight in one hand and bashing you over the head with the handle. 

(A/N: Ok, so abrupt ending but I really wanted to get this out tonight. I have the frat house flu so I'm trying to get out of school this week, which means more writing time, but also virtual classes are the worst. UMMM VANESSA CONTENT NEXT CHAPTER??? AHHHH. I wrote it super last second but it's hot. Um yeah. What else? Oh, if you see any mistakes please let me know. If you guys feel like the chapter doesn't flow right, I would really like your input. Thanks for sticking with me during my absence last week). 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 10K 72
Somebody commented this idea on one of my stories and it's been in my head forever. So now I'm writing this. I'm going to add an information chapter...
52.2K 1.1K 28
On days when your dad was busy you would go to the PizzaPlex where he worked. You got free passes since he was the main star of the show! However, as...
4.7K 141 20
As a child, Y/N loved going to the pizzplex. They had a plush of every character! Even the daycare ones, despite the lack of Moon plushes. The daycar...