What We Lost (Camilo X Y/N)

By Gisel25princess

"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person... More

Who Are The Family Madrigal?
Dance Like Nobody's Watching
Mariano's Suprise
Him
Proposing? I think not.
A Future Proposal
Ruin
Heavenly
Those Three Words
Gone...?
Two Dark Stars
Broken
Mr. Widemouth
Lo Que Perdimos (What We Lost)
Dos Estrellas Brillantes (Two Bright Stars)
Authors Note
Authors Note 2

I like you. I know.

1K 16 89
By Gisel25princess

     The next day, my mother wouldn't let me out of the house. She didn't want me running into the Madrigals. Much less, Camilo. I locked myself in my room and was angry. I've never really been angry with my family before. Sure they have gotten on my nerves a couple of times but this is a whole different level. I finally make friends and just because of what happened yesterday, my mother doesn't want me seen by the village and Madrigals today.

I was beyond bored all day. All I could think about was Camilo. I missed him. His smile and his beautiful enchanting green eyes. His soothing and yet deep voice was enough to take my breath away. I was happy when I was around him.

I stayed up in my room and did nothing but walk around the tiny space and lay down. I did however, find a book and began to read it.

That night when my family and I went to bed, I stared up at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. He was in my mind. I was also too bored to sleep. That's when I heard a tapping sound at my window that was right next to me. My body froze and I inhaled sharply. I clutched onto my blanket and didn't move a single muscle. My heart rate was so fast and the thumping of my heart was loud. The tapping came again. I got under the sheet and hid from whatever was at my window. I was shaking and felt so vulnerable.

"Pssst. Princesa?!" I heard a familiar and beautiful, soothing, muffled voice whisper. I slowly lower the blanket off my head and underneath my eyes. I was a pair of green eyes staring back at my e/c ones.

"Camilo?" I asked softly, still a little scared.

"Sí, mi amor." He said gently with a smile, "It's me." I got up and out of my blankets. I crawled over to the window and smiled back at Camilo on the other side of the glass. I opened the window and there he was.

"Camilo, dios mío! How did you get on the roof?! What are you doing here?" I whispered. He leaned against the board of the window, getting closer to my face. I blushed bright pink. He chuckled. "I shifted into Señor Ramírez and as we all know, he's extremely tall. I didn't see you all day, so I wanted to check if you were okay." He said. "Plus, there's a party not too far from here and I want you to come with." He said with a grin.

"O-oh...I-I don't think I can go, Camilo." I said ashamed and nervous. I slumped down a bit and rubbed my arm. "Why not?" He asked.

"I've never gone out to parties. Also, it's the middle of the night. You should be home. Your mom will worry and create a whole hurricane if she finds out you're not home. Plus, I would get killed for sneaking out behind my mom's back." I said anxiously, feeling myself begin to panic.

"Calm down, mi vida. It's just a party. My mom is a heavy sleeper. I should know cause her stressing everyday makes her sleepy. My dad doesn't mind if I sneak out or not. He knows I'm out right now. As long as I'm not caught by Abuela or my mami I'm fine. As for you, I promise I will not get you in trouble. We'll go for a little bit and then come back. If you get uncomfortable there, we can leave. I just want you to live life to the fullest, mi amor. You seem so trapped here. Strict mother, rules and no fun. I want you to enjoy life." He said grabbing my hands. "If you don't want to go, that's fine. It's your life, your choice." He said with a supportive smile.

My heart began to race and I could feel myself getting numb, due to how nervous I was. I didn't want to get in trouble, but I just wanted to run off with Camilo. I thought about is some more. I e realized my mom has controlled my life for too long. It's time for me to have a little fun. I sighed. "Okay, let's go." I said.

Camilo's face brightened. "Yes!" He whisper, shouted. "Okay! You put something on. I'll be waiting down there." He said, pointing at the ground. I nodded my head and Camilo slid down the roof and landed on the floor. I ran over to my closet and pulled out a white cardigan sweater to match my pink night gown.

I put on my flats and went out the window. I looked down at Camilo who was leaned up against the wall looking out at the street. "Pssst! Camilo!" I whispered. He looked up at me and smiled.

I tucked back a piece of hair behind my ear and whispered. "Um, I don't know how to get down." I whispered, loudly.

He grinned and raised his arms. "I'll catch you, amor." He said. My heart started beating fast again. I was kinda scared to jump. Camilo could tell. "I'll always be here to catch you, mi amor. I promise I'll never let you fall. I swear that on my life!" He said in a calming tone. I smiled down at him and took a deep breath. I then jumped off the roof and like Camilo promised, he caught me.

I held onto him tightly and he stared down at me. I blushed and became shy again. "What are you doing?" I asked, bashfully. "I'm admiring your beautiful face, mi vida. You're features are glowing in the moonlight. Makes it more difficult to let you go and take my eyes off you." He said with a sweet smile. I smiled shyly back at him. The moon light shining down made him look so beautiful and handsome.

I had the urge to kiss him but I knew I couldn't. We weren't a thing and I've only known him for two days. But even though we have only known each other for two days, I feel so comfortable with him and I can trust him. I know that's dangerous and childish for me to say. I know, it's just a bit, but Camilo is different. He understands me and he is a good person.

He began to lean in again. I don't know what to do. Should I let it happen or stop him? Camilo then shook his head, blinking back to reality. He chuckled and put me down carefully. He then grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. "Let's go!" He said, excitedly. I smiled and nodded. We began to run down the streets of the town, Camilo guiding me the whole way.

We reached a house in the forest and there was music coming from inside. I felt myself getting excited. "Shall we go in? Or are you having second thoughts, mi vida?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said gently. "I wanna go in."

He smiled. "Okay!" We grabbed my hand and we walked into the party and many teenagers from the town were in there dancing.

I heard a gasp from behind me. I turned around and saw a familiar face. "Camilo? Why did you bring Y/n here? What if her mother find out?" Dolores asked in a questioning tone, all while dancing.

"No te preocupes, hermana. Relax. She wanted to come. It was her choice. Plus, I promised I'd bring her back at a reasonable time. That way she doesn't get caught." Camilo explained to his older sister.

"Okay then. Just don't get us all in trouble, Camilo. Especially her." Dolores said. She smiled at me. "It's nice to see you again Y/n. I hope Mariano is doing okay."

"Eh he'll live. He's just a big crybaby is all. He's been spoiled since he was a baby. That's why he rushed into things. He believed he won Isabela over." I said, feeling more comfortable.

"Ah yes. That's what happens when you think you're in love but really it's just a simple crush is all." Dolores stated. "You know," she began as she took my hands and dragged me on the dance floor with her. She moved me around and danced with me while speaking, "I used to like Mariano."

I was surprised. "Really?" I asked. "Mhm. I thought I was in love with him. I believe he was the man of my dreams, but of course I was a bit more immature and young when I stated liking him. I believed in all that junk. Turns out he liked Isabela, but Isabela didn't like him. I realized how dumb he was being. I didn't want a dumb guy. I never stopped to think about how smart he was or what kind of decisions he'd make. After really getting to know him and analyzing a bit better, I realized he wasn't the one for me. He is a big hunk with no brain. No offense."

"None taken." I laughed. I loved my brother but everything Dolores was saying was true about him. "Now don't get me wrong, he's a handsome man and sweet guy, he just isn't the type to be responsible or to think before acting. I was cautious before making a move. Turns out, I made the right decision not making a move." She explained.

I thought about everything she said and looked at Camilo. Now I was trying to analyze Camilo and to make sure I wasn't looking at the outside but on the inside more cautiously. Dolores noticed I was looking at him.

"Word of advice, amor. If he makes you feel happy and you feel comfortable and safe around him. If you know you can trust him, give him a shot. Not all guys are bad, but not all are good. The way to know if a man is worth it or not is to notice everything they do for you and whether he respects you and cares for you. Will he really do anything for you?" Dolores advised with a sweet smile. I smiled back and said, "Thanks Dolores."

"Of course, love!" She said happily. "Now, I'm not saying this as just Camilo's sister, but as a friend. Camilo is a great guy. He's been talking about you non stop. Honestly it's annoying but cute. My little bro has never really liked any girls. Surprising? Yeah I know. You're honestly his first crush. He really likes and cares for you. I know my little brother and he's a type of guy that you don't find often. Boys like him only come once in a lifetime. I think you should give him a chance. I know you like him too." She teased.

I laughed nervously. "I do not!" I blushed.

"Yeah right, that blush on your face says otherwise! Also the way you look at him is the same way he looks at you. I know! I've worn that look before! You can't hide anything from me!" She laughed. We both began to giggle while dancing to the music.

She looked up and behind me and smirked. "Welp, that's my cue to pass you over." She said. "What?" I asked. "Camilo is walking over and I'm pretty sure he would never dance with his older sister in public. Good luck, chica amanteeeee." Dolores said with a wink, before twirling away.

I stood there nervously and frozen. Then I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind and I was being rocked side to side to the rhythm of the music. I looked behind me and Camilo was smirking down at me. My face grew red and my heart beat thumped fast. He rested his chin on my shoulder and had a gently grip on my waist. He leaned his head against mine and we swayed to the music calmly.

I was afraid he was going to do something dirty or that would make me feel uncomfortable, but he just danced with me from behind. That's was all. His breath in my neck was slowly and he seemed happy and calm. I grew happy and was actually comfortable. I placed hands on his, slightly hugging his arms and also dancing with him. It felt like heaven. I was having fun and was being held by the person I desired most.

We danced and sang together, Dolores came with us for a good portion of the time. We had a blast. I had never had this much fun besides Antonio's Gift Ceremony. I actually had friends now and I had him. I had Camilo. Well not really but at least it was comforting and made me feel special that he actually liked me back. Being with him was all I needed to make me feel happy.

Camilo then grabbed my arm and I turned to face him. "Y/n, we got to go." He said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because it's getting late. I mean early or whatever. I promised to take you back home at a reasonable time. We've been here for a good hour and a half and I think that should be good for now." He said. My heart dropped. I didn't want to leave. But at the same time, my heart fluttered that he remembered and that he is still respecting me. I smiled at him. "Okay. Thanks. Let's go then." I told him, gently. I said goodbye to Dolores and Camilo and I walked back to my house.

As we walked down the streets Camilo asked, "Hey, I have a question?" I looked over at him. "Okay." I said softly. He ran his hand through his hair laughing in a confused manner. "W-why do you do that?" He asked me.

I also became confused. "Do what?" I said gently.

"That!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I asked, laughing lightly.

"I mean, why do you get all shy, soft and quiet with me but with for example, Dolores, you're outgoing and loud?" He asked.

I got nervous. Obviously, it was cause I liked him and found him so handsome and cute that he makes me flustered and when he flirts with me he makes my knees go weak and my heart skip a beat. "I don't know what you're talking about?" I giggled, playing dumb.

"Don't pretend like I don't know, mi amor. I know I make you gush and flustered." He said with a smirk. I playfully rolled my eyes. "No!" I said with a smile.

"Ay Y/n, don't act like you're hiding anything! I know you like me the way I like you, mi vida." Camilo said holding my hand in one of his and with the other, he used two fingers to crawl up my arm which tickled me and made me giggle. "Camilo! Stop!" I was blushing bright red. I couldn't contain how flustered he was making me.

"Please, mi amor. I admit that I like you a lot. You're cute and kind. You love your family and you take care of them. You are so sweet and beautiful. Such an amazing and caring person that puts everyone before herself. You are fun and loyal and so cute. For the past two days, every night and day I couldn't stop thinking about you. I rant about you endlessly to my cousins and siblings. Heck! I even talk about you to Antonio's animals! I know I can't say that I love you. I still need more time with you before I say that, but what I can say is that I really like you and I feel confident, comfortable, happy and blessed when I'm with you. You were the part of my life I was missing. You are the one that is writing a next chapter of my story. I'm just happy to say that you're apart of my life and that I'm so grateful to have met you, Y/n Guzmán." Camilo ranted, passionately. I was breath taken. Nobody has ever spoken about me like that before. I felt special and happy about myself. He made me feel like the best girl on earth.

I smiled shyly. "Camilo...wow..." I couldn't even speak. There was so much to say but I was too I'm shock for me to spit out what I wanted to say. "Okay fine...yes, Camilo Madrigal, I like you. You're cute an funny. You're helpful and caring. You are a happy and beautiful person. You make your family proud and you treat me so great. I couldn't for more. I couldn't ask for better. I really, really like you." I said blushing, looking down at my feet.

Camilo lifted my chin up to look him in the eyes. "I know." He said with a smirk. I smiled and laughed. He chuckled and held my hand. We walked hand in hand back to my house. He helped me up onto my roof by shifting into Señor Ramírez again. He then watched me go back inside my room through the window. I looked down at him and he was smiling up at me. My smile was uncontrollably wide and I blew a kiss to him. He gestured that he caught it him his hand. He kissed my kiss and put it against his heart before placing it in his pocket. I giggled as he blew me one as well. I gestured and caught it and I held it against my cheek, admiring the kiss.

"Goodnight, mi amor." He mouthed.

"Goodnight." I mouthed back. That's when he bowed to me and began to walk back to his house. I closed my window and laid down in my bed and sighed dreamily. Camilo was perfect. Life was perfect right now. I couldn't have felt more complete and happy in my life. I was blessed with a different kind of miracle. Not just in this town, but in this world. I was given Camilo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 9.3K 15
In the country of Colombia, rests a village off into the mountains called encanto. A city full of wonders and the enchanted. A family of gifted peopl...
65.6K 1.2K 44
«𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮,𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓶𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓼.𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮,𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮.𝓝𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽,𝓷𝓸 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮» Just another Camilo Madrigal fanfics :D (I...
29K 616 16
╰┈➤ "I can never get enough of the butterflies she brings to my stomach with one glance." *ೃ༄ ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝟭𝟱 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼�...
1.9K 50 15
[Disclaimer! I do not own Encanto or its characters!] Tonight was supposed to be perfect. After the previous ceremony that left a confused, scared, a...