Kellin Quinn.. My step dad

Autorstwa xoRMG44xo

Hello, my name is Scarlett Gomez. I'm the daughter of Kellin Quinn, well not really he's my step dad. But he... Więcej

My step dad is Kellin Quinn
Our agreement
My bestfriend
The Mall
Doctors visit
Results
Strange feelings
Meeting New People
Feeling Bad
Comfort
The Breaking Point
Somewhere to go?
Nightmares
The Phone Call
Ugly Events
Shocking Discoveries
A Safe Place
Hell Of A Meeting
Going Out
Where to Go?
Feeling Relief
Pinky Swear
Remembering the Past
The Coming of Truths
Revealing the Truth
Revealing the Truth Part 2
Can it be True
I'm Sorry, Come Again?
Game Changer
Take Me Far Away
We Are Going Out
'Family' Reunion
Your Little Outburst
Don't Ruin A Perfect Thing
Band Audition
Current Situation
Being Protective
Warped Tour Begins
Around the Venue
Epilogue
(A/N)

Meet My "New Family"

2.9K 77 33
Autorstwa xoRMG44xo

Chapter 34

*Scarlett's POV*

After about an hour of unpacking, wondering around my room, and procrastinating, I came out of my room. I felt a little out of place here and different. That's when Kellin came out of a room with the little baby girl. What was her name, I thought to myself. Kellin was talking to the baby

"You ready to go play outside, Cope?" Kellin asks the small child, smiling.

"Yea!" the baby says, laughing as if he said something funny.

That's when Kellin looks over at me and smiles even more. I smile back at him as he puts the little girl on the floor. She then looks over at me and smiles. Running over to me and hugs my legs.

"Hi!" The girl, I'm guessing her name is Cope, excitedly says.

"Well hello there." I say with a laugh.

She then smiles and starts to climb on me. At first I have no idea what is happening. I feel very uncomfortable and stupid, for not knowing what was going on. Then she started saying "up, up!" That's when I realized that she wanted to be carried. Obviously retard, I thought to myself.

I carried her and then she smiled and I smiled. She looked so much like Kellin. She had the same eyes and face features. She had his smile and everything about her just reminded me of Kellin.

"Copeland this is your sister, Scarlett. Scarlett this is your younger sister, Copeland." Kellin said as he approached me and Copeland.

"Sister! I wuv you." Copeland said, planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek. I laughed and smiled at Kellin's clone. It must be nice to actually have something in common with your actual dad, I thought to myself.

"Awe she's so adorable." I said. Yes, I realize I didn't say I loved her back but it's going to take time when I can actually say 'I love you' to someone and actually mean it.

"Yea, she is and so is my other beautiful, precious daughter." Kellin said and put his arm around my shoulder. I blushed and Copeland smiled.

I felt like crying again. I wasn't his daughter, voices told me. We weren't blood related, so what made us a family? I thought about this since he told me about my "real dad" and honestly I hated this.

"Daddy outside." Copeland said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Okay come here sweetheart." Kellin said and I handed Copeland to Kellin.

The moment I let go of her and she's in Kellin's arms, something hits me hard. I get very sad and emotional all of something. I turn my head around so Kellin doesn't see my eyes that begin to water. This unknown feeling I have, it's hard to explain. I'm feeling sad and angry at myself, yet I have no idea why.

"Hey Scar, are you okay?" Kellin asks, worried in his tone.

I take in a deep breath and nod. I quickly wipe my tears and turn toward him, flashing a fake smile.

"Yup." I say, popping the "p". I think Kellin buys it because he just smiles and nods.

I'm about to go back to my new room when I feel Kellin's hand on my shoulder. I turn to look up at him and I can tell he's not buying my act.

"Why don't you come outside with Copeland and I." Kellin says.

At first I honestly don't wanna go outside. Don't get me wrong I love playing outside, its like my little getaway, but right now I don't really feel like it. I just wanna hide in my room and cry forever.

"No thanks, I think I'll stay in my room." I say and I could tell Kellin doesn't like that idea.

The way he looked, so crushed and scared, just made me hate myself even more. Just go be with him, a small voice whispers to me. I decide that, that voice is my only friend at this point.

"I mean, I guess I could go outside for a bit." I say afterward. Kellin automatically smiles and is now very happy.

"Alright let's go!" He exclaims and grabs my hand while heading downstairs toward the backyard with both Copeland and I.

Once we finally get outside, Kellin puts Copeland on the ground and she starts running around. I smile at this because she looks absolutely beautiful and amazing. I wish I could that happy, I think to myself.

I go and sit down in the grass. I breathe in and breathe back out, taking in my new atmosphere.

I noticed that there's a nice big tree at the far end of the yard. The yard is way bigger then the one at my moms house. There are also a swing set and slide on the other side of the yard. There's a garden near the porch and a grill on the porch. Everything looked so much nicer here then in my old house. Don't get me wrong, I lived in a nice two leveled house. The rooms were the average size and I had a balcony outside my window door thing. I really liked it but I come here and everything else here looks a little bit more "perfect."

"Hey Scar." Kellin said as he sat down next to me.

"Hello Kellin." I said, staring at the grass underneath me.

"How are you feeling?" Kellin asked.

"Okay." I said while shrugging my shoulders, looking up at him after awhile.

I saw how tired Kellin looked and I started to wonder why. Was it because of me? Dammit can't I do anything right, I thought to myself.

"Scarlett!" Kellin said, waving his hand infront of my face.

"Huh?" I said, blinking a few times to regain focus on my conversation with Kellin.

"I asked if you were sure." He said, looking worried and confused.

"Oh yea, yea I'm fine." I said, brushing that aside.

"Scarlett, listen you know you can talk to me, right. I don't want things to get weird now that you know the truth. Your still my daughter. No matter what people say or think. I love you with all my heart." Kellin said, his eyes getting a little watery.

"Yea Kellin I kn-" I start but then he interrupts me.

"Okay then can you start calling me dad again." he pleads.

"Okay dad, I know I can talk to you. I just still feel weird about this whole thing. I mean I've never thought of anyone else being my dad. You've always been there since I could remember. Which is like since I was born. So why don't I remember him?" I ask.

"Well, the thing is, wh-" Kellin starts but then is interrupted by little Copeland calling him.

"Daddy! Push me on the swings!" She exclaims cheerfully. Kellin and I both smile and then Kellin gets up.

"Coming sweetheart," He says and then turns back to me, "Come on Scar, lets go play like kids."

"Okay." I say giggling. I get up and we both walk over to the swing set. I still wonder what he was going to say. Curiosity is bubbling inside me and I just want to know. But now is not the time, I know that now.

I go on one of the swings and then Kellin puts Copeland on the other swing. I started to swing slowly, just to pretend like I was having fun. Then I hear Copeland laughing. I turn to see Copeland swinging fairly high but not high enough to actually make her fall off or scare her to much.

"Higher daddy!" She says, laughing and smiling.

"If you go to high, you'll collide with the sky silly." Kellin says, smiling at her.

"Then I could play with the angels. Please daddy, please!" Copeland begs.

I can't help but notice Kellin stiffen up a little but then jus smiles at Copeland, still pushing her on the swing.

"Maybe next time sweetie." Kellin tells her and she just nods, smiling.

"Maybe I should go play with the angels forever." I mumble to myself, looking at the ground at my shoes.

"Scarlett, really." Kellin says, catching my attention. I look up at him to see that he's looking at me with sad and disappointment in his eyes. Shit he heard me, I think to myself.

"I.. I was kidding dad." I lie to him, sending a small smile to him. He's not buying my shit though. He's about to say something when the back door opens.

Katelynne comes out from the door, wearing a hot pink v-neck shirt and denim jeans. Her hair is left loose down and is wearing sunglasses. Thank the heavens that she decided to come outside right now, I think to myself. She approaches us, smiling.

"Hey Kells, what are you guys doing?" She asks him, kissing his cheek.

"Nothing just playing with these two kids." Kellin says smiling both at Copeland and I.

"Oh how fun!" Katelynne says, smiling genuinely.

"Yea it is." Kellin said. Then he kissed my forehead and I smiled. He then went over to Copeland and hugged her.

"So I was thinking we go out for dinner tonight. It would be a fun way to welcome Scarlett to the family and a nice break for both of us." Katelynne beams.

"Yeah that would be a perfect idea! I would totally love to go out for dinner with our entire family." Kellin says smiling.

"Where are we going?" I asked before I realized I was even talking.

"I was thinking of going to this new family restaurant a couple blocks away from here. It's a Mexican restaurant and I thought it would be a nice place to go." Katelynne explains and Kellin smiles.

"Yea that would be-" Kellin starts but then his phone rings. He checks it and his expression changes from happy to mad and annoyed.

"I gotta take this." Kellin says and walks toward the door and goes inside.

Katelynne sighs and just stays next to Copeland, pushing her on the swing.

There's an awkward silence. I hated when dad got phone calls from work but I knew it had to be done. "He had a career and responsibility as the lead singer to attend to all things of the band", he would always tell me. But there are times when I think they take advantage of that.

Copeland is smiling and laughing at how high she's swinging. I smile at how happy she is. Well she's like two years old dumbass, a voice says. Fuck you, I say back to myself. Then I notice that Katelynne looks really sad.

It must be really hard for her. Having her, and I hate using this word but it's true, husband constantly leaving her and his family. Sleeping alone some nights and not being able to see her husband as much as a normal wife would. People don't really realize how hard it is for the bands wife and not just the band members.

"Well I guess we can order takeout." Katelynne says with a small smile.

"That would be perfectly fine, thank you Katelynne." I say, giving her a shy smile.

"Okay. I'm really sorry about that," Katelynne says with a small laugh, "you know how busy your dad is."

"Yea I know. It doesn't really bother me as much." I say.

"Yeah." was all Katelynne said. She looked over at the door. Following her glance, I see Kellin pacing back and forth talking on the phone. He looks somewhat happy but sad at the same time.

"So Scarlet," Katelynne says breaking the silence, "how do you feel about coming with me and Cope to get the food?"

"Yea that would be nice." I tell her with a smile.

Okay I know I should be mad at her, but honestly I wasn't. She seems like a really nice lady and she was trying to make me feel important. Don't judge a book by its cover, my mind reminds me. That's when my thoughts get the best of me.

Maybe she's just being nice to me so Kellin won't leave her. She probably sees me as an annoying little brat. She might be pretending to like me so when I least expect it, she can give me hell. For all I know, she might be scheming to send me away and back to that bitch of a mother. Don't let her in, a voice screams inside me. Keep your distance Scar, another says.

All of this gets overwhelming, so I get really dizzy and stay seated on the swing. Millions of thoughts buzz through my mind. She could be just like the rest of them, I think to myself. Only need me when it's convenient and toss me away when I'm not needed anymore.

"Scarlett, are you okay?" Katelynne asks, looking worried. Like she cares, I think to myself.

"Yeah just perfect." I say, sounding ruder then I attended to sound.

"Oh," Katelynne says a little taken back, "okay well ready to go get the food?"

"Yeah sure lets go." I say, sending her a fake smile.

Copeland, Katelynne and I go back inside, passing dad and telling him we are just going to get food and bring it back here. He nods, still on the phone, and kiss me and Copeland on the forehead while kissing Katelynne on the lips.

Once we get out of the house, we get inside dads car. I'm sitting in the passengers seat while Copeland is in back. We were riding in silence for a while. After a while, Katelynne turned the radio and music was quietly playing in the background. Pretty sure Goodbye Agony by Black Veil Brides was playing.

~10 minutes later~

We finally arrived to the restaurant and we all got out and in into the restaurant.

Once we were inside, Katelynne went up to the cashier lady and asked if our order was ready. I stood to the side and just stared at my feet. I would occasionally look around and notice how the place was decorated.

Low lights, tables with four seats for each of them, Mexican music faintly being played in the background. It was a really nice place and it reminded me a lot of when I visited Vic's moms house with him.

I looked back down to the floor, not really paying attention to anything but my shoes. Then I saw two Nike shoes infront of my converse.

I looked up and saw my worse nightmare. Andrew was standing infront of me.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to show up." Andrew said, smirking at me.

"What do you want Andrew?" I asked, annoyed with his presents.

"Oh feisty little slut. I like that about you." Andrew said, stepping closer to me while I stepped back.

"Piss off Andick! Don't you have to go show your little tick tack to some desperate bitch!" I spat back at him.

He looked beyond pissed. Anger filled his eyes and he clenched his fists.

"Your going to be sorry for that you stupid, little bi-" Andrew starts but then gets cut off when someone taps his shoulder.

We both turn around and I see Jayden, looking confused as ever.

"Hey Scarlett. What are you doing here?" Jayden asks.

"I just came here with m-" I started but then Andrew cuts in.

"Jay! How do you know this slut!" Andrew whisper screams at Jayden.

"She's the girl I told you I met when I went for a walk that day. Don't call her a slut And! She's not okay!" Jayden spat back at him.

"You don't know this girl! Jay she's really dumb and a whore! Can't you see she's just usi-" Andrew began ranting but that's when I decide to cut in.

"Listen Andrew! I'm getting really tired of your bullshit! You don't know me either so shut the hell up okay?! I'm not a whore or a slut or anything you say I am! I just came here to get some god damn food, not get attacked by a stupid bitch like you. So if you don't mind, I'm gone!" I say, anger bubbling inside me.

I walk out of the restaurant but before I can get far enough, Andrew grabs my wrist and digs his nails in them. I wince at the pain run through my arm because of all the power he's using on my small wrist.

"Your going to pay for that you little bitch." He says, whispering to me. His eyes full of anger and danger.

I tug my wrist away from him and he lets go, smirking at me. I quickly grab my wrist and rub it. I glare back at him while he backs away, back toward Jayden.

"Sorry cousin, I'm just not really fond of the little cunt." Andrew looks back at a pissed off looking Jayden.

"Your sick!" Jayden screams at Andrew before walking away from the scene, shoving Andrew in the process.

Andrew just winks at me and walks away. I feel sick to my stomach and beyond pissed. I see Katelynne running over to me with Copeland on her hip and the food in her opposite side. Worry fills her eyes as she approached me.

"Scarlett, sweetie, are you okay? Who was that boy! Did he hurt you?" Katelynne began asking.

"Yeah I'm fine," I lied "he's just a jerk from school. It's not a big deal."

"Are you sure? Did he touch you sweetheart?" Katelynne asked again.

"No I'm fine." I lied again.

Yes I realize it bad that I lied but I honestly don't need her pity. I just want to go back to Kellin and never leave.

"Can we just go back to your house, please?" I asked a little too irritated and annoyed.

"Yeah sure. I got the food already so we can leave back to our house." She says smiling at me.

I smile back at her and we leave the place. We get into the car and drive away. I start to think about what just happened.

I can't believe I saw Andrew today! Just when I need a break from his bullying and teasing, here he comes being a little bitch and out of nowhere too. This was the first time I ever stood up to him. I was really nervous but something just threw me over the edge and I snapped. I knew this wouldn't be the end of what happened. I was going to pay for what I did but I honestly didn't care.

That's when I felt my phone vibrate from my back pocket. I took it out and saw I got a text from Jayden.

To Scarlett
From Jayden: I'm SOOOOO sorry about Andrew! He's a real ass sometimes... I don't know why got into him tho, he's usually really chill... Again like really sorry about him being a jerk..

The text made me smile a little but then I realized something. Andrew called Jayden his cousin. So that meant that my bully is cousins with my new friend. Just great, I think to myself. I decide to text Jayden back.

To Jayden
From Scarlett: It's okay. Its not your fault that he decided to be an ass. And I didn't know you and Andrew were cousins.?

I waited awhile for him to text back. I stared out the window at the clouds. I wonder how long would it be before I went up there, I thought to myself.

Just then I received a text from Jayden. I unlocked my phone and red the text. Once I red it, I felt myself smile a little and laugh quietly.

From Jayden
To Scarlett: Yeah, he's from my moms side of the family.. Sometimes I wish he wasn't but what are you gunna do... Can't chose your family cuz if I could, you'd definitely be with me :)

From Scarlett
To Jayden: Awe lol that would be fun tho.

"Who are you talking to that they make you blush?" Katelynne teased and smiled at me as I locked my phone

"No one just a friend." I said smiling at my locked phone. I didn't notice that I was blushing but when Katelynne mentioned it, I felt myself blush even more.

"Awe that's cute." Katelynne said as we turned into her block.

"No it's not." I pouted as she parked the car.

"Don't worry, I won't tell your dad." She said smiling at me. I returned the smile and nodded.

I don't know if she's trying to make a connection with me but its gunna take a lot more then talking about boys to have a bond with me. We got out of the car and Katelynne got the food then walked over to Copeland's side of the door. She was having trouble with opening the door but she opened it. I guess I felt pretty bad, so I grabbed the food from her so she carry Copeland.

"Thanks Scarlett." Katelynne said as we walked up to the door. I just nodded and smiled at her.

She opened the door and we went inside. She placed Copeland down and then helped me with the food bags. We both walked into the kitchen and placed the food on the table.

"GUYS THE FOOD IS HERE." Katelynne screamed up the stairs.

I sat down on the table and received another text. I unlocked my phone and saw it was from Xavier. I suddenly got really happy.

From X-Man
To Scarlett: Hey!! Can u come to my house tomorrow?? We can chill and watch a movie. I'm really bored without you! DX

I laughed to myself and shook my head. That's Xavier for you, that funny and humble, humorous kid that everyone loves.

To X-Man
From Scarlett: I'll ask my dad but I'm pretty sure I can (: What movie are gunna watch? I wanna make sure it's worth going (;

Just then Kellin walks in with Copeland on his back. I smile because I remember when he used to do that to me, and he still does that to me. He places her in her highchair and straps her in. The he ruffles her hair and she laughs. Kellin turns to see me smiling at them.

"Hey beautiful. How was your day?" Dad asks me, ruffling me hair as well. I smile and stick my tongue out at him.

"Good until you messed up my hair." I pouted playfully at him and he smiles.

"Great my job here is done." He says as he attacks me with a giant hug and tickles me. I start laughing and so does he. In the background I hear Copeland laughing, which makes me laugh harder because her laugh is just so adorable.

"I c-can't b-br-breathe dad!" I say between laughs. He stops and let's me go.

I inhale and exhale rapidly until I get back on my regular breathing. My eyes are watery and I feel myself shaking a bit. I sigh deeply before looking up at Kellin. He looks worried but I don't get why.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod yes.

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine dad. Why would you ask that?" I asked, really confused.

"Because you were breathing unevenly so I got worried." He said, rubbing my back.

"It's happened before when you left for tours a lot. So I guess I kinda got used to it." I said and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head.

"Are you serious?! And your mom hasn't taken you to the doctors to see if you were fine?" Kellin asked frantically.

"No," I said " Dad, I'm fine though I know what to do. I'm not a little kid anymore so I know I can handle this. I got this." I say, smiling at him.

"I just get worried about you Scar, that's all." He says and kisses my forehead.

"It's okay dad, I'm fine." I say.

He nods and goes toward the cabinet that have the plates and takes out six plates.

Then Liam appears with Rowan and Katelynne. Rowan immediately runs over to me and hugs me. I smile and hug him back. Liam, on the other hand, just goes straight towards dad and gets his plate and his food. He then sits across from me and starts eating his food, quietly.

Then I feel my phone vibrate. I unlock it and see a text from Xavier.

From X-Man
To Scarlett: Maybe Grownups or Lady and the Tramp or Little Mermaid (; Whatever you wanna watch buddie!

To X-Man
From Scarlett: Yessss!!!! Little Mermaid it is!! :D

"Hey dad, can I go to Xavier's house tomorrow for a bit?" I ask as I get my food.

"Yeah sure. I'll drop you off before I go meet up with Justin." Kellin says smiling.

"Okay, thanks dad." I say and kiss his cheek.

"No problem sweets." He says as he takes a bite into his taco.

I noticed Liam was going to say something but then closed his mouth. That's right, you better keep your mouth shut, I think to myself.

Damn I'm mean.

(A/N) HELLO!!! So here is yet another chapter that came really late. I'm really sorry I got busy but that's not excuse so I'm not gunna use it as one.... Anyways I was thinking that this book might be coming to an end soon.... Don't know when but it might ending pretty soon... Just letting y'all know... So anyways vote, comment and tell a friend bout this book... You all are freaking amazing for reading this book and I wanna take the time and say I'm really, REALLY thankful to each and every one of you!! Words can't explain how awesome you guys are!! Chu guys are jus so amazing lol
So anyways
Peace✌️

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

40.9K 1.4K 42
Kellin Quinn? That guy who pops into your head when you hear the band "Sleeping with Sirens"? I guess you can say he is my father. I never met him. I...
141K 6.2K 36
Kellin, a hypersexual 18 year old meets the man of his dreams. The only problem being, it's his 26 year old widower therapist. How long will Vic kee...
1.3K 123 20
Three and a half years after the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and the original group is separated. Mike and Justin managed to find each other b...
3K 330 20
"Guys it's KELLIN FUCKING QUINN." I shouted although i tried to keep my voice low. I pointed to the park he was at. They all looked back at me with w...