Isabella Agosti [Slow Updates]

By Jesus123_

Her name was Isabella Agosti. And now her name is Rylan; no last name, just Rylan. Rylan's life isn't the be... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O U R T Y - O N E
F O U R T Y - T W O
F O U R T Y - T H R E E
F O U R T Y - F O U R

T H I R T E E N

4.3K 132 15
By Jesus123_

~Rylan~

My head was getting hotter by the second, and I was shivering as if I was cold. Couldn't my body make up its mind. It's almost as indecisive when I used to come on my period ages ago; my uterus couldn't decide whether to bleed or not. It was so frustrating.

"Leo, go get me some ice packs. Luca! Luca come here. Someone get Luc please." Elijah shouted making my head explode. I heard footsteps running about and more voices.

"Elijah, what the hell is happening?" Someone said. Elijah stood back up again, walking somewhere.

"Rome, now's not the time, okay? Just go find Luc." He replied.

~Elijah~

Bella was not looking too good. Once she had fought Angelo's embrace, I knew something was wrong. She was just out of it I think.

Her little episode upstairs when I woke her up and her sitting down, spacing out. Not being able to walk and now this? Something is definitely wrong.

I got Leonardo to get some ice for her burning forehead and Romeo to get Luca. Luca is my younger brother. He can sure cook but is also a psychiatrist. Whatever is going on with our baby, I'm eighty percent sure it's psychological and Luca can help with that.

I ran to the living room with Bella in my arms, Leo coming in behind me with the necessary things I need for my bambina. He gently placed them on her head for me and I smiled gratefully at him. "Thanks."

He sat down beside me, "No problem. And anyway, any idea what's up? Looks like a bad fever or something." He sighed. Leo had always loved our Bella; cuddling her at night, reading to her. He really adored her and never gave up hope that we'd find her someday.

"Without a doubt a fever but it was quite sudden. The pyrexia must've caused the panic. Poor baby." By now she'd passed out, probably worn out from everything. I kept stroking her head, while Leo looked at her with pity.

"We'll just have to wait and see what Luc says, hopefully nothing serious. It might not even be anything mental health wise." I said, then the rest of our brothers walked in.

Luca came over with Romeo standing by the door. Angelo came over too but with a doctor. I asked him to call one since I'm still in my last years of training- not fully qualified but still able to help.

"Fever?" Luca questioned, I nodded and motioned for the doctor to come over.

Angelo stood by Rome, hand on his chin in a worrying manner. Romeo looked bored but I knew he was at least the littlest bit concerned even if he didn't show it.

"Right then, how about we take her temperature and go from there?" The doctor said whilst I agreed. The rest of the boys gave us some room, still close enough to observe though.

"Fever of one hundred and six fahrenheit. Really bad. We should call an ambulance or something. If not, I can treat her here if you'd like?" The doctor said, standing up from crouching beside my little girl.

Angelo cleared his throat and gave us all a look, "No, no ambulance."

"Okay, that's fine." And then he got to work on doing the necessary things to help our baby out. He had also asked for a more comfortable setting, somewhere else. We moved into Bella's room, so if she woke up, she'd have some familiarity.

Her bed was so soft too so surely that would be nice for her. "So, I'm going give her an IV for some extra fluids since her fever has drained most of the water in her system and she seems to be dehydrated." The doctor spoke once Bella was upstairs, carried by Angelo.

He proceeded to do as he said, "And an oxygen mask because her breathing is a bit irregular."

"She has asthma." I said. It hadn't been mentioned before it ought to be said.

"Mmm, that makes sense." Yet again he did what he said he'd do and took out a mask and oxygen.

My baby. My bambina looked so small on her big bed with an IV in her arm and a mask over her face. I hated it. I bet she'd hate it too. In the little time I have got to know her, I realised some small details about her preferences.

She doesn't appreciate physical contact that much.

She's not the biggest fan of eye contact.

Very shy.

And generally scared of people. Like nervous to be around them or be near anyone new to her.

It had been a good ten minutes before Bella woke up. She looked confused so I rushed to her side from where I was sitting on her desk chair.

She blinked and tried sitting up but that wasn't a good idea considering she's still sick and should rest for a while. "Stay laying down, hun. No need to get up, you're fine now." I comforted her. My brothers stayed silently observing her but Rome had gone earlier.

Her head shook, saying 'no'. "I need to get- get up." She says groggily. "Where am I? Who are you? I wanna go h-home. Let me go home-" Panic was written all over her face as she sat up.

Her breathing picked up before it suddenly stopped. She was half way to fully sitting then she fell backwards onto her bed again.

~Third person~

Bella woke up with a start, unable to register what was going on. Questions filled her mind and she spoke them aloud without a sense of understanding.

She desperately wanted to go home because she could see that she was in fact not there. Even if 'home' was not the nicest, it was the only place she knew. The girl had her familiarties with that place and not here or what she could remember of here.

Once sitting up a bit, Bella fell back down. She ended up going limp and numb and scared more. She lost control of all her senses to make it worse. The thumping in her ears was the single reminder that she was alive and not imagining this.

Her heartbeat.

That would always be a reminder for her. Her being awake, not asleep during a bad dream. Because aren't you supposed to be asleep during a nightmare? Not able to feel the things that you normally would when conscious. Unable to taste the fear on your tongue. The reality creeping up your spine, slowly; mockingly.

The terrifing thoughts left to linger- walk through your mind. Left unsupervised. Dangerously unsupervised.

The panic sets in almost immediately, making it hard to breath sometimes- scratch that, everytime.

Because aren't you supposed to be asleep during a nightmare?

Bella lost her sight at the last second prior to darkness taking over. Her body convulsed after twitching, indiscreetly. The jerks her limbs made alerted Elijah and the doctor beside her that she was seizing.

"Elijah! Do something!" Leo shouted, worried about the sudden change in his sister's state.

The medic frantically removed the mask from her nose and mouth, and needle from her arm. Both things highly dangerous to Bella's wellbeing.

Elijah ignored his brother, tending to Bella whilst the doc did the same. "Pillow. There we go." The doctor said as he helped Elijah move the soft pillow to under Bella's head when she was flat on her side. She laid in the middle of the bed with enough room to go through her episode without hurting herself.

The doctor had already got a timer going. The second eldest brother then turned to his brothers, still holding onto the little girl gently. His hand laid firmly on her hip, ensuring her balance was stable and airway clear.

"She's having a seizure. Don't panic, she is okay but it's horrible to see her like this." He smiled weakly at the rest of the brothers that remained in the room.

They nodded wearily, watching their sorella with sympathetic eyes.

Bella's movements were violent and uncontrolled. "She's having a tonic-clonic seizure." The doctor informed the people spectating the scene. Elijah nodded in agreement, smoothing his sister's hair away from her face.

The young girl made grunts which sounded strained. Her eyes were fluttering open and closed, unable to focus on any one thing. The closest brother, besides Elijah, moved towards her bed. Leonardo hesitantly knelt down at the head of the bed. His hand hovered over Bella's head, wanting to comfort her but not interfere with her seizure.

"It's okay, you can touch her, Leo." Elijah nodded his head in Leo's direction, giving him permission to do what he wanted.

The nineteen year old did as he desired and caressed the girl's cheek, after his brother moved his own hand away from her hair. Bella's movements slowed and finally came to a stop. The brothers all sighed in relief and the doctor moved closer again. Leo moved away to give the two people with the most medical knowledge room to tend to his sister.

"She's fine for now, but I'd like to go to the hospital for a CT scan. This is her first seizure right? She hasn't got a medical record of epilepsy?" The doctor questioned.

"No record and there's no need to transfere to a hospital. I've already had a scan taken only yesterday, early this morning. I should get the results later today or hopefully sooner." Elijah anounced, also informing his siblings.

The physician put the oxygen mask back on the teenager's face. "Fair enough."

I'm so thankful for the 200 views even though it may seem small, I'm very happy!!

And please comment on mistakes or typos

;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.2K 1.5K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...
Their Moon By meshybish

General Fiction

87.2K 2K 20
Moon, 20 years old, living with her abusive uncle for as long as she can remember. Physical abuse is something she for once can deal with but mental...
1.8M 44.2K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
1.1M 29.5K 63
"You know, I always thought that this situation would play out differently." I said and their heads snapped up. Their jaws dropped and I gave them a...