An Omega's Desire

By StoryTellerByFire

In a world divided into Alphas, Betas, and Omegas. Sean is an Omega. Like all Omegas he has the ability to br... More

Chapter One: "A Fighter"
Chapter Two: "Different From The Rest"
Chapter Three: "When Packs Collide"
Chapter Four: "A Little Attention"
Chapter Five: "The Big City Wolf"
Chapter Six: "What He Wants"
Chapter Seven: "Something Wild"
Chapter Eight: "Past & Present Sins"
Chapter Nine: "Heat Of The Moment"
Chapter Ten: "The Festival Begins"
Chapter Eleven: "Forever Strong"
Chapter Twelve: "Let The Games Begin"
Chapter Thirteen: "Running Wild"
Chapter Fourteen: "Bill"
Chapter Fifteen: "Moonstruck"
Chapter Sixteen: "Alley-Gators"
Chapter Seventeen: "Need For Escape"
Chapter Eighteen: "Tug-Of-War"
Chapter Nineteen: "City Life"
Chapter Twenty: "Attraction & Reaction"
Chapter Twenty-One: "Little Wild One"
Chapter Twenty-Two: "Betrayal"
Chapter Twenty-Three: "Beaten and Bruised"
Chapter Twenty-Four: "A Bark Worse Than A Bite"
Chapter Twenty-Five: "Polaris"
Chapter Twenty-Six: "Lost In Love"
Chapter Twenty-Seven: "Omega Jamboree"
Chapter Twenty-Eight: "The Past Returns"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Family Secrets"
Chapter Thirty: "Truth & Lies"
Chapter Thirty-One: "Parents"
Chapter Thirty-Two: "Unofficial Luna"
Chapter Thirty-Three: "Unmuzzled"
Chapter Thirty-Four: "News"
Chapter Thirty-Six: "Emotional Defeat"
Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Uniting The Pack"
Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Claimed"
Chapter Thirty-Nine: "The Uninvited"
Chapter Forty: "This Means War"
Chapter Forty-One: "Secret Burdens"
Chapter Forty-Two: "Let's Celebrate"
Chapter Forty-Three: "Just Meant To Be"
Chapter Forty-Four: "Whelp"
Chapter Forty-Five: "Nowhere To Hide"
Chapter Forty-Six: "More Than Vengeance"
Chapter Forty-Seven: "United We Stand"
Chapter Forty-Eight: "Protecting Family"
Chapter Forty-Nine: "Puppy Love"
Chapter Fifty: "Puppy Of Mine"
Chapter Fifty-One: "A New Generation"

Chapter Thirty-Five: "Baited"

380 39 13
By StoryTellerByFire

After speaking with his dad, Sean decided to take a bath. Sitting in the warm water felt nice and he enjoyed playing with the soapy bubbles that had a scent that was so soothing to his mind and body. Laying in the water up to his shoulders, he closed his eyes and tried to imagine his troubles washing off his skin like clinging dirt. Even if his troubles couldn't be washed away so easily, he just wanted to feel like he was resetting himself. He needed a fresh outlook. Smirking to himself, he heard music playing downstairs. He could imagine his mom racing around cleaning and humming to herself. It made him smile to see her so happy. It hadn't occurred to him that his mom might have always wanted a big family because she'd never had that. It made him a little proud that he might give her that, after everything she had done to keep him safe over the years. What she was still doing to keep him safe. He wondered if his dad felt the same way after losing his own family. Biting his lip, he smiled to himself though. From the outside, he imagined that his family looked broken. Yet, all his memories were happy ones.

Reaching out, he picked up one of his baby toys from the bin and fell back into his old memories. Memories of splashing his dad in the tub and his mom chasing him around the yard in the summer. Tilting his head back, he wondered if he'd be as good at raising his puppies as they had been. What would he pass on to his puppies? What memories would they look back on? Finishing up his bath, he dried himself and dressed in fresh pajamas. Heading downstairs to get something to eat, he stopped in the living room to stare at his parents. The music was playing a slow loving song and his mom had her arms around his dad's waist. She swayed with him, kissing his neck with teary eyes. His dad leaned back against her, his head resting on her shoulder, while his hand was stroking his mom's cheek with light strokes of his knuckles. They looked so happy together that Sean almost cried. He'd never noticed how in love they were when he was little... but he could see it now. His mom whispered how much she loved him, and his dad whispered back in a fragile voice. "You do? You don't think I'm getting too old?" His mom smirked, kissing his neck before she told him in a deep loving tone. "I haven't noticed. You're still that same feisty little pup that I fell in love with. You still make me blush with a desire to hold you all night."

His dad blushed, turning in her arms to hug her. They shared a deep kiss that prompted Sean to back up and lean against the entryway into the living room. He didn't have the heart to interrupt them. His mom rubbed her hands along his dad's back during the long passionate kiss. Then when their lips parted, she put her forehead to his and mumbled out a little emotional. "Thank you for this life, Noah. It's everything you said it would be and more..." His dad cupped her face, brushing her tears away as he whispered over her trembling lips. "We did it together." They shared a smaller kiss, before his dad playfully said. "We still have a few good years left... Wanna have another puppy?" His mom laughed, but Sean's face paled as he shivered out quietly. "Oh, no..." He really didn't want a sibling. He was too fond of having his parents all to himself. His mom's answer brought him slight relief when she told his dad. "We won't need one. We'll just help Sean with his. Right, Sean?" Sean rolled his eyes, inching out to where they could see him. His mom winked at him, giggling out to him. "Why are you hiding? You know you can't hide after a bath. You smell too good."

Sean shrugged, walking toward the kitchen as he said honestly. "I wasn't hiding... I just... Didn't want to stop you in the middle of... your moment together." His mom turned away to hide her teary eyes a bit longer. Wiping them like she just had an eyelash or something in them. His dad huffed in return, telling him sweetly. "What are you talking about? Your mother and I have plenty of moments together." Sean shrugged, moving closer to the counter as he regaled casually. "I'm sure you do. But I don't see it all the time. So, I just assume..." His dad laughed, walking over to him to playfully retort. "We used to show it all the time, but we toned back because of you and your... Oh, what would you call that phase, Lauren?" His mom giggled out softly as she finished setting the table. "The cootie phase?" His dad smirked, leaning closer to tell him in a playfully mocking tone. "Yes! The day you came home and told us not to kiss because someone at school told you that kissing gets you pregnant. And you wanted me to see a doctor before it happened to me." Sean blushed, mumbling out. "I don't remember that..." He dad ruffled his hair, pulling him into a hug when he replied. "Well, you did. So, we pulled back on public affection until you were old enough to have the talk... but by then it was a habit to keep it secret from ya."

Approaching them, his mom shooed them from the kitchen. His dad started to pull him away, causing him to blurt out. "But I was going to cook." His mom huffed, telling him firmly. "In your condition? No. You shouldn't be anywhere near a stove. And if I had known, I wouldn't have let you cook before!" His mom turned to face the stove, then sudden tossed a spoon to whirl back around as she blurted out in sudden realization. "Oh, shite! Noah, you knew, and you let him cook before!" Sean slipped from his dad's arms trying to escape her wraith, but his dad hugged him to keep him between them. Giving her a smile, he told her gently. "He's in early stages, Lauren. He's fine." She stopped a few inches from Sean, before her expression changed to a softer one as she said aloud. "Wait... Does Mark's mother know about this? Was that why she and her husband are so... moody lately?" Sean finally wiggled from his dad's grip, allowing his dad to nod and say openly. "Ya. They are concerned the puppies aren't Mark's but Nathan's." Sean bit his lip as he slid into a seat at the table. His mom stared his dad down, shrugging out bluntly. "Ok. But she can't prove they aren't his. So, she should calm her-" His mom was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

Sean tensed, while his mom checked her watch. It was only a little past noon, but they rarely ever got visitors unless for her work. Gesturing them to stay, she strolled out toward the front door. Sean rose slowly from his seat, trying to stay where he was. Only to have his dad pat his shoulder and encourage him to move into the living room to listen better. His mom opened the door, revealing their distraught neighbor. She was younger than his parents and had been the last of the Zetas to have her first puppy. His mom always found her to be a bit overprotective but being a new mother, it wasn't that uncommon. His mom tried to be nice to her and his dad often helped her when he could. Right now tears were running down her cheeks and she seemed so distressed. She'd never been this worried about something and his instincts were making him worry. His mom looked her over, asking with composed concern. "Tia? What's wrong?" Tia's hands shook and she couldn't seem to catch her breath, when she asked her desperately. "Lauren, please tell me that you've seen my Isabelle?" His mom glanced at his dad, then shook her head with deeper concern.

Tia sniffled, starting to turn away as she cried. His dad quickly moved up to the door, asking her in a tender voice. "Tia, what happened?" Tia hugged herself, shuddering out. "I... I don't know. She was playing in the yard... I went inside for just a moment to get her a drink and when I came back... She was gone." His mom straightened up more, asking seriously. "Did you track her scent?" Tia shrugged, sniffling out as more tears ran down her face. "I tried... I've looked everywhere! I've been asking around... but no one has seen her... It's not like her... They keep saying not to worry... That she'll show up... but I can feel something is wrong." His dad stepped out toward her, and she backed away, pleading out to him. "Don't say it... I'm not being overprotective, Noah. I'm telling you... It's like she vanished! I can't find her! What am I going to tell Peter...?" She burst into tears and his dad rushed over to pull her into a hug. Holding her closer, his dad told his mom gently. "Lauren, see if you can sniff her out." His mom nodded, removing her phone as she rushed off the porch. "I'll call Peter and put the neighborhood on alert for her."

Sean shifted on his feet anxiously. It was rare for puppies to go missing for very long. Most parents sniffed them out eventually. Although, it was hard to say how good of a sense of smell she had. His dad rubbed Tia's arms, trying to calm her down as he told her comfortingly. "We'll find her. She couldn't have gone far." Tia pulled at her long blonde hair, shaking as she asked him completely broken. "What do I do? Who would take her?" Sean heard her words start ringing in his ears. There was only one group of people that might take her... but why? He'd only babysat Isabelle a few times. Not enough for people to link him to her. Putting his hand on the doorway, Sean exhaled out breathlessly. "Mark..." Turning on his heel, Sean raced up the steps to find his phone. Turning it back on, he waited impatiently for it to wake up. Pacing the room, he quickly brought up Mark's cellphone number and called it. He hoped that he was overreacting... but he just wanted to be safe. The phone rang and rang, before it picked up. He expected to hear Mark, but Nate answered. "Hello. Sean?" Sean's heart leapt from his chest, when he blurted out in a worried voice. "Nate?! Where is Mark?!"

Nathan's voice was calm, when he answered coolly. "He's in the bathroom. Why? What's wrong?" Sean continued to pace, asking seriously. "Are you sure that he's there?!" Nathan chuckled very softly, replying confidently. "Yes. Here." Sean stopped pacing, listening to Nathan knock loudly on a door as he called out. "Mark? Say something. Sean is worried about you." There was silence for a minute and Sean's heart started to race. Then over the phone, Mark asked in a deep loving tone. "Sean? You ok?" The relief that flooded Sean was almost overwhelming. Sinking to sit on the floor, Sean asked him a little calmer now. "Mark...? You're ok?" Mark's chuckle echoed in the bathroom, before he told him in a soothing tone. "Ya. I'm fine. What's going on, Sean?" Sean laid down across the floor, telling him about Isabelle and who he thought might be behind it. On the other end, he heard Mark regaling the information to Nathan. Once his fear started to calm down, he blushed out. "Maybe I'm overthinking it... I mean, it wouldn't be possible. The gates are shut, right?" On the other end, Mark answered a bit distracted. "Yes... but the Valley is a big place..."

Nate's voice piped up a bit in the distance. "Even if he did... Why a puppy like Isabelle? She's not old enough to even have a scent yet. Why bother with her and not an Omega? And if he wants Sean, then why take her and NOT Sean? I don't know if this is him." Mark sighed heavily, telling them both seriously. "I'm not ruling him out. Not yet. You said Zedekiah is unpredictable... So, this could be a ploy to get us scrambling. A distraction?" Nathan sounded uneasy when he told Mark seriously. "You should alert your dad. Even if it isn't him... we should spread the word. I'd rather be proven wrong... Then make a mistake that could cost us the Valley." Mark sighed again but said aloud. "I agree. You should go to Sean." Sean piped up into the phone then. "NO! Nathan needs to stay with you!" Mark started to protest, but Sean's voice turned desperate when he stated over him. "Mark, please? As worried as I am... I'm less worried knowing he's there with you." Mark growled a little, asking as gently as he could. "And what about how I feel about you?" Sean smiled warmly, leaning into the phone a bit. He wanted to hold him but didn't want to leave to see him just yet.

Trying to sound calm, Sean told him in his best loving voice. "My parents are keeping me safe. When we find Isabelle, I'll come see you." Mark's voice became deeper and gruffer like he was trying to be quiet when he told him. "Sean... Please be safe. And come see me as soon as you can. I... I'd feel better with you here. Where I can keep you safe. Not that I don't trust your parents, but..." Sean smiled, sweetly purring through the phone. "I understand. I love you too, Mark. I'll text you really soon." Sean listened to Mark's every breath. He didn't want to hang up, but after telling him that he loved him, Mark hung up. Lowering the phone, he took a deep breath to calm himself and got up. Heading downstairs, he saw his dad trying to calm Tia by getting her to sip some warm tea. Taking notice of him, his dad smiled very subtly. Walking into the room, Sean told his dad nicely. "I called Mark. He's going to have his dad spread the word. I'm hoping we're wrong but..." Tia looked up, still trembling. Sean didn't have the heart to finish his sentence in front of her. He didn't want her to worry. His dad put a hand on Tia's shoulder, telling her comfortingly. "Stay here. Drink. I'll just be a moment."

His dad reached out for Sean's hand, coaxing him toward the back door. Sean started to follow him, only to stop as Tia got up to her feet to say quickly. "Sean?" Tia bit her lip, then told him with a hopefulness in her voice. "Thank you for telling your mate. For taking me seriously." Sean nodded but didn't know what else to say to her. She gave him a small bow, then sat herself down again. His dad took him out into the backyard, then asked him discreetly. "Finish. You think she was taken?" Sean nodded, very quietly replying. "We think it might be Zedekiah. Although, we don't know why he'd take a puppy. It feels random. Mark still wants to alert the Pack. Just in case..." His dad paced out into the yard, lost in thought. Unable to resist, Sean asked him curiously. "Dad, do you think Zedekiah will hurt her?" His dad slowly turned to face him, answering honestly. "I would love to tell you that he wouldn't... but I don't know. I agree the Pack should be alerted, but this does feel random. That's unlike him." Sean shrugged, mumbling out. "Maybe he just panicked? Got caught and grabbed her?" His dad shook his head, pacing a little as he told him. "No. Zedekiah wouldn't risk that. She'd just slow him down. The Pack would hear about it and..."

Sean saw the sudden look of fear cross his dad's face. Whirling around, his dad stated out in a broken voice. "Oh, shite! LAUREN!" Sean felt like his own world had shifted as his dad dashed back to the door. Sean ran after his dad, causing his dad to yell back frantically. "SEAN, STAY!" Tia jumped to her feet as they ran through the living room. Sean refused to stay behind as he yelled out. "No! Dad!" His dad ran out across the lawn toward Tia's house, calling out Lauren's name. Sean skidded to a stop to sniff the air for his mom's scent. He could smell that she'd been here and tried to follow it. His dad was of the same mindset. Only he seemed far more skilled at it. Taking him mere seconds to trace her steps. While Sean did it at a much slower rate. He wanted to do it himself in case his dad wasn't thinking clearly. Sean sniffed a broken board in the fence that had both his mom and Isabelle's scent on it. Then tracked it to the woods. There his dad was sniffing around frantically and calling out her name. As Sean approached, he came to the same issue. Isabelle's scent and his mother's scent just seemed to vanish. He didn't understand it. His dad stopped suddenly, bending over to pick up a broken cellphone.

On the broken screen was a picture of his mom with her arms wrapped around his dad, who held a baby Sean in his arms at the hospital. Sean fell to his knees, unable to breathe. His dad curled his fingers around the phone. He showed no emotion, but a deep growl left him like none that Sean had ever heard. Sean wanted to cry as he looked around, hoping it wasn't true. His eyes catching something strange in a nearby bush. Crawling over, he pulled it out and read the camouflaged spray bottle; 'Scent Eliminator.' Someone had set a trap and made sure they couldn't be followed. He raised his hand to throw it, but his dad snapped out in warning. "Stop! Don't move. They have covered their scent, but they might not have covered their footprints." His dad looked at him with guarded eyes, telling him calmly. "Call Mark. Tell him Zedekiah is here." To Be Continued... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
10.4K 652 35
Nathan is a poor Alpha who grew up in the slums and was only allowed to attend the prestigious Rosemary Hall boarding school due to a stranger's kind...
104K 4.5K 134
[[MATURE CONTENT]] Pack, family, mate. Loyalty, respect, honor. These are the words that form the foundation of the wolf society. At six years old, E...
6.4K 223 27
All his life, Kian has known nothing but trauma. As an omega, he was abused all his life and was told that he has one sole purpose: be used by others...