The Last Prince

By ThatNaturalDisaster

Girl meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Girl finds out boy is last in line to a mafia legacy. All hell breaks loo... More

trouble on the dancefloor
mine
beautiful stranger
battered, bloody, and bruised
paranoid
absolutely enraged
'm' for...
center and edges
second door on the right
temporary
birthday
6 steps
only place in the world
bang, bang.
ours
as she sleeps...
a/n
worship
perfect
tip your servers
nebo
pop
a little morning recon
interrupted business meeting
little pouch
meet the parents
sunset tour
independence
gone
two steps
epilogue: gagged, crying, frightened
Sequel!!!

family emergency

897 62 10
By ThatNaturalDisaster

The new casino/resort right in the heart of Lake Tahoe was my idea.

The tourist spot was known for wild Spring Breaks for spoiled rich kids and I wanted to keep that party going all year long.

After convincing my dad and brothers to give the plot of land a look, they were all in agreement, and this had been my first legit project on my own.

I'd been flying back and forth, working for the past two months on this and I knew the resort would end up being the perfect front for the family's less than legal dealings.

After showing my dad and brothers the blueprints, we walked through the casino floor in its early construction phase, and I showed them where everything would be including the underground tunnels, secret exit, and the panic room behind the private office.

As we all walked out the secret exit and back over to our cars in the lot, Tommy threw an arm over my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"Good job, Kid. This is gonna be fucking amazing."

I smiled, patting my brother on the back and nodding.

"And, here, I thought you were all about your Bambina."

My eyes cut over to Dre, who had an enormous grin on his face and I couldn't help but smile as I thought about Sky, knowing she was my soft spot.

"Never said I wasn't, man. But, that doesn't mean I'm not keeping my focus on what needs to get done."

My father strolled up behind us, his authoritative voice booming when he spoke.

"A good balance is necessary for any man's sanity, my boys. And there's no amount of power or money one can have that would ever be able to replace the love of a good woman."

My dad turned to me, smiling with a far-off look on his face before his eyes flickered in urgency.

"Non lasciarla mai andare, Figlio."

(Don't you ever let her go, Son.)

As he approached the chauffeured SUV that was waiting for him, my father removed his tailored-suit jacket and hung it over his arm, before letting out a sort of relieved sigh.

"And now, after business, it's time for my balance: flying out for a spa weekend in San Diego with your mother."

"Spa weekend? Damn, this pre-retirement really is making the old man soft, huh?"

Marco, Tommy, and I all laughed with Dre, knowing that our mom has definitely softened Dad's edges throughout the years; she was the only one who ever could.

"Ancora abbastanza in me per frustarti tutti e quattro i culi."

(Still enough in me to whip all four of your asses.)

My brothers and I all shared a stifled laugh as my phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out and the jovial smile on my face turned; my eyebrows knit together and a cold chill ran over my body as I answered the call.

"What is it, Skinny?"

"Hey, Boss."

I rolled my eyes a little, walking away from my dad and brothers so I could focus on the call, repeating myself, something I never liked doing.

"What. Is. It?"

"Well... Angel and I are still here at the cafe, but listen-- don't freak, but... Alexei's here."

I instantly saw red and my skin felt like it was on fire as I clutched my phone, shutting my eyes tight as I tried to control my breathing.

"What the fuck are you talking about? What do you mean Alexei's there?!"

I could hear the anxiousness and trepidation in his voice when he finally responded.

"H-h-he came in a while ago and ordered. Then he sat at a table and started reading; I'm pretty sure he didn't notice us. He was here for about an hour and just walked out about two minutes ago."

I rolled my eyes a little; although I was grateful that I had Angel and Skinny watching over Sky while I was gone, I knew better than to underestimate Alexei Bortnik.

"And, tell me Skin--elaborate for me-- how exactly are you pretty sure he didn't notice the two of you?"

I heard another hesitant sigh from the other end of the call.

"Well, besides his newspaper... the only thing he could keep his focus on... was Sky."

I cocked my head to the side, trying my best not to lose my cool, but I was already beginning to see red.

I clenched my jaw and began feeling antsy so when my voice came out calm and steady, it even scared me.

"Alright, Skinny. Just... keep an eye on her. I'll be there soon."

My brain was on autopilot as I hung up, and the only thing that I had on my mind was Sky.

I needed to see her as soon as possible and as much as I hated what I was about to do, I knew I didn't have a choice.

I jogged back over to my brothers tossing the keys to my motorcycle over to Dre, who had a confused look on his face as he caught them.

"What's goin' on, Teo?"

"Alexei just left Sky's bakery."

"Yo, what?!"

Tommy and Marco's expressions matched Dre's and I let out a deep breath and groaned while I rolled my eyes.

"Dude, I know. Just... drive her home, okay? I have to make sure Sky's okay. Yo, Pops!"

I didn't bother to wait for Dre's reaction; I trusted him to get my bike back, and as I jogged over to where my dad was getting into his SUV, I noticed his eyebrows fuse together in confusion.

"Son?"

"Think you can make a pitstop and drop me off in LA on the way to see Mom?"

"Cosa c'è che non va?"

(What's wrong?)

"La prole di quel cazzone russo era al caffè di Sky."

(That Russian prick's offspring was at Sky's cafe.)

I could see a physical change in my father's demeanor; his eyes darkened and his face stiffened as he pushed the back door open, scooting over to make room for me. He pulled out his phone as I hopped into the car and a second later, his assertive voice demanded all attention.

"Tell the pilot to be gassed up and ready to go in ten minutes. We have a family emergency in LA that needs to be taken care of, so make sure that tank is full."

As the driver began making his way to the airport at an accelerating speed I let out a deep breath, looking over at my dad, who was now typing away on his phone.

"I really appreciate this, Dad."

His thumbs stopped their rapid movement for a while and when he looked over at me, there was an unrecognizable expression on his face, one I'd ever seen and was slightly frightened by.

"Dimmi se quel mostro di consanguineità le ha messo un dito addosso."

(You tell me if that inbred freak laid a finger on her.)

I stared over at him watching his eyes follow the road alongside the car as we approached the private airport. He looked back over at me, that same look still planted on his face.

"Suo padre sa che stavo aspettando un motivo per rompere questa stupida tregua e sembra che la sua progenie velenosa sarà la rovina dei Bortnik."

(His father knows I've been waiting for a reason to break this stupid truce and it looks like his poisonous progeny will be the Bortnik's downfall.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 78.8K 47
𝐎𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥𝐬..
30.8K 461 27
How did the love between them start? A broken mafia's daughter fell in love with a quite good boy who never involved with anything of the kind? Was i...
55.9K 1.9K 12
Alexia catches her boyfriend and bestfriend of 5 years in bed together. She has a life changing accident that changes her life. She is forced to live...
321K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...