𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐨...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 50

1.3K 84 140
By namjoons_miss_right

Author's POV

After that breakfast, Namjoon has decided to make this day memorable for all of them. He had rented a karaoke bar around the area, where they will spend the whole afternoon until their time of departure. So everyone is currently busy getting ready and preparing their luggages. You can see that they're wearing their best clothes for this event. Meanwhile, Seoyeon is just sitting on her bed while looking at the tulip in her hand. Since she didn't put it in a glass with water, the petals are starting to get a little dry. So she got herself a used bottle with a small amount of water, and placed the tulip there. She then placed it in her small backpack, in the pouch designated for bottles, and secured the opening with a tissue. When she was done, she went out of the room with her luggage since she was already dressed up.

At the living room, Namjoon was actually waiting for her so that he could put her things in the car. So when he saw her, he stood up and walked over.

"Are these all your stuff?" He asked, "Give it to me, so that I can put them in my car." He was about to hold her luggage but she pulled it closer to her.

"Uhm, I was actually hoping to join the other managers in the van." She answered without looking at him.

"Oh...." He forced a smile, "I understand. Do you want me to help you bring those?"

"No, thank you. I appreciate your kindness, sir. Please excuse me." She uttered formally and walked around him.

He felt his heart getting broken with her sudden change of treatment towards him. He tries to think of a reason why she is being like that, but he just can't bring anything in mind. As far as he remembers, she was still fine this morning. On the other hand, Seoyeon let out a frustrated sigh. She didn't mean to be like that, she just thinks that to prevent catching feelings is to avoid him. It will be hard, because they are together almost all of the time at work, but she's willing undergo hardship to stop whatever she's feeling.

"Ms. Park, are you going to join us in the van?" Mr. Son asked when he saw her.

She flaunted a smile as she nods, "I hope I still fit there." She joked.

"Of course, you do. You can seat beside Ms. Kang, as planned." He said and took her things to put it in the back of the van. "What about Mr. Kim? Is he going to drive alone there?"

"Y-Yes, he is." She tried to retain her smile, while Mr. Son hummed as he nods.

She then went inside the van and sat on her reserved seat. Thinking of everything that is happening, she's worried if she could remain with her plans.

*****

The colorful lights surrounded the room as the managers enters the room that Namjoon rented. It's very spacious and there were already snacks and drinks on the table. They quickly settled themselves, similar to their seat placement at the dining area, which means Namjoon is in the center while Seoyeon is sitting on his right. They managers didn't waste time and began to choose their songs. The room got filled with cheers and applause as Mr. Han began to sing. To divert her worries, Seoyeon joined the cheering and would clap from time to time. Namjoon just sat there and secretly watched every reaction she makes. At least she looks like she's in a lighter mood that before. And so, the singing went on and on. Some even accompanied their performance with dancing, making the rest to laugh and the atmosphere to be lifted.

"Hey, I haven't heard our dear Ms. Park sing!" Ms. Kang informed, making Seoyeon shake her hand in refusal beforehand.

"Yeah! Come on, Ms. Park. Let us hear your beautiful voice!" Mr. Choi encouraged as he hand the mic to her.

"Aish, guys, stop it." She chuckled as she shook her head.

"Just one song!" Ms. Im assured, and they tried to persuade her even more until she finally gave in.

"Yehey! Insert Ms. Park's favorite song!" Ms. Kang exclaimed and Mr. Jeong typed the name.

"You mean the song you want me to sing?" Seoyeon corrected, because Ms. Kang would always request this one song whenever they go to karaoke.

The tune played and Namjoon looked at the song title. Please Be Careful With My Heart, it says. Every one gave her a round of applause as she began to sing.

"If you love me, like you tell me
Please be careful with my heart
You can take it, just don't break it
Or my world will fall apart
You are my first romance, and I'm willing to take a chance
That til life is through, I'll still be loving you
I will be true to you, just a promise from you will do
From the very start, please be careful with my heart"

Since the next part is a man's point of view, the other male managers asked Namjoon to sing it while Seoyeon was busy singing her parts. Finally giving in, he accepted the mic and began to sing, which surprised Seoyeon.

"I love you and you know I do
There'll be no one else for me
Promise I'll be always true, for the world and all to see
Love has heard some lies softly spoken
And I have had my heart badly broken
I've been burned and I've been hurt before"

Seoyeon then glanced at him, but she didn't expect him to look at her as he sings the next part. His gaze were delicate, and it makes her feel some sort of way. The managers were too busy looking at the TV screen that they didn't notice.

"So I know just how you feel, trust my love is real for you
I'll be gentle with your heart, I'll caress it like the morning dew
I'll be right beside you forever
I won't let our world fall apart
From the very start, I'll be careful with your heart"

Yet before they could even sing the chorus, she excused herself and quickly left the room. It made Namjoon stop from singing, while the others got worried.

"Here, enjoy the karaoke. Just order anything you want." Namjoon told Mrs. Lee as he hands her the mic, before leaving the room to follow Seoyeon.

To avoid any commotion, Mrs. Lee told them to enjoy the party and asked Mr. Jeong to press the next song. They eventually continued their party, but can't help to worry. Meanwhile, Seoyeon went out of the bar and headed to the parking lot. She needs air, for she felt suffocated in that room even though it was ventilated.

"Argh!" She frustratingly stomped her feet, "What's wrong with me? Can't I just be normal—" But it made her pause to hear someone.

"Seoyeon!" Namjoon called as he jogged to where she is. "Hey, is everything alright? What happened?" He asked worriedly, but she stayed put and didn't dare to turn around.

"What are you doing here?" She asked sternly.

"I was worried—"

"I never told you to follow me here." She cut him off.

"I know. I did it on my own." He said, "Seoyeon, what's wrong? You've been acting so weird since this morning. I'm worried." He added that made her scoff.

"N-Now I'm the one being weird?" She then turned around and Namjoon was stunned to see tears streaming down her cheeks. "Between us, you're the one being weird, Namjoon-ssi."

"S-Seoyeon.... I don't understand." He uttered while trying to step closer, but she gestured for him to stop.

"You don't understand?" She repeated, he stood there quietly. "Well let me make you understand then. You are being 'too' friendly. It's so out of hand. I may act naive, but I am not stupid enough to not notice how you start to treat me differently. How you became so caring all of a sudden. The way you look at me. What were those things all about, huh? Because I am so confused by your actions." She blurted out of frustration.

"Fudge, I never meant to confess this way." He whispered under his breath. "Do you really want to know the reason?" He asked calmly.

"Please, just tell me...." She sniffles as she looked directly at him.

"I'm...." He gulped, "I-I'm...." He stuttered due to nervousness.

"What? You're what—?"

"I'm in love with you." And it slipped out just like that.

"H-Huh?" Her tears seemed to stop with what she heard.

"I'm in love with you, Seoyeon." He repeated, more sincerely, while looking at her eyes.

"Are you putting up a prank on me? Because this is not a good time to joke around." She answered as she chuckled in disbelief.

"I know this sounds so surreal, but I'm telling you the truth." He uttered.

It took a while to process in Seoyeon's mind what she just heard from him. She tried to calm herself for a moment before clearing her throat.

"Since when?" She queried.

"Uhm, it started when you took care of me back when I got sick." He stated timidly as he holds his elbow.

"That long?" And he nodded, "Then the pastries and bouquet of white roses.... The millions of won you just spent for those signature items...."

"Are my ways on expressing my love and appreciation for you, yes." He finished her sentences shyly.

"But yesterday, at the park, you said you're in love with someone...." And she gasped when she realized, "Oh my goodness...." She mumbled.

"It's you, Seoyeon. You're that someone." He smiled, especially seeing her blushing face.

"Is that why you asked me questions about myself? My favorite things and my views about relationships?" She asked and received a nod of approval. "What the fudge is happening— Am I dreaming?"

"This is all real. I could pinch you if you want." He was about to move his hand but she glared at him. "I was just kidding," He smiled bashfully while rubbing his nape.

"The breakfast this morning, did you purposely made mine the only heart-shaped egg toast?"

"Yeah. I wanted to impress you, that's why I made breakfast." He confessed and it made her sigh. "Are you going to resign as my secretary because I confessed?" He worriedly asked, since he's been thinking of this for a while.

"What made you think of that?"

"I don't know.... I'm just worried you might leave the company after knowing what I feel towards you. I never intend to confess this way, it was supposed to be romantic." He frowned.

"I'm not resigning, not anytime soon." She assured, making him smile in relief.

"That's good to know." He mumbled, "Uhm, Seoyeon. Can I ask something?"

"What?"

"What do you feel towards me?"

It made her froze for a moment, heat creeping on her face. "Uhm.... I sorta.... Caught some feelings."

"R-Really? Does that mean...."

"I like you too, Namjoon-ssi." She confessed and a yelp left her mouth when Namjoon suddenly pulled her into a hug.

She was surprised at first, but eventually rested her hands on his back. It feels warm to be hugged by him, she thought. And unknowingly, their heart were beating at the same pace.

"I feel so happy, Seoyeon. You make me feel happy." He whispered, causing her to smile. "Can I court you?" He asked as they pull away, her smile became faint.

"I cannot assure you that I can love you back. I'm still confused with my emotions. I don't want you to wait for nothing." She answered sadly, but Namjoon held her cheek and caressed it gently.

"Then I'm willing to take the risk. Let me prove myself to you. Show you how worthy I am of your love. I don't care how long it will take me, I will patiently wait for you." He spoke in the sweetest way, as he looked softly at her.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure is an understatement." He grinned, so she hummed as she thunks of her response.

"Hmm.... Okay." She shrugged, his eyes grew wide.

"Okay? As in 'Okay, I'm letting you court me?'." He asked excitedly like a kid.

"Yes, I'm letting you court me." She chuckled, "But there will be things to remember."

"What are those things?" He looked at her curiously.

"Work is work. I'm still your secretary, treat me as one when we're at work. I don't want to cause any rumors in the company."

"That's so easy!" He smirked. "I can do that."

"Says the one who made a policy that dating a fellow employee is prohibited in the company." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"But I'm not an employee. I'm the CEO and owner, that's different." He pointed out.

"Fine, whatever you say. Oh, and I don't like you spending so much money on me." She reminded.

"Aw, why? I love spending money on you. You're so cute when you get excited." He said with a pout.

"Aish, why are you pouting at me?" She furrowed her brows as she laughs. "Fine, just don't spend too much."

"Is a car alright?" He teased.

"Namjoon," She warned and he grinned, showing his dimples.

"You just called me by my name." He stated in pure joy and surprise.

But Seoyeon thought he didn't like it, "Oh, sorry about that."

"No. I like it better than Namjoon-ssi." He said as he put the strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Noted, Mr. Kim." She jokingly teased, "I didn't know you're this clingy though." She mentioned on how his hands are around her waist, as if he does not want to let her go.

"You don't know how badly I wanted to hug you." He confessed, "You're very much irresistible."

"You like me that much?" She said as she raised a brow on him.

"Oh, I love you so much." He replied, "You're blushing."

"You don't have to state the obvious." She frowned as she tries to look away.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" He suddenly queried, getting her attention back.

"Immediately? Where's that willing to wait?"

"I was just wondering, okay?"

They couldn't help but to smile at each other on how childish they could be. And now that they've confessed their feelings, it felt like a big boulder was lifted from their backs. Will this be the start or things will get worse?

[A/N: It's the 50th chapter, OMG! I can't believe we reached this far. I hope you liked this chapter! I updated twice in one day, what a record. I felt like this chapter was too fast paced, or nah? But I don't want to prolong the confusing stage, lol. Ah, I can't wait to write the next chapters. Lovelots!

OMG, WE REACHED 8K READS?! CONGRATULATIONS, BABY! THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR BEING THE CAUSE OF THIS MILESTONE OF ULY. CHAPTER 50 IS LIKE A CELEBRATION OF 8K READS.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.1K 3.2K 24
Y/n Agarwal is a indian girl studying in Seoul, South Korea. She is 20. Kim Taehyung is a ceo of kim industries in seoul, south korea. He is 24. Now...
590K 22.4K 47
Y/N hasn't talked to her parents since they shipped her off to America at the age of 6 to be raised by a nanny. All grown up with a business of her o...
217K 12.4K 57
when jisoo's family company is going bankrupt, her father made a deal with a business partner and set her up into a marriage TWICE at only 20 years o...
112K 7K 49
Park Jimin. A single parent with a daughter, Kim Jiyeon. His late husband, Kim Namjoon, was died years ago because of an accident and leaving him and...