Touch The Sky ✔ •Hiccup X Rea...

By Stark_Oblivion

COVER HAS BEEN CHANGED!! You had never been a big fan of the scrawny boy but of course, Stoick decided that y... More

『 Information 』
『 Playlist 』
『 Chapter 1: Babysitter 』
『 Chapter 2: Searching For A Dragon 』
『 Chapter 3: Dragon Training 』
『 Chapter 4: The Book of Dragons 』
『 Chapter 5: Wounded 』
『 Chapter 6: "Painful" Attempt at Making Friends 』
『 Chapter 7: Forbidden Friendships 』
『 Chapter 8: The Forge 』
『 Chapter 9: A New Tail 』
『 Chapter 11: Earning Ones Trust 』
『 Chapter 12: A Friend of Astrid 』
『 Chapter 13: Test Flight 』
『 Chapter 14: Discovered 』
『 Chapter 15: "Romantic" Flight 』
『 Chapter 16: The Kill Ring 』
『 Chapter 17: The Red Death 』
『 Chapter 18: Coming Around 』
『 Chapter 19: The Gift of The Night Fury 』
『 Chapter 20: The Gift of The Night Fury P.2 』
『 Chapter 21: The Legend of The BoneKnapper 』
『 Chapter 22: The Legend of The BoneKnapper P.2 』
『 Chapter 23: A New Beginning 』
『 Chapter 24: Where No One Goes 』
『 Chapter 25: Dragon Trappers 』
『 Chapter 26: Pride of Berk 』
『 Chapter 27: "Prisoners" 』
『 Chapter 28: Mutiny 』
『 Chapter 29: Family Ties 』
『 Chapter 30: The Story of A Mother 』
『 Chapter 31: A Day Out 』
『 Chapter 32: Long Lost Love 』
『 Chapter 33: For The Dancing and The Dreaming 』
『 Chapter 34: A Sacrifice 』
『 Chapter 35: The Boat on Fire 』
『 Chapter 36: The Ceremony 』
『!Thank You!』

『 Chapter 10: Smoked Eel 』

4.3K 144 98
By Stark_Oblivion

✵ ✵ ✵

"Today is about teamwork!" Gobber explained, "Now a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky." You and Gobber were currently standing off to the side to watch the group train, "One head breathes gas, the other head lights it." Flammable gas surrounded the teens separating them into groups of two, "Your job is to know which is which."

You tried to peer through the gas, seeing who was with who, but from this angle, it was impossible to catch a glimpse of everyone. You heard some mumbling, it sounded like Fishlegs rambling off some dragon statistics. You heard Hiccup hush him. It was silent for a few more seconds before some screaming coming from Tuffnut came from the cloud. Then you heard the girls scream and some water splashed before they all ran out of the cloud.

As the gas cleared you finally got a good view of Fishlegs and Hiccup, "Chances of survival are dwindling into single digits now." Fishlegs said, earning a scared look from Hiccup. One head of the dragon peeked its head out from the fog, it sniffed Fishlegs sending him stumbling backward, "Woah! Woah!" He stammered before pouring water onto the head of the dragon. The dragon blinked away the water before emitting gas from its mouth, "Oh. Heh! Wrong head." The boy said before being sprayed by the dragon with the flammable gas sending Fishlegs running over towards you and Gobber.

Hiccup was the last remaining student standing in the ring, both of the dragons looked curiously at Hiccup. One of the heads started sparking and that was when Gobber yelled out for Hiccup to throw the water. The boy tried to toss the water, but it landed at his feet and didn't even get close to the dragon.

"Aw, come on." Hiccup rolled his eyes. The dragon roared, flaring out its wings to frighten the boy. Hiccup stumbled and fell backward. Your eyes widened.

"Hiccup!" Gobber called out to the boy, ready to jump in at any moment.

The brown-haired boy stood up, holding his hands out towards the dragon sending it back in fear. The creature let out a few shrieks, cowering into its cage.

"Back!" Hiccup said, creating a pushing motion with his hands, "Back! Back! Now don't make me tell you again. Yes, that's right!" You let out a silent chuckle, suddenly remembering that he had the smoked eel in his jacket, "Back into your cage! Now think about what you've done." He said, secretly throwing the eel into the cage before shutting it. Everyone stood shocked looking at the boy. Hiccup wiped his hands on his jacket, "Okay, so are we done? 'Cause I've got some things I need to... uh (Y/N) needs to go see Gothi. Yep... I'll see you tomorrow!"

You chuckled, walking over to Hiccup who was standing at the gate waiting for you. You hobbled over, "You don't need to go with me to see Gothi, I can take care of myself you know."

Hiccup nodded frantically, waving his hands in front of him, "I know! I- just... I like hanging out with you." You felt your face flush slightly before you turned away.

"Yeah... whatever." You looked back over at him, "I may enjoy your company." You spotted a small smile on Hiccup's face, "Anyways, we should probably get to Gothi's." Hiccup nodded, agreeing before walking out of the rink, you followed him closely. As soon as the two of you stepped outside you spotted Gothi standing close to the rink. The woman turned and noticed you before walking over, "Hello Gothi, were you watching the training?"

The elder nodded before pointing at your leg, she gestured for you to come over. You obliged, walking over to the woman. She pressed on your leg in certain spots, causing you to let out a little hiss. Hiccup glanced over at you, concern filling his face. The woman looked up at you with seemingly a knowing smile before handing you a small corked bottle. She held up her hand, her thumb and pointer finger slightly separated indicating a small amount before pointing at your leg. She then pointed to the ground before drawing a sun and then a moon in the dirt.

"Okay... a small amount, one time in the morning one at night?" You repeated.

Gothi nodded before turning and walking away. You turned to Hiccup.

"Well, I guess you don't need to see Gothi anymore." He said earning a chuckle from you.

You felt like you had forgotten something, "Oh! Don't you have a saddle to make?" Hiccup's eyes widened as he looked at you.

"Oh, thanks for reminding me! Do you wanna come?" He asked. You thought about it for a second.

"Yeah. I would!" You said earning a smile from the boy.

✵ ✵ ✵

You sat in the forge watching Hiccup work, the way he moved and was so passionate about his work was just mesmerizing. You hadn't realized you had been staring until you heard him speak up, "Something on your mind?" He asked, noticing you were lost in thought.

Shaking yourself out of your little zone out you nodded, "Yeah actually... I was wondering if hypothetically if I wanted to earn the trust of the Silver Phantom how would I do it?" This was a thought that had crossed your mind several times.

You spotted the gleam in Hiccup's eyes when you asked, "Wait? Like you want to create a bond with the dragon?"

"I- uh, "You stammered, "I wouldn't go as far as bond but maybe just a small friendship." A wide smile grew on Hiccup's face.

He paused his work for a second, studying your face, trying to understand your true intentions, "Alright, I'll tell you... but on one condition."

You let out a sigh, you knew there was going to be a catch, "Fine... what is it."

"Well," He set down the leather he was working with and leaned across the desk, looking at you, "You need to always listen." Hiccup said, "Got that?". Your face flushed at the proximity, you pressed your lips together and nodded, "Good." He said, leaning back and going right back to his work.

You felt your heart beating rapidly.

What's wrong with me?

Why do I feel like this?

You shook your head and looked down at your hands that were in your lap, trying to distract yourself from whatever this was.

"Anyways the first thing you need to do..."

✵ ✵ ✵

Hiccup held up the saddle towards the dragon that looked slightly frightened and tried to run away. It had been a couple of days since Gothi had given you the serum. Your leg had started to feel a bit better. Of course, it would still take a few months to completely heal but this was still good. You watched as Hiccup chased around Toothless. Glancing over, you noticed the Silver Phantom sitting close to you, its head lifted as it was watching Toothless and Hiccup run around. you carefully hobbled over to it and gestured to the ground next to it.

"Can I sit here?" You asked, earning a sniff from the dragon. It didn't sound peeved or anything so you assumed that it was okay. You sat down carefully, trying not to put too much weight on your leg. The female dragon leaned its head down and sniffed your leg before looking up at you and tilting its head, "I broke it... a heavy wall fell on my leg and it broke." You heard the dragon let out a sniff before resting her head on the ground next to you, "Can I name you?" You asked, hoping for a response after not earning one you waited, trying to think of a name.

You heard some shouting and noticed Hiccup and Toothless were finally in the air, Hiccup was using a string to open and close the dragon's tail. You watched as Hiccup opened the tail and the dragon and he both fell into the water.

Chuckling you turned back towards the Silver Phantom that was next to you, "What about Smaug?" The dragon looked up at you before letting out a growl, "No, you're right, that's stupid." You thought for another second, "What about Rainsong? What do ya' think of that?" The dragon tilted her head, the pupils of her eyes widening a bit. A sound that was almost like a purr emitted from her, "I guess you like that one." Hiccup waded out of the water and walked over to you.

"Hey, we gotta get going, I have to find a better system for staying on." Hiccup said, ringing out his shirt.

You chuckled, "Yeah... you do."

✵ ✵ ✵

After another two or three nights of Hiccup creating designs and you listening to him speak the two of you finally made your way back to the cove. Hiccup was currently riding Toothless and the two of them accidentally flew out of the cove so you couldn't see them. You let out a sigh, sitting down next to Rainsong.

"Boys... am I right?" You stated sarcastically, earning something that sounded like a chuckle from the dragon, "So I brought you some food." You placed down two fish in front of the dragon, "I mean, I know I tried to kill you and all but like I won't do it again." The dragon leaned down and sniffed the fish suspiciously. It then ate the first one whole, gobbling it down. It then looked up at you and then back at the fish before pushing the fish towards you with her nose, "Ah- no I'm good... I already ate." Rainsong seemed to shrug before eating the other fish. You looked up and spotted Hiccup and Toothless walking back into the cove. Not only that but the sun was setting, it was time for you to change your wrap and put on that solution that Gothi gave you.

"Hey (Y/N), you've gotta change your wrap." Hiccup said as he let out a sigh and sat down next to you.

You nodded, "Thanks, I was just about to do that." You said before lifting your leg up and pulling a roll of wrap out of your pocket. You leaned forward to take off the old wrap. Hiccup carefully placed his hand over the top of yours.

"I can do it for you." He said.

You chuckled, "Hiccup just like last time, you don't need to. I can do it myself." You said giving him a look.

"I know." He took the wrap from your hand, and the boy shifted and carefully started removing the wrap from your leg. Rainsong watched, her eyes were full of curiosity. As soon as the wrap was fully removed the dragon leaned forward and sniffed your leg. Toothless stood behind Hiccup watching.

Rainsong lightly pressed her nose against your leg before licking it a couple of times, you looked over at the dragon confused before Hiccup decided to speak up.

"You know, Silver Phantom's saliva has healing properties. They would be hunted down for their saliva and that's why there aren't that many of them anymore." He paused, as the dragon leaned back, allowing Hiccup to apply the solution. After applying the solution Hiccup wrapped your leg again, his fingers brushing your leg. You didn't notice before but now you suddenly noticed his grip right above your knee. Your face flushed and Hiccup sure noticed. He looked up at you confused, "Are you alright? You look warm." He placed the back of his hand on your head, "You are warm! Do you feel sick?" Hiccup moved his hand from your leg to your shoulder.

You rapidly shook your head, "No! No. I-m fine... never been better." You tried to find an excuse to get out of this situation, you noticed Rainsong getting up and moving, "Traitor." You muttered under your breath, "Anyways, oh man! Look at the time! We better get going!" Hiccup turned towards the sky, seeing the sun going down. You quickly grabbed your crutch and stood up.

Hiccup nodded, "Right. I would hate to be yelled at by your mom." He said.

✵ ✵ ✵

You sat in your room, staring down at your hands. Whatever you were feeling was not normal and you hated it. That fuzzy feeling in your stomach? Your hands getting clammy, your face getting red? And it was only around that boy. Letting out a groan you flopped down onto your bed. You needed to get your mind off of it.

Suddenly a knock sounded at your door, "Come in." You said sitting up. The door opened revealing Astrid.

"Hey." She said, "Your mom let me in." She chuckled, "Ever since you started babysitting Hiccup we haven't gotten to hang out that much. Also, we haven't had a sleepover in a while..."

You smiled, "I would love to have a sleepover, Astrid."

"Can your mom make us her famous hot sugar milk?" Astrid asked walking into the room.

"Only if you tell me what's going on with you and Snotlout." You retorted.

Astrid fake gagged, "Ew. I hate that guy."

"I know." You laughed.

✵ ✵ ✵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 19.4K 23
Y/n, adopted into the Northern Water Tribe, had an accident when she was younger that resulted in her not being able to talk. With her past haunting...
85.3K 1.9K 15
- "I truly feel like everything I say or do is always wrong." - Years pass by like nothing, the seconds are ticking away bit by bit. - "Like I'm the...
3.4K 68 22
Beau·ti·ful ˈbyo͞odəfəl Pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically May·hem māˌ(h)em Violent or damaging disorder; chaos. 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝𝚜...
1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC