๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ ๐ƒ๐€๐˜๐’ | KSJ

De namelessjamie

Jin has 14 days to make his wife fall in love with him again. A Kim Seokjin AU Short Story no sequel [10.03.2... Mai multe

introduction
prologue
day 2

day 1

2 0 0
De namelessjamie

A busy morning at the Daysun company...

A young ambitious woman in a grey pantsuit and black Louboutin heels hurries through the crowded lobby towards the elevators. She's being followed by a small blonde, rather perky woman with a stack of important-looking papers and a clipboard in her hand. The small blonde seems to struggle to keep up with the woman in the pantsuit, she is taking big powerful strodes to the elevator. "Mrs. Kim, you're meeting with Mr. Jeon was delayed to 1 pm. The contract regarding the Crystal company deal has been signed... and still no answer from your husband or any lawyers he could have consulted regarding the divorce." The small blonde woman said in a hurry keeping up with her mini steps. Both women squeeze themselves through the elevator doors together.

The elevator was completely empty, only the artificial light, a few mirrors and the two women. The taller woman looked in the mirror of the elevator and fixed her hair a little, while the smaller one checked if her lipstick stained her teeth.

"Call Mr. Jeon and tell him I'm the one that delays meetings if necessary, he is the one that wants something from me so I make the appointments. Tell him 12:05 o'clock sharp or there will be no meeting with Dayun and the Jeon company. I have other things to then wait gor a delayed meeting. And thanks Gabriella you're doing your best at the moment really!" Mrs. Kim also known as Rory to friends and family said. Gabriella nodded her head, which turned into a confused frown. "What about your husband Mrs. Kim? The divorce?". That was the last thing Rory wanted to talk about during work, but she has to let her personal assistant Gabriella know what she'll have to do regarding the lawyers. "I guess he won't answer, he doesn't talk to me but also doesn't want a divorce?! I don't get men. He is just petty because he doesn't want me to be out of his grasp completely. Ugh, that is so frustrating! I want to get it over with and move on, I'm busy with work and the divorce is just a distraction." Rory snapped which made Gabriella flinch a little. Rory could get really intimidating when she is mad, which made her such a good businesswoman. Although it is rather rare that Rory speaks about her emotions and not about business. She is not a person that opens up a lot.

"I get what you are going through Mrs. Kim. My divorce was such an escapade that my husband refused to sign the papers for like two months straight!" Gabriella said. The lawyers Rory consulted were recommended to her by Gabriella, who has been through a divorce herself. Or let's say a lot of divorces. This may be her third and she is only 25 years old. "Why did you keep Seonhyuns last name anyway Gabriella?" That's what Rory always wondered. "With a Korean last name, I have better chances on jobs in Korea too. My resume can't tell them I'm not Korean. So this stupid marriage was good enough for something. I bet you could keep your name too, everyone has called you Mrs. Kim since you started working here." Gabriella said. Rory had to give it to her, this little blonde had some witt.

Rory thought about that for a minute. Did Jin and I have had as bad of a marriage as Seohyun and Gabriella? The good memories of Jin and her swarmed Rory's head, but as soon as they came Rory shook them off. No, Jin does not seem to love her anymore, he ignores her and he sure as hell cannot picture a future with her, so there's no use in beeing married. You see, Jin is a free spirit and Rory is a practical person, there was bound to be a clash some time. "You know what Gabriella." "What?" " Let's start with you, then it will catch on, you'll only call me Ms. Perez from now on". Gabriella thought about that for a minute. "Who is Perez?"

Rory rolled her eyes as far back into her head as she could. Nevermind, the witt. Gabriella wasn't the brightest star in the sky. "Let's just start with the paperwork. I need some alone time now, just me and my work..." Always the workaholic.

Fast forward to the beginning of noon in the Dayun company office. The head office, which belongs to Rory, was quiet. Rory wanted to get ready to head to lunch, but then Gabriella chimed in. "Mrs. Kim, did you forget about your meeting with Mr. Jeon? You told him 12:05 o'clock sharp and he is here now, a little early might I add." Oh shoot, Gabriella totally forgot about the meeting with one of the most important clients of Dayun company. Guess Rory has to eat a late lunch today, although her stomach is grumbling loudly.

Rory smoothed her pantsuit out and stood up to head to the meeting room. She had no idea what this Mr. Jeon looked like, his assistant only ever talks to her assistant about business so they'll be meeting here for the first time. As Gabriella entered the meeting room in all her glory, professionally shaking hands with Mr. Jeon and his assistant it was clear that Mr. Jeon has laid not only one but two eyes on her. "Wow, you're definitely not what I expected Mrs. Kim, I am positively surprised may I say." With that Rory was a bit irritated, it's been a while since a man has commented on her looks but she can also not quite pinpoint if he was even commenting on her looks or if he's just forward like that. "Well Mr. Jeon, what were you expecting?" "To be honest after my assistant told me that Mrs. Kim said I have no right to delay meetings here, I thought you looked like the old lady from the devil wears Prada...but you look more like the curvy Adriana Lima type" Mr. Jeon grinned. Don't get it wrong, Mr. Jeon wasn't an old guy disgustingly commenting on Rory's looks and weight. No, he was a young good looking, pretentious rich boy, disgustingly commenting on Rory's looks and weight. And if Rory hates something, it is men that are pretentious and arrogant, or men in high positions degrading women in high positions.

"Ok listen up, Mr. Jeon, because I'll say it once I won't say it again. I bet it feels really nice to inherit a company from your rich daddy and do whatever you want with that dirty mouth of yours because you have power. But I for one worked hard for this job, starting as a freaking barista, taking orders from pretentious fuckers like you. So if you'll excuse me I am here to represent Dayun and I would like to keep on going with the meeting and not focus on my big tits that you were staring at a minute ago, you arrogant asshole!" Rory's outburst made Mr. Jeon flinch. The assistants decided to leave the room minutes ago. Not saying that they won't eavesdrop through the door though... "Well, Mrs. Kim you've got it all wrong and I am terribly sorry that we've had this misunderstanding, ot that I've been so forward to you...I simply wanted to compliment you, maybe even spite you a bit for making me come early. I did not want to come off like a douchebag." Mr. Jeon said carefully, gesturing to Rory to take a seat.

Rory was still very much annoyed with this man and also with not eating lunch, which made her even more angry. Just as Rory thought Mr. Jeon was done talking about this topic, he began again. "Mrs. Kim I think you are a really good-looking woman and I don't want you to think bad of me..." "Not this again, commenting on my looks... please let's just start talking business." "Let me finish please Mrs. Kim. Doing business with the Jeon company means that Dayun will be part of the big family that the Jeon company is. And as family, I think you should learn a lot more about me, than just assuming things."

Rory was confused. Family? Does this man really want to mix work and private measures? "So, where to start? Maybe with assumption one. I did not inherit the Jeon's company rightfully. My family certainly is rich, everybody knows the Jeon family. If you must know though I was not born a Jeon." "What do you mean with that?" Mr. Jeon has caught Rory's curiosity and she asks him to keep going. "I am adopted. I've lived in an orphanage till I was seven and Mr. and Mrs. Jeon adopted me because their son, who was supposed to inherit the Jeon company died at an early age. They adopted me solely for the purpose of training me to be the next CEO of the company. So with my childhood down the drain here I am being called a pretentious fucker and and arrogant asshole by a beautiful woman that worked her ass of to sit in front of me with all her passion, by choice might I add. While I would rather live my life normally, then do this. Let's talk business now Mrs. Kim."

Rory was shaken by that. How could he tell such a story while keeping a straight face, as if he was telling her about what he had for breakfast? This man was a mystery but it intrigued Rory. Mysteries were meant to be explored. Rory had a lot of compassion for him after his story. It seems like he was pushed into the business world without a choice and Rory chose this world herself. Mr. Jeon put up this facade of the "pretentious fucker" on, because he basically hates his job. That's what he wanted to tell Rory with his story. Mr. Jeon, also known as Jungkook always dreamed about being an artist and not a businessman.

So they talked about business, Rory did not want to bore any further, and turns out Dahyun and Jeon company might have an agreement. They both discussed shipping costs and further partnership between both enterprises. They noticed how well they work together and how similar their work ethic is. Meaning they may have a chance to merge the companies. Rory caught herself giggling now and then about Jungkook's stupid jokes, one time he even swiped a piece of stray hair behind her ear. All in a they kind of clicked.

"Now that we've finished work and you're even laughing at my jokes, I feel like we kind of have a connection," Jeon said. Rory knew that he was flirting with her. She decided to lean into the flirting atmosphere, it's been ages since a man has flirted with her. "Oh, do you think so Mr. Jeon? What kind of connection?" "Call me Jungkook...and I am sure you know what kind of connection." He said with a wink. That made Rory flustered. "You do know I'm still..." "Married? Yes, I do, but I heard that you are not with your husband anymore. It must be hard, I've never been through a divorce. I can't imagine how you must feel." Jungkook's words felt genuine to Rory. "Yes it is really hard... I've always wanted to build a family and I guess he doesn't want to do that with me. That is basically where it went downhill... I'm sorry too much information huh?" "No not all Mrs. Kim" "Please call me Rory. I try to also go by my maiden name Perez again." Rory was hesitant to go on a first-name basis with him. "Such a beautiful name. Rory if you need anyone to talk to, non-business related. I'm here and if you are all sorted out I would love to take you out some time..." Jungkook told her a little hesitant. He knows how to use his charm, Rory thought to herself... He might be a good guy. "Now you go get lunch please because I could do it hear about it I have a deal my way to the docks and then A hear your stomach grumbling for like an hour now. Eat well! I'll see you very soon Rory!" Rory watched him leave and swooned a little, but quickly got back to work.
After a few hours there was a knock at the door.

"Uhm- excuse me, Mrs. Kim?" It was Gabriella knocking on the door, probably wanting to remind her to eat something. "Yes come in" Gabriella came in with a big bag of McDonald's and what looked like a strawberry milkshake.

"I didn't order anything?" Rory said. "Yes, about that, some anonymous person ordered it for you there is a note attached to the milkshake...Eat well, Mrs. Kim!" With that Gabriella left. The anonymous sender made Rory very suspicious. What if it was someone that wanted to hurt her? The envelope said 'To Rory ❤️ ', so it might be a secret admirer. Maybe it is Jungkook because he said some things about her grumbling stomach. But why would he send her something at all?

The letter said:

To my beautiful wife,

I know it's nearly 3 pm and I bet my last pair of clean underwear that you haven't eaten. It is your favorite, McDonald's and it's not a bribe...
I know you want to divorce me and I could beg you on my knees now to give me a second chance, but you wouldn't. You've always been that hard-headed. I've had the fear for a while now that you might have fallen out of love with me. I will just say it straight away, the divorce will not happen on my side and as far as I know you, a stone-cold businesswoman, I want to make a deal with you. I will make you fall in love with me again within the next 14 days, if it is the case by the end, we'll not divorce. If I do not accomplish that, I'll sign the papers and you win. Deal?

P.S.: This is day one by the way and I know that the food made you smile, don't deny it. Jin 1, Rory 0.

And he was right...it made her smile.

Continuฤƒ lectura

O sฤƒ-ศ›i placฤƒ ศ™i

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...