Ziam One Shots

By indi765

Ziam fluff, maybe smut, also mpreg stories. More

Only For You-1
Only For You-2
Please stay
Hey Stranger
Be Mine 1
Be Mine 2
A piece of my heart
Never letting you go
Back to you
Me for You
Roses-I
Roses-II
Luna-I
Luna-II
Luna-III
Strawberries and Cigarettes

Soulmate

895 40 42
By indi765

"You really like me?"

"You have no idea"

**********

"FUCK!"

Liam startled awake as he heard the loud voice. He squinted his eyes in the darkness of the library.

Wait. Why are the lights off?

The library was too quite for his liking. He didn't know for how many hours he had been sitting here at this table, trying to finish this stupid English essay that professor Walter had given them two days ago.

It wasn't unusual. His sixty years old professor would give them projects to be completed in short notices. And even though most of the students do not really care about finishing them, Liam wasn't one of them.

Not only is he supposed to write an essay, but he also has to prepare a short ppt about it. He had written the essay already and was making the ppt, maybe at that time he must've taken a nap. Well that power nap turned into a full fledged sleep.

He knew he shouldn't have listened to Louis. His roommate and friend had asked him to not come to their dorm because he has company.

The curly haired boy had thought that after completing this stupid essay in the library, he'll visit his parents. The drive would take two hours but it would be worth it.

He hadn't seen his family in the past one week. He's oddly attached to his parents and his sisters still pamper him. The boy is already twenty years old, but he's still the baby of the Payne family.

The pressure of upcoming exams had made him go mad. Not only that, he didn't want his family to see his sullen face.

Henry, his boyfriend of almost a year just broke things off one fine day a week ago. Liam didn't even get a proper reason for such a step. He had thought that they both loved each other. They were together for a year but their romance had started budding even before then.

He still remembers how they met. Henry was in the college football team, already in his second year while Liam had just gotten in. Their meeting was by chance and people would call their encounter quite cliche.

The nerd meets the jock.

Henry had caught the curly haired one's eye from their first meeting itself. And he knew his senior felt the same.

The football player had ask him out countless times and Liam would only reject him, simply because he wanted to see how much effort Henry will put. Finally the curly haired one agreed to go out with him.

Their relationship was going pretty well, they didn't fight like usual couples and though there were little tiffs between them, they were never serious. They both had a certain level of trust and no matter what cliche thinking everyone has about the football players, Liam knew Henry wasn't one of them.

After a couple of failed relationships in his high school, Liam finally thought that he had found the one. Sadly, he was wrong.

Henry had simply said that they had lost the spark between them, which, come to think of it, Liam had realised too at some point.

The curly haired one knew, not everyone looks for a long term relationship. And Henry is a type of person who likes the challenges life, experiencing new things every now and then.

While Liam was a person who believes in forever love, Henry was only looking for a pass time.

From the beginning the curly haired boy knew Henry's view, but he fooled himself to believe that maybe he could change the other boy.

So it shouldn't hurt him, he had anticipated that this day would eventually come, but since he was a very emotional person, his feelings took over him. He had spent three whole days crying consistently in his bed, refusing to talk to his friends.

Well friend. He knows many people from college just because of his ex boyfriend. Henry was quite popular and being the boyfriend of a football player made Liam stand on the spotlight. They were a power couple and many girls and guys were jealous of them.

Liam knew what real friendship meant. And those who claimed to be his friends were only nice to him because of Henry. The only one who actually stayed with him was Louis.

He had met the blue eyed boy when he got into his dorm room. And though they were both polar opposite, their friendship had formed instantly.

Back home, he had a few friends but since he came to college he has lost touch with them.

"Can someone open the fucking door!?"

Liam's thoughts were disturbed when he heard someone yelling. He got up from his chair but his legs buckled a little as he had been sitting for quite some time. Once he was stable, he headed towards the main door of the library.

"Shit man!"

He stood still when he realised who he was stuck with.

Zayn Malik, aka, the mysterious one.

He had known Zayn since they were kids. They both belonged to the same town. And though they knew each other, they were never really friends. The taller one would always be immersed in his books and the only friend he had was Harry Styles.

No one other than Harry had the guts to talk to Zayn as he'd glare at anyone who comes near to him. And given how closed up Zayn was, Liam never really got a chance to talk to him.

Only once did he...

No, that's a story for another time.

And the biggest shock he received was when he saw Zayn at his college. Even though he wanted to talk to him personally, Liam was honestly a chicken when it came to Zayn. The always talkative and chattering Liam Payne becomes a shying and blushing mess when he's with the taller guy.

Zayn has that effect on him.

He cleared his throat to make his presence known and Zayn turned to face him.

Liam's brown eyes met Zayn's hazel ones and both stood still, staring at each other.

There was a strange feeling building in his chest as the taller one stared down at him. He didn't know why but he liked how Zayn looked at him, there was something mysterious with the way Zayn watched him as if the taller one was trying to read Liam's thoughts.

And how captivated Liam is when he sees Zayn. He would never tell a soul about his secret crush on the raven haired boy.

Zayn looked away from their staring battle and Liam was also forced to blink his eyes.

He saw how Zayn headed towards the left of the library. Liam stood there, not really knowing what to do. Should he follow him or wait for the other guy?

He didn't have to think much because Zayn came back with his bag hanging on his shoulder.

Still not knowing what to say or do, Liam stood in his place like a dummy. His brain was screaming at him to at least react but his body seems to have frozen.

"We're stuck in here, in case you're wondering"

The curly haired boy blinked at Zayn who had made himself comfortable near a huge shelf of books and now had a book in his hand.

Liam's eyes travelled to the tattooed hands that held a book he couldn't give a damn about. The only thing his mind could imagine was what those big tattooed hands could do to his body.

Wait. Stop right there Liam Payne! Zayn is not even gay!

"Umm, I know"

The raven haired one was looking at him with narrow eyes that made Liam squirm a little.

He then remembered about his essay and ppt. He excused himself and went to get his things. He debated with himself on whether he should join Zayn or stay here only.

But there are some manners his parents have taught which is that it's rude to not talk to someone you already know. And though him and Zayn couldn't be called friends, maybe they're acquaintances.

So with that sole thought in his mind, Liam got all of his things and headed to where the taller boy was.

Zayn was still in the same position, reading the book with deep focus. Liam made himself comfortable across from him. He didn't know if it was appropriate to sit beside Zayn, because he knew how the raven haired boy's nature is.

Liam then remembered that he has a fucking phone with him. Maybe Louis could spare some time and get them out of here.

With that hope, he searched for his cell in his bag. Unfortunately he couldn't find it. He shut his eyes, mumbling a quite fuck as he recalled that he himself had put his cell phone on charging.

"Do you have your phone? Maybe we can call someone"

The other boy looked up and frowned, "I forgot to bring it"

"Me too. Did you also take a nap like me? That you got stuck here?"

"I'm not in the mood for a chit chat Liam"

The curly haired boy gasped, "You remember me?"

Zayn looked a little amused, "We belong to the same town, we went to high school together and clearly going to the same college. Of course I know you, don't feel flattered"

Ouch. That hurt.

Liam feigned indifference about Zayn's attitude. And to show that he's not affected by the taller one's words, he opened his laptop and continued with his work.

But he couldn't concentrate. Every now and then, his eyes would flick towards the boy in front of him. Thankfully, it was not just him. Zayn would also glance at him from time to time.

Zayn put aside his book and watched Liam carefully. The curly haired boy blushed when he saw that Zayn was looking at him intently.

"What?"

"You're staring at me so I thought why not give the full attention too"

The blush that coated Liam's cheeks was pretty embarrassing. He felt his cheeks heat up and he cleared his throat, "I wasn't staring at you"

"Whatever you say"

"I was not staring, I have a boyfriend"

"Had"

"Thanks for the reminder. Wait, how do you know we broke up?"

"The whole college knows you two separated. Henry has a new girlfriend already"

And that, Liam didn't know.

He had been cooped up in his room for straight three days after their break up and even though he had gone to classes last four days, no one told him anything about it. Henry's friends still greeted him with a smile but they didn't have any conversations like before.

Liam hadn't even seen his ex till now. He didn't have the courage to ask his friends about him too.

Maybe Louis knew about it but didn't want Liam to pity himself more that's why he didn't utter a word.

Anyway it doesn't matter now. They were broken up now and both had the right to move on. But what hurt him the most is the fact that Henry did it so soon. Were not the years they spent together of any worth?

"You're not jealous?"

"Why would I be? I'm happy for him"

"Don't you want to know who he's with?"

Liam was thoughtful for a few seconds. If he really wanted to move on, he needs to be bold enough to face what's thrown at him.

"Who is she?"

"Some new girl, got transferred here at the start of the year"

"You know, for a guy who doesn't talk to anyone and is antisocial, you sure seem to know much about people around you"

Zayn smirked at him, "I may not talk to anyone, but I have ears Leeyum"

The curly haired one rolled his eyes, "Aha, that means you must know all the gossips going around here"

"I know quite a few"

"So what are they saying about me? I'm sure they must be laughing behind my back for being such an emotional fool that I didn't attend any classes and was moping around for days just because my boyfriend dumped my stupid ass"

Liam himself was stunned by his own words. He really didn't like when people would be good to someone just for a show, but in reality, they are only talking ill about everyone. There was some pent up anger inside him and he was relieved to get it out.

"Do you really think so low of yourself?"

The shorter boy looked down at his lap as he fiddled with his fingers, "I know how people really are"

"Well actually there are no gossips as such. But I know many guys want to ask you out"

Liam looked up with wide eyes. Ever since he came to college, Henry was the only boy he's been with. Not a single guy had looked in his direction because of his boyfriend. And honestly, Liam didn't think anyone else would be interested in him.

"Okay"

He wanted to smack himself. Why does his brain stop working when he's with Zayn?

The taller boy chuckled softly and went back to his task. Liam was curious to know what he was reading, but decided against his idea to talk to Zayn.

This is already the longest conversation they both had and he didn't want to ruin it by asking so many questions.

They both were doing their own thing until Liam's stomach made a noise indicating how hungry he was.

If he could dig a hole in the ground right this second, he definitely would. In the silence of the library, the rumbling in his stomach was not gone unnoticed by the other boy.

With pink tinted cheeks, he looked at Zayn who was smirking at him.

God, he hates that stupid smirk.

"Come on, I know where Mrs David stacks her snacks"

Liam dumbfoundedly stood up and followed Zayn. They went to the desk of the librarian and the raven haired boy searched for the keys of the drawers. He found them in the pen stand and quickly opened the drawer in which he knew the snacks were.

Zayn handed whatever there was to Liam who looked at everything quite shocked. They were stealing snacks from the library. He has never done something like this. Yeah, he has bunked classes and even a whole day of college just to be with Henry, but they had never stolen anything.

"You should shut your mouth. It's distracting"

Liam didn't understand what Zayn meant, but he did comply. He thought that the taller boy must be uncomfortable around him.

They went back to their place and to Liam's surprise, Zayn sat next to him.

"What? I'm hungry too, or did you think everything is for you?"

Liam just shook his head and opened a packet of doritos. He offered to Zayn who took a handful of them. They started eating in silence. One by one they finished everything.

Zayn offered him a water bottle that he had in his bag. Liam thanked him and they were again immersed in silence, which was affecting the curly haired boy.

"You come here often?"

They were both sitting side by side, but with a little distance between them.

"It is my safe haven"

"I used to spend most of the time at the bleachers, always waiting for Henry's practice to get over. Now I guess I wasted my time"

"Hey I'm not interested in hearing your rants about your boyfriend"

"And I thought we were becoming friends"

"I have no friends"

"Harry is your friend"

"But Harry isn't here with me"

Liam sighed, "Don't you sometimes feel lonely? I mean every person needs someone, even if it's just to listen and talk about anything"

"I'm not that type of person"

"Well, I want to be your friend. And since we know each other from our childhood, it wouldn't be that hard for you"

"Stop bothering me Liam"

"Please Zayn. I just want to get to know you, and then you may decide if I am worthy of being your friend or not"

Liam knew he had convinced Zayn, when he got a hesitant nod in return. He really had no idea why he wanted to know anything about Zayn.

The taller boy had always intrigued him. The mystery behind those hazel eyes had captured Liam's attention from the start. The hostile attitude Zayn had, had attracted Liam.

"If your questions bore me, I'll stop you right there and you won't talk to me ever. Understood?"

The curly haired boy happily nodded, his soft curls fell into his eyes and he blushed when Zayn tucked them behind his ear.

The raven haired boy realised what he did and quickly retrieved his hand, "What do you wanna ask?"

Liam bit his lips unconsciously, trying to figure out the correct question because he really didn't want to piss off Zayn.

"What are your hobbies?"

"Seriously?" Zayn asked with a chuckle, "Alright, um, I love to sketch and paint, and I love to read books"

"What are your future plans?"

"Want to be included in them?"

Liam laughed nervously, "W-what? I just wanted to know in general Zayn"

"I want to pursue a career in graphical designing. I actually want to become an arts teacher but it isn't a financially stable job, so my family wants me to become a graphic designer"

"But you should do what you like. I mean I'm going to be an engineer because it's my dream"

"Not everyone has choices like you Liam"

"How is your mom? I had heard about the divorce, but we weren't really in talking terms, so I never asked you before"

Zayn's jaw clenched and Liam knew he fucked up, "I'm sorry, you don't have to answer"

The taller boy just shook his head, "My mom is doing well now. The divorce was a bit hard but she coped up, my sisters did too. Besides many years have passed and that man has his other family and I really don't care about what he does anymore, so has my mom learned to overcome everything"

Liam placed his hand on top of Zayn's, squeezing it a little, "Your mom is brave, and so are you"

Zayn didn't reply because he was intently watching their joined hands. Liam realised it and pulled his hand away. And he wasn't sure but he thought he saw a disappointed look on Zayn's face.

"Um, what about your girlfriend? I mean I've not seen you with anyone"

The question had always lingered in his mind whenever he saw Zayn sitting alone in classes or the cafeteria, while Liam would be surrounded by his boyfriend and friends.

"I like someone. But they're out of my league"

Liam's heart started racing fast. He didn't expect an answer from Zayn. He had thought that maybe no one interested him, that's why he must be single. And his chest ached because he expected that maybe, just maybe Zayn liked him.

"Y-you should ask that person first"

Zayn simply shook his head, "I'm not worthy of him"

"So he's a boy? Does he go to our college, do I know him?"

"Yes you know him"

"Is it Harry? Or Niall?"

Niall is Zayn's roommate and the only person who gets an answer from the raven haired boy if he asks something.

"I consider Harry as my brother, so no way it's him. And talking about Niall, he maybe cute, but he's not my type"

Some of Liam's jealousy simmed a little. But he still didn't get a name. Though he decided to drop the topic, he doesn't know if Zayn is comfortable talking about his supposed crush.

"So you're gay or bisexual?"

"I think for me, the gender doesn't matter. I just like the nature of a person"

"So that means you have dated someone before?"

"No, I haven't dated anyone. Besides, why are you so interested in my love life?"

Liam was left fish mouthed, searching for an answer inside his stupid head. He only wanted to know about Zayn's preferences.

"You know about my love life, so I thought that I should know too"

"Yeah I know how many idiot boyfriends you had"

"You do?"

The taller boy looked at him with a bored expression and held up his hand.

"First, Kale Sherman, you both got together at the end of eight grade. But that idiot then realised he wasn't interested in boys and left you" He pointed his index finger.

"Second, Dave Hudson, he proposed you because of the winter dance in nineth grade. But that also didn't last long"

"Third, Gregory Peterson, you were together for the last two years of high school but then you found out that he was cheating on you for over a year" With a satisfied smile, Zayn was now holding up three fingers, "And fourth Henry Matthews. Did I get everyone right?"

Liam was left with his mouth open. All these years Zayn kept a tab on Liam's boyfriends. But why?

The taller boy chuckled and closed Liam's mouth. The touch on his chin burned when Zayn touched him and he felt different when Zayn moved his hand away.

"Wow, I mean, you know too much about me. Are you sure you're not a stalker?"

"You never know Liam"

"Okay, since we're talking about boyfriends and all. Tell me about your first kiss"

Zayn turned a bit serious and looked down, not meeting Liam's eyes and the curly haired boy thought it was a sensitive topic. His own first kiss was a disaster.

"It was you. You were my first kiss"

"What?" Liam would need a moment or two to register this new information in his brain.

"Don't you remember our kiss?"

Of course Liam remembers that fucking beautiful amazing glorious kiss. That was the moment he realised he was into boys.

Liam rushed to the only place where he knew no one would find him. He knew his friends will worry about him when they won't see him at their lunch table.

But he could care less about them right now. He didn't understand what was wrong with him.

He should've felt nice and warm when Hannah Paulson kissed him. But he didn't. Her lips were too soft and tasted weird. Maybe that was her lip gloss, but even without it, Liam didn't like that kiss at all.

His mom had told him that when he'll have his first kiss, there would be countless butterflies in his tummy and he would feel elated and happy.

But none of that happened when Hannah, a girl from his class kissed him unexpectedly. They were in an empty corridor and thankfully, no one noticed them.

He had ran away from her the moment they had separated. The library was the only viable option because not many students like to spend time here. Besides it was soon going to be recess and no one would stay here.

He quickly opened the door and closed it. His breathing was heavy when he slid down the wooden door, finally shedding his tears.

It was stupid of him to cry like this. Maybe in his next kiss, he would feel those butterflies.

"Are you alright?"

The voice made Liam look up. He pushed back his messy curls and stared at the raven haired boy.

Zayn was standing in front of him with a thick book in his hand. Confusion was written all over his face and Liam knew it must be uncomfortable for the boy.

The taller boy was famous for his antisocial nature. The teachers would literally beg him to take a partner for group projects and even then, he would refuse. He liked to be alone.

"I-Im okay" Liam whispered, still not standing up.

"Look, there are tear tracks on your cheeks that means you were crying and I'm not the person who listens to all this emotional bulshit but" Zayn sighed, "Tell me what happened?"

The curly haired boy looked at him with his puppy eyes and a pout formed on his pink lips, "Promise you won't make fun of me?"

"Do you want me to take a pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise?" Liam held out his little finger for Zayn to take. The taller boy rolled his eyes and sat next to him, intertwining their little fingers.

"Happy?"

Liam blushed as he nodded and looked down, "I-I kissed a girl, but I didn't like it. I mean, it didn't feel good as my mum said it would"

"Your mom talked to you about kisses?"

"My mum is very close to me, I can talk to her about anything. Don't disrespect our bond Zayn"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. So, you think you're gay?"

"I-I'm not g-gay"

"You yourself said that you didn't liked it when a girl kissed you, so that means maybe you'll like it when a boy does it"

Well, his mum didn't say anything about kissing a girl or a boy. Would it feel different if he really kissed a boy.

"Oh. But how can I find out. No boy would kiss me"

Zayn glanced at him and cleared his throat, "Um, maybe I can"

Liam's face lit up brightly, it was as if he's received his Christmas present, "You would do that?"

The taller boy nodded and scooted closer to the curly haired one, "Come here"

With blushing cheeks, Liam moved his face closer to Zayn's . He felt a tingling in his body when the taller boy cupped his cheeks and softly caressed them.

And he felt those butterflies his mum told him about when his lips brushed with Zayn's. The taller boy's lips were a little chapped and rough, but Liam didn't mind it, he liked those chapped lips.

The kiss was so simple and sweet, they only moved their lips softly. But it was enough for Liam to know how truly he felt.

He liked this kiss, which was way better than his previous one.

They pulled back when air wasn't sufficient and stared into each other's eyes.

"That was-"

"Awesome, thank you so much Zayn!" He pecked Zayn's lips again before getting up and dusting off his uniform. The taller boy also stood up with a little smile.

"I hope we'll be friends Zayn"

"I hope so too Leeyum"

"But we never talked after that. Whenever I came to you, you literally ran away from me"

Zayn closed his eyes and rested his head back on the shelf, "I had my reasons"

Liam was conflicted to ask more. He couldn't believe that he was Zayn's first kiss, and he didn't know what happened after that. Why was Zayn so closed into himself?

He scooted closer, just like he had all those years ago. He was being either  extremely brave or equally stupid for doing this.

His feelings for Zayn had been buried deep in his heart. But spending time with him, made all those feelings resurface. He knew he liked boys because of Zayn, and he also knew he liked Zayn himself, but he was too shy to say it at that time.

But not anymore.

Liam cupped Zayn's cheeks. His little stubble pricked his palm, but he didn't mind it. He liked that burn. His previous boyfriends didn't have beard and he was forced to think how he'd feel that stubble all over his body.

Zayn was breathing heavily just like him. Both of their hearts were racing as they moved their faces closer. Their breaths mixed and Liam suddenly felt dizzy when he inhaled the smell of mint and ciggarette combined.

Zayn smelled amazing, and Liam was clearly intoxicated by him.

He rubbed their noses lightly and gasped when two large hands grabbed his lips, lifting him off the ground. He quickly straddled Zayn's lap as he brought one hand to the taller boy's hair, carding his fingers through the black mane, while he slowly stroked Zayn's strong jaw.

They were just about to join their lips when the sound of a phone's vibration was heard.

He pulled back with a frown, "You have your phone with you?"

"I-I, yeah"

Liam felt his insides churn and he got off Zayn's lap, "So you lied to me?"

"I didn't mean to, I mean, I-I"

"Stop it Zayn! You know I hate liars. You counted my boyfriends just minutes ago, you must know how I was destroyed when I found out about Greg. How I was on the brink of depression, you must have known I hate lairs!"

"Liam, I'm so sorry"

"You talked to me after years, just so that I'll let you be close to me. You even lied to me about me being your first kiss right?"

"No Liam, I did not lie to you about that. I just wanted to be with you and I would never force myself on you, please believe me, Liam I lov-"

"Please call someone, I don't want to stay here"

Zayn was about to say something else and defend himself, but he saw how disturbed Liam was and how he felt threatened that he quickly fished out his phone and called Niall.

The blond took about fifteen minutes to get there, thankfully with the keys.

Liam had ran out of the library with his belongings. He didn't know when there were tears streaming down his face. He reached his room, and a sleepy Louis opened the door, confused on seeing his friend in such a state.

Before he could be questioned, Liam threw his bag and laptop on his study table and got into his bed, hiding under the covers. He didn't know if Louis had company or not, and he would apologize tomorrow if he disturbed Louis's night.

All night he kept calling himself a fool for trusting Zayn. The guy was only looking for an opportunity with him. All these years, they both had not even waved at each other and tonight, suddenly Zayn talks to him openly. Of course there were hidden intentions.

But deep in his heart, he felt like his assumptions are wrong. Zayn would never hurt him like this. The taller boy knows how it feels to be deceived, his own father had done that with his family, and Zayn would not be like him.

There were so many thoughts running through his mind that his head was throbbing with pain. He felt exhausted and tired, his body ached terribly.

He felt the bed dip beside him and smiled because he knew Louis wouldn't leave him just like that.

"Wanna tell me about what happened?"

Liam turned around and hugged Louis. In these two years, Louis had taken up the role of his big brother.

Even when Henry had broken up with him, Louis had threatened the jock and landed some good punches for breaking Liam's heart.

"No, I just want to sleep"

"Okay teddy bear"

The curly haired boy smiled at the nickname and he slowly fell asleep as Louis ran his fingers through Liam's curls.

----------

"Liam, can I talk to you?"

Liam closed his locker and looked up at Darren, his classmate.

A month had passed and their exams were over. But still they were called because the break won't start for another two weeks.

Zayn tries to talk to him, but Liam never really gives him a chance. He's still hurt because of what happened at the library. He still thinks Zayn lied to him and was  nice to him, just to get into his pants.

Louis had called him an idiot for even thinking so. Zayn was once Louis' partner in an arts project, and his friend claims that Zayn isn't the type of guy Liam thinks he is.

But the curly haired boy refused to listen to him. He had made up his mind and nobody could change it.

"Yeah?"

"So you know, the student council is hosting a ball this weekend and I thought that, maybe you could be my date?"

"Oh, I-I actually don't know if I'll really go"

"Please Liam, I know you and Henry broke up a month ago and I hope you give me a chance. I really like you Liam"

The curly haired boy was going to deny again but then he saw Zayn coming out of a class.

Zayn was walking in their direction and in order to avoid their encounter, Liam rushed to agree with Darren.

"Thank you so much Liam! I'm sure we'll have a great time at the ball. I'll be your best date"

He was taken into an unexpected hug and over Darren's shoulder he saw the pained expression on Zayn's face. Liam looked away and hugged Darren, just because Zayn was still watching them.

Darren pulled away and took his hand, kissing his knuckles, "I'll come by six to pick you"

Liam didn't pay him attention as he saw Zayn walking out of the doors hurriedly. He focussed back on his 'date' and had no idea what Darren was saying.

"Yeah I'll be ready"

He moved back when Darren tried to kiss him.

"Um, sorry. I can wait for it"

You'll have to wait forever idiot.

"I'm late for my class, so do you mind?"

Without waiting for an answer, Liam turned around and walked into his class.

-----------

"Shall we dance?"

Liam looked at his date and nodded. The day of the ball had finally arrived and they were already here. But his heart wasn't.

The moment he stepped into the auditorium, he regretted his decision. Zayn was by the bar with Niall, and there was another boy with them too.

And Liam isn't a person who jumps to conclusions but the way Zayn was talking to that boy made Liam's doubts clear.

This is the guy Zayn likes.

He had felt his chest tighten and being in this closed space was making him even more nauseous.

But stupid Darren didn't get any signs and had dragged Liam to the opposite bar. The curly haired boy tried to distract himself with drinks. But nothing was working, his mind was constantly thinking about Zayn and his date.

He didn't count the drinks he had but he was still not drunk.

Liam looked through the crowd, trying to catch his favourite pair of hazel eyes. And when he did, he caught Zayn looking at him only.

He quickly averted his eyes and looked up at Darren who was still hopeful for a dance.

Liam didn't want him to get upset because of his own stupid heart, so he accepted.

Half heartedly, he matched his date's steps. He flashed a fake smile when Darren whispered in his ears that he looked extremely beautiful tonight.

His eyes met Zayn's again. Zayn was holding the glass of wine so tightly that Liam feared it would break. Every fibre in his body was telling him to go and comfort the taller guy.

Liam broke away from Darren, "I'm just not feeling good. I'll sit by the bar, please you enjoy" He quickly went towards the chairs where he could be away from people.

He breathed heavily and removed his tie.
Finally he could breathe in peace.

"You came here with that idiot just to hurt him right?"

Confused, he looked at Niall, who took a seat beside him.

"What are you taking about?"

"Don't play dumb Liam. You know I'm talking about Zayn"

Liam's face soured at the mention of the taller guy, "What about him?"

"You really don't know about his feelings for you?"

He was stunned, Zayn had feelings for him?

"He didn't lie to you when he confessed that you were his first kiss, and probably the only one. He has been madly in love with you ever since your eighth grade. He had never been with anyone in hopes that he'd be able to win you over"

"Zayn likes me?"

"He adores you! He'll probably give his own life for you. Who do you think gave that Gregory a solid beating after your breakup? It was him, he knew how hurt you were and since he didn't have the guts to talk to you, he opted another way to get revenge"

"H-how do you know everything?"

"Three months ago, Zayn came back to the room fully drunk. He spilled all his secrets when I asked why he drank so much, because honestly, I've never seen him like this. And do you know what he answered?"

Liam was too numb to answer anything back

"He said that Liam can never be his. He won't ever have the chance to hold you close, or be with you. He'll never be able to call you Jaan"

"Jaan?"

"It means life, a person's soul. That's how much you matter to him. And you really think that he'll hurt you?"

Liam took a few seconds to formulate everything.

"But why did he ignore me after our kiss? You know, I wanted to talk to him, but he just ignored me"

"That's because he had seen that some guy Kale had asked you out. He thought that you'll agree to be that guy's boyfriend and never talk to Zayn again"

The curly haired boy remembered when Kale had asked him to be his boyfriend. He had come out to everyone after his kiss with Zayn and he never thought a boy would ask him out. But he first wanted to talk to Zayn, but the taller boy had ignored him and that's why he agreed to be with Kale.

"And last month? At the library? He lied to me that he doesn't have a phone. He knows I hate liars"

Niall was clearly frustrated, "He didn't tell you, so that you both may talk dammit! He himself didn't know that you both were locked up there and when he realised that you were also with him, he thought maybe now he'll get a chance to have a real conversation"

Liam's head was spinning now. The alcohol was kicking in and his mind was not ready to rest.

"Why are you coming to me? He himself brought a date"

"That's my boyfriend. Not his date. He came alone, as always"

Something inside Liam broke, and he knew what it was. His heart shattered into a million pieces. He always thought Zayn had ignored him and believed that he was the bad guy.

It was like his eyes had finally opened. The truth was clear to him now.

Zayn protected himself from falling in love because of his dad. He developed doubts about love, he was hostile towards everyone because at the end of the day he didn't want to get hurt by anyone. His dad had done that plenty enough.

Liam is the guy Zayn likes. Zayn thinks that Liam is out of his league. Zayn thinks that he's not worthy of Liam.

Without thinking much, Liam got to his feet. His legs were working on their own accord. It didn't take him long to spot Zayn.

Zayn was looking at him only as Liam walked towards him.

A hand on his wrist stopped him. He looked at the person and wanted to slap him.

"I want to talk to you Liam"

Liam released himself, "Too late for that Henry"

Seeing nothing and nobody around him, while his brown eyes were only focussed on one person who mattered the most right now, he headed towards that person.

Once he was close enough, he threw himself on Zayn who held him from falling down. He cupped the taller boy's cheeks, caressing them just like the last time.

"I'm so sorry"

His eyes were shut close and he felt soft kisses on his eyelids and then on his nose and then on his flushed cheeks.

"Look at me Jaan"

Liam whimpered as he opened his eyes, they were blurry with tears. He blinked a few times before his vision cleared.

A strong arm wrapped around his waist and rough, calloused fingers wiped away his tears.

"I'm so sorry Zayn. I'm a fool to not notice you for all these years and you kept everything to yourself. I can't even imagine how much it would've pained you to see me with someone else"

"You didn't know Liam"

"But I should have Zayn! You were the one for me, you were always there, right in front of me, but I was blind to see you"

"None of that now. I have you in my arms  and they don't. I'm content with that" Zayn kissed his forehead.

Liam softly rubbed their noses together and their lips brushed against each other lightly, "You really like me?"

"You have no idea"

And finally after so many years, they claimed each other's lips once again. The kiss was everything he had imagined it to be. They got lost in the gentle brush of their lips, he lost himself when Zayn entered his tongue into the kiss and Liam saw stars flash behind his eyes.

They didn't care that many people were looking at them, the only thing that mattered to them was that they were finally with each other.

Though he knows it's only the first step of their relationship. There will be many ups and downs in this journey, but Liam knew he was ready to face anything if it meant that Zayn will be by his side.

He had already wasted many years where he could've been with Zayn, but he won't spend more time regretting everything. Now is the time that he has to cherish every waking moment spent with Zayn.

He doesn't know whether they'll be the endgame, but he is definitely sure that if he can call someone his soulmate, it would definitely be his Zayn.

End.

I'm back with the one shots and there are so many ideas in my head, I just hope I have enough time to write these..

Hope you're having a good day/night!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.5K 58
Read to find out I'm too lazy to write a description. lots of fluff lots of smut #1 in minyoongi #1 in yoonkook #1 bottomyoongi #5 minsuga
35.8K 932 17
just random one shots I thought of.
44.6K 516 20
One shots, some may be dirty, some have fluff, etc.
9.7K 211 73
Killdip, Billdip, Willdip oneshots! I'll take suggestions and I will do smuts.