ARC OF THE 10,000

By CreepingDeath84

I am tired of being the runt of the wretched Arc family. My sisters and parents always treat me like some kin... More

Flashback
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 14

1.9K 40 47
By CreepingDeath84

(Augustus's POV)

I stare down at the Knight-Commander of the Sisters of Silence, the Witchbane, and the Soulless Queen, Jenetia Krole. She is a fucking badass; her anathema is stupidly powerful to the point that Astartes soldiers have to keep their distance from her. Hell, she bested me in a duel one time because she was unpredictable and quick on her feet. Though Jenetia doesn't talk, she is an excellent mentor for the Knight-Commander taught me the ways of communicating with her sisters. Also, she had an altercation with Kharn the Betrayer, and she barely got out alive. Fortunately for her, my company of Custodians found her and took her back to Terra for treatment. Anyway, she approaches me before stabbing her massive greatblade into the ground.

I sheathe my sword before greeting the seasoned veteran via sign language.

Me (Sign Language): Greetings, Knight-Commander Jenetia Krole. Welcome to Remnant, I hope you will enjoy your time here. 

Jenetia (Sign language): Oh, Shield-Captain Augustus Aurelius, it is great to see you again after several millennia. How is Valeria treating you? I hope she is behaving like a proper lady. 

Me (Sign language): Well, she is proper with my group, but with others... She needs improvement.

Jenetia (Sign language): How so?

Me (Sign language): She flipped off almost everyone that tries to interact with her.

Jenetia (Sign language): Well, why do you think my sisters and I call her 'Sass-ter' Valeria? 

Me: Hahaha! Oh, shit... That's funny as fuck. 

Jenetia (Sign language): Anyway, I heard you needed me for something. What is the matter, Brother Augustus? Psykers?

Me (Sign language): *Nods* Yes, I believe that there are several of these psykers around this planet. However, there are two significant psykers whose names are Ozpin and Salem.

Jenetia (Sign language): I see... *Closes her eyes* I can sense their presence.

Before I can continue the conversation, we hear my daughter, Emilia, calling my name from the office. 

Emilia: Daddy?

Me: *Sighs and smiles* Yes, honey?

Emilia: Can we go play with Uncle Justinian?

Me: Not now, darling. He getting his routine check-up with the Techmarines.

Emilia: Aaawwww...

Jenetia (Sign language): I didn't know you have a daughter! Additionally, I didn't know you Custodians can procreate!

Me: Yeeeeaaahhhh, however Emilia is my adopted daughter! *Looks at the doorway* Emilia! Come here, please!

Emilia: Okay, daddy!

The toddler enters the living room with her teddy bear in her hands, then she hops onto my lap like a bunny. I wrap my arms around the girl, and Jenetia looks at Emilia with wide eyes. The Knight-Commander claps her hand together and smiles under her silver mouthpiece. Emilia glances at the leader of the Silent Sisters before leaning to the Vigil Commander. Jenetia picks her up and hugs her, but Emilia is slightly uncomfortable because of the cold armor.

Emilia: Mmmm... C-Cold! C-Cold metal!

Me: You might want to remove your armor, Jenetia. She getting cold due to your armor.

Jenetia nods at me before handing the girl to me, so I cover Emilia's eyes to allow the Commander to remove her armor. The Sister of Silence places her armor on a stand, only wearing a skintight Fibro-muscle suit. After Jenetia unclothes, I hand Emilia back to her, and the toddler cuddles against Jenetia's warmth. The Witchbane looks at me with teary eyes because she cannot handle the cuteness that is in her arms. The older lady removes her mask before kissing the little girl on the forehead. Emilia gives Jenetia a hearty smile then wraps her arms around Jenetia's neck. 

Jenetia (Sign language): She is too cute! *Hugs her tighter* Super adorable!

Me: I know, right!? So, the question is... Will you lend some of your warriors here?

Jenetia (Sign language): *Rubs Emilia's back* Of course! I will lend a detachment to this planet. *Realizes* Actually before my Talion gunship entered the atmosphere of this planet, we noticed the shattered moon.

Me: Yes, and?

Jenetia (Sign Language): I was wondering if we can set up our base on that moon.

Me: Go ahead, we're not using it! Make sure to take some Mechanicus and see if they can fix that moon.

Jenetia taps the side of her head with a smile while rubbing Emilia's back. Sister Valeria walks around the corner, looking for the toddler, then she sees Jenetia holding the girl. Valeria's green eyes widen, and the Maiden approaches the Knight-Commander before kneeling. Jenetia puts the girl down before standing up and placing her hand on Valeria's shoulder. The redhead looks up, and Jenetia gestures her to stand up which she did. Suddenly, Jenetia gives her a loving hug, shocking the Maiden.  

Emilia: Aaawwww! Cute!

Me: Indeed!

The Commander releases her soldier and smiles at Valeria before communicating via sign language.

Jenetia (Sign language): Valeria! You have grown so much! When I met you, you were just a young girl! Now, you are a tall and strong Sister of Silence! I am proud of you!

Valeria (Sign language): Thank you, Knight-Commander! I am glad that I made you proud!

Jenetia (Sign language): Indeed! And fortunately for you, the Sisters and I might settle on that shattered moon!

Valeria (Sign language): Excellent! We can be close together! No more traveling through the bloody Warp!

The duo continues to 'chat' for a while, so Emilia hops onto my lap then plays with her plush. I smile at the toddler and kiss her on the head while patting her head. Jenetia glances at me with a smug expression; I guess Valeria told her about our 'little' relationship. I return the look that says, "Please, no. Jenetia, don't jump me like Valeria in the showers." 

--Timeskip brought to you by a Chibi Augustus painting his tabletop miniature of himself--

Yatsuhashi limps out of Celestine's exterior arena after having a duel with Matthias; the Emperor's Champion gives him advice before giving Yatsu his sword back. 

Matthias: Be more fluid, you're being too stiff.

Yatsuhashi: Understood, sir. *Sheathes his sword* I will keep practicing my moves. 

Matthias: Very well, rest up and spar with your fellow pupils. Do you understand?

Yatsuhashi: *Nods* Yes, sir. 

The member of Team CFVY exits the arena, then Matthias looks at the stands of the arena, and the students are taking their notes. The Champion gazes at the crowd, looking for another student eager enough to fight him. However, I walk down the aisle with my Zweihander, and Matthias glances at me before entering his stance.

Matthias: Oh? Do you want a duel, Shield-Captain?

Me: Why do you think I'm approaching you?

Matthias: Good point. *Smirks under his helm* This is going to be interesting.

Me: Indeed...

We enter our combat stances and stare each other down; Celestine looks at us while holding Emilia then counts down.

Celestine: 3! 2! 1! Fight!

I ignite my sword and charge Matthias, then the Black Templar enters his defensive stance. Our blades make contact and sparks fly as we clash. I use my strength in an attempt to push him off the arena. However, Matthias rolls out of the way before getting behind me and elbowing the back of my head. I grunt in annoyance then swipe my sword to the right to slash him with my flaming sword. He gets hit by a wave of fire, but he's resilient as the Templar charges me with his Black Sword. My arms raise my sword into the sky then swings it down onto him, but Matthias unleashes a flurry of swings, catching me off-guard. I try to counter his assault, then my opponent dazes me by hitting my forehead with his hilt. Suddenly, he grabs my chest and delivers several haymakers to my face. 

Matthias: *Stops* Had enough, Augustus?

Me: *Lens goes red* No... This is just the beginning...

I grab his shoulders before headbutting him so hard that there's a little explosion between our helm. Matthias stumbles back a few steps, then I grab my sword from the floor before shoulder bashing him like Rogal shoulder charging Alpharius during the Battle of Pluto. My sword ignites into a giant fire as I slash Matthias across the chest. Not even his Iron Halo can protect him from my devastating attack. A large burning gash is embedded into his armor, then I proceed to make my finish move, which is grabbing his torso and throwing him into the ground.

The ground cracks under his body, then the audience groans at my brutal tackle.

Velvet: Ooooohhhh! That's brutal! Damn!

Matthias is not getting up from that, so I kneel to him to see if he's okay. 

Me: Are you alright, Matthias?

Matthias: Agh... I yield... I think you snapped my back... Ow... Hahaha, that was a good throw, man. Ouch... That hurts...

Me: Hey, at least I didn't suplex you like how I did to Kharn.

Matthias: Yeah... I can't stand... Help me up.

Me: Alright!

I grab his hand then pull him up before patting him on the shoulder and escorting him to the infirmary. The Apothecary takes his cue to take the Templar in to repair his body, so I exit the room until a scout marine runs to me.

Me: Scout Marine, what do you have to report? How urgent is it?

Scout: Sir, our enemies are deploying a massive bipedal walker east of our location.

Me: Is that all? Will there be a landing assault?

Scout: That is confirmed... I counted twenty of those Atlesian Paladins and five squadrons of infantry. 

Me: Very well... Gather your brothers, a Warlord Titan, and three Imperial Knights of House Taranis. We will counter this heretical assault.

Scout: Yes, sir!

The shorter marine runs off to gather his brothers, then I exit the academy to enter a Thunderhawk gunship. Soon, 916, Valeria and Tatiana join me in the aircraft, then the ramp door closes and we take off.

Me: So... Prepared for this defense?

Valeria: *Nods* Mm!

Tatiana: *Charges her bolter* I'm ready to light those bastards up!

CV-916: May the Omnissiah bless us.

--Transition brought to you by a Chibi Jenetia Krole sparring with Valeria--

I walk through the maze of fortifications that the Imperial Fists made in record time then stop at the frontline where the same Scout Marine was standing. 

Me: You see anything, Scout?

Before he can answer, we feel the ground shaking, then we turn to the combat zone to see a massive Atlesian mech. My eyes enhance to the cockpit, and the mech is called 'Colossus'. Wow... What a creative name, plus it looks stupid.

Soon, the army of infantry and Paladin walkers appear around the legs of the titan. We aim at the approaching horde of Xenos, but then the army stops for some reason. The vox of the Colussus squeals, then we hear an elderly female voice is heard.

Colussus: This is Caroline Cordovin of the Atlesian Armed Forces! We outnumber you by 100:1! Surrender now or die by our hands!

Me: Tch... Typical condescending Atlesians!

Suddenly, Chaplain Dominicus climbs on top of a lookout tower then points his Crozius Arcanum at the giant mech.

Dominicus: YOU MAY OUTNUMBER US, BUT YOU WILL NEVER SWAY OUR COMMITMENT TO THE EMPEROR! WE WILL STAND, FIGHT, AND DIE TO KEEP YOUR HERETICAL ARMY FROM OCCUPYING OUR CITY! WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER TO YOU!

Colussus: Very well! Then die! 

Before the Atlesian army can attack, we hear a Titan warhorn as the ground shakes...

I smirk under my helm, then the trees fall as a 32-meter Warlord-class Titan, armed with a Plasma Annihilator, an Arioch Power Claw, and two triple-barreled laser blasters mounted on its carapace, steps forward followed by three 12-meter Imperial Knights from House Taranis, all of them are the Errant variant armed with a battlecannon and reaper chainsword.

(Warlord Titan)

(Knight Errant)

I stand on top of a concrete blockage with my sword pointing at the enemy. Black Templars, Imperial Fists, and my companions ready their weapons, then I shout at my comrades. 

Me: BROTHERS AND SISTERS! WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S CHOSEN AND WE SHALL SERVE THE EMPEROR'S WILL! WE WILL SHOW THESE FOUL XENOS THAT REMNANT BELONGS TO THE IMPERIUM OF MANKIND! FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone: FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

After my brief speech, the Warlord sounds its horn again, then we get out of our cover with swords and bolters, charging the enemy.

As our armies engage in bloody close-range combat, the Imperial Knights sprint at the squad of Paladins. The Warlord Titan slowly marches to the Colossus while shooting its cannons at it; Cordovin shields the cockpit with its cannon arm while approaching the Titan. However, that blocks her view of our Titan, then she moves the arm just in time to see the power claw swinging to the cockpit. The massive gauntlet bitchslaps the Atlesian mech, causing the walker to stumble back. Cordovin activates the drill hand then throws its arm at the Warlord, but the Void Shield tanks the hit, and the Titan aims the Plasma Annihilator at the Atlesian midsection. The plasma cannon charges up then fires a beam onto the midsection, creating a massive burning hole on the enemy titan. Main power shuts down in the Colossus, so the backup generators activate, but that makes no difference at the Warlord impales its torso before lifting it and throwing the enemy mech into the ground. The Colossus crushes a team of enemy infantry; the Warlord steps onto the legs of the Atlesian titan before aiming at the cockpit with the Plasma Annihilator charging up. Caroline gets off the seat then tries to escape the fallen titan, but it's too late as a beam penetrates the armor and burns everything, including Cordovin. Seeing that their titan is destroyed, the remaining Atlesians take the cue to retreat, but we're not taking any prisoners. A Black Templar Terminator walks slowly while firing his six-barreled assault cannon at the retreating soldiers.

The enemy soldiers get shredded into meaty bits, then a Paladin runs toward him. Unfortunately for the Paladin 290, a Reaper Chainsaw from one of the Errants impales the walker then rips it in half. The Terminator looks at the Knight that stole his potential kill before flipping him off with his powerfist. The Errant sounds its warhorn in response to the Templar's vulgar hand gesture. We chuckle at the duo's antics, then Chaplain Dominicus steps onto the burning wreckage of the Colossus before stabbing a banner into the hull.

Dominicus: Sons and Daughters of the Emperor! We have claimed another victory! Thank the Emperor for this glorious victory!

Me/Everyone: Thank you, Emperor!

Dominicus: Anyway... Is anyone up for Tacos? It's Tuesday after all!

Me: Hell yeah! 

Tatiana: Where's the Tequila at?!

Me: No! No! I'm not dealing with a drunk Sororitas later tonight!

The white-haired female pouts like a child as the Chaplain readies the ingredients for today's supper. From being outnumbered to slaughtering a cocky enemy and now enjoying tacos on a Tuesday. Man, this day has been a wild one!

To be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 251 11
After Jaune's forged transcripts were exposed by Weiss, many of the students started bullying him, berating him, even tried to kill him. However, the...
41.8K 449 26
Jaune Arc bullied, tormented by the students of Beacon. All except for Ruby, Velvet, surprisingly Cardin and the Beacon staff. Life has been a living...
25.3K 499 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...
139K 1.7K 26
Jaune Arc, former leader of Team JNPR and former student of Beacon Academy was devastated, and betrayed due to Cardin's act. He was about to lose his...